Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,523 members, 7,826,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

What Does Buhari Do For A Living? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Buhari Do For A Living? (9233 Views)

Today March 28, It's Exactly A Year We Voted For Buhari, Do You Regret? / What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? / What Does Buhari Do For A Living? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by TewMuch: 9:34pm On Feb 03, 2011
KunleOshob:

^^^
@kcjazz
It's not about him feeding its about how he can on a routine basis fund presidential campaign, election petition tribunal and even float his own party which requires substantial amounts of money.
johndoe200:

No one really knows how buhari makes his money or who funds his campaigns. It would not surprise me if he is funded by some outside Islamic people / organizations, 
Nsiman:

Stop fooling urselves, stipens to ex rulers was just given a nod recently by NASS, where do buhari get earnings/income for consumption and campaign b4 NASS gave the nod? Some say from charity-meaning buhari is among the almajiris, others say from campaign appeal fund but i haven't heard him organise any fund raising in all his 4 time campaigns.

Beaf, How far? I heard its not easy keeping your job these days or keeping the NL minds focused on GEJ. Hope all is well. Your oga needs to be commended for recruiting a die hard like you. Where did you interview.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Feb 03, 2011
cold:

Ok, your honesty is noted.Methinks as an elder statesman running for the highest office in the land he should be in the forefront of trying to quell the perpetual religious strife in Plateau state & elsewhere.In any event i rest my case.

But you do realize that much of what continues to happen in Jos is LESS Religion and more ethnic?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by MAYOWAAK: 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2011
Nsiman:

@ genbuhari, pls let us have buhari's family life: how many wife(ives), child(ren), concubine (if any) and dependants. A gerentologist can tell u better that @70, buhari will not perform as u think and u'll come here again to tell us that buhari's old age is not letting him be proactive on duty.

It may interest you to know that General Buhari has only one wife by the name Safinatu Yusuf whom he married in 1971 and they have four daughters.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by kcjazz(m): 10:03pm On Feb 03, 2011
On a serious note, I have never heard of any homeless past President anywhere in the world tongue
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Feb 03, 2011
Jarus:

His sources of income:
1, Ex-Head of state, earns monthly pay
2, Ex-service man, earns gratuity
3, As PTF boss, earned salary and allowances
4, He is a farmer, runs large scale cattle farm.

Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Eziachi: 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2011
kenis:

Buhari printed a lot of money and hid it on several warehouse both in Nigeria and Togo. He is one of the richest man in Africa. He's only pretending. You never can tell what these military president did or could do.  
A billionaire pretending to be poor? Really? I would love to see how that works. grin grin
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Eziachi: 10:44pm On Feb 03, 2011
cold:

Let us proceed from the premise that he has a clean bill of health corruption wise (which i vehemently disagree with) His extreme religious views completely rules him out of the equation.Even in Egypt with all the clamour for Mobarak to go,no one wants the Muslim Brotherhood to get to power cuz everyone and anyone with a brain the size of an apple understands what freedom is
Can you do me a favour?
Please can you give me a link or publish lectures or statements attributed to Buhari showing this his extreme religoius views you are talking about? I mean it.
I will like to see it
However, I don't know this guy as much as you do, cos it seems you know the guy very well.
I really will appreciate it. Thanks
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Nsiman(m): 10:49pm On Feb 03, 2011
@ jarus, it's still shallow. is buhari into farming than obj? Yet uzo kalu and atiku boast of them being the chief financiers of obj's 1st term. Don't 4get that buhari as ptf chair was an appointment, how much was he paid annually and for just about two years (no pension/gratuity) as ptf chair take note.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Beaf: 11:00pm On Feb 03, 2011
Eziachi:

Can you do me a favour?
Please can you give me a link or publish lectures or statements attributed to Buhari showing this his extreme religoius views you are talking about? I mean it.
I will like to see it
However, I don't know this guy as much as you do, cos it seems you know the guy very well.

Much obliged:

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria," . . .

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country,". . .

