Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,147 members, 7,860,118 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury (43599 Views)

NGO Withdraws Help After Woman Whose Husband Assaulted Her Cries For His Release / Church Elder Caught Having Sex With Wife’s Best Friend Whose Husband Is In Jail / Rotimi Olowo Supports Mother Of Triplets Whose Husband Fled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by faceland: 10:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
Acidosis:

May ignorance not destroy this generation. May be you should visit a teaching hospital to see and observe patients with the condition and confirm whether the situation is anything close to your imagination. We have people like Aiyefele yet you choose to remain ignorant. Dude even dance on Wheels.

In this age of telecommuting and digitisation where people make so much working from home, some of you still believe the man is completely useless? It is well with you.

Don't take it personally, especially if you or someone you know is on a wheelchair. This guy (according to the poster) can't do what those on wheelchair are doing. There are many wheelchair guys taking responsibility, this one can not even be a beggar. He is ALMOST what they call a vegetable just that the brain is still functioning.

It's already 2 years and the husband can't go to work not to talk of bringing money . He can't perform on bed and she has been the one doing the cleaning of all his mess .

It is a bitter truth, but she needs to count her lose and walk away.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Excellentmind: 10:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
miniziter:
It's already 2 years and the husband can't go to work not to talk of bringing money. He can't perform on bed and she has been the one doing the cleaning of all his mess.

The most annoying thing is that the family members of the husband despite being okay financially failed to help the family. Now she planning to either stay with the man and have a cuncubine outside or leave the man outrightly.

Which do you advise?

NB: They just gave to a child and she's still young. On the way, if she leaves the man, he may not see someone that will take care of him like she used to do.

This is an eye opener to men who lust after women but describe it as love. They spend all they have on them to please them and sometimes sever their family ties, just to make them comfortable. In the end, they get nothing other than abandonment and feeling of committing suicide.

Women of this generation are after gain and not marriage; they are poised for personal gains at the expense of whoever they lure into marriage. They often ignore their marriage vows of for better for worse whenever they are fighting against their fates. And that is exactly what is going on here.
However, there is nothing anyone can do to stop her from carrying out her greedy and evil plan because she thinks of herself and herself alone, and once she is satisfied, anybody can burn in hell. But she has forgotten that the act of God does not consider human feelings or gender. She can go ahead with her decision, but prepare to meet karma at a time she least expect.

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Blackmiserable(m): 10:18pm On Jul 16, 2020
Acidosis:

Know yourself, as in? I should tell you that I'm a dog that jumps from skirt to skirt or a sex addict? If I don't know myself based on my personal experiences, so what then do I know?

Where is the idea of frigid coming from? Is she a tree?

I have had more than 5 hrs conversations with a woman in this condition and her experiences are completely different from your imagination.

No man or woman, all creatures, Christian or pagan, born again or not, really knows what they can or can't do in certain situations and you are certainly not an exception. Period.

I said what I said because I believe the spine affects sexual function. Or just asking contextually, what would you do if your wife cannot perform her marital role in the sexual way. Like another poster said, it is easier said than done. Or let me be a bit lewd, what would you do if your wife's bosom and sexual canal had to be removed at once as a result of cancer? How long would you continue with non-penetrative sex?
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Acidosis(m): 10:20pm On Jul 16, 2020
Blackmiserable:

No man or woman, all creatures, Christian or pagan, born again or not, really knows what they can or can't do in certain situations and you are certainly not an exception. Period.

I said what I said because I believe the spine affects sexual function. Or just asking contextually, what would you do if your wife cannot perform her marital role in the sexual way. Like another poster said, it is easier said than done. Or let me be a bit lewd, what would you do if your wife's bosom and sexual canal had to be removed at once as a result of cancer? How long would you continue with non-penetrative sex?

So why would you make vows on your wedding day?

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Blackmiserable(m): 10:30pm On Jul 16, 2020
Acidosis:

So why do you make vows on your wedding day knowing that you could run away one week after your honeymoon?

Why do you ask God's forgiveness knowing full well that you'd still sin?

I am, of course, not going to pat her in the back for seeking sexual gratification outside marriage, but one of the chief reasons, if not the chief reason for marriage is sexual gratification. It has been permanently cut off here.

