Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,135 members, 7,835,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury (43504 Views)

NGO Withdraws Help After Woman Whose Husband Assaulted Her Cries For His Release / Church Elder Caught Having Sex With Wife’s Best Friend Whose Husband Is In Jail / Rotimi Olowo Supports Mother Of Triplets Whose Husband Fled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Olayetan(m): 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2020
miniziter:
It's already 2 years and the husband can't go to work not to talk of bringing money. He can't perform on bed and she has been the one doing the cleaning of all his mess.

The most annoying thing is that the family members of the husband despite being okay financially failed to help the family. Now she planning to either stay with the man and have a cuncubine outside or leave the man outrightly.

Which do you advise?

NB: They just gave to a child and she's still young. On the way, if she leaves the man, he may not see someone that will take care of him like she used to do.

Make God no put us for situation wey decision to make go hard o.

God will direct the woman in the right way o.

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by vickydevoka(m): 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2020
Carchoice:
really? grin This is funny.

And what is a woman’s work? I bet you haven’t seen real man, when you do you’ll know a “woman’s work” is overhyped.

If the woman’s problem is the dlck. I rear my case. She should go and have it.

Even if u ask a woman to take ur role n u take her role she will refuse. Women are naturally selfish
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Sterope(f): 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2020
People will be bringing 'love' anyhow. Inasmuch this is very unfortunate for the man and it is going to be much worse her.

She is young, they have a young child, no sex, she is going to be a part time or full time carer without no government or family assistance. She doesn't even have an older child to assit her. She also has to figure out how to provide for the family. Both parties are victims. This is not a question she should ask others.

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2020
thorpido:
Innervation from the nerves from the spinal cord is what gives erection.If the spinal cord is damaged,there will be no erection.
is it what causes erectile dysfunction grin
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by vickydevoka(m): 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
Acidosis:

My point is we shouldn't justify the woman's consideration/decision to abandon her husband. The moment you're married, you've become a family. It shouldn't matter whether extended families come to our aid or not. These same extended families will be heavily criticized when they come to claim inheritance.
Na so. See valid point
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by RTSC: 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2020
For better, and for worse.

In sickness and in health.

These are the most important moments on the wedding day, but it seems most couples are more focused on the dancing and the peppering.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by martineverest(m): 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2020
Saintmary:

If the table were turned, would he have stayed?
Would you?
very nice question
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Doyou2019: 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2020
Saintmary:
If the table were turned, would he have stayed? Would you?
SaintMary tells who she is.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by olabright31: 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

What does penis has to do with spinal cord ....

Without the spinal cord there can't be erection. Go and read about the Central Nervous System.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Sterope(f): 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2020
Lol. Women multitask because it is expected and it is actually quite hard for them. I am suddenly supposed to believe that men that handle large projects and lead teams suddenly lose the ability to prioritise because chores and childcare are involved..... jokes!

youwanbanme:

why the lame generalizations, was it so necessary undecided
women that fall short of severe illness, to the point of been incapacitated are mostly milfs & aged women there grown children easily fill up ... my landlady in her early 50's suffered cancer for more than two years up till stage 4, her husband never relegated her back to her family, alway willing & ready to spend when needed, she died last month tho., the husband works onshore, not alway around should he av resign, if not for the grown up children would it not av been more appropriate to take her to her family. some situation just warrants it
It doesnt matter how relentless you try to alway paint men as evil, buh the fact is men can't multi task like women, to combine chores, baby sitting with work .. possibility of getting sacked is 90%
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by RTSC: 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2020
Sterope:
People will be bringing 'love' anyhow. Inasmuch this is very unfortunate for the man and it is going to be much worse her.

She is young, they have a young child, no sex, she is going to be a part time or full time carer without no government or family assistance. She doesn't even have an older child to assit her. She also has to figure out how to provide for the family. Both parties are victims. This is not a question she should ask others.
Reverse the scenario.

If the woman was the one with the condition, is the man free to abandon her without being called wicked?
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
illicit:
No need to get a cucumbine outside....

All she need to get is cucumber, very good fruit

It can serve as food and pleasure simultaneously.

She can enjoy the fruit of her long and hard labour

grin

This is not a joking matter!
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Uniquekriss(m): 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
TheArchangel:
SPINAL CORD INJURY SIR. SPINAL CORD INJURY!!!
This is not a guy in coma that can wake up one day. Dude can't care for his basic needs talk more of humping and providing for his family.

She can leave if she want.....
really?
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by crackhouse(m): 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2020
Na wa o. Let's pray this don't happen to any of us here including the woman seeking advice... it's best imagined than experienced.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Lamasta(m): 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2020
This is a tight situation thus is the moment the Nan needs his wife more and the wife should stay by him...
Marriage is for netter for worse till death do us part.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by just2endowed: 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
missjo:
She never truly loved him, and this is a major problem with our generation - people are ultimately looking out for what they'll gain from their partners but masking all that selfish desire with claims of being in love.

Gosh so many of us would fail this test if we were to find ourselves in the same situation, so while I'm critical of her, I'm also critical of myself because I don't know if I'll be any better. embarassed

Can you take her pill?
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by hinere(m): 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2020
Send me the husbands details let me send him Double Stem Cell and Crystal Cell. By the special Grace of God, he will stand up and start walking again.

We have treated such cases in the past.

There was a lady who had Spinal cord injury. She went abroad. Either USA or Europe now for the surgery (I cant remember) and came back crippled. Well, the doctors over there told her the surgery was going to be 50:50.

