Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,995 members, 7,838,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (707 Views)

Nigeria Needs A President Who Understands Economy – Obasanjo / ''Atiku Can’t Bring The Change Nigeria Needs'' — Oby Ezekwesili / THROWBACK: Nigeria Needs Atiku To Make Life More Meaningful – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 24, 2020
Re: . by ModestGal(f): 6:08am On Jun 24, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
It has been observed that most developments in Nigeria are baseless and wrong priority. With that,Nigeria will always be third world shithole with it's citizens lining up at embassies .
It seems to me that the government aren't focused or have simply chose not to focus on the quality of life of the people, it appears to me that they are more focused on surface vanity projects instead of building the foundation for an organized,lawful and orderly society with good quality of life where no one would desires to migrate out for a better life.
The obligation of the government is to enact and implement: LAWS (child labor,street hawking,vehicle overload,wrongful parking,kidnapping etc etc) ,CITY PLANNING( building codes,zoning laws,waste disposal,water supply,Transportation infrastructure (roads,traffic signs ,sidewalks,drainage,street lights),HEALTHCARE, HCD(education,skills acquisition,employment,youth empowerment social programs) , SECURITY (border security ,public surveillance cameras ,efficient police force, id database), STABLE ELECTRICITY , EFFICIENT TAX SYSTEM. These are the most basic things that matter, not conference center,resort ,highrise building , largest mall ,overpass, Airline,seaport ,or cargo airport. Forget about all of that stuff and deal with the basics.

forget absolutely everything and Chose only two task out of the list above and deal with that within a specific time frame. You can start with SECURITY(border security ,ID database,public surveillance cameras ,efficient policing ) , & STABLE POWER SUPPLY. This can be accomplished within 20 months ,then move on to LAWS,CITY PLANNING, and one more task on the list within another 20 months .
SECURITY
All states should have border demarcation,toll booth entry ,and that would solve interstate Communal clashes, illegal entries,and help boost security . We want a secured and organized society where everything is documented and checkmated. Disband and revamp the police force. Prerequisite for recruitment into the police force should be individuals who studied psychology,criminology and other law enforcement related courses, even so , there should still be additional training,background checks and aptitude test. Individuals should be at least 20 to 35 years old,6 ft tall and fit.
All states should have Id database and all residents of a state should be well documented with an ID. No one should live ,school or receive healthcare or work in a state without proper documentation. For example,if you move permanently from Benue State to Akwa ibom state , you would have to go register at a center and get a stamp of permanent residency . If visiting temporarily for a few hours ,days, weeks, or months ,you would have to be stamped and documented at the point of entry as temporary visitor.
STABLE POWER SUPPLY
Stable power is probably the most important infrastructure which all others rely on. For example Id database and surveillance cameras rely on stable power supply.
It is understood that states do not yet have autonomy for power generation, that sucks and is something that needs to change .
The cost of building power plants and power generation is astronomical only because Nigeria has to pay billions in inflated cost to foreign construction companies. And that's why I previously suggested reduction of cost by using Indigenous civil engineers ,NYSC program,and skilled volunteers to accomplish infrastructure development. With that, a power plants can be built within a short period of time .
Beautiful thought my friend

2 Likes

Re: . by babajero(m): 6:53am On Jun 24, 2020
What Nigeria urgently needs is to break up.

1 Like

Re: . by Ilaumoh(m): 9:37am On Jun 24, 2020
This will be lovely
Re: . by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 28, 2020
Re: . by babajero(m): 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
Decentralized government
It is partial break up, because every region or zone will have its own policy.
Re: . by babajero(m): 8:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
Decentralized government
It is partial break up, because every region or zone will have its own policy. .
Re: . by SLAP44: 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2020
babajero:
What Nigeria urgently needs is to break up.

Exactly!
Re: . by SLAP44: 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2020
babajero:
It is partial break up, because every region or zone will have its own policy. .