Despite Paul's somewhat celibate stance, he still makes it clear that people should get married to fulfil sexual lust. So marriage and sex are like tube and tyre. One is more or less redundant without the other. Sex is not one of the many aspects of marriage bro, it is the main thing. That is how mortal man replenishes the earth.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by stormborn28(m): 10:33pm On Jul 16, 2020
soonest:
She should discuss with her husband and have a concubine outside. God forgive me
hmmmmm.. The pvssy must need something that will keep it going..
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Ulunne777(f): 10:35pm On Jul 16, 2020
BiggyB242:
If she was a white woman we wouldn't be having this discussion, she wouldn't go anywhere but most of our Nigerian women only lookout for what they can benefit no true love.

They learnt well from their teachers, Nigerian men.
1.They are polygamous in naTure.
2.A woman would rather die than birth thru cs if not she is useless.
3.They marry graduates and tell them to stay at home. Of course their words are final. Why not marry a non graduate?
4.When their wives are sick they send her to her family to be taken care of while his American counterpart will nurse their wives themselves.

This strong Nigerian woman will nurse a grown man, her baby, go out for their daily needs according to the Op while the white has some health insurance, a steady source of income and a disability allowance from the govt.

It is always the whites who are the best. Why do you Nig men shy away from marriage from them. Because they won't tolerate one hundredth of the nonsense you serve your Nigerian wives.
You are a wicked soul. You have no right to judge her.

2 Likes

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Acidosis(m): 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2020
Blackmiserable:

Why do you ask God's forgiveness knowing full well that you'd still sin?

I am, of course, not going to pat her in the back for seeking sexual gratification outside marriage, but one of the chief reasons, if not the chief reason for marriage is sexual gratification. It has been permanently cut off here.

Despite Paul's somewhat celibate stance, he still makes it clear that people should get married to fulfil sexual lust. So marriage and sex are like tube and tyre. One is more or less redundant without the other. Sex is not one of the many aspects of marriage bro, it is the main thing. That is how mortal man replenishes the earth.

Companionship, not sex, is the main thing. It is not good for a man to be alone (this was the statement that inspired the creation of the woman). If sex was the main and only thing, God would have created women without necessarily instituting marriage. Like dogs and goats, we would be programmed to sleep with anything we come across on the street.

Based on my interpretation of that statement, the woman is the only cure for man's loneliness.

Let's just say I would not agree with cheating under any condition. Whether one spouse travels out of the country for 5 years or another is bedridden. I would, however, agree to divorce if certain conditions remain unbearable. That being said, I would not show or give an iota of respect for one that files for divorce under conditions such as sickness or accident. This is just a personal opinion which a Magistrate may choose to discard or support.

It's a free world but certain things don't align with my belief. The same way some childless couples choose to remain together out of love, while others decide to go "out there" in the guise of replenishing the earth as 'cited' in the Bible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Crochet: 10:58pm On Jul 16, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Testimony1988(m): 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
Its wrong for her to leave him, what happened to the marriage vow she took in the church?
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by 1mansquard: 11:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
Remember d oath... For better for worse . Were are u going?
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by NairaMaster1(m): 11:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
Saintmary:

If the table were turned, would he have stayed?
Would you?

You know the answer. He will stay for medical bills and hired care giver.

Indomie generation woman
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Slurity(m): 11:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Penis no de pain her husband na.... Na back de pain am..... So she can use another sex style to get what she want........
You definitely don't understand what makes penis turgid and remain so until ejaculation
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Ibime(m): 11:40pm On Jul 16, 2020
missjo:
She never truly loved him, and this is a major problem with our generation - people are ultimately looking out for what they'll gain from their partners but masking all that selfish desire with claims of being in love.

Gosh so many of us would fail this test if we were to find ourselves in the same situation, so while I'm critical of her, I'm also critical of myself because I don't know if I'll be any better. embarassed

Post of the day. Refreshing honesty.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by dejavuh0007(m): 11:46pm On Jul 16, 2020
Only women, dogs and children are loved unconditionally. A man is only loved under the condition that he provides something.

