Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,888 members, 7,828,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants (14176 Views)

7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Bacchus/dionysus The Demon Of Wine&the Corruption Of God's Servants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by saajus: 11:12am On Oct 25, 2020
The problem is that most of our Pastors are not humble. In fact, some critique do reach out to them but they don't get an audience from our GO's, Bishops, and Co. How many Naija Pastors have you seen that will come up to the pulpit and correct some errors in his previous messages. Whereas he has seen the truth.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by ojaysam25(m): 11:14am On Oct 25, 2020
True....pastors are not super humans.....they are like me and you....all the more will need to pray for them....it takes only the grace of God.....no man is infallible.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by kumulus(m): 11:16am On Oct 25, 2020
You must have missed out the part where the same bible DEMANDED that correction and reprove should be done before ALL.

-Lloyd
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 25, 2020
Chris525:

Evil thrives when good people dont speak up.

Leave him let him remain a slave

People are plundering his destiny, tampering with the destiny of kids yet unborn but zombies like that still come here to preach nonsense
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by kumulus(m): 11:19am On Oct 25, 2020
ojaysam25:
True....pastors are not super humans.....they are like me and you....all the more will need to pray for them....it takes only the grace of God.....no man is infallible.

The more reason why people should stop seeing them as superhumans, infallible and/or perfect. They should also quit presenting themselves as all that, shame people still stupidly fall for the charms.

-Lloyd
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by igboamakaaa: 11:19am On Oct 25, 2020
TundeKorede:
TELL IT NOT IN GATH, PUBLISH IT NOT in the streets of Askelon; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice; lest the daughters of the uncircumcised triumph.
2 Samuel 1:20 (Emphasis’ mine)

Sequel to an ignominious death of Saul, in the hands of the uncircumcised Philistines, David maintained in his lament that a torrent of abuse should not be published about his embarrassing death.

Worthy of mention is the fact that, Saul made himself an obtrusive enemy to David whilst he was alive.

Yet David would not permit the Israelites to share the news of his shameful death in such a way that the uncircumcised Philistines would hear it and rejoice.

Needless to say, we can liken the Philistines to unbelievers, while the Israelites represent the believers of the present world.

Nowadays, believers publicly spread the news of the errors of God’s servants (even fathers of faith are not spared) with no pang of remorse.

In fact, it seems we now take delight in looking for news that are demeaning to the Body of Christ in order to share them on our social media accounts. In addition, we pounce on negative news like Piranhas.

Sadly, there are pastors who publicly ridicule and speak disparagingly about their fellow ministers who are in error, forgetting that all humans are fallible.

Hence, we expose the Body of Christ to a whole series of attacks, ridicule, and vituperation from unbelievers through our unwise disposition towards Men of God.

However, much as I denounce the idea of spreading the news of the downfall/errors of ministers of God, I wouldn’t take sides with them on the atrocities they have committed. Bishop Oyedepo once stated that, ‘‘Sin is sin no matter who is sinning.’‘ I support this truth.

Nonetheless, it is tomfoolery to assume that God’s servants are infallible. The reason why many of us are taken by surprise is that we expect too much from them.

Listen, no man is infallible! Samson fell, Saul fell, Judas fell, even Peter would have fallen beyond restoration if not for the grace of God. May God keep us from falling till the end.

Love does not take delight in sharing evil but rejoices at the truth (1 Cor 13:6). Love protects! So, protect the ministries of other believers. Do not expose them to danger and assaults.

Therefore, walk in love. If we walk in love, the restoration of those who seemed to have fallen will be of concern to us, rather than their total fall or destruction.

Let’s follow this priceless injunction of the Scriptures in Galatians 6:1, which says;

”Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such as one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.”

Speak to them and if you cannot speak to them, pray for them. Let the restoration of every fallen minister be paramount to you and not their destruction.

May the Lord keep us till the end.

Please, use the comment section to express your thought below.

Thank you for reading!

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/why-you-should-stop-publicizing-the-errors-of-gods-servants/

Partially correct but you see...not everyone who claims to be 'God's Servant' is serving him. A majority of our clergy today hide under the euphoria of being 'men of God' to commit all sorts of wicked attrocities, alongside enriching their pockets in the process.