And you still have the same incompetent people at the centre? God forbid.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
The government is obligated to build an organized ,lawful, and orderly society ; but unfortunately,it has been observed that most of Nigeria's developments are wrong priority. Although tangible efforts made so far are commendable , but the governments seem to only care about vanity structures than focusing on the foundation and improving the quality of life of the people . Everything built without foundation are meaningless .

The purpose of this thread is to express my idea and opinion on what real development should be about and how I think Nigeria should develop and provide good quality of life for it's citizens,and halt desires for mass exodus . All other opinions and ideas are welcomed .

The obligation of the government is to enact and implement:
LAWS (child labor,street hawking,vehicle overload,wrongful parking,kidnapping etc etc) ,
CITY PLANNING ( building codes,zoning laws, affordable housing, waste disposal,water supply,Transportation infrastructure (roads,traffic signs ,sidewalks,drainage,street lights),
HEALTHCARE,
HCD (education,skills acquisition,employment,youth empowerment social programs ,etc)
SECURITY (border security ,public surveillance cameras ,efficient Law enforcement and courts, id database),
STABLE ELECTRICITY
EFFICIENT TAX SYSTEM
These are the most basic things that matter , not conference center,resort ,highrise building , largest mall ,longest overpass, Airline,seaport ,or cargo airport. If the basics are put in place by government , everything would follow; 40 story apartment buildings would spring up at Calabar or Onitsha.

Chose only two or three task out of the list above, and deal with that within a specific time frame. You can start with SECURITY(border security ,ID database,public surveillance cameras ,efficient law enforcement&Courts ) , & STABLE POWER SUPPLY. This can be accomplished within 20 months ,then move on to LAWS,CITY PLANNING, and one more task on the list within another 20 months .
SECURITY
All states should have border demarcation,toll booth entry ,and that would solve interstate Communal clashes, illegal entries,and help boost security . We want a secured and organized society where everything is documented and checkmated.
Disband and revamp the police force. Prerequisite for recruitment into the police force and other law enforcement should be individuals who studied psychology,criminology, and other law enforcement related courses, even so , there should still be additional training,background checks, and aptitude test. Individuals should be at least 20 to 35 years old,6 ft tall and fit.
All states should have Id database and all residents of a state should be well documented with an ID. No one should live ,school or receive healthcare or work in a state without proper documentation. For example,if you move permanently from Benue State to Akwa ibom state , you would have to go register at a center and get a stamp of permanent residency . If visiting temporarily for a few hours ,days, weeks, or months ,you would have to be stamped and documented at the point of entry as temporary visitor.
STABLE POWER SUPPLY
Stable power is probably the most important infrastructure which all others rely on. For example, Id database and surveillance cameras rely on stable power supply.
It is understood that states do not yet have autonomy for power generation, that sucks and is something that needs to change .
The cost of building power plants and power generation is astronomical only because Nigeria has to pay billions in inflated cost to foreign construction companies. And that's why I previously suggested reduction of cost by using Indigenous civil engineers ,NYSC program,and skilled volunteers to accomplish infrastructure development. With that, a power plant can be built within a short period of time .

PS: I understand some of the intricacies towards accomplishment of the aforementioned, and i have solutions . there's so much to say but I want to keep it short and simple.
We all know these things Bros ...when u earn 4 trillion a year as federal government
Wage bill is 2 trillion ...debt servicing is 1.2 trillion and running government cost over 500billion

How can u achieve this
Re: . by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
Re: . by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
babajero:
It is partial break up, because every region or zone will have its own policy.
How is decentralization partial break up? so you support the current unitary system? that's why Nigeria is in deep shit.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
I've previously explained solutions to that . I will create another thread soon.
Ok I would love to see it
Re: . by babajero(m): 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
LEX2000:
How is decentralization partial break up? so you support the current unitary system? that's why Nigeria is in deep shit.
I don't support unitary government, in fact I don't even support the system called Nigeria.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
babajero:
I don't support unitary government, in fact I don't even support the system called Nigeria.
lol

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Is A ‘foreigner’ Says Henry Idahagbon / BREAKING: Pro-sars Protesters Storm Police Headquarters / Obiano Don Sack The Notorious James Nwafor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.