Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised (1271 Views)

EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others / Apc Rally: Provocative And Uncivilised- Igp / Jonathan Describes Boko Haram As Uncivilised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by Beaf: 5:37am On Jan 30, 2011
[size=14pt]Oppose Jonathan, divide Nigeria–Lamido[/size]

Sunday, 30 January 2011 00:38 Godwin Isenyo    .Share 0JIGAWA State Governor, Alhaji  Sule Lamido spat fire on Northerners who are opposed to the continuation of President Goodluck Jonathan in office on May 29, this year.

If Northern opposition to the President continues, the country should simply be broken up, he declared, pulling no punches at key members of the North who have continued to raise anti-Jonathan sentiments.

Lamido noted that opposition to Jonathan is subsisting although the President has secured the nod of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to fly its banner in the election.

The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) last week declared the North’s opposition to Jonthan despite winning the PDP ticket at the party’s last national convetion in Abuja.

Lamido, who spoke on the Hausa service of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) monitored in Kaduna  said that no governor in the North was coerced to vote for the president at the last special convention of the party where he emerged as the party standard bearer for the election, contrary to speculations.

Lamido also argued that the issue of zoning was laid to rest by the party during the special convention of the party on January 13. He added that the overwhelming votes cast for the president at that convention superseded  even the constitution of the party.

The Governor said that if Northern Muslims could insist that President Jonathan, a Southern Christian, should not be President, then, there is a need to divide Nigeria and let each zone determine its direction.

He argued further that those championing a Northern presidency are uncivilised, adding that such sentiment would only lead to the destruction of the north itself.
His words: “The point is they are using such sentiments to destroy the North. What is politics all about? Following your opinion. But for someone to say one must abide by his opinion no matter how, is wrong. People should be allowed to do what they want. If that is the case, we should divide the country so that we could have the section for Christians and that of the Muslims,” he said.

Lamido continued: “We should know that this issue of zoning, out of about 60 political parties, this zoning issue is for the PDP alone. It does not bother those in the ANPP, CPC or ANC. But because of the circumstance we found ourselves, it has become a general issue. Now they are denouncing the PDP but the fact is that they cannot change anything.

“ Look at what happened in Kano during the ANPP, there was this boy called Ibrahim Little. For many years he was the only major figure in the ANPP but in the end they forcefully rejected him. Look at how Abacha’s son joined a party within two months and seized everything. So those people, what they are doing, they feel is what everybody is doing.

“Jonathan is not the governor of Abia, he is not the governor of Borno or Kastina. Therefore such noise….It is wrong for someone to be listening to the sermons of a gossiper…for someone from another party to come and be saying all sorts of things against the PDP, like the party is against Islam, Sule does not like Muslims, he has gone astray by following non believers, okay  let’s see.”

Explaining why some states  did not wholly vote for Jonathan, Lamido  said: “Whoever did what he did, did that based on his opinion and wishes. Some are afraid, others are frightened. But for us, we have been in it for over 30 years. We were frightened, we were made to be afraid, they said we don’t like Islam, that we are anti-North…but those who judge somebody’s faith, look at them.

“ Any person who says his fellow man does not like Islam, look at him and watch his relationship with others. They are ignorant by saying someone has deviated from his true religion. We are still in the North and we are seeing them, what is it that they have not said? Forget about such people. The electorate should go and vote for its choice, it’s an election and people know the right. They have seen those who ruled before, how was it, what level are the states in now? What becomes of the North and how strong is the Northerners’ strength?

On demonstrations in some states against the PDP like in Kaduna where the PDP flag was burnt, he said: “Any member of the PDP, wherever he might be, is known. The party has followers everywhere, in the local governments and everywhere. Those perpetuating such crisis, not all are in PDP. But the point is that there are some lazy politicians who feel they have lost. We know their antecedents, they cannot be trusted. They are Muslims but they don’t know what the religion demands.

“ All these allegations that the North has been marginalized, they don’t know about it. They are the ones causing such problem and we have small children that are unemployed. Poverty is unlimited here. These burnings, humiliations, and abuses, would that wipe out the poverty in the North? They should choose to live in peace so that  we work for their development.

“All the people talking are those in CPC and  ANPP, and they were never in PDP before. There was ANPP administration in Jigawa, all those in CPC or ANPP in the state, even before he was in ANPP and not in PDP.”

