Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,562 members, 7,865,345 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:10 PM

Feminism? Not Scientific! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminism? Not Scientific! (170 Views)

Feminism? Not Scientific! / Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Feminism? Not Scientific! by Hardebaryor(m): 10:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
Candace Owens, a victim of feminism lamented at the Young Women Leadership Summit (2019) saying:

"I learned too late that feminism was a scam. Today, I'm 55, I'm unmarried, and I've passed the age I can have children. I have to take medicine to help keep me happy and my medication. That is the scam of feminism. If there is anything I could go back and do; I would have warned myself against the scam of feminism."

Merriam Webster dictionary defines feminism as

1: The belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities,

2: Organized activity in support of women's rights and interests

*Similar Terms:* #women liberation #womanism #Feminism #gender equality #Equalism

Without an iota of doubt, the feminism idea is antithetical to major world religions, more particularly - Islam. The feminist concept is alien to the Muslim world. In fact, it is not wrong to consider the term "Muslim feminist" as a suitable example of a paradox.

With only a few Qur'an verses, the feminism propaganda is utterly deconstructed, and a "Muslim feminist" may have to choose between Islam and feminism. Certainly, the two beliefs are mutually exclusive.

However, in this modern age, it becomes pertinent to resist the feminism movement not only from theological approaches but also via appropriate scientific criticisms. This often reveals why the call to "gender-equalism" is unnatural, irrational, and dysfunctional.

Thence, this article seeks to flaw the growing trend of feminism activism vis-a-vis a science-based approach.

1. Human biology

Agitating for 'equality of gender' is like crying over the spilled milk. Naturally, both physical and physiological features of the two sexes differ a great deal and no amount of surgery or transplants can make a woman become a man (and vice versa). Each sex was designed to perform specific but complementary roles toward achieving the general goals.

If gender binary is truly a social construct as claimed by some feminists, why shouldn't the campaign include "Say no to Female Menses," because the male counterpart is free of periodic menstrual discharge? In addition, none of their campaigns has ever featured "Men must carry a pregnancy," at least to share the antenatal burdens. The point here is; if you can't fight against the natural difference in sex, then why protesting against the difference in rights and responsibilities.

According to Aurora Sola' (a pro-feminist):

"The feminist project has been worn down by the anti-scientific attempt to sweep sex differences under the rug, and we have misguidedly set for ourselves the goal of equal representation in certain attractive professions."

2. Physics - electricity

Before electricity can become useful, two dedicated pairs of the cable must come together, each performing specific roles. The live wire (+ve in battery source) carries current to the appliance while the neutral wire (-ve) completes the circuit and carries current away from the appliance.

Practically, if men and women should have equal rights and play equal roles, instability sets in. Rather, a gender-based division of labor guarantees high productivity at a reduced cost.

3. Automobile vehicles

In moving a vehicle, the driver controls the wheel. Any attempt to wrestle the steering with the driver leads to an accident. Passengers cum passers-by can only be of a guide.

Similarly, a man is socially designated as the family head in most cultures, he steers and moves the family. Wives and children can only make inputs where necessary. This brings about decorum and minimizes confusion. Emulating the "driver-passenger" relationship is sacrosanct for peace to reign. A family where husband and wife enjoy the same rights and perform similar roles can never be progressive even if such marriage is sustainable.

4. Sports - Soccer

In football, we're yet to find a team of 11 men playing against a team of 11 women in the same tournament. The same goes for athletic, boxing, and wrestling games. On the contrary, what we find is women wrestling with men over juicy administrative posts. This gives the impression of the fight against gender discrimination to be absolutely selective.

When will FIFA allow men and women to play football together?

In replying this question, www.quora.com states:

"Never. Unfortunately, you can say what you want about gender equality and all that, but Men are much fit physically than women. Look at the Olympics for example. Watch the Men’s 100m sprint final, it’s faster than women’s 100m final. Watch the weightlifting. Men can lift heavier weights than women. If men and women were allowed to play together, nothing would change. I’m sure some of the top elite females would make it into lower league teams, but the top leagues would remain 100% male. Sorry feminists."

5. War and Armed forces

Perhaps, the feminists' battle for equal rights and opportunity is limited to selective areas of interest. Currently, men still dominate the military forces of every nation. It seems the feminists fear death, they prefer men being on the danger line. The statistics of women in the biggest armies around the world shows

China: 5%
India: 3%
U.S.A: 16%
Russia: 10%

Nonetheless, a larger proportion of women serving in the military are consigned to medical work and desk jobs, barred from ground combats. In an article titled "Gender inequality in the military service," Joao Carlos and Sofia Menezes noted as follows:

"Recent scientific research has evidenced that women still represent a growing minority in most Western militaries. Women’s integration deserves equal opportunities across all branches and levels of responsibility in the military, however, their expansion to ground combat roles is still a challenge to the military and policy-makers."

Summary:

Feminism emerged as a social struggle seeking to protect the rights of women regardless of cultural and religious standards. More disappointingly, the philosophy of the movement is irreconcilable with natural and scientific facts. The claim that men and women must be accorded the same rights and opportunities in every aspect of life is far from reality. Besides frustrated females and indoctrinated males, who else embrace feminism?

By: Abu Mar'yam Hanafi Abdulkadri

(1) (Reply)

My Favourite Life Line / International Bilateral Economic Forum / H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.