Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,125 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation (39797 Views)

French Troops Begin Withdrawal From Niger Republic / Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" / Trump's Administration Is "Irresponsible" - Joe Biden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by idahme(m): 2:42am On Jul 08, 2020
EyezofGod120:
cheesy ncdc no dey even send us messages again,,,

Code red on account....
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by SmartPolician: 2:49am On Jul 08, 2020
wunmi590:
undecided

Why does this man like destroying things painting his image black infront of international community, what is his gain?

WHO that has been in existence even before he started nursing his presidential ambition is what he's withdrawing support from.

Why not probe them and see how they have been spending the money being given to them all this while? Does he think finding a cure to a pandemic disease is that easy?

Yes we know you contribute alot to the growth of WHO, but will you make other country who are benefiting from them suffer just because of your stupidity?

This man is just sick, he's not helping America, but he's destroying their image.

Please don't quote me if you dont have any sensible thing to say, sometimes I throw away my home training to respond harshly.

Oga, while I do not support Trump's decision to withdraw from the WHO, you are being selfish.

I don't think the WHO has particularly done anything special for the US other than the US contributing significantly to its funding.

Over the years, China has been challenging the US as an emerging world's power, it's time for the East to start shouldering some of the responsibilities that the US used to carry.

The US and her citizens have really tried for our world, yet many people hate them for no reason. Bill Gates, for instance, is the highest individual contributor to the WHO, with a contribution bigger than those of 10 African countries combined.

On the other hand, I like presidents like this: people who are bold enough to break away from the norms - something I expected from the tall slowpoke in Aso Rock.

If the so-called beneficiaries of the WHO cannot man up to their responsibility, they should cease to exist.

5 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:34am On Jul 08, 2020
Hezzyluv:
Bad new for WHO. Muffler removed from a silencer
Stupid decision from Trump
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by igwegeorgiano(m): 3:36am On Jul 08, 2020
In actual sense WHO has not done much to salvage the ugly situation caused by the covid andemics dealing with world economy. So if USA is withdrawing, it's means a lot and I won't be surprised if China decides to start from where USA stopped but will China have same financial muscle to carry the WHO burden? I strongly doubt that.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Ayt27(m): 3:45am On Jul 08, 2020
wunmi590:

No doubt, both countries can take over, America has the largest support.

My brother honestly, it made mo sense, not even now that he's seeking for reelection.

Major funding for over 20 years without compromising and without being the major beneficiary is the issue. If China and Russia can do that then no problem.

Only the Saud's may want to do that and I think it will be for image laundering, but even then $450-500M per year no be beans.

SmartPolician:

Over the years, China has been challenging the US as an emerging world's power, it's time for the East to start shouldering some of the responsibilities that the US used to carry.

The US and her citizens have really tried for our world, yet many people hate them for no reason. Bill Gates is the highest individual contributor to the WHO, with a contribution bigger than those of 10 African countries combined.

Ironically it's an American that's the highest individual contributor, Bill gates should be the richest man in the world but he's donated over $25bn worldwide.

Even if the world and WHO adjusts dem go know say funding commot for table. I'm sure 3 out of 5 Americans will tell you they agree with Trump esp if the money is coming out of the taxpayers and just because of that, they can vote for him.

If not for the corona virus Trump would win that election hands down, jobs were on the increase and even Black and Latino Americans said they were going to vote for Trump, I wouldn't put it past China to have wanted to sabotage Trump from start and if China did, then it's the coward's way to fight back after the sanctions and to get him out of office.

This just shows China can't do a Head on collision with the US

Common Huawei wey US sanction China dey shout, seeing how major US companies like FB, Google, Twitter are all banned in China.

In trade war China will lose the most, it's a no brainer China can't fund WHO back to back at that amount for free, and mtcheew Russia no even send us.

The USA is that big brother that sends us money every time we ask, we think it's our right. when he doesn't we call family meeting and start calling him names

Like you said world power no be by mouth carry responsibility for back make we know how far.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:48am On Jul 08, 2020
Trump turned his back to the world. Only illiterates and foóls will blame WHO for this current pandemic. WHO comprises you and I. Trump made a decision that the United States will forever turn his back to the world on health matters. His action is Tantamount to blaming member countries for the spread of the virus and justifying the United States as the only responsible country effective in combating the spread of the virus.

