Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation (39802 Views)

French Troops Begin Withdrawal From Niger Republic / Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" / Trump's Administration Is "Irresponsible" - Joe Biden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Tobechuckwu(m): 7:24am On Jul 08, 2020
rottennaija:

You don't have your fact right.
If u really wanna know d truth about Covid-19, please don't watch CNN. Watch other news channel nd add things up urself
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by wirinet(m): 7:27am On Jul 08, 2020
bluefilm:

Easier said than done.

Ask yourself this: USA and the rest of the world, who needs each other more?

Can you really do without America?

Just some two or three weeks back, Germany as powerful as they are said to be, was complaining that America was pulling some of her forces out of Europe.

America no be your mate o, guy!
Just one century ago, Germany was the world superpower. It took the combined effort of USA, Britain and it's colonies, USSR and a defeated France to bring Germany down. USA can't take on the whole world and hope to win.

The USA needs the world more than the world need USA. Some small countries had bullshited the USA and survived. Libya thrived without the USA for decades until they brought Gaddafi and Libya down. Iran thrived for decades without USA and now, they are blackmailing the rest of the world not to do business with Iran.

If all the world stop using the dollar as the international currency of trade, the US economy will crash overnight.

USA greatness was because of the respect and trust the whole world gave to them.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by seanwilliam(m): 7:29am On Jul 08, 2020
Ayt27:

Major funding for over 20 years without compromising and without being the major beneficiary is the issue. If China and Russia can do that then no problem.

Only the Saud's may want to do that and I think it will be for image laundering, but even then $450-500M per year no be beans.

Ironically it's an American that's the highest individual contributor, Bill gates should be the richest man in the world but he's donated over $25bn worldwide.

Even if the world and WHO adjusts dem go know say funding commot for table. I'm sure 3 out of 5 Americans will tell you they agree with Trump esp if the money is coming out of the taxpayers and just because of that, they can vote for him.

If not for the corona virus Trump would win that election hands down, jobs were on the increase and even Black and Latino Americans said they were going to vote for Trump, I wouldn't put it past China to have wanted to sabotage Trump from start and if China did, then it's the coward's way to fight back after the sanctions and to get him out of office.

This just shows China can't do a Head on collision with the US

Common Huawei wey US sanction China dey shout, seeing how major US companies like FB, Google, Twitter are all banned in China.

In trade war China will lose the most, it's a no brainer China can't fund WHO back to back at that amount for free, and Russia no even send us.

The USA is that big brother that sends us money every time we ask, we think it's our right. when he doesn't we call family meeting and start calling him names

Like you said world power no be by mouth carry responsibility for back make we know how far.

God bless you 100% x 10... amen..

2 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by seanwilliam(m): 7:32am On Jul 08, 2020
TOPCRUISE:

We understand. But his reason for withdrawibg are selfish and stupid
what has america benefited from WHO??

America has been funding WHO for the past 15 years back to back with Americans tax payer money .. imagine that using a part of your earning to fund some organisations which dont have give you any benefits in return... and same organisation conspiring against you . Think about... china can take it up, Russia can take it up..
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by rottennaija(m): 7:33am On Jul 08, 2020
Mantee:
Two things I can summarise here.
1. China covered up Covid 19 and 2. WHO helped China did that.

Assuming the above scenario is true, I have the following questions beginning for answers with explanation.

1. What's importance of America secret agencies like CIA. They couldn't uncover what China was doing with the virus early enough to help the country. Would America have depended on any World organisation for attack to her citizens if it is physical. Are we saying the intelligence communities do not cover biological and chemical weapons detection. Covid 19 falls into biological weapon category. America cannot claim ignorance of how secretive China could be as far as information is concern. The question is why should America depends on China for information on covid 19 100%.
2. WHO staff comprises both Americans and other nationals. Are we saying the Americans among the staff covered up for China as well.

