Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,513 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) (70651 Views)

Ihedioha Destroyed Another Monument Built By Okorocha / Bridge With No Rod Constructed By Okorocha Collapses (Video) / Ihedioha Begins Demolition Of Monuments Built By Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by leicestercamper: 8:27am On Jul 09, 2020
akinegba1:
More from the demolition. Okorocha wasted Imo state monies building substandard projects that posed safety challenges to Imolites.

Okorocha has incurred over 200 billion naira debt with nothing to show for it.

Owerri today is in shambles, littered with bad roads and filth. Okorocha was a mistake and a wasted 8yrs

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by chukzyfcbb: 8:29am On Jul 09, 2020
If truly these projects are substandard, then not only okorocha is corrupt. The contractors, engineers involved are corrupt.

How can you jeopardize quality for profit knowing how sensitive this project is. If this shit collapses, it will lead to loss of human lives.

after we will say Buhari is corrupt, the engineers who built it is equally corrupt.

Except this is just to discredit okorochas work, the engineers involved too should be brought to book
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by JeffreyD1(m): 8:29am On Jul 09, 2020
Dewze:

All that foundation and philanthropy thing was a ruse, they were all for gubernatorial purposes. It is just sad that you guys failed to see it then and even sadder that you still fail to see it now.

My brother if you go to my village all the old women always praise rochas and his wife
All because any festive period like easter, August or Xmas rochas wife normally bring wrapper and 3k for them even my mom benefited
My mom can't stand you criticize Rocha's lol
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by SocialJustice: 8:30am On Jul 09, 2020
J111333:
Huge amount of money wasted just like that.
Okorocha made a big fool of himself as Governor in Imo state.
Tufia
Dedinitely, I looked up to him at some point. He unravelled himself by becoming governor.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by leicestercamper: 8:30am On Jul 09, 2020
realstars:
Ihedioma Is Vindicated, Okorocha Is Okrika Man

True talk. Now a fellow APC member is destroying everything okoroawusa built, to prove the point that okoroawusa built substandard projects and looted the state. Imo state has been taken 200yrs backwards with okoroawusa wasted 8yrs

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by ABBAkyari: 8:31am On Jul 09, 2020
temptnow:
Rochas is the biggest fraudster in the history of Africa.

But he's lucky he's in Nigeria

Can't agree less with you
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 8:33am On Jul 09, 2020
TONYE001:

Come on bros, just look at this tunnel and truthfully ask yourself if the demolition was a good call?

See the rods? The concrete? See the flooding (that would further weaken the architecture overtime)?

Let's stop defending these politicians that continue to steal our common wealth for their personal good.

If things were right in our nation, Mr. Rochas and a WHOOOLLLLEE lot of politicians would have been behind bars!

It really pains me how youths come out to defend these thieves and their parties. These guys steal from you and I every other day. They've deprived us of good roads, quality education and healthcare, security, quality life, you name it! Why aren't we angry enough? Why aren't we mad? We still go back to the ballot and elect them into office. Imagine Rochas in the Senate! What is he doing there, really? We should be asking ourselves these questions!

Thing is, are you comfortable like this? How about your family? Kids? Siblings? Are you OK with the way they run Nigeria? Is Buhari doing well? Did Jonathan do well? What of OBJ? Why are we still worshiping them?

Are you a student? Did you school in Nigeria? Did you have all the technology you need(ed)? Have you been to the hospital recently? I can go on and on and on.

My brother, I beg, make we stop to dey defend these guys. Rochas and his likes are thieves. Criminals. Rokes. Looters. They have no place in the free society. They all should be behind hars, forever with no chance of a parole.

Good morning and have a great time today.

You are only being deceived. What you are seeing is neither the motorway nor the completed tunnel. The media can deceive the ignorant and I ask if the tunnel has stayed 5 years unshaken what makes you think it is substandard?
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by leicestercamper: 8:34am On Jul 09, 2020
True talk bro cheesy

TONYE001:

Come on bros, just look at this tunnel and truthfully ask yourself if the demolition was a good call?

See the rods? The concrete? See the flooding (that would further weaken the architecture overtime)?

Let's stop defending these politicians that continue to steal our common wealth for their personal good.

If things were right in our nation, Mr. Rochas and a WHOOOLLLLEE lot of politicians would have been behind bars!

It really pains me how youths come out to defend these thieves and their parties. These guys steal from you and I every other day. They've deprived us of good roads, quality education and healthcare, security, quality life, you name it! Why aren't we angry enough? Why aren't we mad? We still go back to the ballot and elect them into office. Imagine Rochas in the Senate! What is he doing there, really? We should be asking ourselves these questions!

