Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,420 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants (14181 Views)

7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / Bacchus/dionysus The Demon Of Wine&the Corruption Of God's Servants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by crafteck(m): 2:25pm On Oct 25, 2020
U r mad
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Goodman247: 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2020
That is why Nigeria is not moving forward, have you ask yourself why is it that we are over religious, churches everywhere but wickedness, corruption, greed and iniquity abound in the land, those countries who don't serve God are more prosperous than us because they do the right thing,
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by emapeteum(m): 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2020
Sorry, Christianity is not the way you paint it. Paul's writings to Churches were not done in secret, the letters to seven Churches in Asia were done so as to avoid eternal damnation. Criticizing someone, whom you term man of God, is not out of place if what the person practice is not what was left for us by Christ and the Apostles. I do not call one a man of God if what he preaches does not depict the undiluted word of which was handed over. Remember, human philosophy has invaded the house of God and any false gospel has to be taken head-on. Remember the reformation of the Church was not done in secret; Martin Luther 95 thesis.
Criticism keeps one in check
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by tosinjay(m): 2:44pm On Oct 25, 2020
True servants of God repent when they're in error. We are all servants of God by d way. And all needs to be called out when truly in error. No amount of influence or wealth from any so called servant of God should stop that.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by folks4luv(f): 2:53pm On Oct 25, 2020
A pastor slept with someone's wife and attempted to sleep with his daughter and you expect such to be kept a secret? A pastor rapes a teenager, messed up her mind and life and you want it to be covered? According to you now, Jesus died first for pastors then for others cause they are more important. We all have our weaknesses, I don't support ridiculing someone cause of his/her weakness, but let every act of wickedness be exposed. There is a wide gap between weakness and wickedness. Once crossed, doesn't matter who, the person should face the consequences
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Encyclopedia1: 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
But sometimes I think you guys are so dumb. How can you say committed an ERROR? Read ur caption well. How can you say your God committed an ERROR? God is self sustaining and self sufficient. He doesn't not commit error but u just said it. O ga oo. When we have a religion based on self belief, this is what Moses will always see at the gate.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
stanliwise:
[s][/s]
OF COURSE NO BLIND MAN CAN SEE
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by dederocs(m): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2020
But Yeshua, Jesus as modern christians call him, always called out the scribes, and pharisees...where did you get your doctrine from?
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by RedPhoenix: 3:13pm On Oct 25, 2020
I'm pleased to invite you to join my content writing team. Yes, I'm recruiting an elite team of content writers and together we're going to be involved in " writing articles remotely " as part of a bigger business model. Each writer on board the team earns 1 Million Naira at the end of our working partnership together.

Here are the perks of this opportunity :

* You get to work remotely and build wealth

* You work from the confines of your home

* You gain skills that enables you make consistent income even after our working partnership

* You earn excellent remuneration at the end of your tenure that could be channeled into personal engagements

* You learn on the project

I'm inviting you on-board to join me on this project. If you're interested, send me a message on the WhatsApp contact on the signature

Thank you
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Lamasta(m): 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2020
I can't keep quiet when a bad person disguising as a servant of God start misleading people and hiding under the guise of touch not my anointed, even God almighty will not forgive me for not rising and speaking up against their wicked and ungodly plans of misleading the sheeps.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by stanliwise(m): 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2020
Oizatobad:
OF COURSE NO BLIND MAN CAN SEE

Let me ask you one question. Do you think Christianity should have this large amount of diversity of doctrines like it has now?
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by LLMG: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
Criticize yes, but not in public, in other words not to the detriment of what is right. Many especially the weak ones have fallen out of faith because of errors as this.
Buliwyf:
If some of these Christians today where Jews when Jesus was criticizing the Pharisees, they would have joined in trying to harm Jesus. These guys see their pastors as people that should not be corrected or criticized in any way. They are the Christian equivalent of the Taliban.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
Please don't cover sin. Proverbs 28:13. Let us confess our sins and ask God for mercy
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by afroxyz: 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
shugaboy6102:
Anybody exposing the unclothedness of a man of God must do it with wisdom. He may curse you for bringing shame on his calling and he would quickly repent but you will suffer the consequences. That was what one of the sons of Noah did that attracted curse upon his life but the other two looked away and covered it.

Stop twisting the bible. He mocked his father's unclothedness. So God would be willing to effect the curse of a sinful pastor on someone who told the truth and erase the pastors sins. You guys are jokers
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by delishpot: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2020
Evil doers trying to suppress the good people from speaking up against their evil. Using religion to cloak wickedness. Tufiakwa!!!
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
TundeKorede:
TELL IT NOT IN GATH, PUBLISH IT NOT in the streets of Askelon; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice; lest the daughters of the uncircumcised triumph.
2 Samuel 1:20 (Emphasis’ mine)

Sequel to an ignominious death of Saul, in the hands of the uncircumcised Philistines, David maintained in his lament that a torrent of abuse should not be published about his embarrassing death.