It's sad that some commentators are not thinking straight but clapping for USA arrogant decision but time will tell when every member nation's decide to withdraw as well, then you will know WHO is not a country, but a person, an entity, an organization expecting a complimentary effort from every member nation in promoting human lives

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:50am On Jul 08, 2020
SmartPolician:

Oga, while I do not support Trump's decision to withdraw from the WHO, you are being selfish.

I don't think the WHO has particularly done anything special for the US other than the US contributing significantly to its funding.

The US and her citizens have really tried for our world, yet many people hate them for no reason. Bill Gates is the highest individual contributor to the WHO, with a contribution bigger than those of 10 African countries combined.

I like presidents like this: people who are bold enough to break away from the norms. If the so-called beneficiaries of the WHO cannot man up to their responsibility, they should cease to exist.
We understand. But his reason for withdrawibg are selfish and stupid
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by truthstands01: 3:54am On Jul 08, 2020
netpro:
Due to poor response and management, Trump has to bear the blame for the deaths of over 130,000 Americans.

Trump will be voted out come November.

To the rest of the world, the United States of America is now, officially, a "Shithole Country".

Are you really serious? Of what benefit is the crooked WHO that connived with China to cover up the virus for months and put the whole in danger today. There's no way WHO will claim they were not aware of the virus. U.S is their main sponsor but they betrayed them. Trump is smart. WHO and China will pay for this and Trump will be reelected in a massive landslide in November. Mark my words.

4 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Nobody: 3:59am On Jul 08, 2020
Austineva:
Better! Those people are bunch of Idiots with no value! See them!
When two elephants fight, the grass suffers. You have no idea that Africans will suffer the consequences more, do you? Common sense isn't common anymore!

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Nobody: 4:00am On Jul 08, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Hushpuppi's case has shown that when there's life, there's hope. He applied for a US visa but was refused, when it was his time to be lucky, the American govt came to take him to their country from Dubai without a visa but on a free flight. He neither paid for visa nor flight ticket. Its good to be patient and hopeful. grin grin grin
Quite hilarious grin grin
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Tobechuckwu(m): 5:17am On Jul 08, 2020
wunmi590:

Honestly, I'm aware, since they are the largest funder of WHO, there should be a step toward this rather than just cutting them off completely.

I'm only fighting for other country who are really benefiting from them at large, and Nigeria my country is also among.

He should have just probe the authorities sue them and let new and clean people take over the affairs
I think WHO should have done a thorough check about covid-19 before supporting China. China is evil nd they will never fund WHO like USA. WHO should have put other countries into consideration before taking a stand for China.
Do u think China care about WHO? China do not give a Bleep about any health organization that's not their own.
I think it's better for USA to withdraw all funding to WHO nd see how WHO will survive. With regards to Africa countries, they all have d resources, but their leaders are d problem. They will all be alright las last.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by akigbemaru: 5:21am On Jul 08, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
Hushpuppi's case has shown that when there's life, there's hope. He applied for a US visa but was refused, when it was his time to be lucky, the American govt came to take him to their country from Dubai without a visa but on a free flight. He neither paid for visa nor flight ticket. Its good to be patient and hopeful. grin grin grin
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Nobody: 5:37am On Jul 08, 2020
Maxymilliano:
Trump finally lived up to his words to set America swiftly on a new path"

New path of irrelevance in the international community!
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by kareemkamil(m): 5:39am On Jul 08, 2020
Trump response to matter will bring USA downfall, what type of president is this
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by rottennaija(m): 6:10am On Jul 08, 2020
Golan007:

Some of you are truly comical.

You can't read signs even if they were written in your blood.

That's what they are fed by trump and they swallow it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by alezzy13: 6:12am On Jul 08, 2020
igwegeorgiano:
In actual sense WHO has not done much to salvage the ugly situation caused by the covid andemics dealing with world economy. So if USA is withdrawing, it's means a lot and I won't be surprised if China decides to start from where USA stopped but will China have same financial muscle to carry the WHO burden? I strongly doubt that.