Lamido also said those who might defect from the party were not true members of the PDP. “I heard what Ribadu, Buhari and Shekarau were saying, that they would provide good leadership devoid of ethnic or religious sentiment…Those who failed election in the PDP and are now alleging foul play, perhaps the other time they won nobody heard them say anything. To them, PDP was the best at that time.

“It is wrong to politicize religion because of Jonathan…a Muslim does not lie, he does not gossip or mislead, or blackmail people.”

By Godwin Isenyo, Kaduna

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=74210:oppose-jonathan-divide-nigerialamido&catid=43:news&Itemid=799
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by Beaf: 5:41am On Jan 30, 2011
If you have never heard of Sule Lamido, you are missing a trick. He is one of the most dynamic (if not the most) governors in Nigeria.

This thread is a good intro:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-379261.0.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/218850_jigawa_JPG39e39e87ee911fd161aad063feae6290
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by jason123: 5:47am On Jan 30, 2011
@ topic

He is right about that but I still do not like GJ tongue
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by kcjazz(m): 5:47am On Jan 30, 2011
He is strategising to run for President someday tongue
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by Beaf: 6:03am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

@ topic

He is right about that but I still do not like GJ tongue

If at 28, you don't even know your village, who gives a damn what you think? You shouldn't be in the politics section. You need to learn who you are before jumping in here.
Find out the name of your village and visit it. Born trowe.
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by Beaf: 6:05am On Jan 30, 2011
kcjazz:

He is strategising to run for President someday tongue

He will make a great president and he will deserve it. The guy is very clued up and development oriented.
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by jason123: 6:08am On Jan 30, 2011
Beaf:

If at 28, you don't even know your village, who gives a damn what you think? You shouldn't be in the politics section. You need to learn who you are before jumping in here.
Find out the name of your village and visit it. Born trowe.

Guy, you insult everyone that does not support GJ, why? undecided? I know my village now by the way. Relax, I would visit home soon. Abi?!
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by Beaf: 6:13am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

Guy, you insult everyone that does not support GJ, why? undecided? I know my village now by the way. Relax, I would visit home soon. Abi?!

I don't care who you support, cos it carries no weight since by your very own admission at 28, you don't even know your village and you are a lost soul. I just don't want my thread polluted.
Dude, if you have now finally asked your parents where your village is, please sir, can you reveal it and directions of how to get there? I am very ready to converse with you in Itsekiri. Right here, right now.

. . .Oh yes! cool
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by ekubear1: 6:18am On Jan 30, 2011
Beaf:

If Northern opposition to the President continues, the country should simply be broken up, he declared, pulling no punches at key members of the North who have continued to raise anti-Jonathan sentiments.

Lol. Part of me. . .  wink

Anyway, interesting that he comes out so forcefully for GEJ.
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by jason123: 6:24am On Jan 30, 2011
Beaf:

I don't care who you support, cos it carries no weight since by your very own admission at 28, you don't even know your village and you are a lost soul. I just don't want my thread polluted.
Dude, if you have now finally asked your parents where your village is, please sir, can you reveal it and directions of how to get there? I am very ready to converse with you in Itsekiri. Right here, right now.

. . .Oh yes! cool

Beaf, since the day I renounced my support for GJ, you have hated me (understandable). Anyway, I was told it's ogbe something iju (not that it really matter because Nigeria is just a place I did my sec school in).

About conversing in itsekiri, I tried learning but the guy stopped coming online.
Evidence: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-63015.32.html#bot

Guy, reduce this your hatred oo!
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by Beaf: 6:40am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

Beaf, since the day I renounced my support for GJ, you have hated me (understandable). Anyway, I was told it's ogbe something iju (not that it really matter because Nigeria is just a place I did my sec school in).

About conversing in itsekiri, I tried learning but the guy stopped coming online.
Evidence: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-63015.32.html#bot

Guy, reduce this your hatred oo!

Are you the only anti-GEJ fellow on NL or do you think you are particularly special? Dude, I don't hate anybody; I just view you the same as I veiw spam.

. . .By the way Ogbe Ijo is an Ijaw village near Agbassa (real names Bomani or Otowodo) in Warri. Are you now Ijaw? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Wonders never cease! Pesin pikin go wound o! grin grin grin
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by jason123: 6:43am On Jan 30, 2011
Beaf:

Are you the only anti-GEJ fellow on NL or do you think you are particularly special? Dude, I don't hate anybody; I just view you the same as I veiw spam.

