Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants (14157 Views)

7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Bacchus/dionysus The Demon Of Wine&the Corruption Of God's Servants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by TundeKorede: 8:54am On Jul 05, 2020
TELL IT NOT IN GATH, PUBLISH IT NOT in the streets of Askelon; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice; lest the daughters of the uncircumcised triumph.
2 Samuel 1:20 (Emphasis’ mine)

Sequel to an ignominious death of Saul, in the hands of the uncircumcised Philistines, David maintained in his lament that a torrent of abuse should not be published about his embarrassing death.

Worthy of mention is the fact that, Saul made himself an obtrusive enemy to David whilst he was alive.

Yet David would not permit the Israelites to share the news of his shameful death in such a way that the uncircumcised Philistines would hear it and rejoice.

Needless to say, we can liken the Philistines to unbelievers, while the Israelites represent the believers of the present world.

Nowadays, believers publicly spread the news of the errors of God’s servants (even fathers of faith are not spared) with no pang of remorse.

In fact, it seems we now take delight in looking for news that are demeaning to the Body of Christ in order to share them on our social media accounts. In addition, we pounce on negative news like Piranhas.

Sadly, there are pastors who publicly ridicule and speak disparagingly about their fellow ministers who are in error, forgetting that all humans are fallible.

Hence, we expose the Body of Christ to a whole series of attacks, ridicule, and vituperation from unbelievers through our unwise disposition towards Men of God.

However, much as I denounce the idea of spreading the news of the downfall/errors of ministers of God, I wouldn’t take sides with them on the atrocities they have committed. Bishop Oyedepo once stated that, ‘‘Sin is sin no matter who is sinning.’‘ I support this truth.

Nonetheless, it is tomfoolery to assume that God’s servants are infallible. The reason why many of us are taken by surprise is that we expect too much from them.

Listen, no man is infallible! Samson fell, Saul fell, Judas fell, even Peter would have fallen beyond restoration if not for the grace of God. May God keep us from falling till the end.

Love does not take delight in sharing evil but rejoices at the truth (1 Cor 13:6). Love protects! So, protect the ministries of other believers. Do not expose them to danger and assaults.

Therefore, walk in love. If we walk in love, the restoration of those who seemed to have fallen will be of concern to us, rather than their total fall or destruction.

Let’s follow this priceless injunction of the Scriptures in Galatians 6:1, which says;

”Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such as one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.”

Speak to them and if you cannot speak to them, pray for them. Let the restoration of every fallen minister be paramount to you and not their destruction.

May the Lord keep us till the end.

Please, use the comment section to express your thought below.

Thank you for reading!

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/why-you-should-stop-publicizing-the-errors-of-gods-servants/

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Chris525: 9:09am On Jul 05, 2020
Evil thrives when good people dont speak up.

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by StrikeBack(m): 9:15am On Jul 05, 2020
Kindly edit it from the Bible

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Buliwyf: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2020
If some of these Christians today where Jews when Jesus was criticizing the Pharisees, they would have joined in trying to harm Jesus. These guys see their pastors as people that should not be corrected or criticized in any way. They are the Christian equivalent of the Taliban.

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by GavelSlam: 9:26am On Jul 05, 2020
Because they bear the appellation "Pastor" , "Apostle", " Bishop" means they are God's servants right?

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 05, 2020
"TELL IT NOT IN GATH, PUBLISH IT NOT in the streets of Askelon; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice; lest the daughters of the uncircumcised triumph."

So where's the spirituality in that verse of the bible? Does it have anything to do with salvation?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by ILoveDemMANNA: 10:20am On Oct 25, 2020
Seconded.
For the fake and evil self acclaimed Men of God parading themselves as real men of God.
God says it in the Bible that he will deal with them personally, that we should not abuse them.
I hope someone learns something from this.
Peace out.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by IamPlato(m): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2020
God's servants?

Where are they exactly?

Is it the ones who helped Put Nigeria in this mess?

We don't need to criticize them because their errors are too obvious and funny enough many of them are not known by God...

By the way, there's is a solution and way forward for the youths now, I have a tactic or tactics based on a solution offer on Instagram by a man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_B2h_-aPaU

Just listen to it

No time to wait people...

I am just doing God's work... I choose to save the youths life than waste it or allow it be wasted by these men who are cans of worm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by ednut1(m): 10:21am On Oct 25, 2020
Religion needs to be eradicated. Imagine saying they should not be exposed. Smh. I hope when one of them rapes your daughter in the name of deliverance you will have same view

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by shugaboy6102(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2020
Anybody exposing the unclothedness of a man of God must do it with wisdom. He may curse you for bringing shame on his calling and he would quickly repent but you will suffer the consequences. That was what one of the sons of Noah did that attracted curse upon his life but the other two looked away and covered it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Itzstarboi(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2020
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by dangotesmummy: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Dliquidmetal(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2020
Yeye dey smell,only God know his servant sha. I dont believe in 99.9% of this so called gods of men l undecidedyoud be amazed by what some of them do in private.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by stanliwise(m): 10:23am On Oct 25, 2020
[s]
TundeKorede:
TELL IT NOT IN GATH, PUBLISH IT NOT in the streets of Askelon; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice; lest the daughters of the uncircumcised triumph.

Sequel to an ignominious death of Saul, in the hands of the uncircumcised Philistines, David maintained in his lament that a torrent of abuse should not be published about his embarrassing death.