-Gen. Buhari

http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Archive/Calls-for-total-Sharia-in-Nigeria-20010827
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Genbuhari3: 11:10pm On Feb 03, 2011
now i am convinced that GEJ and PDP are trying to take over nairaland through BEAF, NSIMAN, JOHNDOE and the other thieves. can you imagine this beaf has been posting consistently for close to 24 hrs now? funny enough nsiman and other usernames of Beaf too.

I am beginning to believe this guy is yahoo yahoo leaving on the internet and feeding fat on GEJ Fantasy and money
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Katsumoto: 11:31pm On Feb 03, 2011
Beaf:

This is a very good thread. Where are Buhari's sources of income?
We know $2.8billion missing NNPC money that got Fela singing was traced to his fixed deposit account at Midland Bank London, Buhari denies this. So we wanna know how he has been able to fund political parties and hop from place to place if he has no hidden pot of gold?

That can't be right for several reasons
1. OBJ and Shehu Yaradua were in power when that money disappeared
2. Buhari was a professional soldier at that time with no political appointment
3. Fela actually wrote that song for OBJ and Yaradua

It is alleged that it was Yaradua and Atiku who actually took the money. At that time, Atiku was the NPA top dog. It is claimed that the money, or parts of it, was literarily shipped out. I would question such a moronic way of laundering money but when I remember how much physical cash that Abacha kept at home, I wouldn't be surprised if the story is true. Remember this was in 1978 and Abacha's case was in the 90s.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Beaf: 11:35pm On Feb 03, 2011
Genbuhari3:

now i am convinced that GEJ and PDP are trying to take over nairaland through BEAF, NSIMAN, JOHNDOE and the other thieves. can you imagine this beaf has been posting consistently for close to 24 hrs now? funny enough nsiman and other usernames of Beaf too.

I am beginning to believe this guy is yahoo yahoo leaving on the internet and feeding fat on GEJ Fantasy and money

Believe what you like sir, it still won't help Buhari's sinking boat.

Tell him to crank up his aging bones and wild eyed sharia epistles for yet another futile and sad attempt in 2015. Who knows? He might even break the World record for the most failed politician of all time.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Beaf: 11:39pm On Feb 03, 2011
Katsumoto:

That can't be right for several reasons
1. OBJ and Shehu Yaradua were in power when that money disappeared
2. Buhari was a professional soldier at that time with no political appointment
3. Fela actually wrote that song for OBJ and Yaradua

It is alleged that it was Yaradua and Atiku who actually took the money. At that time, Atiku was the NPA top dog. It is claimed that the money, or parts of it, was literarily shipped out. I would question such a moronic way of laundering money but when I remember how much physical cash that Abacha kept at home, I wouldn't be surprised if the story is true. Remember this was in 1978 and Abacha's case was in the 90s.

Buhari was NNPC boss under Obj. Do a check.
Also check the court case Vera Ifudu brought for wrongful dismissal from NTA for broadcasting the findings on Buhari. She read it out loud on national TV, that the money had been traced to Buhari's account.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Kobojunkie: 11:39pm On Feb 03, 2011
Nsiman:

@ jarus, it's still shallow. is buhari into farming than obj? Yet uzo kalu and atiku boast of them being the chief financiers of obj's 1st term. Don't 4get that buhari as ptf chair was an appointment, how much was he paid annually and for just about two years (no pension/gratuity) as ptf chair take note.

How exactly is the information provided by @Jarus shallow considering what you have above does not make sense? Is Obj the only large scale farmer in Nigeria?

What has Buhari's income during the brief years he served as PTF chair to do with his source of income?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Muza(m): 11:58pm On Feb 03, 2011
u guyz amaze me,so do u think if someone as honest as Buhari sits down in his house without goin out he will go hungry?
he will lack food and basic necessities of life?,NO,there always be ppl falling over themselves trying to do those things,but not just anybody sha,only equally honest associates and well-wishers.
Buhari does not even know how the cars he use for campaign are fueled,talkless of money for court cases,friends,well-wishers,associates at work.

vote BB2011 for the bloodless revolution
join the honest and winning team grin
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Beaf: 12:02am On Feb 04, 2011
Muza:

u guyz amaze me,so do u think if someone as honest as Buhari sits down in his house without goin out he will go hungry?
he will lack food and basic necessities of life?,NO,there always be ppl falling over themselves trying to do those things,but not just anybody sha,only equally honest associates and well-wishers.
Buhari does not even know how the cars he use for campaign are fueled,talkless of money for court cases,friends,well-wishers,associates at work.