. . .By the way Ogbe Ijo is an Ijaw village near Agbassa (real names Bomani or Otowodo) in Warri. Are you now Ijaw? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Wonders never cease! Pesin pikin go wound o! grin grin grin

That is what I was told. I could easly research and give you a lie but I did not. So there is absolutely no itsekiri in that area?? Btw, why do you view me as a "spam"?
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by jason123: 6:55am On Jan 30, 2011
Beaf, I am waiting. Let's finish this once and for all.
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by Beaf: 6:59am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123:

That is what I was told. I could easly research and give you a lie but I did not. So there is absolutely no itsekiri in that area?? Btw, why do you view me as a "spam"?

Because you are loud, yet have zero knowledge.

Please go and research your origins properly, it will form the basis of the learning process that is so necessary to the formation of your identity. Many of us have given you genuine advise about this as brothers, but you persist; especially when people can perceive you have no roots. Who do you think you are deceiving? There is zero foundation in 90% of your remarks concerning politics.
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 30, 2011
Oh beaf beaf beaf. Vous et Jonathan (I hope I was right tongue)

Anywaz, so jason is 28? Older than I thought, interesting.  smiley
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by jason123: 7:03am On Jan 30, 2011
Beaf:

Because you are loud, yet have zero knowledge.

Please go and research your origins properly, it will form the basis of the learning process that is so necessary to the formation of your identity. Many of us have given you genuine advise about this as brothers, but you persist; especially when people can perceive you have no roots. Who do you think you are deceiving? There is zero foundation in 90% of your remarks concerning politics.

Okay, I have done a bit my research. I even coming home this summer. I'm not 28 tongue but I am above 23. We, cool now undecided
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by jason123: 7:05am On Jan 30, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Oh beaf beaf beaf. Vous et Jonathan (I hope I was right tongue)

Anywaz, so jason is 28? Older than I thought, interestingsmiley

No, I was lying about my age. I just want to come clean so people can stop bring by ID into threads.
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by blacksta(m): 7:26am On Jan 30, 2011
Who cares - what Nigeria needs is the right candidate whether Northern or Southern

[size=17pt]Propaganda [/size]is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position. As opposed to impartially providing information
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by Beaf: 8:45am On Jan 30, 2011
“ Any person who says his fellow man does not like Islam, look at him and watch his relationship with others. They are ignorant by saying someone has deviated from his true religion. We are still in the North and we are seeing them, what is it that they have not said? Forget about such people. The electorate should go and vote for its choice, it’s an election and people know the right. They have seen those who ruled before, how was it, what level are the states in now? What becomes of the North and how strong is the Northerners’ strength?

Word!
We will see an accelerated propulsion of strong progressive Northern leaders to the fore, as the old pack of bats and Ciroma's fire their last set of wretched weapons and capitulate to inevitable defeat.
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 30, 2011
jason123, if you feel you have been insulted, you can report to the moderators. wink wink
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:58am On Jan 30, 2011
oyb:

jason123, if you feel you have been insulted, you can report to the moderators. wink wink

lol
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by jason123: 9:05am On Jan 30, 2011
oyb:

#

grin grin grin grin
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by Rhino5dm: 9:27am On Jan 30, 2011
personally i subscribe to what sule lamido said(am with him 100% if we can live as one, then its better we die as two). on no account we will be subjected to politics of religion and ethnicity.The average northern electorate has been abuse and his will subverted by few selfish political elites.

But, in reality sule lamido is been view by an average northener as a traitor and thus, the truth he spoke will make no meaning to an average northerner. As a principal projector of OBJ third term ambition, he has since lost the last credibility from his people which was chakard by numerous Anti-north perceived statement he was continueing spewing as the minister of external affairs under OBJ.

Point worthy of note here is, the masses were fully aware of his anti GEJ campagn and sudden u-turn after EFCC intorrigated his first son for whanton curroption charges as a sole beneficiary of contract in the state since the assumption of his father to power.

NB. Pardon my so many mistake cos am on mobile.
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by nduchucks: 10:44am On Jan 30, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

personally i subscribe to what sule lamido said(am with him 100% if we can live as one, then its better we die as two). on no account we will be subjected to politics of religion and ethnicity.The average northern electorate has been abuse and his will subverted by few selfish political elites.

But, in reality sule lamido is been view by an average northener as a traitor and thus, the truth he spoke will make no meaning to an average northerner. As a principal projector of OBJ third term ambition, he has since lost the last credibility from his people which was chakard by numerous Anti-north perceived statement he was continueing spewing as the minister of external affairs under OBJ.

Point worthy of note here is, the masses were fully aware of his anti GEJ campagn and sudden u-turn after EFCC intorrigated his first son for whanton curroption charges as a sole beneficiary of contract in the state since the assumption of his father to power.