I have two conclusive statements here.
1. There was a failure of intelligence gathering by America on covid 19

2. If the above is negative there is a failure of leadership right now in America

You didn't include the fact that USA has CIA asset embedded in these organisations, including WHO.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by rottennaija(m): 7:33am On Jul 08, 2020
seanwilliam:
WHO was created for a reason.. u don't expect america to be everywhere at the same time.. shey na only America dey this world ni ..that's why we have WHO for something like that .. and normally every country would rely on them for first hand info

Even with their CIA asset embedded in these organisations?

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by MrBONE2(m): 7:34am On Jul 08, 2020
SmartProf:
Terrible news...its like big brother withdrawing from the big brother house. This will affect global health funding seriously. However, another powerful nation will step into the ring and do the needful
grin

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by MrBONE2(m): 7:36am On Jul 08, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Hushpuppi's case has shown that when there's life, there's hope. He applied for a US visa but was refused, when it was his time to be lucky, the American govt came to take him to their country from Dubai without a visa but on a free flight. He neither paid for visa nor flight ticket. Its good to be patient and hopeful. grin grin grin
grin

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by hustla(m): 7:41am On Jul 08, 2020
SmartProf:
Terrible news...its like big brother withdrawing from the big brother house. This will affect global health funding seriously. However, another powerful nation will step into the ring and do the needful

China and Russia
wink
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Jochabed(f): 7:42am On Jul 08, 2020
solostar1:

Where is your evidence that the virus was created by the Chinese
You didn't watch the documentary on CNN! I've forgotten what it was tagged, but it was stated that it was created in a Chinese lab.
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by seanwilliam(m): 7:44am On Jul 08, 2020
rottennaija:

US tax payers don't fund shit.
They didn't finish funding their deficit budget and their huge depth they will now be funding profligate spending and embezzlement?

The US Federal Reserve print money out of nothing without recourse to the US tax payers. Its the system they created and that is why they are able to print and print lots of cash without answering to anyone and worse of all, the money isn't backed by anything tangible and the world knows it. China and Russia has been buying gold in large quantities over the past years in preparation for the collapse of the US dollars, which is inevitable.
you are the most senseless nairalander... you are very wicked and deceptious for feeding people with wrong information with full confidence... koshi danu!
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by rottennaija(m): 7:46am On Jul 08, 2020
seanwilliam:
you are the most senseless nairalander... you are very wicked and deceptious for feeding people with wrong information with full confidence... koshi danu!

And yet you cannot provide a good counter than call names. I expected you with sense to provide a true information.

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by LaReinaa(f): 7:47am On Jul 08, 2020
This development is definitely going to affect most African countries but I won’t blame Trump on this..
there’s a whole lot WHO ain’t telling us about this ChineseVirus! They should be properly investigated.
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Mayflowa(m): 7:47am On Jul 08, 2020
LivingSage:
The main sponsor!
Africa will feel the heat as the main receiving end but least contributor

Africa needs to put their home in other. Contrary to general thinking, aids from foreign govt and international bodies makes a little percent, less than 10%, sometime less than 5% of an African country's budget.
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by rottennaija(m): 7:47am On Jul 08, 2020
Tobechuckwu:

If u really wanna know d truth about Covid-19, please don't watch CNN. Watch other news channel nd add things up urself

Like which one?

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by seanwilliam(m): 7:49am On Jul 08, 2020
rottennaija:

And yet you cannot provide a good counter than call names. I expected you with sense to provide a true information.
why do I even need to provide info for a wicked dumbass with 100% entitlement mentality like you .. u think directly or indirectly you will not feel it if america falls?... anyway we know your type .you are the type wey him life don rotten, kon dey find who to join body..koshi danu!
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by wirinet(m): 7:50am On Jul 08, 2020
SmartPolician:

Oga, while I do not support Trump's decision to withdraw from the WHO, you are being selfish.
That's ironic. You are supporting someone that promotes me and my country first as being selfless, but calling someone that support helping WHO and other poor countries selfish.

