Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week (58148 Views)

Governors Violating Interstate Travel Ban / COVID-19: Governors Fume As Interstate Travel Ban Collapses / INEC Decides On Bauchi, Kano, Rivers, Sokoto, Others Today: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by yankeenowo(m): 7:20am On Jun 23, 2020
The Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 said on Monday it had started reviewing the guidelines for lifting of the ban on interstate travels.

Speaking at the daily press briefing of the PTF in Abuja, the National Coordinator of the task force, Dr Sani Aliyu, said the roads would be opened when the bus termini in the country all had COVID-19 preventive measures in place.

Aliyu stated this as the PTF Chairman, Boss Mustapha, disclosed that the Federal Government would next week decide on its lockdown policies, including the ban on interstate movements.

The PTF coordinator said the guidelines submitted by the Minister of State for Transportation, Gbemisola Saraki, was being reviewed and the roads would be opened as soon as it is safe to do so.

He said, “At the moment, we still have restrictions on interstate travel. But we have been linking up with the Federal Ministry of Transportation through the Minister of State for Transportation.

They have given us guidelines that they have developed: very detailed guidelines, and we have looked at them, summarised them and discussed at PTF last week.

“We have asked the Minister of State for Transportation to please engage with the road transport workers to make sure that the usual garages and parks that we have are ready in terms of guidelines that we have in place such as physical distancing, reducing the number of passengers per vehicle and provision of handwashing facilities etc.

“And I believe they are already working on this and hopefully, we should be able to open as soon as it is safe to do so.”

Aliyu who expressed worry over the lack of compliance with safety protocols and urged states to increase the rate of their COVID-19 testing also asked them to make laws to make the wearing of masks in public space mandatory.

FG to take decision month end

Meanwhile, Mustapha, said the Federal Government would at the end of the month take a crucial decision on the lockdown declared to curtail the spread of COVID-19.

Mustapha said, “At the beginning of the month of June, the PTF announced a one-month period for the implementation of the second phase of eased lockdown.

“We have continued to monitor developments nationwide in order to take informed decisions at the end of the month. We have exactly eight days to that point of decision.”

While answering a question on whether the government might consider a total lockdown again, Mustapha assured Nigerians that the decision that would be taken by month end would not any way amount to a change in strategy.

He said if there would be a change in strategy, it would be expected to come from the side of Nigerians.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/fg-decides-on-interstate-travel-ban-others-next-week/%3famp=1

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2020
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed waste of time

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by tamdun: 7:32am On Jun 23, 2020
Was waiting for fed govt decision but am tired of waiting, I dey travel next week

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 23, 2020
Which ban??
These people are bunch of jokers..

169 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by Rilwayne001: 7:37am On Jun 23, 2020
Buhari is so senile that he didn't know there's no ban on interstate travel anywhere. People has been traveling from one state to the other as ever. These people should stop joking abeg.

126 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by Balaxx: 7:45am On Jun 23, 2020
"Might consider another lockdown"

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by seunlayi(m): 8:44am On Jun 23, 2020
FabranJustice:
They better scrap that nonsense, I don't even see any inter-state ban effectiveness, because I can still travel around. The only difference is that I pay higher, u can't be travelling from Ajah to Ijebu for #2000. They better cancel that nonsense! Anyway check my signature jare leave this yeye Governors

Let us address the real issue, we all know the advantages of the lockdown but due to sabotage by our SECURITY TEAM which jeopardised the gain. Let us channel our synergy towards the main culprit. The earlier 1st 3 weeks lockdown was enough to control the virus in Nigeria but the sabotage ruined it despite the sacrifice of Hunger, loss of income, etc by the masses

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by Odoctor(m): 8:45am On Jun 23, 2020
Pls they should reopen our schools.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by yesloaded: 8:49am On Jun 23, 2020
As far as am concerned, interstate ban only exist on paper but not in reality & it's quite unfortunate. Government also disappointed Nigerians greatly because they failed in their responsibility to contain the spread of this virus despite sacrifices made my Nigerians

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by duduade: 8:51am On Jun 23, 2020
Looool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by otokx(m): 8:53am On Jun 23, 2020
A classic case of self delusion.

11 Likes

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by THUNDER4real(m): 8:57am On Jun 23, 2020
Nigeria government are full of jokers....Police, army and Fsars are cashing out big time. When I was traveling, I was surprise army are even collecting money, even negotiating how much to collect.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 23, 2020
They are just enriching police and other security workers, there has never bn anything like interstate travel ban right from time due to the govt incompetence. They should free people.

35 Likes

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by emexc11(m): 10:19am On Jun 23, 2020
Decision long over due

1 Like

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by Bellaqueee(f): 10:26am On Jun 23, 2020
They should lift it ooo. Can't wait to go to ikeja

6 Likes

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by EngineerBode: 10:27am On Jun 23, 2020
What I know is that they should not allow interstate flight and still block interstate road movement.

the day they allow flight, the same day they allow road travel.

14 Likes

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by YorubaKinging: 10:27am On Jun 23, 2020
Lol whatever they decide

There's no coronaVirus in our cities

Shame on lying scientists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by Slawormir: 10:27am On Jun 23, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Make them open this thing joor

I dey wonder how God is good motor take dey cope since then
Plus all other transport company

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by ForeThinker: 10:27am On Jun 23, 2020
There's currently no such thing as interstate ban

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by optimusprime2(m): 10:27am On Jun 23, 2020
Buhari wehdone sah smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by eleojo23: 10:27am On Jun 23, 2020
Which interstate ban?

The one wey no dey work since day 1?

Many markets are open, churches are open so what's left again?

They should just free everybody and let our immune systems do the fighting.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week by fishjam: 10:28am On Jun 23, 2020

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edgal Imohimi And Ali Janga's Ranks Reverted By Police Service Commission / Sule Lamido: Peter Obi, Doyin Okupe Are Alive To Attest To What I Told Them / Fighter Jet Pilot Rescued From Crash Site In Abuja (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.