Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Ladies Set Ur Standards - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Set Ur Standards (6771 Views)

MEN!! Stop Being Easy And Cheap For This Wh0res!! Have Standards!! [photos] / Are Her Standards Too High? / Nigerian Girls And Their Low Standards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Liliantalks: 8:42am On Jul 01, 2020
InfinityFabric:

I'm 101% sure u don't.

There's a difference between father and father figure. There's a reason I mentioned the last part, and there's a reason u goofed.

U don goofed m8.

Bitterness towards men, sounds familiar!

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1278043385685737481/pu/vid/320x568/70kidyTemXvRODml.mp4?tag=10
smh
Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Liliantalks: 8:44am On Jul 01, 2020
jelraj:

Whatever works for you sis..
Remember no preference for life.. I pray you meet your standard b4 your clock starts thinking. Lemme guess you are still young and have age on your side..

Let's see what you will say when you clock 35 still searching for the standard you set for yourself.. Of course marriage is not for everybody and you can always be happy without it.
Life no go shame us
exactly
Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Eberechi24(f): 8:48am On Jul 01, 2020
Liliantalks:
In my life I hardly met a man who isn’t stingy , the ones i think ain’t that stingy still hv stingy ideology, it has been me and Mum taking care of ourselves, while girls had the luxury from many men, I was taking care of me. No boyfriends help , no nothing , all my phones I bought by myself or the little help from my mum, mean while I was dating some scumbags with false promises.

This shouldn't be an issue na. If you have the means to pamper yourself, do it without waiting on anybody.

Life is short, don't make it shorter by depriving yourself of goodies in hope of a man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Liliantalks: 9:30am On Jul 01, 2020
Eberechi24:

This shouldn't be an issue na. If you have the means to pamper yourself, do it without waiting on anybody.

Life is short, don't make it shorter by depriving yourself of goodies in hope of a man.
never !! But Just annoying and sad sometimes
Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by James4bright(m): 9:51am On Jul 01, 2020
Liliantalks:
u are very funny for that statement, like u are more sensible than many Nigerian women out there , or more sensible than men who marry Nigerian women , if u want to marry a foreign woman please do , but that Nigerian women are not smart because u don’t hv money to give them or whatever ur thought might be , throw that to the bin .

Why do you think the rate of divorce in Nigerian keeps skyrocketing? So many men aren't happily married. I can tell you a lot, but it's unnecessary.

Though, there are some good and bright women but they only make 25% of the populace. The rest are just empty headed people walking with wevon.

Let me teach you something, anyone who uses the word "stingy" a lot is a chronic beggar and a lazy mofo.

If you don't spend so much time begging, you won't even know who is stingy or not. Double your hustle barbie, don't be a pain in a man's ass.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:31am On Jul 01, 2020
ModestGal:

And it eases labour, there was a colleague of mine as well that actually gave birth within 10minutes because she does all these exercises.
Many women that are very active during pregnancy usually experience shorter labour
Not true

1 Like

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:43am On Jul 01, 2020
James4bright:

Heavy pregnant women work out. I saw a video of a woman who was about to give birth that day, she tried as much as possible to do some little dance exercise that day. Her delivery was safe and perfect.

Those girls are just unproductive.
This comment is ignorant. That video is one woman out of millions, she was most likely in her early 20s.

Have you heard of a high risk pregnancy before?

Is that the kind of woman you want to jump upandan?

Yes, exercise. It is good.But Each pregnancy is different. Do you know that some women spend pregnancies in and out of hospital? Some are told to be on bed rest throughout the pregnancy because the hospital is safer than her house.

Don't let a heavily pregnant woman do strenuous work (mental or physical) believing that she will give birth like Hebrew women. She will bleed to death in a TBA's shop trying to flex muscles.

Encouraging that false narrative is dangerous. I can create a whole thread on things that can go wrong with a pregnancy. Pregnancy and all associated with it is what kills women the most. Don't take it for granted.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by nahzyla: 11:20am On Jul 01, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
This comment is ignorant. That video is one woman out of millions, she was most likely in her early 20s.

