Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,931 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor (14064 Views)

Kanu’s Arrest Won't Affect Biafra Agitation, Referendum Needed – Northern Group / How Will The New Petrol Price & Electricity Tariff Hike By FG Affect You? / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by jayworld15(m): 8:15am On Jul 14, 2020
It is appalling how these people get to lead “themselves and not us.” For God sake, I have never seen where there’d be increment in things as vital as electricity, water, food, neighborhoods (shelter) etc and they don’t affect the poor like the rich. In fact, they are mostly targeted at the poor, vulnerable and downtrodden social group. These people in power have consistently shown they have nothing like levelheadedness in their thinking box. They are myopic, foolish and hell-bound. Shh...

1 Like

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by nairaman66(m): 8:16am On Jul 14, 2020
The poor will not see the power there making electricity a thing for the rich. Anyone in public service that do not put the common man first, will get this Covid19 amen!!

1 Like

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by WHOcarex: 8:16am On Jul 14, 2020
He just said the poor won't get light. Maybe 1 hour a day, and they will pay as such. And the stupid lawmakers are okay with that or they didn't understood what he meant.

Of course they knew, but they just don't care. All they care about is themselves. They only pretend to care about the poor like they just did now. If they cared, they would have pointed that out
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by israelmao(m): 8:18am On Jul 14, 2020
Do you have their data to begin with?Nation with most disorganised and reaactive political leaders.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by DaPheNom1: 8:18am On Jul 14, 2020
Then after it has been approved, you will tell us we are not part of the poor people abi? Mumu people
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Openbusiness3: 8:19am On Jul 14, 2020
grin nawa oh. See format grin
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by AreaFada2: 8:20am On Jul 14, 2020
MajesticKris:
grin grin that's because they won't see the light grin
But in 9ja you still pay for darkness.

Estimated bill will still go up.

1 Like

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by kleverley(m): 8:21am On Jul 14, 2020
Look at them,we only see light when the time to collect their bill is approaching.
Just yesterday they brought 5k bill for us as if we run a factory, a neighborhood that don't even consume up to 15points

This country is one of a kind
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Sibrah: 8:23am On Jul 14, 2020
Is this possible?
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by emeksdonalds(m): 8:24am On Jul 14, 2020
Believing anything this government says is at your own detriment.. Same way they said the 7.5% VAT won’t affect average Nigerians and also same way they said the stamp duty charge... Ndi ara!!! Can’t wait for this tenure to exhaust and this clueless folks get to leave.. The choice is ours Nigerians.. Either we make same mistake in 2023 like we repeated last year, or we chart a new course
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by EkOlatunde: 8:24am On Jul 14, 2020
Please someone help me.
I'm a primary school teacher and I haven't been paid since March.
Nothing is too small.
God bless
Acces
0828-255-048

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by nams77: 8:25am On Jul 14, 2020
Tboysalau:
The plan has been suspended, so why is this in the news
Suspended not scrapped. It is still coming.

1 Like

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by KunleyY19(m): 8:25am On Jul 14, 2020
Share prepaid. That's all.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by onegb(m): 8:26am On Jul 14, 2020
Naija
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Daddysidhan: 8:27am On Jul 14, 2020
The poor in the north abi
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Tboysalau(m): 8:27am On Jul 14, 2020
nams77:
Suspended not scrapped. It is still coming.
Oooh alright sir
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by nnamdi640: 8:27am On Jul 14, 2020
How will estimated bill identify the poor people from the rich one, same goes to the prepaid meter?This people are really despirate in making this country unbearable for the poor.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by nams77: 8:27am On Jul 14, 2020
sammysmiles:
Are you normal?
Meaning?
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by galadima77(m): 8:29am On Jul 14, 2020
This and more when people without conscience find their ways to position of authority.