When she came back. She was on wheel chair. To cut the long story short.

One thing led to another and she started taking the Regenerative Medicine.

Right now, she is walking and standing. She has gone back to her normal life.

There is nothing God cannot do.

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Uniquekriss(m): 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2020
If she leaves she'd regret it, did she marry him for the good times alone? May I never have a woman who'd dump me when it gets tough... Just 2years of challenge she's already contemplating leaving, not even 5. God plz send your son, we can't bear this anymore
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by OmoOduduwa01: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Penis no de pain her husband na.... Na back de pain am..... So she can use another sex style to get what she want........

Do you know anything about spinal injury?
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Kingzeez10: 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
miniziter:

There's no way the Penis will rise without the help of the spinal cord. If I am wrong, let the experts correct me.
But Yinka Ayefele gave birth to triplets recently na
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by RTSC: 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
The pragmatic choice is to have a male concubine outside for her sexual needs, while still remaining in the marriage to take care of her husband.

She already has a child. What else?

If the husband is a good man, he will understand and condone it.
And she too should not rub it in his face.
Her first priority should always remain her husband.

No need to abandon him.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Ladycewhy(f): 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
Two years is a long time to be taking care of an invalid man ,the Nigerian men I know will never do that if roles were reversed ,to add to it ,his family members are unconcerned.

Now I will always tell people ,if you want out, be out for good , if she is tired of the marriage ,let her divorce him. The whole idea of getting a so called concubine while still married is what I will never support. She either stays or leave. It's better she divorces him than compounding his agony by cheating right under his nose.

And lastly she should never feel guilty for leaving,I know many people will say she is wicked bla bla bla, but the same poeple will still come and say " marriage is not by force " in another situation.

The burden of taking care of a bedridden adult nor be beans ,it's hard work that can take a toll on ones mental , emotional, physical and even financial health. If she feels after two years she can't continue ,then she should divorce him , return his bride price and vamoose . No time to check time.

4 Likes

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by F0untainofyouth(f): 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2020
[s]
Zoie:

Story. The answer is either YES or NO.

Mods: Take note of these three accounts
FrustratedLady
ZOie
TheSorcerer

These three are owned by one person, trolling me and others.
Cc: Ishilove, lalasticlaIa
[/s]
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by RTSC: 7:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
The pragmatic choice is to have a male concubine outside for her sexual needs, while still remaining in the marriage to take care of her husband.

She already has a child. What else?

If the husband is a good man, he will understand and condone it.
And she too should not rub it in his face.
Her first priority should always be her husband.

No need to abandon him.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Kingzeez10: 7:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
soonest:
She should discuss with her husband and have a concubine outside. God forgive me
The concubine will poison the woman's mind and she will start to misbehave at home, if care is not taking they might kill the man sef.
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 16, 2020
missjo:
She never truly loved him, and this is a major problem with our generation - people are ultimately looking out for what they'll gain from their partners but masking all that selfish desire with claims of being in love.

Gosh so many of us would fail this test if we were to find ourselves in the same situation, so while I'm critical of her, I'm also critical of myself because I don't know if I'll be any better. embarassed

Very intelligent reply , but You sha didn't answer the question oh wink what will you advice she do, you don't have to put yourself in het shoes to answer that because every man has his own cross to carry...

So what's your suggestion
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by makeherscream(m): 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
Chai this matter go hard to settle ooo

Hmmmmm for good two years ahhhhhhhh the woman really tried . And the injury now na spinal cord . no hope at all WTF.
I just dey pity the woman . God why (am crying)

I fit bet my balls no man will stay for 6months sad

Very sad

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by mormoney85(m): 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Penis no de pain her husband na.... Na back de pain am..... So she can use another sex style to get what she want........
once u have spinal cord problems u cant have erections
Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by ehinmowo: 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
miniziter:
It's already 2 years and the husband can't go to work not to talk of bringing money. He can't perform on bed and she has been the one doing the cleaning of all his mess.

The most annoying thing is that the family members of the husband despite being okay financially failed to help the family. Now she planning to either stay with the man and have a cuncubine outside or leave the man outrightly.

Which do you advise?

NB: They just gave to a child and she's still young. On the way, if she leaves the man, he may not see someone that will take care of him like she used to do.

Having affair under his roof may not be a good option. Leaving him at a time like this is equally terrible.

This is what she can do. Call family meeting. Let every family member decide how they want to be taking care of their son's financial stuff. She will need to have her own family members in the meeting too.

This would be a meeting with hard talks. The money will need to be coming in every month. I am sure the man is not impotent. Just crippled.

If they turn up with their pledges, she will then employ house help to help him. She will pick up a job. She can manage the situation from then on.

One thing she must understand is that if she was in his position, and the husband leave her, would she want that?

But if she must go, I would suggest that she should be sending some money to him every month. And she should do this as long as he lives. Perhaps employing help for him.

1 Like

Re: Advise For A Woman Whose Husband Is Suffering From A Spinal Cord Injury by RTSC: 7:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
Kingzeez10:

The concubine will poison the woman's mind and she will start to misbehave at home, if care is not taking they might kill the man sef.
They too will not live forever.

They will die one day to face the Judgement of God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town / Two Ladies Declared Missing In Abuja (Photo) / As A Lady You Can’t Be In Your Married Sister House And Not Wearing A Bra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.