Thing is, are you comfortable like this? How about your family? Kids? Siblings? Are you OK with the way they run Nigeria? Is Buhari doing well? Did Jonathan do well? What of OBJ? Why are we still worshiping them?

Are you a student? Did you school in Nigeria? Did you have all the technology you need(ed)? Have you been to the hospital recently? I can go on and on and on.

My brother, I beg, make we stop to dey defend these guys. Rochas and his likes are thieves. Criminals. Rokes. Looters. They have no place in the free society. They all should be behind hars, forever with no chance of a parole.

Good morning and have a great time today.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by TONYE001(m): 8:36am On Jul 09, 2020
Abagworo:

You are only being deceived. What you are seeing is neither the motorway nor the completed tunnel. The media can deceive the ignorant and I ask if the tunnel has stayed 5 years unshaken what makes you think it is substandard?

1. I know that tunnel beyond this picture. I don't live at Owerri but I pass through often.

2. My submission is beyond this project.

3. No, Rochas and his contractors didn't do well here at all.

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by proeast(m): 8:37am On Jul 09, 2020
AmazingELixir:

[s]
Stop using Umahi as a case study...gaan see what Wike is doing in Rivers state or even Udom of Akwa ibom.[/s]

Primitive tribalism has messed you up. Imagine this guy telling someone to stop using Umahi as a case study of good governance. That he should use Wike or Udom shocked

Really?! Rivers State and Akwa Ibom each have annual budgets in excess of 500 billion naira while Ebonyi struggles with just about 100 billion naira yet there ain't much difference between them in terms of projects delivered. Do you know what only an additional 100 billion naira given to Umahi can do?? If Umahi is given half of what Wike or Udom has at their disposal, he will perform more than the two of them combined.

Ebonyi is in the category of Ekiti state in terms of revenue and when they were created, but can you compare both states now?!

We Igbos don't suffer fools gladly, we call them out when they mess up, just as we are doing with characters like T.A Orji, Rochas, Okezie Ikpeazu so we don't celebrate mediocrity or close our eyes like some others do.

I'm not a fan of Umahi but the man is already in the hall of fame among the greatest administrators from the East. I personally rate him third after Michael Okpara and Dee Sam Mbakwe.

3 Likes

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 8:38am On Jul 09, 2020
chukzyfcbb:
If truly these projects are substandard, then not only okorocha is corrupt. The contractors, engineers involved are corrupt.

How can you jeopardize quality for profit knowing how sensitive this project is. If this shit collapses, it will lead to loss of human lives.

after we will say Buhari is corrupt, the engineers who built it is equally corrupt.

Except this is just to discredit okorochas work, the engineers involved too should be brought to book

You are wise. The contractor who built this tunnel is in Uzodinma's government and well known. If indeed it is about quality of work then the contractor should be held responsible but we all know it isn't so it's all about trying to discredit an innocent man. The caption, photos and comments points to giving a dog bad name rather than laying bare an important information.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Deelaw(m): 8:42am On Jul 09, 2020
EastGold:
Pọtọpọtọ everywhere. That's the trademark of IPOB lands

Ogbeni get your scratched face out of this post. Your opinion is as useless as you are, It's not needed here.
As u can see, no one gives a rat ass about you

Thank you!
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by jaxxy(m): 8:43am On Jul 09, 2020
Hope is bringing hope.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by leicestercamper: 8:43am On Jul 09, 2020
The useless culvert tunnel is obviously substandard just like all other projects done by okoroawusa. The governor has in his wisdom done structural assessment of that culvert and confirmed that it is substandard. Look at even the type of rod used for such a project

chukzyfcbb:

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by longayink: 8:45am On Jul 09, 2020
akinegba1:
More from the demolition. Okorocha wasted Imo state monies building substandard projects that posed safety challenges to Imolites.

Okorocha has incurred over 200 billion naira debt with nothing to show for it.

Owerri today is in shambles, littered with bad roads and filth. Okorocha was a mistake and a wasted 8yrs

You talk about Owerri as filth. But Orlu the next most populated urban centre after Owerri is a shame to Imo state; but shortsighted people in Imo state no longer see Imo state beyond the state capital.