True servants of God are extremely few and are even the ones hated by men. (You can check throughout the bible to confirm this particular phrase, you will see that it is 100% true). Seek the one who gives the message and not the messenger, Give all Glory to the Lord of the harvest and not to the workmen used in harvesting the crops. For they are just mere tools in the hands of the creator.

I pray that Yaweh, the almighty creator opens our eyes and gives us the spirit of discernment in other to discern between the true servants and the impostors. Have a lovely day ahead. God bless you as you bless others.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by omenka(m): 11:20am On Oct 25, 2020
Some God's servants I know: Mary Slessor, Mahatma Gandhi, MLK Jnr, Nelson Mandela.

None of them bore the names "pastor" or "evangelist", but they were servants of God nevertheless TO ME.

Now, who is a servant of God to the op?
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by shadeyinka2: 11:21am On Oct 25, 2020
TundeKorede:
TELL IT NOT IN GATH, PUBLISH IT NOT in the streets of Askelon; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice; lest the daughters of the uncircumcised triumph.

Sequel to an ignominious death of Saul, in the hands of the uncircumcised Philistines, David maintained in his lament that a torrent of abuse should not be published about his embarrassing death.

Worthy of mention is the fact that, Saul made himself an obtrusive enemy to David whilst he was alive.

Yet David would not permit the Israelites to share the news of his shameful death in such a way that the uncircumcised Philistines would hear it and rejoice.

Needless to say, we can liken the Philistines to unbelievers, while the Israelites represent the believers of the present world.

Nowadays, believers publicly spread the news of the errors of God’s servants (even fathers of faith are not spared) with no pang of remorse.

In fact, it seems we now take delight in looking for news that are demeaning to the Body of Christ in order to share them on our social media accounts. In addition, we pounce on negative news like Piranhas.

Sadly, there are pastors who publicly ridicule and speak disparagingly about their fellow ministers who are in error, forgetting that all humans are fallible.

Hence, we expose the Body of Christ to a whole series of attacks, ridicule, and vituperation from unbelievers through our unwise disposition towards Men of God.

However, much as I denounce the idea of spreading the news of the downfall/errors of ministers of God, I wouldn’t take sides with them on the atrocities they have committed. Bishop Oyedepo once stated that, ‘‘Sin is sin no matter who is sinning.’‘ I support this truth.

Nonetheless, it is tomfoolery to assume that God’s servants are infallible. The reason why many of us are taken by surprise is that we expect too much from them.

Listen, no man is infallible! Samson fell, Saul fell, Judas fell, even Peter would have fallen beyond restoration if not for the grace of God. May God keep us from falling till the end.

Love does not take delight in sharing evil but rejoices at the truth (1 Cor 13:6). Love protects! So, protect the ministries of other believers. Do not expose them to danger and assaults.

Therefore, walk in love. If we walk in love, the restoration of those who seemed to have fallen will be of concern to us, rather than their total fall or destruction.

Let’s follow this priceless injunction of the Scriptures in Galatians 6:1, which says;

”Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such as one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.”

Speak to them and if you cannot speak to them, pray for them. Let the restoration of every fallen minister be paramount to you and not their destruction.

Thank you for reading!

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/why-you-should-stop-publicizing-the-errors-of-gods-servants/
You have a point.

However, we almost don't know who a man of God is. By their fruit, you shall know them.

The Wolves in Sheep skin need to be exposed. The erring Shepherds of the Sheep should be forgiven and prayed for. They are human beings subject to weaknesses like the rest of us.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by kingxsamz(m): 11:24am On Oct 25, 2020
ednut1:
Religion needs to be eradicated. Imagine saying they should not be exposed. Smh. I hope when one of them rapes your daughter in the name of deliverance you will have same view

Asin, the audacity.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Myer(m): 11:29am On Oct 25, 2020
TundeKorede:

Thank you for reading!

Hope you're ashamed of yourself?

You''re the type that will find out your pastor is an adulterous dog and a greedy tortoise and still keep mute while victims of his crimes/sins keep increasing exponentially. I really hope you know that scripturally you're under God's judgement already.

Ezekiel 33:8
When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you shall surely die!' and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Tcwork: 11:30am On Oct 25, 2020
We are expected to hold government accountable for their crimes but when it comes to your pastor, we should look the other way?
Do u really want things to improve?
Remember, Jesus tackle's the religious leaders in his time... can't we just follow his example?
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by ojaysam25(m): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2020
kumulus:

The more reason why people should stop seeing them as superhumans, infallible and/or perfect. They should also quit presenting themselves as all that, shame people still stupidly fall for the charms.