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Blackmiserable(m): 11:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
Acidosis:

Companionship, not sex, is the main thing. It is not good for a man to be alone (this was the statement that inspired the creation of the woman). If sex was the main and only thing, God would have created women without necessarily instituting marriage. Like dogs and goats, we would be programmed to sleep with anything we come across on the street.

Based on my interpretation of that statement, the woman is the only cure for man's loneliness.

Let's just say I would not agree with cheating under any condition. Whether one spouse travels out of the country for 5 years or another is bedridden. I would, however, agree to divorce if certain conditions remain unbearable. That being said, I would not show or give an iota of respect for one that files for divorce under conditions such as sickness or accident. This is just a personal opinion which a Magistrate may choose to discard or support.

It's a free world but certain things don't align with my belief. The same way some childless couples choose to remain together out of love, while others decide to go "out there" in the guise of replenishing the earth as 'cited' in the Bible.

I am not going to tell you that History is His Story or that He finds great pleasure looking at man and all the activities of man under the heavens. The wranglings, intrigues, shrewdness, folly, love, madness and all caused by procreation.I'll answer why I think procreation and certainly not companionship is the chief end of marriage and creation of the woman tommorow, but let me ask a simple question. Which pleases the divine the most, the utmost: that one more creature has been birth whose life, times, folly, piety would be something to behold, look carefully at, argue in great depth about or that a man loves his wife madly and the wife does same crazily too. Which one is of more interest to God?
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Ade3131: 11:52pm On Jul 16, 2020
Acidosis:
Poor man. Wish he had a grown up. A grown child is more reliable than the useless woman he called a wife. At least, the child can take him in and care for him. This is why people, both men and women alike, put their kids first and do almost anything to make them happy. Even a bastard, in most instances, is more reliable than the regular and typical selfish partner.

Gosh...! You've got brain.

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by egojeny1(f): 12:01am On Jul 17, 2020
Liliantalks:
very correct , the Mum of a friend of mine had mental issues recently , her husband just took her back to the village saying she was cheating blah blah blah, didn’t even take her to the hospital, he only took her to native doctors ,, last last the woman’s senior sister came around and took her to the hospital, she’s doing better n back with her husband. Just imagine reverse was the case.

The same happened to a relative of mine ,, u know that mental illness that comes with child birth , she was returned to the family. Till she got better and returned to her husband . No financial help , nothing .. madam still went back o
Some men are terrible.

God forbid
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Mycommand: 12:10am On Jul 17, 2020
Third world people mentality! It could be the wife tomorrow.

miniziter:
It's already 2 years and the husband can't go to work not to talk of bringing money. He can't perform on bed and she has been the one doing the cleaning of all his mess.

The most annoying thing is that the family members of the husband despite being okay financially failed to help the family. Now she planning to either stay with the man and have a cuncubine outside or leave the man outrightly.

Which do you advise?

NB: They just gave to a child and she's still young. On the way, if she leaves the man, he may not see someone that will take care of him like she used to do.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Juliearth(f): 12:17am On Jul 17, 2020
miniziter:

Which do you advise?

"...For better and for worse, in sickness and in health..."

I guess she doesn't know the implication of the marital vows she took.

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Lysian: 12:17am On Jul 17, 2020
Did wan pass my power o
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Emmypure: 12:26am On Jul 17, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

What does penis has to do with spinal cord ....

that's where the connection wire from penis to the brain pass, so the signal the brain is sending to the dick to act will not get to it
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by EmzyT: 12:31am On Jul 17, 2020
Kenplay:
Why cant she climb the husband and insert his penis on her wet pussy then ride it.
Just my opinion

So the spinal Cord wey dey say E break never do you? She go still come climb on top? Haba sad
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 17, 2020
miniziter:

Which do you advise?

What happened to love?

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Emmycool85: 1:14am On Jul 17, 2020
Alot... He is correct
Juliusmomoh:

What does penis has to do with spinal cord ....
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by obinoral1179(m): 1:38am On Jul 17, 2020
missjo:
She never truly loved him, and this is a major problem with our generation - people are ultimately looking out for what they'll gain from their partners but masking all that selfish desire with claims of being in love.

