Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition (35833 Views)

It’s Shameful For Buhari To Hand Over Power To Opposition – Adamu / Bode George Wants PDP To Discipline Fayose For Saying Obaseki Will Lose Edo / Oshiomhole: We Won’t Lose Edo State If Obaseki Leaves APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2020
Fuvk bubu

1 Like

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by anigbajumo(m): 10:26pm On Jun 27, 2020
ospido:

You've said it all.Na we dey for here.
Plus say Obaseki enjoys the unwavering and total support of the traditional institutions (Palace).
Besides,when it comes to politics Shuabu is a better politician than Oshiomhole and they're brothers. Let's see how Edo North will reject their own and vote for an Ize-Iyamu.

Pass me that weed, Shaibu that lost an election under ANPP in 2003 until he came under Oshiomole AC and won, Oshiomole influence evev made him a majority leader....Just wait and see in due time.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by 2gbasky22(m): 10:26pm On Jun 27, 2020
Jombojombo:
You're truly on ground. Permission to copy
granted
Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Jesusloveyou: 10:27pm On Jun 27, 2020
OVB123:
That analysis is not true. let me tell u, edo south will vote overwhelming for obaseki, same with edo central, the only district he will have problem is edo north, due to the overwhelming influence of oshiomhole but even at that, obaseki will still win.
you are wrong, even as a sitting governor, he could not win his poling unit, ward and oredo local government.
that a was a big shame,
APC would have lose all house representive, if not for oshomole that come down to ovia north east/ovia south west to ensure omosede did not win, the same in orionwmon/uhumwode.
obaseki could not mobilised, he was just Dundee, who will like to have a Dundee in his team.
as it stand now, obaseki can not win any local government in Edo south and Edo north.
13 local government are sure for APC or 14 constituency are sure for APC.
APC does not need to make noise or campaign.
we are just looking at obaseki as he is making noise.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by WATCHOVER(m): 10:28pm On Jun 27, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
I hope that Edo people wont be conned the second time.
Buhari is talking nonsense!
In as much he is the GCFR, and have been ordering rigging, Edo State elections is going to put an end to APC rigging tactics.
APC has lost Edo State completely.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 27, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
remember we hate PDP because of their past record in Edo state. for 8years PDP mess up Edo state. all the development you are seeing started by oshomole and obaseki could not increase the tempo of development.
we in Benin city are grateful to oshomole.

did you know how the last election was won for obaseki?
if PDP holds Edo, why are they not having one house of assembly member.
forget about presidential election.
PDP will presidential election in 2015, because of Jonathan. in 2019, because of liability obaseki who could not mobilised even as a sitting governor, that was how APC lost Edo south senatorial zone, and it was ize iyamu that mobilised for uroghide especially as both of them are in the same local government.
that last election was even the mean reason everyone in APC want obaseki to go, he is not fit to be a leader.

shaibu was able to influence only 5 members to suspend oshomole is that achievement, that is illegality,
obaseki refuse to inaugurate the 14 members because he knew he has failed woefully and he will be impeach.

You seem to be a person in Edo state, so I will probably analyse issues for you.

1. Between me and you, we know Ize-iyamu and PDP defeated Obaseki and APC in the last governorship election. However, Oshiomole spent alot of money to swindle Victory for ApC and Obaseki. Which is one of the reason he is really angry with Obaseki, because truth be told, Oshiomole bought Obaseki's supposed Victory in that election.

2. You talked about PDP not holding Edo because PDP has no house of Assembly member. Well, from this your submission, I guess you are a card carrying member of the APC. Let me give you a summary of what happened. PDP defeated APC hands down in the presidential elections in Edo. Out of 3 senatorial seats, PDP won 2. Out of 9 house of reps seat, PDP won 5. Atiku defeated Buhari in Edo. This got Oshiomole annoyed who saw it as a disgrace to him as National chairman of APC. He then rigged the house of Assembly elections that came later so that APC won all seats. His plan was to impeach Obaseki with these people he rigged election for, but Obaseki was smart enough.

3. I will agree with you that Obaseki had really not performed to expectations, but you and I know that majority of Edo people are behind him, not because he has really done well, but Edo people will continually reject someone who wants to try to play god-father in the state. Godfatherism ended with Late tony anenih and Oshiomole can't become a godfather in Edo.