-Lloyd
Everything real and genuine,still has its counterfeit or fake....they are others who are humble and genuinely live a life worthy of emulation...
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Donedeal1(m): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2020
For every mistakes there's a consequences,If they will freely fall into avoidable errors as we have it today,then there is no hope for the congregation, remember ingnorance is not an excuse in law.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Tcwork: 11:36am On Oct 25, 2020
In the year 2000 the Catholic pope apologized for the atrocities of priest that had been covered up for years.
We all commended. Do u want us to return to those dark years when priest iniquities were swept under the carpet.
Really what is ur point?
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 25, 2020
Then I will turn GODS SERVANT

Free to make error without judgement
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Akanniade(m): 11:49am On Oct 25, 2020
TundeKorede:

Thank you for reading!

Like cultists do? Paul called out Peter's errors. Even Jesus' disciples criticised him when some of his messages were too hard for them. If they did it covertly, would it be available for the whole world to read in the bible?
Moreover, the chapter you quoted is a Jewish cultural dirge celebrating their hero. A past Nigerian president, no matter how ignoble, at his funeral, will get a nice speech from the sitting president.
Same David you paint such illustrious pictures of, ordered his. son Solomon- in 'The God Father style' to eliminate Joab and Shimei.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by lomprico(m): 11:55am On Oct 25, 2020
TundeKorede:

Thank you for reading!

get lost.

one day one will rape your daughter. make sure u keep quiet. Ewu!
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by mysteriousD: 11:59am On Oct 25, 2020
showietee:

Good people speak up by solving a bad state with good utterances and advice not paying evils with evils.

Two wrongs does not make a right....

Will you advice a son to be rebellious to his parent comes whatever?

Dont change the narrative...don't shift goal post...dont try to appear like a saint...however remember it is the duty of each parent to be responsible ..God bless you ..Thanks
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by IJOBA2: 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
Seconded.
For the fake and evil self acclaimed Men of God parading themselves as real men of God.
God says it in the Bible that he will deal with them personally, that we should not abuse them.
I hope someone learns something from this.
Peace out.
SO YOU ARE A MUSLIM. WOW
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Ihatemumu: 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2020
Stupid post,
Look at where Nigeria is today because Christians kept quiet. Unlike this generation asking the questions our fathers were too afraid to ask,

It is not the same bible used in UK, USA and other developed countries?
why is the dividend not reflecting in Africa (Nigeria in particular)?

Not because the Bible is not real, it is because developed countries have drawn a line between laws and religion.

Africa cannot differentiate when to separate Laws and Religion.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Ellixlimswag(m): 12:16pm On Oct 25, 2020
we should also stop publicizing the error of government.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by ivoryfile: 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2020
I agree with you op.
Apart from men of God's error. A Christian should never amplify other people's shortcomings!

Joel Osteen Daily Devotional for 25 Th October 2020
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2020
Good One Op. I'm Blessed By D Msg Too.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Agugbadin: 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
How do you know which is a true servant of God
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 25, 2020
Don't follow the children of darkness to rejoice or judge or castigate a fellow brethren or a pastor when he/she falls into sin, rather pray for their soul to be saved. Read 1 Corinthian 12vs 26. It says if one member suffers, all suffer together, if one member is honoured, all rejoice together.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by lebron7(m): 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2020
Dumb fooolls
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Arry110(m): 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2020
TundeKorede:

Thank you for reading!

Thunder fire you
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by kingxsamz(m): 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lol, na only mumu dey keep quiet when ihn suppose talk.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Mutemenot(m): 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2020
Our servants of God should not make themselves gods by doing so people won't expect perfection from them.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Kay25(m): 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2020
[quote author=J111333 post=91395249]"TELL IT NOT IN GATH, PUBLISH IT NOT in the streets of Askelon; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice; lest the daughters of the uncircumcised triumph."

So where's the spirituality in that verse of the bible? Does it have anything to do with salvation?
oversabi...
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Easysolution(m): 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2020
But Jesus Christ criticised the Pharisees, what about that.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2020
Is that ur interpretation of the Bible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

About Abortion. / TB Joshua On Leadership Newspaper Interview: I Never Spoke With Anyone / What Is The Connection Between Santa And Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.