Yes, exercise. It is good.But Each pregnancy is different. Do you know that some women spend pregnancies in and out of hospital? Some are told to be on bed rest throughout the pregnancy because the hospital is safer than her house.

Don't let a heavily pregnant woman do strenuous work (mental or physical) believing that she will give birth like Hebrew women. She will bleed to death in a TBA's shop trying to flex muscles.

Encouraging that false narrative is dangerous. I can create a whole thread on things that can go wrong with a pregnancy. Pregnancy and all associated with it is what kills women the most. Don't take it for granted.
Are you a doctor in real life? Because you made sense in this topic. I had a high risk pregnancy before and my doctor expressly forbade me from working or engaging in any form of stress
I am just 30 years old, I am not even middle aged. I developed high blood pressure because of stress and I had to be placed on admission in two different hospitals.

Anybody saying pregnant women should always work is nothing but a fool.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 01, 2020
Godoverevery:

It very easy to know frustrated ladies.......am a man and I can tell you for a fact...if you are worth it a man will definitely spend on you.
You are looking for a guy who will spend is hard earn money on you while you stay at home browsing all day.....
This the reason why I stay away from ladies raised by single mother.... most are always kinda Bleep upstairs.... Get a job and buy the things you want and stop crying over someone else money...no man owe you any shit apart from your husband.

in between they are stingy to you because you have no value and you only have your pussy to offer....
#men say no leeches#
who b this
Alaye,go have a sit please if u don't know what to comment.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by dederocs(m): 11:37am On Jul 01, 2020
What is your level, men have standards too...no upward mobile man will respect a parasitic lady, i guess you attract your level/standard undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 01, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
What you girls don't know is that there's nothing that can be compared to self independent let's leave all this my boyfriend didn't buy me this he didn't buy me that when you get married who will cater for your parents is it your husband too?
Come to think of it for instance you as a woman you want to get something for your parents and you ask your husband for it even it will sound somehow while saying it or maybe he even told you he don't have money now so you will wait until when he have money
But when you yourself is well ok you will do what you want any given time
I don't know why you girls keep having this entitlement mentally you all want a rich man for marriage over 60% of some of you will marry a poor man so tell me in that type of marriage How will you cope when you don't have any concrete source of income
you're making sense for the very first time.
I thought you were so stupid and blunt..from that shit you split on my thread.
So you can be this reasonable?

1 Like

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 01, 2020
Preshieben:
you're making sense for the very first time.
I thought you were so stupid and blunt..from that shit you split on my thread.
So you can be this reasonable?
Don't worry dear I'll spare you today I'll keep my para for another day

1 Like

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 01, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Don't worry dear I'll spare you today I'll keep my para for another day
Para for who?
You're supposed to say thank you see for complementing you. undecided
Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Godoverevery: 11:58am On Jul 01, 2020
Preshieben:
who b this
Alaye,go have a sit please if u don't know what to comment.
Someone who is sensible and more intelligent than you.....Stop been a disgrace to your family.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2020
Preshieben:
Para for who?
You're supposed to say thank you see for complementing you. undecided
So you call that complementing
This is how you girls pull someone's leg
If someone block you on WhatsApp you vent your aggression on him not me angry

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Liliantalks: 3:25pm On Jul 01, 2020
James4bright:

Why do you think the rate of divorce in Nigerian keeps skyrocketing? So many men aren't happily married. I can tell you a lot, but it's unnecessary.

Though, there are some good and bright women but they only make 25% of the populace. The rest are just empty headed people walking with wevon.

Let me teach you something, anyone who uses the word "stingy" a lot is a chronic beggar and a lazy mofo.

If you don't spend so much time begging, you won't even know who is stingy or not. Double your hustle barbie, don't be a pain in a man's ass.

approved by stingy men
Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Eberechi24(f): 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2020
Liliantalks:
never !! But Just annoying and sad sometimes

Go through this thread, Read the ending paragraphs slowly. I hope you will grab something from it.
Broke and wealth men can chose to be good or scum. It's a matter of choice and it's not written on fore head.