Worthy of mention is the fact that, Saul made himself an obtrusive enemy to David whilst he was alive.

Yet David would not permit the Israelites to share the news of his shameful death in such a way that the uncircumcised Philistines would hear it and rejoice.

Needless to say, we can liken the Philistines to unbelievers, while the Israelites represent the believers of the present world.

Nowadays, believers publicly spread the news of the errors of God’s servants (even fathers of faith are not spared) with no pang of remorse.

In fact, it seems we now take delight in looking for news that are demeaning to the Body of Christ in order to share them on our social media accounts. In addition, we pounce on negative news like Piranhas.

Sadly, there are pastors who publicly ridicule and speak disparagingly about their fellow ministers who are in error, forgetting that all humans are fallible.

Hence, we expose the Body of Christ to a whole series of attacks, ridicule, and vituperation from unbelievers through our unwise disposition towards Men of God.

However, much as I denounce the idea of spreading the news of the downfall/errors of ministers of God, I wouldn’t take sides with them on the atrocities they have committed. Bishop Oyedepo once stated that, ‘‘Sin is sin no matter who is sinning.’‘ I support this truth.

Nonetheless, it is tomfoolery to assume that God’s servants are infallible. The reason why many of us are taken by surprise is that we expect too much from them.

Listen, no man is infallible! Samson fell, Saul fell, Judas fell, even Peter would have fallen beyond restoration if not for the grace of God. May God keep us from falling till the end.

Love does not take delight in sharing evil but rejoices at the truth (1 Cor 13:6). Love protects! So, protect the ministries of other believers. Do not expose them to danger and assaults.

Therefore, walk in love. If we walk in love, the restoration of those who seemed to have fallen will be of concern to us, rather than their total fall or destruction.

Let’s follow this priceless injunction of the Scriptures in Galatians 6:1, which says;

”Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such as one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.”

Speak to them and if you cannot speak to them, pray for them. Let the restoration of every fallen minister be paramount to you and not their destruction.

May the Lord keep us till the end.

Please, use the comment section to express your thought below.

Thank you for reading!

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/why-you-should-stop-publicizing-the-errors-of-gods-servants/

Yes that’s why catholic priests were there raping children. Nigerian pastors sleeping with peoples wives and using church money as personal account.

Religion should not be a tool to subjugate. Speak up if any alfa or pastor is doing wrong. They are human beings and should be help accountabie
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by kiddkash(m): 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
TundeKorede:
TELL IT NOT IN GATH, PUBLISH IT NOT in the streets of Askelon; lest the daughters of the Philistines rejoice; lest the daughters of the uncircumcised triumph.

Sequel to an ignominious death of Saul, in the hands of the uncircumcised Philistines, David maintained in his lament that a torrent of abuse should not be published about his embarrassing death.

Worthy of mention is the fact that, Saul made himself an obtrusive enemy to David whilst he was alive.

Yet David would not permit the Israelites to share the news of his shameful death in such a way that the uncircumcised Philistines would hear it and rejoice.

Needless to say, we can liken the Philistines to unbelievers, while the Israelites represent the believers of the present world.

Nowadays, believers publicly spread the news of the errors of God’s servants (even fathers of faith are not spared) with no pang of remorse.

In fact, it seems we now take delight in looking for news that are demeaning to the Body of Christ in order to share them on our social media accounts. In addition, we pounce on negative news like Piranhas.

Sadly, there are pastors who publicly ridicule and speak disparagingly about their fellow ministers who are in error, forgetting that all humans are fallible.

Hence, we expose the Body of Christ to a whole series of attacks, ridicule, and vituperation from unbelievers through our unwise disposition towards Men of God.

However, much as I denounce the idea of spreading the news of the downfall/errors of ministers of God, I wouldn’t take sides with them on the atrocities they have committed. Bishop Oyedepo once stated that, ‘‘Sin is sin no matter who is sinning.’‘ I support this truth.

Nonetheless, it is tomfoolery to assume that God’s servants are infallible. The reason why many of us are taken by surprise is that we expect too much from them.

Listen, no man is infallible! Samson fell, Saul fell, Judas fell, even Peter would have fallen beyond restoration if not for the grace of God. May God keep us from falling till the end.

Love does not take delight in sharing evil but rejoices at the truth (1 Cor 13:6). Love protects! So, protect the ministries of other believers. Do not expose them to danger and assaults.

Therefore, walk in love. If we walk in love, the restoration of those who seemed to have fallen will be of concern to us, rather than their total fall or destruction.

Let’s follow this priceless injunction of the Scriptures in Galatians 6:1, which says;

”Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such as one in the spirit of meekness, considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.”