vote BB2011 for the bloodless revolution
join the honest and winning team grin

Who exactly would be interested in Buhari's upkeep? Would these be wild eyed, crazy religious extremist types?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Muza(m): 12:39am On Feb 04, 2011
@Beaf,
pls tell me which work patience has done in her life that makes her richer than Buhari?,just answer this one,lets not start withe her corrupt,clueless,desperate husband grin
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Muza(m): 12:42am On Feb 04, 2011
@Beaf,
pls tell me which work patience has done in her life that makes her richer than Buhari?,just answer this one,lets not start withe her corrupt,clueless,desperate husband grin
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by cold(m): 12:42am On Feb 04, 2011
Ok i'm back  grin

Eziachi:

Can you do me a favour?
I will like to see it
Well i see Mr Beaf has already done me the honors.Need i say more

Kobojunkie:

But you do realize that much of what continues to happen in Jos is LESS Religion and more ethnic?
Kobo,kobo  grin about to begin an unending cycle of back & forth.Ok what if i concur that it is more of an ethnic issue with religious colorations but he should have weighed in at some point to calm things down,considering the clout he has in the north.What would you come up with?
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Kobojunkie: 12:57am On Feb 04, 2011
cold:

Kobo,kobo  grin about to begin an unending cycle of back & forth.Ok what if i concur that it is more of an ethnic issue with religious colorations but he should have weighed in at some point to calm things down,considering the clout he has in the north.What would you come up with?

uum . . . but it is ETHNIC and not religious. I am not sure why letting you know that makes for an unending cycle of back and forth. Unless you want to counter that which is now known of the situation in the area.

Like I said, I really don't care if he weighs in or not, and so have not bothered to count how many times he has or has not done that.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by cold(m): 1:08am On Feb 04, 2011
^^Without attempting to derail the thread.Seriously do you think the crisis in Jos is more ethnic than religious?I was born in Jos.Born & bred-call me a thoroughbred if you like,& i can tell you without fear of equivocation that the crisis is far from ethnic.That is the cliche used by politicians to gloss over the true state of affairs: 'the crisis is not religious but about ethnicity & the control of resources' pullezz,we know better
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Kobojunkie: 1:11am On Feb 04, 2011
^^^ I believe ethnicity plays a bigger role in this than religion does, because much of what I have read on the problem seems to point that way.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by cold(m): 1:16am On Feb 04, 2011
^^^what you read,you say?The moment i catch a flight to Naija,as soon as i touchdown Lagos/Abuja my next stop is Jos & i'm telling you what you reading is a complete falsification of the facts.Take my word for it
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by bkbabe97y(m): 1:16am On Feb 04, 2011
I'm trying to decide who's a bigger Mor.ron Nsiman or Cold?!?!!
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Kobojunkie: 1:20am On Feb 04, 2011
cold:

^^^what you read,you say?The moment i catch a flight to Naija,as soon as i touchdown Lagos/Abuja my next stop is Jos & i'm telling you what you reading is a complete falsification of the facts.Take my word for it

Let me put it this way. A huge many of those who continued to fight in these riots, time after time, have NO CLUE what they are even fighting for. All they know and hear or are told is the other side is the enemy and they need to be gotten rid of. And this is not unique to Jos.

I prefer to take a 360 look at the situation, and honestly, I see this as more of an ethnic problem masquerading now as a religious problem. Not until the ethnic issues are dealt with, will the problem be solved.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Muza(m): 1:23am On Feb 04, 2011
bk.babe97y:

I'm trying to decide who's a bigger Mor.ron Nsiman or Cold?!?!!

its a tie grin
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by honeric01(m): 1:24am On Feb 04, 2011
Beaf:

Who exactly would be interested in Buhari's upkeep? Would these be wild eyed, crazy religious extremist types?

