Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,774 members, 7,837,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying (8664 Views)

GEJ's Achievements: Aganga, Iweala, Nebo, Adesina & Madueke Give Accounts / Nigeria's Gdp Growth Among World's Best In 2010, Says Aganga / Atiku Has Poor Knowledge Of Economy, Says Aganga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by Obiagu1(m): 12:55am On Feb 04, 2011
Hon. Minister sir, while I should languish in jail for laying the foundation for a new financial system and for largely saving the economy from the global crisis, you should be celebrated for making it into the Guinness Book of records on many fronts, three notable ones being: (1) You assumed office when oil price was about $75 per barrel and external reserves stood at about $42 billion: within 9 months you have earned a world record as the Head of an Economic Management Team (EMT) that lost about $10 billion in foreign reserves at a time of unprecedented export boom, with oil price now over $90 per barrel;

(2) While the EMT I belonged to got Nigeria debt relief, you will get the world record as the Finance Minister who had the fastest rate of debt accumulation in Nigeria’s history, even at a time of oil boom and presented a budget where not a kobo of oil revenue is spent on infrastructure, power, etc but 114% of revenue spent on consumption; and

(3) as head of the Economic Team when literally all international ratings for Nigeria worsened, even worse than during the global crisis of 2008 and 2009, and for the first time in several years, the outlook for the economy is adjudged NEGATIVE, with FDI collapsing (a clear indication of loss of confidence by international investors), etc. Congrats Hon. Minister on these world records!
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by Obiagu1(m): 1:04am On Feb 04, 2011
Please everyone, before you post, reread Soludo's response. I think Nigeria is in a state of uncertainty now that we have Aganga at the head. God save us all!
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by Obiagu1(m): 1:07am On Feb 04, 2011
Hon. Minister, what pains me the most is that our worst performance in any year is still better than your best performance. Nigeria should be going forward, not backwards!
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by Obiagu1(m): 1:16am On Feb 04, 2011
Hon. Minister sir, I NEVER EVER said that the Nigerian economy or the banking/financial system was “immune” or “insulated” from the global crisis. Aside from the usual sensational headlines of some newspapers (designed to sell their newspapers) and of course some misrepresentations by some commentators, the records show that I was the most vocal public official in articulating the nature and causes of the crisis and the consequences for the Nigerian economy as well as the remedial actions. Disprove this point if you can, Hon. Minister! When a section of the media tried to insinuate that my assurances that we would survive the crisis meant that Nigeria was ‘insulated’ from the crisis, I issued clarifications (as advertorial) through my Special Assistant (media) in early 2009.

So what was the basis for the acusation levelled against Soludo?
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by RoadStar: 2:39am On Feb 04, 2011
Obiagu1:

So what was the basis for the acusation levelled against Soludo?
But it is regretable that a finance minister quotes pepper seller and beer parlour stories.
Do you see how so many people can be so wrong ?
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by RoadStar: 2:44am On Feb 04, 2011

Hon. Minister, or are you embarrassed to learn that even the AMCON you taunt as the ‘saviour of the banks’ happens to be one of Soludo’s initiatives?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I NO KNOW O !. Habaaaaaa SANUSI !

In the same public presentation, I outlined to stakeholders steps we had taken to tighten and strengthen regulation and supervision of the banks as follows:

• Greater emphasis on enforcement of Code of Corporate Governance
• Resident Examiners have been deployed to banks since January 2009
• Standby teams of target examiners being deployed to any bank at any time to ensure timely regulatory actions if necessary
• Review of Contingency Planning Framework for Systemic Distress in Banks
• Introduction of Credit Bureau
• Advice to banks on risk management—-call for extra conservatism during time of crisis—- capital conservation, cost minimization, de-emphasis on size, salaries/bonuses, among others.
• Strengthening of institutional coordination through the Financial Sector Regulatory Coordinating Committee (FSRCC)
• Greater emphasis on e-FASS as a tool for banks’ returns analysis for speedy identification of early warning signals
• Consolidated Supervision and Risk Based Supervision have been adopted and arrangements are being made to migrate from the current fragmented sub-sectoral supervision to all-inclusive financial sector supervision
• All banks are to be examined in 2009 by consolidated teams of CBN, NDIC, SEC, NAICOM
Adoption of common accounting year end for all banks with effect from end-Dec. 2009, aimed at improving data integrity and comparability
• Adoption of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Review of BOFIA to strengthen regulatory capacity .