Edo is not Lagos.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Jesusloveyou: 10:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
Theoarhics:

Pls Are you in Edo state? Just enter any street in Edo and make this same statement if they won't stone you to death. Which kind Oshiomole and Ize Iyamu? Ppl that will be stoned if they ever come out to campaign.
hahahahahaha,

we said it, that obaseki is the real agbero.
he think violence will help you.
did obaseki even know how the last election was won for him.?
or did you know?
everybody just quiet, does not mean they will stone me, they born the person. I'm even in ogbe, or come to ward 4, obaseki ward in oredo.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by bottlewater1(m): 10:37pm On Jun 27, 2020
Sannisege:
so na governors go vote?

of course governors won't vote at all but obaseki was busy doing consultation with PDP governors before the primaries
Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Jesusloveyou: 10:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
Meninmen:

You seem to be a person in Edo state, so I will probably analyse issues for you.

1. Between me and you, we know Ize-iyamu and PDP defeated Obaseki and APC in the last governorship election. However, Oshiomole spent alot of money to swindle Victory for ApC and Obaseki. Which is one of the reason he is really angry with Obaseki, because truth be told, Oshiomole bought Obaseki's supposed Victory in that election.

2. You talked about PDP not holding Edo because PDP has no house of Assembly member. Well, from this your submission, I guess you are a card carrying member of the APC. Let me give you a summary of what happened. PDP defeated APC hands down in the presidential elections in Edo. Out of 3 senatorial seats, PDP won 2. Out of 9 house of reps seat, PDP won 5. Atiku defeated Buhari in Edo. This got Oshiomole annoyed who saw it as a disgrace to him as National chairman of APC. He then rigged the house of Assembly elections that came later so that APC won all seats. His plan was to impeach Obaseki with these people he rigged election for, but Obaseki was smart enough.

3. I will agree with you that Obaseki had really not performed to expectations, but you and I know that majority of Edo people are behind him, not because he has really done well, but Edo people will continually reject someone who wants to try to play god-father in the state. Godfatherism ended with Late tony anenih and Oshiomole can't become a godfather in Edo.

Edo is not Lagos.
that is beginning of obaseki failure, moving from frying pan to fire,

everybody are just laughing at him,
you said oshomole is a godfather and anenih was the last godfather,
so what is PDP is to obaseki?
you mean PDP is obaseki puppet?
let a criminal obaseki be deceiving, by telling you oshomole want to play godfather to him, just to you.
how much oshomole demanded from obaseki as a godfather? how many of oshomole loyalist obaseki appointed as a godfather? none.

but PDP are demanding 50/50 appointment.
and 10b just for their worthless party ticket.
so who is the real godfather.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Pzpropertylimit(m): 10:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
Before he said this , they must have started warming their helicopters that will be used against the voters already .
Rest in peace to the dead in advance

1 Like

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Adukpe19(m): 10:52pm On Jun 27, 2020
Tor, e be like say my own don finish for Edo. Just look how I be now.

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by kolmart: 10:53pm On Jun 27, 2020
Dimesia has set in for our president of I may ask him what did he do to Obaseki when jepaid him a courtesy visit twice? He just woken up to know that APC has governor has defected to PDP.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by kolade560: 11:00pm On Jun 27, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
sympathetic voters, betrayal voters blablabla re textbook political terms far from reality.
The reality is ize iyamu left with the soul of PDP in Edo thats why pdp never had a serious contender until obaseki came on board.

Obaseki is not a politician , doesnt own a political structure. The one he ones he has now was bought for over 6billions naira. thats why he is banking on support from emperor wike unfortunately he is alone in the battle.

Obasanjo said worst against atiku yet he supported him. Politics is not an Emotional game.
PDP have been criticizing obaseki tenure, called it collosal failures now dollars have change hands they re now singing his praise
so what's ur point

1 Like

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by kolade560: 11:03pm On Jun 27, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
ize iyamu didnt contest for assembly, you just confirm my point that ize iyamu is the soul of PDP. When he was on ballot PDP put on a good show, when he is not they lose woefully.

Apart from shuaibu those that re supporting obaseki re come and chop politicians with no electoral value.Ej oyegun, idahosa, anslem ojezua.
If obaseki with his money can't buy the loyalty of majority of house assembly in Edo then he stands no chance.
To show u how useless Edo PDP re , obaseki bought them without conceding his deputy gov slot to the party because shauibu has more electoral value than anybody in Edo PDP.cheesy
so how did PDP win presidential election in Edo?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by drskyfly007(m): 11:04pm On Jun 27, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
Edo will be the easiest.
The voting pattern favours Apc.