You guys still don't get it. WHO is not a world police, they have no means of enforcement. Their main duty is advisory and it is expected world leaders follow.

Even Trump that refuses to take the advise of his own experts like Fauci and co, do you think he would listen to WHO?

Yes, WHO might have made some mistakes, but they've done an excellent job providing useful advise andnl direct support.
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by rottennaija(m): 6:12am On Jul 08, 2020
Tobechuckwu:

I think WHO should have done a thorough check about covid-19 before supporting China. China is evil nd they will never fund WHO like USA. WHO should have put other countries into consideration before taking a stand for China.
Do u think China care about WHO? China do not give a Bleep about any health organization that's not their own.
I think it's better for USA to withdraw all funding to WHO nd see how WHO will survive. With regards to Africa countries, they all have d resources, but their leaders are d problem. They will all be alright las last.

And Trump who supported China and call the virus a hoax? Has he taken responsibility for his callousness?
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:13am On Jul 08, 2020
netpro:
Due to poor response and management, Trump has to bear the blame for the deaths of over 130,000 Americans.

Trump will be voted out come November.

To the rest of the world, the United States of America is now, officially, a "Shithole Country".
Many of you on this forum just write whatever comes to your mind. Donald Trump ain't a fool and he knows what he's doing. WHO has been a huge disappointment since the outbreak of this pandemic. Britain left European Union and they are doing just fine. WHO needs America and not the other way round get it

2 Likes

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by authority2006(m): 6:18am On Jul 08, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Lets see if WHO will survive this

Who is WHO greatest beneficiaries? Developing countries, my friend. You're supposed to be crying instead of rejoicing
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by authority2006(m): 6:22am On Jul 08, 2020
Maxymilliano:
Trump finally lived up to his words to set America swiftly on a new path"

What is that new path if I may ask? I will be glad if Trump withdraws from the UN, the platform USA normally uses to attack any country it deemed it fits. The same country refused to be binded by the ICC
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by alezzy13: 6:22am On Jul 08, 2020
thattnaijaman:
Can you tell us how he poorly handled the pandemic.

How can you prepare for a disease that never existed before. A disease that has no cure.

Mind you all medical tools needed for the fight like ppe, face masks were produced in china a policy obama made.

I read a lot of comments here, believe me a lot of you think through your nyansh.

Really? A leader who kept downplaying the severity of the virus till recently? ("It's just the flu')

While other countries were seriously ramping up testing in the early days, he was busy playing golf and holding rallies.

Until the show of shame of his daily briefings were put on hold, was it not the usual display of his buffoonery? If he's not contradicting his health experts, he will making wild fake claim or worse, telling people to try unproven untested therapy.

You and your brainwashed ilk worship Trump and hail his every move no matter how dumb, But at least try to use little sense once in a while.

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by rottennaija(m): 6:24am On Jul 08, 2020
truthstands01:

Are you really serious? Of what benefit is the crooked WHO that connived with China to cover up the virus for months and put the whole in danger today. There's no way WHO will claim they were not aware of the virus. U.S is their main sponsor but they betrayed them. Trump is smart. WHO and China will pay for this and Trump will be reelected in a massive landslide in November. Mark my words.

Why has other countries not suffer the same brunt as the USA? Every other countries in the world learnt of this virus the same Time USA learnt of it.
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by alezzy13: 6:24am On Jul 08, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
Many of you on this forum just write whatever comes to your mind. Donald Trump ain't a fool and he knows what he's doing. WHO has been a huge disappointment since the outbreak of this pandemic. Britain left European Union and they are doing just fine. WHO needs America and not the other way round get it

Indeed, that's why he was telling people to take disinfectant to manage covid.

Nonsense
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by rottennaija(m): 6:25am On Jul 08, 2020
alezzy13:

Really? A leader who kept downplaying the severity of the virus till recently? ("It's just the flu')

While other countries were seriously ramping up testing in the early days, he was busy playing golf and holding rallies.

