Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:32 AM

Can We Pray Together? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Pray Together? (37632 Views)

Do You Pray Together As Boyfriend And Girlfriend?honest Answers Needed / Can We Pray Together? / Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 3:59pm On Aug 03, 2007
I luv u guys and I am happy I have backers.

Its so nice reading down the thread and seeing love written all over.

It is well with all of us amen
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 9:36am On Aug 06, 2007
pals,
how was the weekend hope it was cool,this week God will always take one step ahead of all your adversaries, so go into the week to dominate, win and triumph over all obstacles cos GOD WITH U.

Have a great week
Re: Can We Pray Together? by jayvin01: 9:41am On Aug 06, 2007
thanks all, you are very wonderful!, i wish y'all a very wonderful week! grin

Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2007
Hi everyone! I hope all is well with u guys. I was impressed by this post and decided to share it with the house. pls check it out.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1456.0.html

Remain blessed!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 09, 2007
Lessons From the DOG ??

If a dog, without a soul, has time to pray, then we owe it to God most high to communicate with Him at all times.

Amongst all of the junk we get over the internet, occasionally we get something like this. It's just too good not to send around.
If a dog has time to pray , So should we!!!

Re: Can We Pray Together? by uchetobi(f): 5:41pm On Aug 09, 2007
lol. good one there
Re: Can We Pray Together? by feelgood(m): 9:54am On Aug 10, 2007
Passed by this thread many times because I thought it was one of those that sought to cause enmity among the religions as is so common in the forum. Just decided to look in and, I'm glad my fears were unfounded.
Good things going on here & may the God of all mercy reward your labours of love and may the devil fail in his bid 2 distract you all in this gracious exercise.
@ olowotee, the song you posted earlier happens 2 be one of my favourites.
Gbu
Re: Can We Pray Together? by wifeypenth(f): 11:19am On Aug 10, 2007
@ obanikoro the lord is your strength in your family. He gives and takes. Calamity wouldn't befall you again. God will continue to guide you all. As long as you continue to walk with him. Bless you

@ brother's and sister's little prayers said on this thread really work. I'm a living testimony to unexpected miracles. May the Lord God meet us all at the point of our needs. Amen. Love you all but God loves you much more and he'd never trade you for anything
Re: Can We Pray Together? by wifeypenth(f): 11:20am On Aug 10, 2007
@ obanikoro the lord is your strength in your family. He gives and takes. Calamity wouldn't befall you again. God will continue to guide you all. As long as you continue to walk with him. Bless you

@ brother's and sister's little prayers said on this thread really work. I'm a living testimony to unexpected miracles. May the Lord God meet us all at the point of our needs. Amen. Love you all but God loves you much more and he'd never trade you for anything
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2007
You've got to Know this

that, .

The initiator of this thread "Can We pray together?" is God.

Here is the gist

For complete 6months, One of my siblings was without a JOB. ANd things were terribly sour for him and his family, WHat really happened was that, the Aviation Company he worked with, had a serious issue with the Government, and their license was siezed. Hence most of the workers were relieved of their job. It was a big challenge in the family. Since, there was no one to turn to but God. We prayed, fasted and believed God for a miracle, but nothing happened for a COMPLETE 6 MONTH plus. Answers didn't just come when we expected it, But i guess God allowed it for a purpose. Remember, the Bible says that all things work together for our good. And it was at this junction i felt led to start up this thread.

God told me to go ahead and create the thread and suggested the title "Can we pray together?". I was like, "Oops, why this
topic, GOd" and why this ideal in the Religion Section where we have lots of silly wink and arguments uncalled for. He was like,
Tosin, just go ahead and do as you've been told.

Little me, I was still nursing this ideal when God in His infinite Mercies answered My Brother's Prayer and gave him a good job with so many other opportunities. He did it in that same month (JUNE) this thread got started and now he is doing real good with his family. I guess, God was trying to pass across a message to me, that He's equal to the task of meeting Peoples' need. Thank you Lord, kiss

So! this thread is an open cheque to Whosoever on this forum that believe in the power of Prayer to send in their prayer request and let God prove Himself strong in their lives. wink He is a faithful God, He can do all things.

Thank God.

So, the glory to this thread must be given to Him and Him only. and not olowotee wink wink grin

Thank you all for joining hands in prayers. May He bless each an everyone of Us. And the people of God, says. . . Amen!!

Shallom.

Re: Can We Pray Together? by funmeme(f): 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2007
may the almighty God lay hands on her.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 10, 2007
funmeme:

may the almighty God lay hands on her.

Amen.

feelgood:

@ olowotee, the song you posted earlier happens 2 be one of my favourites.

It's one of my favourites too. wink

Nice weekend.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by pilgrim1(f): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2007
Psalm 5:3 -- 'My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up,

God bless and strengthen you all in the place of prayer.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 10:35am On Aug 13, 2007
please pray for me. I have not been fine since saturday. Checked my temp this morning and it was 38 degrees, can't even explain further: I'm so weak& can't type. I bliv His blood has healed me- just to see the manifestation is what is left. You are all blessed.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by pilgrim1(f): 11:49am On Aug 13, 2007
You're blessed and healed in Jesus Name.

You're in my prayers.
wink
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2007
@Obanikoro1,

Sooriee!!! cry I believe it's well with you in Jesus name. May you be healed of your infirmity this very hour in Jesus name, we believe God with you that your strength shall be renewed as eagle. Cos Healing is the Children' bread. wink
Re: Can We Pray Together? by wifeypenth(f): 7:52am On Aug 15, 2007
Please i have an interview on the 22nd of august concerning my career, the devil has been having his way other times,but this time God has promised me that i'll find favour. I want you to please support me with your prayers. Something just told me to come and post this on this thread, gues it the direction of the holy spirit. Thanks alot. I promise to testify on this thread after it has been done
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2007
God's admonition to all.