Gosh so many of us would fail this test if we were to find ourselves in the same situation, so while I'm critical of her, I'm also critical of myself because I don't know if I'll be any better. embarassed
seriously i love your conclusion...
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by victons(m): 1:46am On Jul 17, 2020
Saintmary:

Oh yes, I am biased. Why?
I am biased because people remember for better or worse when women are in situations like this, but if it were the other way around, they will pat the man in the back.

https://www.nairaland.com/3959073/divorce-journal
but his point was clear, why are you still dragging it.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by baby124: 2:24am On Jul 17, 2020
Have this discussion with your husband. Expect him to be bitter, angry and envious though. If you don’t have kids, I suggest you reconsider the marriage since he can’t even make love to you again. Not to talk of you having more children.

I think you should handle things in a mature way and if you will leave, leave on a good note. Try to check on him and make sure things are well with him. This is a terrible situation to be in.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Ulunne777(f): 3:11am On Jul 17, 2020
Uniquedee:

My dad had desame issue from 2010 and later dies in 2017..

My mum stayed all through.. So many times she was tempted to leave and go continue her life..the daily frustrations of what to eat and how to train us in school..was.much... But she pulled through... Today we're all university graduates and are now taking care of her..

Its really not easy..and not all women can endure and stay without sex like my mum..

She has a toddler who needs to be cared for too. Nobody to help in care giving.

Her situation is even worse than your mom's. Seeing you ppl around will get your mom's mind off somethings and being a bit grown up will ease the burden . Unless a miracle, that guy is a huge burden to this young woman.

She should make her choice but not leave him. He might die quickly.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Ulunne777(f): 3:16am On Jul 17, 2020
Kingzeez10:

But Yinka Ayefele gave birth to triplets recently na

So he told you he got his wife pregnant? Lol.
There's a thing called IVF.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by membranus: 3:27am On Jul 17, 2020
meetme01:

I am not correcting your English. The terms used in the PwDs parlance is what I pointed out.

For a better society, there is need to use these with PwDs and treat them with empathy because we are all prone to it.

You don't need to bring religion in any conversation like this. It's a free world and we shouldn't let our own religion over shadow our thoughts or dwell it on others.

To any layman, the moment you use the word affliction and sympathize, I think you know the meaning. The choice of words in any situation go along way in resolving issues and getting close to people who are facing one challenge or the order.

To your first question, yes, I am. 15yrs on wheels, married, with a kid and a Social Worker.

Hope that helps

"You don't need to bring religion in any conversation like this. It's a free world and we shouldn't let our own religion over shadow our thoughts or dwell it on others."

Like you said above it is a "free world", so I don't deny my FAITH.

And remember this is Nigeria, many are highly religious.

I am a staunch Christian, and if you are an atheist, with your condition (I empathise with you, many are with the same, may GOD help you as HE is helping me), I will advise you, change your ways and be a Christian too, it helps a lot in coping with your emotions. Also it provides additional supernatural supports, and we all need these.

As for the SCI's official parlance, I am a novice to that, and I am not ashame of this because I am an expert in other areas too.

I was just offering a layman advice based on a close experience to help the OP writer.

Hope this helps too.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Ulunne777(f): 3:42am On Jul 17, 2020
LadySarah:
Leaving because he's bedridden?Anything can happen to anyone at anytime.I'm not trying to judge you cos you've shown you are strong woman for 2 yrs already.
99% of Nigerian men will not remain. Even their wives that had CS feels useless to them ofoziekwa bedridden wife. It is then they will bundle you back to your ppl.

For a sexually active woman ,the lack of sex can be disturbing.

What I think you should do.
1.choose to be happy.
2.If his penis still works do the riding. If no. Have a talk with him if you can get a Love Machine or a man friend or he can explore you with his hands. Theres no shame in that. Righteous ppl should ignore my post.

3.pls don't stop believing in miracles.

Modified. Those wereys telling me white women will stay should go and marry them.
Last 2 yrs a Benue guy brought back his Obinze, Imo wife to her parents cos of complications after childbirth. Pelvis problems or so. I remember the ladies burial Poster was on frontpage here.
Let her do her wish. Even Apostle Paul knows it isn't easy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Collapses, Dies After Finding Rival In Lover’s Apartment / List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town / Update On My Husband Leaving Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.