Rochas Okorocha left the impression that Owerri is Imo state, as he built nearly everything he considered as development project in the state capital.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 8:48am On Jul 09, 2020
TONYE001:

1. I know that tunnel beyond this picture. I don't live at Owerri but I pass through often.

The tunnel you know is it like the first photo shown by OP or this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDOnvV9SEtc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMdq-DqXIec
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by leicestercamper: 8:53am On Jul 09, 2020
TONYE001:

The culvert tunnel just like all the projects of okoroawusa is substandard.

Uzodimma is in APC just like okorocha, so no one can say this is a political witch hunt.

Okoroawusa was a total failure

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by spirul77: 8:53am On Jul 09, 2020
decatalyst:
The demolishing governor grin

The one and half legges predecessor built substandard structures and roads, the successor has a penchant for demolishing everything associated with the predecessor, either good or bad.

The youth from that side that are supposed to checkmate him are busy with "Lagos is not Edo" Ganduje vs Wike trade of words, Obaseki/Tinubu/oshiomole etc....

Aside from demolishing, is he not suppose to arrest those contractors that carried out this dastardly act?

Continue to demolish ok? In no time, you will level the whole of Imo state. grin grin

That seems to be the the aim of this man. undecided

Interestingly, some people feel offended by what wrote. grin grin

This shows that a few elements are still unable to see that APC & PDP are the same. Here to steal, destroy and engender impoverishment. tongue
that's what baffles me most in this forum, how some people claim being educated and yet still domt know there's no difference between apc and pdp.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by leicestercamper: 8:54am On Jul 09, 2020
Ndi Imo ndo nu cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by longayink: 8:55am On Jul 09, 2020
Technical drawing of tunnel not found shouldn’t have been excuse for demolishing the tunnel.

We all know that the tunnels, like most of Okorocha’s projects, are sub standard.

Imo has become a state where every government buries itself in the state capital demolishing and rebuilding what was already built.

Rest of the state are no-go areas: decadent.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by sidonlook: 8:59am On Jul 09, 2020
decatalyst:

The one and half legges predecessor built substandard structures and roads, the successor has a penchant for demolishing everything associated with the predecessor, either good or bad.

The youth from that side that are supposed to checkmate him are busy with "Lagos is not Edo" Ganduje vs Wike trade of words, Obaseki/Tinubu/oshiomole etc....

Aside from demolishing, is he not suppose to arrest those contractors that carried out this dastardly act?

Continue to demolish ok? In no time, you will level the whole of Imo state. grin grin

This shows that a few elements are still unable to see that APC & PDP are the same. Here to steal, destroy and engender impoverishment. tongue
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Advancedman(m): 8:59am On Jul 09, 2020
decatalyst:

The heading should have been the government versus the contractor.
Media stop overheating the politics.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by AerialMapper: 9:01am On Jul 09, 2020
See what Rochas constructed as underpass in Imo state!!!

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Grandmeister(m): 9:02am On Jul 09, 2020
bigtt76:
Sad ...look at the steel rod diameter, so small for such a project. Unfortunately, the person who awarded the contract is now a senator, such a person cannot attract standard development back to the state yet he was elected a senator undecided
You noticed sef..using 12mm rods for such a project..fucking lunatics.

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by longayink: 9:05am On Jul 09, 2020
leicestercamper:
Ndi Imo ndo nu cheesy

Thank you.

We build and rebuild state capital.

Ralf Nwosu, Imo Commissioner for Works, I cannot hold my head high if I am Imo Commissioner for Works but see this type of road in your hometown.

This is a major road in Orlu Municipal local government area of Imo state .

Population of Owerri is about 1 million, while Orlu is about 430,000 - Google estimates.

1 Like

Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Realdeals(m): 9:06am On Jul 09, 2020
So, the statues are of more quality than the road? Rochas tried o
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Greatidonis: 9:09am On Jul 09, 2020
Give it up for Governor Wike on this, all PH projects Julius Berger.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 09, 2020
Deelaw:

Ogbeni get your scratched face out of this post. Your opinion is as useless as you are, It's not needed here.

Thank you!

I understand your pains bro.
Take heart
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Ecbatana: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2020
Xenowerk4000:

That's Naija for you .

No body elected Okorocha, he was declared winner under duress. That was the reason his certificate of return was withheld until Buhari and his corrupt cronies intervened.
Re: Uzodinma Demolishes Substandard Tunnel Built By Okorocha In Owerri (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2020
Deelaw:

Thank you!

Take heart

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Visits His Farm In Daura Wearing Snickers And Khaftan (Photos) / Akpabio Commissions Four Points By Sheraton Ikot Ekpene / Next Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.