Habakkuk 2:2-3

2  And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

3  For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Write down the vision and wait for its manifestation. Cos at the appointed hour It shall SPEAK.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2007
Thank you all for your prayers and care. I am getting better now just need sometime to rest.

It was a sickness that almost got me hooked and fried but thank God He healed me.

@olowotee
thanks for the call, neva expected it. U took me by surprise (a pleasant surprise grin)
I know we will all meet someday soon.

@everyone
dont 4get to pray for wifeypenth's interview, the families of the corpers that died, chinelo (the accident victim), olowotee's award coming up, the guy that was tested for HIV e.t.c.

May the Lord bless you and keep u,
May His face shine upon u and be gracious unto you,
May lift up His countenance upon u and give u peace,
The Name of the Lord is upon u all and u are blessed forever. Amen
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 7:56am On Aug 21, 2007
Many thanks to all who prayed for me. I am totally healed now and stronger than ever!

It was a reactive typhoid but its gone now. Thank God. And thank you all. Luv u kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2007
Confession of Faith

1. It is well!
2. I'm Strong!
3. Jesus is in Charge of my every situation
4. I need not fret
5. Greater is He that is in me, Than he that is in the World.
6. My Father knows.
7. I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me
8. Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
9. Jesus is Able.
10. This is the confidence that i have in Him, that if I ask anything according to His will, He hears me.

Do have a nice day.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by nawa1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 21, 2007
i'm loving this smiley smiley

i do not mean to change the thread to any other thing. but i believe the answer to prayer is not according to our faith while we are talking but according to our faith while we are working. so i suggest people should post their prayer point here and as we pray together with the person we also advise and see what we can do to help.

is just a suggestion anyway.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2007
@na_wa

You're welcome

@wifepenny
May the Spirit of the Lord God, go with you and favour you in Jesus name, Hope i'm speaking the mind of others too. It is well.

All the Best.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 7:46am On Aug 22, 2007
@wifeypenth

IT IS WELL WITH U AS U GO. I pray u get this b4 or just after the interview: Never right off ur chances in any interview. I know u will do well but even if u feel u should have done better, BELIEVE that God has settled it for u rather than thinking of what best u should have told them.

Have faith! It is well. I wish I know the exact time so as to pray for strength and wisdom right at that moment. It will still work even if we pray b4 then. Waiting to hear u testify.

@everyone

lets pray for those that will be attempting the 1st bank test all over nigeria. Lets also pray for safe trip for those traveling for it.

Lets not forget the earlier placed prayer points and olowotee's award that is coming up.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 28, 2007
@ Everyone

I've not been able to get details about Chinelo's health, but I believe God that He is working for her Good. Thanks for your supplication. God bless.

Prayer Point
I've got a friend who is writing her professional exams this week. Please do pray that God's favour would reach her and grant unto her Good success.

"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2007
@olowotee

AMEN!!!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by nawa1(m): 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2007
amen o!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2007
Pls, let's do pray that the coming of the Lord will not take us unaware.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 03, 2007
Some busy themselves with "EMBER" prayers in times like this, But as for you and your household, September has ushered in a Season of Joy, Unparrallel Peace and Divinve Provision. Ephesians 3:20.

Best of Christ..

It's a new month, let's make great plans!!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2007
Pls my dear bros and sisters pray for me. this yr has been one full of pain for me and I have seen so much sorrow and experienced so much grief to the extent that I'm weak and feeble.

My best friend in my office died on saturday 1st sept. She was a married woman old enuff to be my mother but wat drew me to her was the fact that she looked so much like my mum. Her face, the way she plays pranks, laughs and argues all remind me of my mum.

We were so close to the extent I started calling her "my mum in the office". My family knows about her. We prayed together, laughed together, cried together, ate together. I loved her and do love her still.

pls pray for me as dis is just too overwhelming for me to handle. She left beyind young kids with the youngest about 7-8yrs old. Pray for the family too. pls pray for God's peace and consolation for them and for her friends. She lived a good life on earth

i cant type anymore,my fingers are all out of strength.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by hamabra(m): 9:38am On Sep 04, 2007
God almigthy will grant the family the fortitude to bear the lost, God will grant her eternal rest in Jesus name
@Obanikoro
God will put laughter in ur mouth, u will overcome all the plans of satan God will continue to strengthen u .u are BLESS
@ ALL
God will for the rest part of this year put 2geter blessings u will be unable to comprehend.He will protect us from all evils.

please let pray for this country for focus and direction, we need Him more than ever b4

NICE DAY
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 04, 2007
@Obanikoro
"He knows the bitter, weary way, the endless striving day by day, the soul that weeps the soul that prays, Our Father knows, Our Father knows." I pray He shows His mercies onto you and your household and to the home of the bereaved, May His covenant of Peace be not removed from you. Listen to this: "For the mountain(of death, sorrow, anguish, failure etc) shall depart, and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee." Isaiah 54:10. It is well

@All
I've got this song to share.

[center]"Simply trusting everyday
Trusting through the stormy way
Even when my faith is small
Trusting Jesus, that is all

Trusting as the moment flies
Trusting as the day goes bye
Trusting Him whatever betides
Trusting Jesus that is all."[/center]

May we experience His riches and glory in Christ Jesus and for our Nation-Nigeria, We pray for the Peace of God to continually reign

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Thousands Storm Adeboye’s Crusade In Bauchi (Pictures) / Understanding The Concept of Tithing / Former Pope Benedict Is Seriously Ill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.