I told you, until you answer these questions, i ain't gonna let you be. grin

kindly answer these questions:

What happens to all your rumors and lies about SHARIA and religious bigots if Buhari ends up having Tunde Bakare as his running mate?

Can a Muslim fanatic ever marry a christian whom they consider an infidel?

How many Christians did Buhari kill when he was the HOS?

Can a Muslim fanatic go to to redeem camp just as GEJ and the likes?

WHY IS PATIENCE JONATHAN RICHER THAN BUHARI EVEN THOUGH THE FORMER HAS NOT ACHIEVED 1/100TH OF WHAT THE LATTER HAS ACHIEVED IN HER LIFETIME?

WHERE DID SHE GET HER MONEY FROM? SELLING FRESH FISH IN BAYELSA OR HOW MANAGE? WHAT DOES SHE SPECIALIZE IN? IS SHE A SCHOLAR OR WHERE EXACTLY DID SHE MAKE OUR MONEY FROM?

What if he ends up having a christian person as his running mate, are you still going to keep yelling about sharia?

If Buhari was a corrupt man, then his cousin shouldn't have been so scared into committing suicide after being exposed of corruption, if BUHARI was GEJ, his cousin would have just acted like Patience, Ibori, Atiku or even Akala and the newest murderous senator in town true or false? if false, please expatiate

WHY SHOULD I COMMIT SUICIDE FOR CORRUPTION IF I KNOW MY UNCLE IS ALSO A CORRUPT MAN AND HAS THE POWER TO PARDON/COVER ME?

What if after everything, Buhari ends up as the Nigerian president, what are you going to do? hug a wet transformer or drink a liter of battery acid? Undecided
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by cold(m): 1:25am On Feb 04, 2011
Ethnicity issues between which groups?The Hausa and the Beroms?Do you realise that there are as many Igbos & Yorubas in Jos as there are hausas?How come it's only the Hausa/Fulanis fighting to lay claim to land that isn't theirs?Think,360 that is

Kobojunkie:

Let me put it this way. A huge many of those who continued to fight in these riots, time after time, have NO CLUE what they are even fighting for. All they know and hear or are told is the other side is the enemy and they need to be gotten rid of. And this is not unique to Jos.

I prefer to take a 360 look at the situation, and honestly, I see this as more of an ethnic problem masquerading now as a religious problem. Not until the ethnic issues are dealt with, will the problem be solved.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Muza(m): 1:31am On Feb 04, 2011
pls tell me which work patience has done in her life that makes her richer than Buhari?,just answer this one,lets not start withe her corrupt,clueless,desperate husband Grin

u've not answered my question,those lies u keep peddling are sour and outdated pls find new ones
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by Kobojunkie: 1:35am On Feb 04, 2011
cold:

Ethnicity issues between which groups?The Hausa and the Beroms?Do you realise that there are as many Igbos & Yorubas in Jos as there are hausas?How come it's only the Hausa/Fulanis fighting to lay claim to land that isn't theirs?Think,360 that is

Like I said, many of those fighting have no clue what the fight is really about and so they take advantage of the situation to express their own deep seated hate against other groups, and so we have people going after ibos, christians, and even Yoruba(including the Muslims among them). This is Nigeria!
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by cold(m): 1:36am On Feb 04, 2011
Muza:

pls tell me which work patience has done in her life that makes her richer than Buhari?,just answer this one,lets not start withe her corrupt,clueless,desperate husband  Grin

u've not answered my question,those lies u keep peddling are sour and outdated pls find new ones
Please substantiate your arguments with facts and stop throwing circumstiantalities around like an illiterate.
Re: What Does Buhari Do For A Living? by cold(m): 1:41am On Feb 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Like I said, many of those fighting have no clue what the fight is really about and so they take advantage of the situation to express their own deep seated hate against other groups, and so we have people going after ibos, christians, and even Yoruba(including the Muslims among them). This is Nigeria!

Ok,so i take it you're clued up on the crux of the crisis & you blv it is 100% ethnic? And pls it is Igbo-not Ibo,let's keep this civil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Ode Chukwu? / Tribunal Upholds Victor Umeh's Election / Pictures Of Pt's Olawepo Hashim's Visit To Sarkin Bwari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.