Pray you don't meet this type below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2984609/heart-belongs-highest-bidder-dont

1 Like

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2020
Godoverevery:

Someone who is sensible and more intelligent than you.....Stop been a disgrace to your family.
grin
The question now is
Are you too intelligent?
That comment isn't from an intelligent person please
Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Priam: 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:

FunmisticQueen, are you back on NL?
Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Meedass(m): 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2020
Liliantalks:
In my life I hardly met a man who isn’t stingy , the ones i think ain’t that stingy still hv stingy ideology, it has been me and Mum taking care of ourselves, while girls had the luxury from many men, I was taking care of me. No boyfriends help , no nothing , all my phones I bought by myself or the little help from my mum, mean while I was dating some scumbags with false promises.

I hv come to the realization I don’t hv standards when it comes to men, it was always about love, Rubbish !! Mind you : I hustle and got my Mum so I lack nothing and hv all that’s required of an adult. So I am not broke . I realized when u set ur standards on the Man U want physically , financially and otherwise and stand by it , u met better options .
true but you talk with an angered heart.. Purge yourself first, else when you meet the man that matches your standard, you may not match his�

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Liliantalks: 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2020
Meedass:
true but you talk with an angered heart.. Purge yourself first, else when you meet the man that matches your standard, you may not match his�
hush I am not angered.
Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by tunjilana: 6:33pm On Jul 14, 2020
I even tot u wanted to say u are the one taking care of your boyfriend

So taking care of your own self is now an issue tHt u must blame a man for

If u not get man, u no go take care of yourself?

Really low mentality. If u set one fake standard based on this your reasoning, you will just be meeting men that see u as pay-as-u-use and who will dump u once done

1 Like

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2020
CHoccolaTE:
Reading through this thread I realised that there is too much poverty in Nigeria and many of these nairaland boys are just poor and struggling that's why they get touchy and agitated anytime girls say they cannot be with broke guys.
Deep down in your hearts you men know that Nigerian traditional marriage roles and even religious laws mandated husbands to be providers for both their wives and children but because you are poor or too lazy to work, you want to make it seem like a woman should be the one feeding you.

Me myself I am realistic oo, I know the country I live in and the mentality of the people in it.
I know that Nigerian men are very egotistic and they do not see women as equal to them
And they expect submission and obedience from their wives.

You men cannot expect the same women that you lead and give orders to on a regular basis to also be the ones providing for you or feeding you and then still be the ones primarily responsible for taking care of cooking, children, cleaning etc.

If your sisters or daughters bring such a man to you and asks if she can marry him you will never agree because you know how unfair the entire situation will be to her.

Personally I wish Nigerian marriages had more of companionship and equality with both partners contributing to home life and breadwinning but in reality that is not the case because men in Nigeria are raised to believe that women should submit and obey them and are inferior to them.
The way you people use the word 'broke' complicates the whole thing; hence the reaction from the male folks.
Although you'd say it is a problem of perception, but I see the damage such narrative is doing to this generation of men (psychologically and emotionally); such that most of them are now afraid to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY ; those that do, do so to PROVE A POINT. In the end, family life (rich or poor) will get more damaged, and the society won't be better for it.
It is our attempt to supposedly prove that we're what we're not, so that others will believe we aren't what we are; that will be the bane of us all. It's now a cycle of abuse, mistrust and entitlement for both gender.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by GeneralPula: 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2020
MedicH:
Let me talk about financial standards. You all want a man that will be extravagant, throw parties, buy all the buyables and all that. A man that earns a lot of money and has a lot of money and also willing to spend a lot of money while u lots, well nothing really to write home about. Things is there are only 3 categories of men that can do that at boyfriend level.

Men with no sense of responsibility to self and to family.

Men with ill gotten wealth

Men with inherited wealth.

The standard of men Nigerian women want therefore becomes stupid men, thieves and scammers, and men from wealthy, not even rich homes. That's it.

Ask your self, how many of these men are in Nigeria? Wake the fvck up.

Naso..