Edo central votes re always divided

Ize iyamu won Edo south last time , now it will be shared between obaseki and ize iyamu because of power of incumbency.

Edo North- Apc will win landslide and that is the end of the road for obaseki

point of correction PDP won Edo south during the 2016 elections..Ize iyamu was just a beneficiary!
PDP won Edo south senatorial district during the 2019 elections with a landslide..Edo south is PDP!

Edo Central will vote massively for obaseki because of the human capital development there(cleared all back log of pensions and salaries, no single civil servant is owed in Edo state)though the votes here will be shared by both PDP and APC..

Edo north will be cleared by the deputy governor..He is the political leader there and a grassroot politician and as such will neutralize the perceived effect of the former chairman Oshiomhole who is from same zone..

Then finally the power of incumbency and the resolve of All Edolites to end GODFATHERISM once and for all..

This will be the easiest victory for Obaseki, he deserves it!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
that is beginning of obaseki failure, moving from frying pan to fire,

everybody are just laughing at him,
you said oshomole is a godfather and anenih was the last godfather,
so what is PDP is to obaseki?
you mean PDP is obaseki puppet?
let a criminal obaseki be deceiving, by telling you oshomole want to play godfather to him, just to you.
how much oshomole demanded from obaseki as a godfather? how many of oshomole loyalist obaseki appointed as a godfather? none.

but PDP are demanding 50/50 appointment.
and 10b just for their worthless party ticket.
so who is the real godfather.

Oga keep quite and stop fooling yourself. Can a party be a godfather? I'm talking of Edo people rejecting Oshiomole for wanting to play a godfather in Edo state, you are talking of PDP being a godfather. Is PDP a person? Do you say APC is the godfather in lagos or Tinubu? Go check the dictionary meaning of a god-father before you continue to make a fool of your self.

So, you expected Obaseki to give up just like that because APC didn't give him ticket. So you expected him to act like Ambode and chicken out of the governorship race why Oshiomole have a field day foisting Ize-Iyamu on Edo people.? You are a lair!

It is illiteracy that is worrying you. So, what Is wrong in PDP demanding 50/50 appointment. Is Obaseki not a PDP member now? How does PDP asking for 50/50 appointment affect you? Is 100% of the appointment not supposed to be met for members of PDP since Obaseki is now a PdP member? And Obaseki told you he paid 10 billion Naira for PDP to give him a ticket? How much is the entire Budget of Edo state? You think I'm a fool like you that can't reason right?

People like you and Tony Kabaka are the thugs Obaseki has removed food from their mouth and they are crying for the man not to come back.

Edo people are solidly behind Obaseki.

You know the funny thing about this election? All the video tapes of Oshiomole praising Obaseki and calling Ize-iyamu unprintable names is being played all over the state. As it stands now, Oshiomole is already campaigning for Obaseki and de-marketing Ize-iyamugrin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by BERNIMOORE: 11:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
President Buhari was said to have been disappointed that a serving APC governor could be driven to the point of leaving the party and aligning with the opposition.

So Buhari Does not see Obaseki as non performing forgery governor... But rather Diasapointed that a serving Governor was driven for opposition to grab....no Wonder he sack Oshiomole Sharp Sharp and make sure bunu was sworn it in his present .
Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
Of course they won't lose.
Lol
We all know how this charade will end.
Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Dansuqi: 11:19pm On Jun 27, 2020
Meninmen:

Edo is not Lagos.

Let me start with number two.wait,so winning by a margin of 8000 in a south south state is what you call winning hands down? What do you call buhari victory in borno,kano,zamfara? Go back yo your mastering English textbook.APC won 5 out of the 9 reps seats.gej in 2015 won edo by 80,000 votes and pdp were disappointed.don't say what you don't know.
You claim that oshiomhole rigged the assembly polls.why couldn't he rig the nass polls? Even in 2015 and 2011 polls when pdp had bigger victories in edo,APC Still cleared the assembly seats.

There arw no indices to show that majority of edolites arw with obaseki.infact from what I read online,a slight majority prefer iyamu.the electoral map still favours APC.the marching order buhari gave APC governors today sealed everything. Up apc
Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Dansuqi: 11:20pm On Jun 27, 2020
BERNIMOORE:

So Buhari Does not see Obaseki as non performing forgery governor... But rather Diasapointed that a serving Governor was driven for opposition to grab....no Wonder he sack Oshiomole Sharp Sharp and make sure bunu was sworn it in his present .