I think we all including Mr Aganga have been greatly misinformed by the present CBN management .
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by Muza(m): 3:27am On Feb 04, 2011
or both
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by owobokiri(m): 11:07am On Feb 04, 2011
If Aganga will learn to keep quiet, things will be fine for him and his bosses outside of the country. The problem starts to rear their ugly heads when he opens his mouth. That is when he starts to come off as empty and totally bereft of ideas to save the Nigerian economy.
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by scorpio1(m): 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2011
Without Soludo's radical bank consolidation Ideas, we wouldn't be where we are today in the Banking Sector, SOLUDO is A Genius and a blessed gift to this country if we can appreciate his worth and use him well,
If Aganga wants to join issues, i would prefer a live TV debate, It's gonna be Awesome!
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by honeric01(m): 6:37pm On Feb 04, 2011
scorpio1:

Without Soludo's radical bank consolidation Ideas, we wouldn't be where we are today in the Banking Sector, SOLUDO is A Genius and a blessed gift to this country if we can appreciate his worth and use him well,
If Aganga wants to join issues, i would prefer a live TV debate, It's gonna be Awesome!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by ikeyman00(m): 9:00pm On Feb 04, 2011
and we say

Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying  on: February 02, 2011, 11:28 PM 
@@@@@

with all the question raised in the article right for a man that meant to be serving his people this is the time to show it; thats if he is really there for the betterment and welfare of Nigerians

and all we get from Jonthan Governmernt is Aganaga saying he's got better thing to worry about

chinekeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  hell nooooooooooooooooo what a country

and for yall record for naija to move forward we all have a collective role to play; it isnt enough posting in nl

now this is where nigerian new papers get on my nerve; they shouldn't be letting these b astards off the hook just like that; no need to galvanise in abuja sq just like the Egptians; these little things can move mountain

like solodu said with high rocketing oil price our reserve still goes rapidly drains up by the day   

and this is the man we want; well yes i want him but he need to work in the right way on the right track

If he claim to represent well for Nigerians then he should lead the way as he isnt doing it; if he claim to bring change he should lead the way; he should afford a time to defend issuses cuz if oyibo call us monkie we go vex

imagine this happens here in Uk; u can imagine all the government force defending issues all over the network

beaf your jon is begining to annoy me ooooooo

and i must say like the way u avoid indicting thread like this one

cuz u got absolutely nothing to say and u know it !!!!! period ANGRY

Aganga must come out to tell us the state of the economy this is serious

this isnt about fall out anymore; this is about Nigeria
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by cheikh: 4:32am On Feb 05, 2011
Kilode?!
I wish we can force them to debate for 12 hours with only two pure-water breaks, that will be so worth the amount we pay them for all those extra allowances.

@Kilode?!

Haba!! shocked 12hrs with only two pure-water breaks? grin
No Agege bread or groundnuts for snacks while they bamboozle us with their sophistry grin?
You cannot be that hard hearted not to allow them such small 'chops' for 'reinforcement'
They're not accustomed to very long hours of 'intellectual rigour' as you'll be forcing them to do something out of the ordinary.
Perhaps, Pure-water sachets cheesy might be the antidote wink to their general lack of awareness and sensitivity to the Nigerian condition.
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by awardeez: 2:10am On Feb 13, 2011
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5388690-146/Chukwuma_Soludo_is_living_large_.csp

Chukwuma Soludo is living large

[b]Three years ago the Central Bank governor, Chukwuma Soludo, installed his wife, Nonye, and their two children in a mansion bought for half a billion naira in the tony London suburb of Brondesbury Park.