Until the show of shame of his daily briefings were put on hold, was it not the usual display of his buffoonery? If he's not contradicting his health experts, he will making wild fake claim or worse, telling people to try unproven untested therapy.

You and your brainwashed ilk worship Trump and hail his every move no matter how dumb, But at least try to use little sense once in a while.

thattnaijaman

Do you want to mind him? Now he is trying to blame Obama. Did Obama also throw away the playbook? Did Obama also disband the pandemic team? Did Obama also downplay the pandemic for months? Is Obama also printing trump campaign banners in China?

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by authority2006(m): 6:29am On Jul 08, 2020
Fearlez:
America's greatest problem are spineless liberals and demonic desperate democrats.

The WHO needs America more. It has lost track with science.

Lol. Who is WHO? Who are the people who are going to be hurt badly because of this decision? Not the bunch of people assembled worldwide as WHO officials but the developing countries.
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by kadiri3(m): 6:34am On Jul 08, 2020
yanabasee1:
This way, W.H.O will hurry up and find the cure for Covid-19.......

so no medicine but we are hearing people that contact the virus are cure.coro na scam
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by alezzy13: 6:35am On Jul 08, 2020
Whether we like it or not covid 19 will not be these last outbreak.

That is why defunding WHO and other public health agencies is the most self defeating move any leader can make, which Trump has been doing systematically over the years. He started with his own CDC, the pandemic response team which Obama put in place, and now it is WHO.

Those celebrating this move, you really think if another outbreak occurs (God forbid) any country will be spared? are you guys really that ignorant? Yes it can shut it's borders, but for how long?

Whether we like it or not, the world is now highly interconnected, that is why we need agencies like WHO now more than ever before.

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by seanwilliam(m): 6:37am On Jul 08, 2020
wunmi590:
undecided

Why does this man like destroying things painting his image black infront of international community, what is his gain?

WHO that has been in existence even before he started nursing his presidential ambition is what he's withdrawing support from.

Why not probe them and see how they have been spending the money being given to them all this while? Does he think finding a cure to a pandemic disease is that easy?

Yes we know you contribute alot to the growth of WHO, but will you make other country who are benefiting from them suffer just because of your stupidity?

This man is just sick, he's not helping America, but he's destroying their image.

Please don't quote me if you dont have any sensible thing to say, sometimes I throw away my home training to respond harshly.
see entitlement mentality.. koshi danu joor
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:39am On Jul 08, 2020
saxywale1:

Is that what the dilector told you grin

If you a strategist you would understand, how come no vaccine or cure since??, the world is shutting down, the world is collapsing economically, WHO Dey cashout, you no know na for crisis some people Dey cash out? Use your brain, it’s 2020..
Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by alezzy13: 6:40am On Jul 08, 2020
rottennaija:

thattnaijaman

Do you want to mind the fool? Now he is trying to blame Obama. Did Obama also throw away the playbook? Did Obama also disband the pandemic team? Did Obama also downplay the pandemic for months? Is Obama also printing trump campaign banners in China?

shocked shocked Can you imagine! His brainwashed crew will not see this now.

Well you have to give it to Trump, he really knows how to manipulate people and feed them fat with his constant deceit and lies. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Trump Administration Begins Formal Withdrawal From World Health Organisation by seanwilliam(m): 6:42am On Jul 08, 2020
leaculpa:

I feel sorry for all these hiv patients if funding is withdrawn. Dts when they'll know that their daily antiretroviral drugs are very expensive.
I just dey pity them... and some dumbass in Nigeria would be saying nonsense to trump... now directly or indirectly we would all feel the hit...
They always find way to talk bad about America.. now that he don withdraw support, let's see how they(trump haters) would Find alternative... let's see how many people would die before they get alternative ( that's even if they see).. simeone who has never done anything to help humanity would be bad mouthing America on behalf of muslims and china... we go see nah

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Cyril Ramaphosa: 10 Things To Know About South Africa’s New President / Afghan Evacuations Must Be Completed By 31st August- Taliban(Pics, Video) / Lessons I Learnt From 2016 US Presidental Elections: Donald Trump's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.