Speak to them and if you cannot speak to them, pray for them. Let the restoration of every fallen minister be paramount to you and not their destruction.

Thank you for reading!

Source: http://www.tundekorede.com/why-you-should-stop-publicizing-the-errors-of-gods-servants/
read this in your bible

Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Earnonline7: 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
I believe
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
So OP...are you also saying that the rape of young boys by catholic pruests too should be swept under the carpet...wow
Grow some balls and stop being a sheep to religion
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Nwaelohim: 5:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
You are trying to used Bible verses to manipulate and justify criminals in the name of pastor. The scriptures are given for REPROOF AND CORRECTIONS. a man serving God most be without Blame.

1Timothy 3:2 King James Version
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

2Timithy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by amNIGERIA: 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2020
Op, Are you not tired?

Find some thing more positive and focus on
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by bixton(m): 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2020
TundeKorede:

Thank you for reading!

If one was under the law of Moses I could to an extent take your write up with a pinch of salt.
But anyone who claims to be actually a man of God should be as Christ Jesus is. If Apostle Paul could be infallible then all men of God could do same except otherwise the light within them is darkness and not the light of God.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Kobojunkie: 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
Buliwyf:
If some of these Christians today where Jews when Jesus was criticizing the Pharisees, they would have joined in trying to harm Jesus. These guys see their pastors as people that should not be corrected or criticized in any way. They are the Christian equivalent of the Taliban.
Preach it! grin
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by aleruoluwafemi: 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2020
@OP I really appreciate this write up and it is timely. Don't mind those who are ridiculing your post. Infact let me add we all need to be praying for men of God to be able to stand and speak the truth.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by shugaboy6102(m): 7:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
afroxyz:

Stop twisting the bible. He mocked his father's unclothedness. So God would be willing to effect the curse of a sinful pastor on someone who told the truth and erase the pastors sins. You guys are jokers
you made a wonderful submission. For example if a renowned man of God with so much congregation is found out to be a man who has extra marital affair and you happen to find out. Would you expose him to the world or meet him privately to repent. Now exposing him to the world is not bad, but consider the huge number of people who might also become unbelievers just because their pastor is found to be living a dirty life.
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2020
shugaboy6102:
you made a wonderful submission. For example if a renowned man of God with so much congregation is found out to be a man who has extra marital affair and you happen to find out. Would you expose him to the world or meet him privately to repent. Now exposing him to the world is not bad, but consider the huge number of people who might also become unbelievers just because their pastor is found to be living a dirty life.
What the heck... meet him privately to repent? Is that what Jesus Christ taught you to do? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Consider the huge number of people who might also become unbelievers just because their pastor is found to be living a dirty life? Are you kidding? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by jonbat(m): 3:54am On Oct 26, 2020
Who is this fuul again. Very useless post
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Nwaelohim: 6:34am On Oct 26, 2020
Goodman247:
That is why Nigeria is not moving forward, have you ask yourself why is it that we are over religious, churches everywhere but wickedness, corruption, greed and iniquity abound in the land, those countries who don't serve God are more prosperous than us because they do the right thing,

There's two religious master's
1. Money (Mammon)
2. God
NIGERIA churches are serving money that's why every thing is about money for them.
Other developed countries are serving God that's they policies are about human development and comfort which what God wants.

God said in the Bible that you can't serve two masters. You have to choose. NIGERIANS choose Mammon
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by Horlufemi(m): 7:43am On Oct 26, 2020
When your "pastor" rapes your 7 year old daughter don't sòrò sókè

Foolishness
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by DonroxyII: 10:33am On Oct 26, 2020
ednut1:
Religion needs to be eradicated. Imagine saying they should not be exposed. Smh. I hope when one of them rapes your daughter in the name of deliverance you will have same view
Dude, the earlier you realise human laws is not enough to regulate human being the better for your healthy mind ... if not for God and Religion, the entire human race is in ruin. The fear of God is what inhibit more than one quarter of the global population from being berserk and extremely wicked like animals ...

Remove God and there is no single difference between human and animals because our own laws is not enough to tame the beast in all of us !
Re: Why Christians Should Stop Publicizing The Errors Of God's Servants by ednut1(m): 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2020
DonroxyII:
Dude, the earlier you realise human laws is not enough to regulate human being the better for your healthy mind ... if not for God and Religion, the entire human race is in ruin. The fear of God is what inhibit more than one quarter of the global population from being berserk and extremely wicked like animals ...

Remove God and there is no single difference between human and animals because our own laws is not enough to tame the beast in all of us !
how many people in Europe and America dey go church places where religion is being practiced appear to have more brutal and savage people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Info About Adoration Ministries Enugu Nigeria / 10 Things The Bible Wants U To Know In This Recession Time. / Romance With Female Gospel Singer, Sinach Crashed Oyakhilome’s Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.