I don't think the WHO has particularly done anything special for the US other than the US contributing significantly to its funding.
USA, UK, China and most of the industrialised world does not need the help of WHO, it's poor countries like Togo, Bangladesh, Nicaragua, etc that WHO helps in saving million of lives.

Over the years, China has been challenging the US as an emerging world's power, it's time for the East to start shouldering some of the responsibilities that the US used to carry.
Does it then make sense for US to surrender to its world power status to China. You think China cannot afford the $400 million contributions to WHO to take absolute control if it further's their interests. This is a China that is ready to give Africa billions of dollars to take control of the continent.

The US and her citizens have really tried for our world, yet many people hate them for no reason. Bill Gates, for instance, is the highest individual contributor to the WHO, with a contribution bigger than those of 10 African countries combined.
Who has argued that the US have not tried for the world?
African countries contribute little to WHO because they are dead poor. They have non existent public health care services. WHO is the main reason why diseases like polio, meningitis, measles had not decimated your African brothers. Who is solely responsible for controlling and managing the treatment of AIDS in Africa.

On the other hand, I like presidents like this: people who are bold enough to break away from the norms - something I expected from the tall slowpoke in Aso Rock.
You also want us to walk away from regional and global bodies to prove Nigeria is strong abi? You want Buhari to withdraw from ECOWAS to show strength.

If all countries adapt Trump's approach, and put it's country first in all issues despite the concern of others, we will slip into WW3 very fast. These world bodies had succeeded in giving us the longest period of relative peace in world history.

If the so-called beneficiaries of the WHO cannot man up to their responsibility, they should cease to exist.

No problem to the developed world. It's your cousins, brothers, sisters and tribesmen back home that will start dying of simple diseases like Measles, Small pox, malaria, cholera, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by rottennaija(m): 7:51am On Jul 08, 2020
seanwilliam:
why do I even need to provide info for a wicked dumbass with 100% entitlement mentality like you .. u think directly or indirectly you will not feel it if america falls?... anyway we know your type .you are the type wey him life don rotten, kon dey find who to join body..koshi danu!

Trash post.
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by seanwilliam(m): 7:54am On Jul 08, 2020
rottennaija:

Trash post.
if quote me again , I will gun you down
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by wirinet(m): 7:54am On Jul 08, 2020
LaReinaa:
This development is definitely going to affect most African countries but I won’t blame Trump on this..
there’s a whole lot WHO ain’t telling us about this ChineseVirus! They should be properly investigated.
Why won't you blame Trump's (as if you can ever blame trump for anything ). Why throw away the baby with the bath water? Why can the US as the largest contributor of WHO, call for a reform of WHO to make it more efficient? Will the destruction of WHO help stop other even deadly pandemics if it starts from China again?

2 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by bluefilm: 7:55am On Jul 08, 2020
wirinet:

Just one century ago, Germany was the world superpower. It took the combined effort of USA, Britain and it's colonies, USSR and a defeated France to bring Germany down. USA can't take on the whole world and hope to win.

The USA needs the world more than the world need USA. Some small countries had bullshited the USA and survived. Libya thrived without the USA for decades until they brought Gaddafi and Libya down. Iran thrived for decades without USA and now, they are blackmailing the rest of the world not to do business with Iran.

If all the world stop using the dollar as the international currency of trade, the US economy will crash overnight.

USA greatness was because of the respect and trust the whole world gave to them.

Guy let's stop beating about the bush.

Let's just tell ourselves the gospel truth.

America is truly great.

Unlike most other countries who can be identified as being great either in one or two aspects of human endeavor, America is truly great in ALL facets.

From having the best universities, to having the best health facilities, to having the greatest entertainment industry, to having the best military, to being the land of the free, to having the best economy that keeps attracting people from all over the world to come and seek the 'American Dream'!

You name it!

America has it all.