NB. Pardon my so many mistake cos am on mobile.

Thanks for your instructive post. It simply exposes sycophants and GEJ goons, who project themselves as knowledgeable, as the ignorant people they really are. To them, any Northerner who vigorously supports GEJ, even if the reason is to protect himself from EFCC, deserves to be a Nigerian president in the future. wonders shall never end. mtcheeew!
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by Beaf: 10:51am On Jan 30, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Thanks for your instructive post. It simply exposes sycophants and GEJ goons, who project themselves as knowledgeable, as the ignorant people they really are. To them, any Northerner who vigorously supports GEJ, even if the reason is to protect himself from EFCC, deserves to be a Nigerian president in the future. wonders shall never end. mtcheeew!

Damn!
I remember the way you effusively agreed with a post I made some time back about Lamido being one of Nigeria's very best leaders!
Sir, we welcome you to the land of goons as king! grin

In the meantime, bring out your ruler and start drawing the new border.
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by nduchucks: 11:01am On Jan 30, 2011
Beaf:

Damn!
I remember the way you effusively agreed with a post I made some time back about Lamido being one of Nigeria's very best leaders!
Sir, we welcome you to the land of goons as king! grin

In the meantime, bring out your ruler and start drawing the new border.

I will not allow you to dodge a effective criticism of your likes by taking statements of mine out of context. Would you be willing to admit that Sule Lamido has lost credibility among the Northerners and his current pronouncements are simply not as effective as you are projecting?

By the way, leave jason123 alone. Don't try to disarm him by attempting to belittle him, he is more intelligent than you are, olodo.
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by Beaf: 11:12am On Jan 30, 2011
ndu_chucks:

I will not allow you to dodge an effective criticism of your likes by taking statements of mine out of context. Would you be willing to admit that Sule Lamido has lost credibility among the Northerners and his current pronouncements are simply not as effective as you are projecting?

By the way, leave jason123 alone. Don't try to disarm him by attempting to belittle him, he is more intelligent than you are, olodo.

Dude, I only noticed you criticising yourself. Its good to stand for something and not float with the wind. He used to be someone who was fit to be president to you before the primaries, but suddenly your thinking has been "zoned" away! Lolz
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by nduchucks: 11:21am On Jan 30, 2011
Beaf:

Dude, I only noticed you criticising yourself. Its good to stand for something and not float with the wind. Lolz

You are not in a position to advice anyone about how to stand for anything. We know you are a GEJ supporter who is incapable of being objective when talking about GEJ and unable to constructively criticise his government, even when dullards can tell that such criticisms are in order. If this is how you stand for something and not float with the wind, I'm sorry you can shove your suggestion, I'm not interested.

Regardless of how hard you try to dodge and change the subject, the points I made regarding Rhino.5dm's post remain very valid. Call me all the names you wish, my point remains valid. rakumin dajij.
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by Beaf: 11:32am On Jan 30, 2011
ndu_chucks:

You are not in a position to advice anyone about how to stand for anything. We know you are a GEJ supporter who is incapable of being objective when talking about GEJ and unable to constructively criticise his government, even when dullards can tell that such criticisms are in order. If this is how you stand for something and not float with the wind, I'm sorry you can shove your suggestion, I'm not interested.

Regardless of how hard you try to dodge and change the subject, the points I made regarding Rhino.5dm's post remain very valid. Call me all the names you wish, my point remains valid. rakumin dajij.

I see you are waxing abusive. Didn't you sleep well, or is it just that you had nightmares about the trashing of zoning, ethnically and religiously bigoted politics that some of your people so relish?
What is so wrong with what Lamido has said that you have turned sectional? Didn't he speak the truth? I would have expected you to tackle his viewpoints rather than go down the unfortunate route you have chosen. Do you think the country should be divided since you people believe you cannot be ruled by a Southern Christian?
Re: Sule Lamido - Those Championing A Northern Presidency Are Uncivilised by omanzo02: 11:51am On Jan 30, 2011
Jason123 when last were u in Nigeria? Ogbe Ijo is Warri like Beaf said, @ beaf, take it easy on Jason and help him to locate his root.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Poll Results From Www.nigeriansdecide.110mb.com As At 4th March 0700 Gmt / Have You Noticed The Death Trend In Aso Rock Since 1998 / Shewu Of Borno Accuse Aliens Fom Chad And Cameroon As Mastermind Of Bokoharam At

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.