Worthy of mention is the fact that, Saul made himself an obtrusive enemy to David whilst he was alive.

Yet David would not permit the Israelites to share the news of his shameful death in such a way that the uncircumcised Philistines would hear it and rejoice.

Needless to say, we can liken the Philistines to unbelievers, while the Israelites represent the believers of the present world.

Nowadays, believers publicly spread the news of the errors of God’s servants (even fathers of faith are not spared) with no pang of remorse.

In fact, it seems we now take delight in looking for news that are demeaning to the Body of Christ in order to share them on our social media accounts. In addition, we pounce on negative news like Piranhas.

Sadly, there are pastors who publicly ridicule and speak disparagingly about their fellow ministers who are in error, forgetting that all humans are fallible.

Hence, we expose the Body of Christ to a whole series of attacks, ridicule, and vituperation from unbelievers through our unwise disposition towards Men of God.

However, much as I denounce the idea of spreading the news of the downfall/errors of ministers of God, I wouldn’t take sides with them on the atrocities they have committed. Bishop Oyedepo once stated that, ‘‘Sin is sin no matter who is sinning.’‘ I support this truth.

Nonetheless, it is tomfoolery to assume that God’s servants are infallible. The reason why many of us are taken by surprise is that we expect too much from them.

Listen, no man is infallible! Samson fell, Saul fell, Judas fell, even Peter would have fallen beyond restoration if not for the grace of God. May God keep us from falling till the end.

Love does not take delight in sharing evil but rejoices at the truth (1 Cor 13:6). Love protects! So, protect the ministries of other believers. Do not expose them to danger and assaults.

Therefore, walk in love. If we walk in love, the restoration of those who seemed to have fallen will be of concern to us, rather than their total fall or destruction.

Let’s follow this priceless injunction of the Scriptures in Galatians 6:1, which says;

”Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such as one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.”

Speak to them and if you cannot speak to them, pray for them. Let the restoration of every fallen minister be paramount to you and not their destruction.

Thank you for reading!

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/why-you-should-stop-publicizing-the-errors-of-gods-servants/
[/s]

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by gaventa: 10:23am On Oct 25, 2020
How do we know Gods Servant? I could leave my house for another state and start a church , does that make me a “Gods Servant”

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by chipet67(m): 10:23am On Oct 25, 2020
This wan na mumu talk.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by mysteriousD: 10:23am On Oct 25, 2020
TundeKorede:

Thank you for reading!

Evil thrives when good people dont speak up. Please check yourself for Stockholm syndrome and misinterpretation of the bible .
Thanks

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by omojesu202(m): 10:23am On Oct 25, 2020
this is for Frz
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by chipet67(m): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2020
[s]
TundeKorede:

Thank you for reading!

[/s]

Nonsense talk

15 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by IamRichards: 10:24am On Oct 25, 2020
Okay
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by tamdun: 10:24am On Oct 25, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by SeriouslySense(m): 10:24am On Oct 25, 2020
Regardless, they must be exposed, fear only God, not men.
shugaboy6102:
Anybody exposing the unclothedness of a man of God must do it with wisdom. He may curse you for bringing shame on his calling and he would quickly repent but you will suffer the consequences. That was what one of the sons of Noah did that attracted curse upon his life but the other two looked away and covered it.

7 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by seunoj: 10:24am On Oct 25, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
Seconded.
For the fake and evil self acclaimed Men of God parading themselves as real men of God.
God says it in the Bible that he will deal with them personally, that we should not abuse them.
I hope someone learns something from this.
Peace out.

No time.
Let the dealing start now.
U can't come to preach love ur neighbors as yourself in church today and you are seen to be part of the team that is creating hardship for pple and institutionalizing corruption the next day.
I can't keep quiet o

7 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by money121(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2020
Ok
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by sigiyaya(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2020
TundeKorede:

Thank you for reading!

You and your men of God are all idiots!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Elsueno: 10:25am On Oct 25, 2020
Always SPEAK the TRUTH, Be critical and correct when necessary. Otherwise ur knowledge is USELESS. whoever is wrong, correct him, BEFORE HE LEADS OTHERS ON THE WRONG PATH

14 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by VEXT: 10:25am On Oct 25, 2020
This act is more common among southern Christians youth on social media ,hardly will you see a northern Christian behave that way...

3 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by stanliwise(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2020
shugaboy6102:
Where did this curse theory comes from for God sake?
You mean speaking about the wrong Men who proclaim to be of God did will bring curses to those who made it public?
Meaning in other words I am safer if I don’t expose men of God misdeed?

7 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by wunmi590(m): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2020
undecided

This is the worst write up I have ever read on nairaland, what kind of write up is this?

I'm a Christian and a believer of God, but this write up is nothing to write home about.

So you mean like we normally see how some people who called themselves men of God sleep with members should not be publicized or should not graze the social media?

I'm very sure that if you are a pastor, you will do more evil than most of all these pastors, so we should always cover their evil ways, so that other real men of God can fall into same temptation.

Please delete this write up.

9 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 25, 2020
You are the cancer of our civilization.
Spit!

13 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 25, 2020
TundeKorede:

Thank you for reading!

First emancipate yourself from religion.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Letter To The Born Again Sisters From A Born Again Brother / What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas? / Ibiyeomie: Joblessness Is Not Caused By Devil. It's Caused By Lack Of Integrity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.