My point is: The world needs America more than America needs the rest of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by solostar1: 7:55am On Jul 08, 2020
seanwilliam:

Counter what he said and stop attacking the messenger.
Stop the emotional blackmail to get him to shut up.
seanwilliam:

seanwilliam:

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by seanwilliam(m): 7:56am On Jul 08, 2020
solostar1:

grin your hand is even shaking quoting me
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by wirinet(m): 7:58am On Jul 08, 2020
igwegeorgiano:
In actual sense WHO has not done much to salvage the ugly situation caused by the covid andemics dealing with world economy. So if USA is withdrawing, it's means a lot and I won't be surprised if China decides to start from where USA stopped but will China have same financial muscle to carry the WHO burden? I strongly doubt that.

Are you serious or joking? You are telling me China cannot donate $400 million to WHO if it wants too, or it will be a burden to China?
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by seanwilliam(m): 7:58am On Jul 08, 2020
bluefilm:

Guy let's stop beating about the bush.

Let's just tell ourselves the gospel truth.

America is truly great.

Unlike most other countries who can be identified as being either in one or two aspects of human endeavor, America is truly great in all facets.

From having the best universities, to having the best health facilities, to having the greatest entertainment industry, to having the best military, to being the land of the free, to having the best economy that keeps attracting people from all over the world to come and seek the 'American Dream'!

You name it!

America has it all.

My point is: The world needs America more than America needs the rest of the world.

nah..as much as I support america in all ramifications, i can't dispute the fact that america needs the world more ..

No country can survive running alone in this century

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by duality(m): 7:59am On Jul 08, 2020
netpro:
Due to poor response and management, Trump has to bear the blame for the deaths of over 130,000 Americans.

Trump will be voted out come November.

To the rest of the world, the United States of America is now, officially, a "Shithole Country".

What do you think should have been the right response
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by seanwilliam(m): 7:59am On Jul 08, 2020
wirinet:

Are you serious or joking? You are telling me China cannot donate $400 million to WHO if it wants too, or it will be a burden to China?
can they do that without any benefit in return??can they do that back to back for free?
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by LaReinaa(f): 8:03am On Jul 08, 2020
wirinet:

Why won't you blame Trump's (as if you can ever blame trump for anything ). Why throw away the baby with the bath water? Why can the US as the largest contributor of WHO, call for a reform of WHO to make it more efficient? Will the destruction of WHO help stop other even deadly pandemics if it starts from China again?
Destruction of WHO? How?
He is only withdrawing his support and he has every right to do so..
The so called confused WHO should have treaded carefully before conniving with China to destroy the whole world.

And yes, Trump will never do wrong in my eyes grin, he made the right call.. WHO should go Bleep themselves grin

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by solostar1: 8:05am On Jul 08, 2020
seanwilliam:
grin your hand is even shaking quoting me

Same way your brain is shaking from getting a good counter to what he said.
Now go and play outside Man-Boy, this is not Hollywood.

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by wirinet(m): 8:05am On Jul 08, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
Many of you on this forum just write whatever comes to your mind. Donald Trump ain't a fool and he knows what he's doing. WHO has been a huge disappointment since the outbreak of this pandemic. Britain left European Union and they are doing just fine. WHO needs America and not the other way round get it

Britain that is about to go into recession doing fine? Ignorance.
The effects of Brexit has not hit yet, as they are still in the transition period, which will last 2 years.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by seanwilliam(m): 8:08am On Jul 08, 2020
solostar1:

Same way your brain is shaking from getting a good counter to what he said.

Now go and play outside Man-Boy, this is not Hollywood.
thank God you did not deny.. now cry along dumbass grin
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by LaReinaa(f): 8:11am On Jul 08, 2020
TOPCRUISE:

We understand. But his reason for withdrawibg are selfish and stupid
How so?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Cyril Ramaphosa: 10 Things To Know About South Africa’s New President / Afghan Evacuations Must Be Completed By 31st August- Taliban(Pics, Video) / Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.