Women do rush them like how ant dey rush Sugar..
Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by GeneralPula: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
ModestGal:

Well, money is not constant, some people are poor that never planned to be poor. Some people could have injuries that could prevent them from so and so. I don't discriminate people due to money, but the first preference from a man is looks, others follow. Because the Children MATTER MOST. A rich man could decide not to give you money again, we've seen such stories, some good men change, some men pretend to be good and later turn stingy, different stories.
But for children, they would always be yours and would always love you and you won't ever be replaceable in their heart and if you are lucky to have a rich guy, then it would be an added advantage

I admire your reasoning.. cool
Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2020
ModestGal:

As in ehn bros, I was stupid o, I think say na better people I dey reply their mention. Na she/he/it open thread, na she dey use another monicker dey mention herself, I never checked the profile, but henceforth, I would make sure I check profile before replying any mention. It is well
KAI!!! THIS GIRL, I JUST LOOOOOVVEEEE YOUUUUUU!! LIKE MAD! BUt you even had time to be wasting good knowlege on dumb-brains who won't still take correction!
When u corrected her and she couldn't reply with a good enough point she resorted to call you a FOOL and other names thar were uncaled for. You never insulted either one of them, mind you! You were setting off their trigger buttons. I couldn't help but keep reading every comments in order to see where those two parasitic, high-minded, aggressive, pained, entitled ladies will FAULT you with justified counter comments ,but I saw NONE! They have lost this one totally and you are the winner, jareh. You are intelligent, dogged, precised and unappologetic about your truth. Those two might end up with the wrong men if they do not change their mentalities and boss-up by being independent "boss-ladies" They think it is about makeup and slaying that makes a man respect and value a woman. Men are trickish oh, and they know what they want to get from a lady even before she gets to leech on them. Men want brilliant women like u, and not cunny, manupiltive women who think they are brilliant. There is a difference.
Enough said! I still love you ma'am!! God bless you mightyfully. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by razible5384(m): 4:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
Liposure:
yeh
are you this mentally slow that u can't contribute anything to the discourse rather that making incoherent monosyllables
Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by razible5384(m): 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
efosky1246:

Just stop being stupid.

There is nothing wrong in seeking out a man that is financially stable when going into a long-term relationship. It's not in anyway tantamount to golddigging or leeching as you seem to believe.

Even when you have your own income. Your man should be a pillar of strength.a fortress that you can rely on. in your lowest moment. There is no better feeling than knowing that your man's got your back in all ramifications.

Women are the most vulnerable in a marriage, and it's only common sense that you make sure to secure the best safety net you can attract. There is nothing wrong with it!! angry

A man brings structure, stability into a relationship, without seeking for this in a man, you're doing yourself and your unborn children a great disservice.

I don't know if it's your lived experiences that is making you feel like this. But no woman should be keen on being a work mule when in a relationship. You deserve better than you think
how you guys resort to names calling an tantrums rather than passing your message across in a civil way baffles me..

The person u quoted is preaching on total financial dependency in marriage an you call her stupid
Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by razible5384(m): 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2020
Liliantalks:
so it’s not an achievement to feed myself when people can’t provide two square meals , talk about shelter and cloths. Lol other women seting their standards for men are most times achieving it , if the fact I said that’s the woman I want to be , hurt ur feelings. Then I Am sorry... call me whatever u please . I stand by my words
ur a very pathetic hypocrite.... Bringing the less privilege that can't have three square meals a day as a face saving tactics.... Keep relying a man's money as ur insurance policy to escape poverty...... Funny enough, folks like you, God hardly answers your prayers cos nobody owes u anything

1 Like

Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2020
Liliantalks:

I hv come to the realization I don’t hv standards when it comes to men, it was always about love, Rubbish !! Mind you : I hustle and got my Mum so I lack nothing and hv all that’s required of an adult. So I am not broke . I realized when u set ur standards on the Man U want physically , financially and otherwise and stand by it , u met better options .
Do U Expect A Guy To Do All Dis U Mentioned 4 U? What Are Ur Standards?
Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by Liposure: 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2020
razible5384:
are you this mentally slow that u can't contribute anything to the discourse rather that making incoherent monosyllables
its you that dont understand sarcasm
Re: Ladies Set Ur Standards by durasome(m): 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2020
iron lady.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

She Won' T Have Sex With Me / Is He The Most Handsome Guy On Nairaland ?? / Love Big Ass In Tight Dresses? Get In Here. (guys Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.