One of their two children is enrolled at Ampleforth College, an elite parochial school known as “the Catholic Eton,” and where the Central Bank governor pays an annual fee of £25,000 for this privilege— roughly half his annual salary. The other child attends a similarly expensive public school— which in Britain actually means private school— so that in theory Mr. Soludo’s entire earnings of about N12 million a year hardly covers his children’s school fees.

Since he was appointed by former President Olusegun Obasanjo to his current position five years ago, Mr. Soludo, who was a university lecturer before joining the Obasanjo administration, has demonstrated a taste for high living, travelling in convoys of as many as seven vehicles, impeccably and expensively dressed in bespoke suits and heirloom watches, and generally enjoying a lifestyle that cannot be afforded by anyone earning about N1 million a month.

The mansion occupied by his family in the exclusive London suburb is registered to Universal Energy Limited, an offshore company controlled by Emmanuel Ojei, the flamboyant tycoon with many business interests, including oil and gas.

It is not clear under what arrangement the Soludos live in this £2.1 million home; Mr. Soludo is not telling us. He has spent the past three weeks avoiding us and made promises to answer our questions that he has not kept, hoping that we will simply go away.[/b]
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by tramadol17: 2:02pm On May 22, 2011
nice post

thanks for the posting but When man is in a state of knowledge? When man is in a state of ignorance? Knowledge and ignorance cannot be the same thing.

regards,
$hady,
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by nwabobo: 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2011
Did Aganga finally agree to the TV debate as proposed by Soludo?

Just being curious since I've not been following developments on this.
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by rhymz(m): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2011
nwabobo:

he won't dare his guts na, he knows Soludo is no Sanusi, the man knows his onions like the back of his hands, taking up such a challenge will be tantamount to an an try to square shoulders with an elephant, somethings just have to slide! His response was that a minister was too busy to engage in such an unneccessary fisticuf-hahahah-he knew better than to overflog the issue. Soludo was not just talking to him but to Sanusi as well cos as at that time, they were in the habit of making remarks that put him, Soludo in bad light when it was beginig to show that the duo were not aby better than their much maligned predeccessor . I think they learnt to shut uo after that.
nwabobo:

he won't dare his guts na, he knows Soludo is no Sanusi, the man knows his onions like the back of his hands, taking up such a challenge will be tantamount to an an try to square shoulders with an elephant, somethings just have to slide! His response was that a minister was too busy to engage in such an unneccessary fisticuf-hahahah-he knew better than to overflog the issue. Soludo was not just talking to him but to Sanusi as well cos as at that time, they were in the habit of making remarks that put him, Soludo in bad light when it was beginig to show that the duo were not aby better than their much maligned predeccessor . I think they learnt to shut uo after that.
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by djustice: 8:27pm On Aug 08, 2011
nwabobo:

Aganga ke The forehead of an Elephant is not a child's toy.

Aganga is a fraud, and I thought that would be obvious from the way he mismanaged the economy and failed to produce a balanced or sensible budget for us. Is it the phoneh that he speaks that translates to knowledge?

Give me Soludo ANYDAY over this clueless bag-man. Yes, that's what he is. He's just here to help the corrupt hide their money, and his pallyness with Bola Tinubu gave him away on that one.

That's the reason only Tinubu's rag, The Nation, published his useless rant. They've been chums for some time, and Tinubu helped him with his senate screening by ordering his wife and the other Lagos State senators not to ask him any questions.
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by Metalgoong(m): 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2011
Aganga is no match for Soludo . . . . Imagine, comparing Aganga, a biology and theology degree holder with Soludo, an erudite professor of economics.
Re: Soludo Says Aganga Is Either Ignorant Or Lying by gidson12(m): 8:12am On Aug 09, 2011
^^^lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

R-A-P-E! On Tape In Aso Rock- Jonathan Covers Up The Scandal / Apc And Lies,obanikoro Won / Ebonyi PDP Primary: INEC Report Affirms Chukwuma-Odii As Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.