Yeye talk
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by JubrinElSudan: 8:30am On Jul 14, 2020
What of communities using 33kva lines that fall within the 20-24 hours band? So the discos won't bill then at that tarriff? Or there isn't any poor people in such communities?
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by onward4life(m): 8:31am On Jul 14, 2020
textilemania:
Una father! angry

Where tinunbu yaga yaga mouth children

Una mouth don full abi

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Abuzaynab01: 8:31am On Jul 14, 2020
ikorodureporta:
https://thenationonlineng.net/nerc-electricity-tariff-hike-wont-affect-poor/
The poor will have to suffer because of the income inequality.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by authority2006(m): 8:32am On Jul 14, 2020
EyezofGod120:
smiley na una sabi,,,if una bring 7000 bill come my house I go pay 3000,,simple

You think 3,000 naira is not much for direct? What are you using in the house? Please, I'm serious. One marketer here is breathing down my neck that I have to start paying 5k from this month. I talk to him but he was adamant. Money had been paid for prepaid meter but wasn't supplied.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:32am On Jul 14, 2020
Nigeria....
what a pity.

1 Like

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by EyezofGod120: 8:34am On Jul 14, 2020
authority2006:

You think 3,000 naira is not much for direct? What are you using in house? Please, I'm serious.
,,, cool so mean say 3k still much??we no get fridge o,,only TV and home theater
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Kobicove(m): 8:34am On Jul 14, 2020
Nonsense story, how will they ensure that it does not affect the poor?
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by osazsky(m): 8:39am On Jul 14, 2020
ABBA Kyari once made these statement but today he is no more...they want to give the poor zero lite and give to the rich who are ready to pay high.rep member ur end is near. U can take this to d bank
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Minjim: 8:47am On Jul 14, 2020
In this country if you don't fight tooth and nail, you won't get anything you deserve even when you've fully paid for it.
In my street at Ijegun they've been sharing light 2 days on, 1 day off. People didn't complain.Later they turned it to 2 days on, 2 days off. We were still ok. Then it was 1 day on, 3 days off.
That was when we started holding meeting. But when it became once ( or 0) in a week. We stormed their office. We bought the transformer and wires we are using.
I'm telling you that now, we have light everyday. No more On and Off.
I'm sure that we come with huge bills too
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Minjim: 8:50am On Jul 14, 2020
EkOlatunde:
Please someone help me.
I'm a primary school teacher and I haven't been paid since March.
Nothing is too small.
God bless
Acces
0828-255-048
My school is fond of late payment. The last time i was paid was January before the pandemic came. Since then we've not heard anything.
I've finished spending my saving for house rent. Now, I'm surviving on just one home lesson.

Let me advise you. Call parents and go to their homes to do lesson.
For how long do you wanna beg.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by gwinaB(m): 8:51am On Jul 14, 2020
How do they identify the poor?
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by EkOlatunde: 8:57am On Jul 14, 2020
Minjim:

My school is fond of late payment. The last time i was paid was January before the pandemic came. Since then we've not heard anything.
I've finished spending my saving for house rent. Now, I'm surviving on just one home lesson.

Let me advise you. Call parents and go to their homes to do lesson.
For how long do you wanna beg.
I have done everything you have said my brother but most of the parents here are either not willing to accept a lesson teacher because they can't afford it or they offer ridiculously low amount of money.
I'm in a very tight corner as of now I haven't eaten since last night

I'm slowly crippling towards depression
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by udy4real(m): 9:04am On Jul 14, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Story for the gudz.... how do you identify d poor, if at this stage you bill Ikorodu residents up to N8k per household??
You people are even lucky there,them nack me 23k for June bill for ordinary 3 bedroom without A/C or any high consuming equipment in my flat and never at home,am just thinking of what to do bcuz I don't have that kind of money to pay to ikeja electric

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abubakar Maigandi: Fuel Scarcity May Last For Two Weeks / Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage / EFCC Arrests Yewande Sadiku, Detains And Questions Her Over Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.