Thank goodness your eyes is clear now.obaseki has lost in advance
Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by juustine777(m): 11:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
Esseite:
Forget Edo.... it's gone, look towards Ondo, Anambra and Ekiti..

Those are closer apples except Anambra though.
you sabi the tin
Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Siberia01(m): 11:25pm On Jun 27, 2020
Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by juustine777(m): 11:25pm On Jun 27, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
Edo will be the easiest.

Ize iyamu won Edo south last time , now it will be shared between obaseki and ize iyamu because of power of incumbency.

see how u take vote for nairaland finish..... e go shock u like buhari d alwys shock
Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Jostoman: 11:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Na shocking reactions go end am as usual..

Osho baba king of rigging has been relegated.. the rest na story..

God bless PDP
God bless Obaseki/ Philip
God bless Nigeria.

grin grin grin
oshiomole the APC rigging machinery.
Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
Dansuqi:

Let me start with number two.wait,so winning by a margin of 8000 in a south south state is what you call winning hands down? What do you call buhari victory in borno,kano,zamfara? Go back yo your mastering English textbook.APC won 5 out of the 9 reps seats.gej in 2015 won edo by 80,000 votes and pdp were disappointed.don't say what you don't know.
You claim that oshiomhole rigged the assembly polls.why couldn't he rig the nass polls? Even in 2015 and 2011 polls when pdp had bigger victories in edo,APC Still cleared the assembly seats.

There arw no indices to show that majority of edolites arw with obaseki.infact from what I read online,a slight majority prefer iyamu.the electoral map still favours APC.the marching order buhari gave APC governors today sealed everything. Up apc

Mumu wants to quote me. Oshiomole couldn't rig the NASS polls because the the NASS polls came before the HOA polls. It was when it became clear to him that PDP has gained the upper hand in the federal elections that he stepped in to rig the HOA polls and he wanted to be sure to have all the HOA members on his side for easy impeachment of Obaseki but Obaseki was wise.

Ode. Talking of 80,000 votes difference between GEJ and PMB. 80,000 votes difference is enough to re-elect Obaseki.

Continue reading whatever that suits your feeling online, when it's election day, we the Edo people will come out and vote.

when it's the day of the election, you can leave your state and come to Edo to vote for Ize-iyamu or you come to the state a day to the election.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Rapmoney(m): 11:38pm On Jun 27, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
Edo will be the easiest.

Says someone who is in Ogbomosho.
Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Web2020: 11:39pm On Jun 27, 2020
Buhari was sleeping when Obaseki were being treated like an orphan in his Own party. He even came to complain to you as a father you refused to intervene until you allow things to go out of control before you wake up. I have read many books about leadership styles but I have not come across Buhari style. Okey, I understand " go slow leadership style"
Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by Dansuqi: 11:44pm On Jun 27, 2020
Meninmen:

Mumu wants to quote me. Oshiomole couldn't rig the NASS polls because the the NASS polls came before the HOA polls. It was when it became clear to him that PDP has gained the upper hand in the federal elections that he stepped in to rig the HOA polls and he wanted to be sure to have all the HOA members on his side for easy impeachment of Obaseki but Obaseki was wise.

Ode. Talking of 80,000 votes difference between GEJ and PMB. 80,000 votes difference is enough to re-elect Obaseki.

Continue reading whatever that suits your feeling online, when it's election day, we the Edo people will come out and vote.

when it's the day of the election, you can leave your state and come to Edo to vote for Ize-iyamu or you come to the state a day to the election.

Resorting to abuse means you have lost the intellectual debate.stop insulting your elders my boy.pastor will thrash ugly obaseki and I'll look for you and you will use a new moniker
Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by MarianIsy(f): 11:44pm On Jun 27, 2020
So like play like play now, Obaseki is the opposition
Re: Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition by eseosa77(m): 11:51pm On Jun 27, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
Edo will be the easiest.

It shows you are not in Ẹdo state. FG ont say what you don't know pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG, NLC Meeting On Fuel Subsidy Removal Ends In Deadlock (Video) / Buhari Snubs APC Over ‘mismanaged’ N7bn Fund. / Buhari Lied To Nigerians In His October 1 Speech – Junaid Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.