Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,925 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers (17149 Views)

Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng / AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide / Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by 2mercy: 5:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
Seaport terminal operators at the nation’s ports seem to be feeling the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on businesses following the sack of five managers by one of the terminal operators, Josepdam Ports Services (JPS), operator of Terminal A of the Tin-Can Island Port in Lagos.

Aside from being the operator of Terminal A of the Tin-Can Island Port, Josepdam also operates three berths totalling 484 meters in length, while also serving as a multipurpose terminal.

According to some affected workers of Josepdam Port Services, the port operator recently sacked three senior workers in the level of Managers while also laying off 13 junior workers who were later re-absorbed following the threat of strike action by the Maritime Workers Union of Nigeria (MWUN).

The workers who wouldn’t want their names in print explained that “JPS has sacked five senior workers. They are the Commercial Manager; Human Resource Manager; Senior Accountant; Business Development Manager and Audit Manager.

“As I speak to you now, coming to work everyday maybe the last for everyone here because the company said it had to downsize due to the harsh realities of the economy which has nosedived due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Thirteen other junior staff were also sacked on the 15th of June, 2020 but were re-instated following the intervention of the President- General of MWUN, Com. Adewale Adeyanju, who had threatened strike action if the junior workers were not re-instated.

“We are living in fear right now. While some rumours have blamed the recent sack on restructuring effort of the company, others have said it’s due to Covid-19,” a cross-section of workers at JPS told a maritime journalist at the weekend.

An effort to get the reaction of JPS proved abortive as test messages sent to the Managing Director, Simon Travers were not responded to as at the time of filing in this report.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/panic-grips-port-workers-as-operator-sacks-five-senior-managers/

Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by Decibel: 5:55pm On Jun 28, 2020
The onslaught has started. Uprooting the bourdillon boys from key 'agencies' and 'parastatals' has been activated. IDP camp awaits them grin
The affected staff are just the pawns. Wait for the real targets in the coming weeks.
Who are those running these companies? When you see this happens, major contract has been lost. Think!

8 Likes

Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by SadiqBabaSani: 6:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by SmartProf(m): 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by SmartProf(m): 7:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
When those who are working are loosing jobs, what is then the fate of those who arent? The quickest job to get in Nigeria now is ballot box snatching, but you need to have a lot of experience to be appointed. I hope the managers affected had saved up for the rainy days or had some other investments in place especially in real estate, else depression may set in and that's one of the quickest reasons to begin abusing buhari
Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by NwaNimo1(m): 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by ahiboilandgas: 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2020
Decibel:
The onslaught has started. Uprooting the bourdillon boys from key agencies and parastatals has been activated. IDP camp awaits them grin
which school you attend pls go collect your school fees

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by Decibel: 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
which school you attend pls go collect your school fees
Who is this on my mention? Are you among the recruited urchins by the looters?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by Slawormir: 8:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
Damnnnnn nigggar
Isoright
This is why i keep on bombing

Imagine one Moda fuckkker sacking a real niggarrr

Never!!!

The only work way real niggarrr fit do na federal government work!
With appointment letter and confirmation letter or rather regularisation letter
If i nor see federal government work. Then i continue my bombing

4 Likes

Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by Elslim: 8:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
Yepa
Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by Kobicove(m): 8:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
It's very difficult at this time to be either a business owner or an employee undecided

1 Like

Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by hoodedjaystrim(m): 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sacking here and there, up and down, front and back

Covid19 effects are just buhari effects albeit a very fast one
Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by Obierika(m): 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
The casualty figures from the labour market due to Covid-19 are still coming in sad

2 Likes

Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by money121(m): 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by sacajawea: 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Decibel:
The onslaught has started. Uprooting the bourdillon boys from key agencies and parastatals has been activated. IDP camp awaits them grin
The FVck are you saying?

12 Likes

Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by sacajawea: 8:48pm On Jun 28, 2020
If You have any Formal Education, and Can't envisage that a country like Nigeria would be In Hell - not the Fake "Hellfire" Preached by the Religious Ones - due to the COVID-19 situation, then your education is A Waste!
This Is just the beginning, Nigeria is Going to be hot!
The whole world is In recession na Nigeria wan Stand #yinmu Shioooor!
Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by Newtestimoni880: 8:49pm On Jun 28, 2020
Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by Alberta123: 8:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
Decibel:

Wtf...How did tinubu even enter this discussion.

Am sure he's the cause of your erectile dysfunction.

10 Likes

Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by crossfm: 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
For this covid period na him them sack person.
Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by Decibel: 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
sacajawea:

The FVck are you saying?
You will soon realized this. This sack to the affected staff is not only that staff that's targeted. Wait for the real targets
Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by Golan007: 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
Decibel:

Who is this on my mention? Are you among the recruited urchins by the looters?

You are acting like what you describe.

3 Likes

Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by Infinity988(m): 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
what can I say
Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by visijo(m): 8:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
I donated 1billion naira to FG, got broke and sacked my employees, now I'm stealing from my customers to recover. Which bank am I?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by ODJ124(m): 8:54pm On Jun 28, 2020
ooo take heart staffs.....
Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by Compassion1: 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by ndidibabe(f): 8:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
visijo:
I donated 1billion naira to FG, got broke and sacked my employees, now I'm stealing from my customers to recover. Which bank am I?
1 billion naira is not enough for Access Bank to pay salary for three months....Think!

2 Likes

Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by Zico5(m): 8:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
May God save us from this useless government. Nigeria is in comatose.
Re: Josepdam Ports Services Sacks 5 Senior Managers by visijo(m): 9:01pm On Jun 28, 2020
ndidibabe:
1 billion naira is not enough for Access Bank to pay salary for three months....Think!
grin na you mention name o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Masters In Engineering Or Professional Certification In Engineering / How lucrative are IT courses? / PHCN Worker Electrocuted At Alagbaka, Akure, Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.