Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor (14046 Views)

Kanu’s Arrest Won't Affect Biafra Agitation, Referendum Needed – Northern Group / How Will The New Petrol Price & Electricity Tariff Hike By FG Affect You? / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by ikorodureporta: 7:49am On Jul 14, 2020
The Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commis sion (NERC) on Monday assured that the proposed tariff hike,now suspended, would not affect poor electricity customers, if okayed.

In his presentation to the Senate Committee on Power at the commission’s Head office in Abuja, the NERC Chairman, Prof. James Momoh, told the lawmakers who were in their oversight function that a mechanism had been put in place to absorb the masses of the adverse effects of the hike.

He said: “It is not going to affect the poor. We will make sure that the downtrodden and the people you feel for at the moment will not be affected by any increase we will be bringing forth.

“It will be based on the hours of service and the quality of power available there. We don’t want the poor to subsidise the payment of the rich. In other words, we must make sure that the poor are not sacrificed in the process of tariff increase.”

The Committee Chairman, Senator Gabriel Suswan, urged the commission to handle the tariff increase with caution because of the economic hardship it could inflict on the people.

He told Momoh that the Senate is opposed to the proposed tariff increase, but having viewed that most Nigerians could not even feed themselves at the moment owing to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the commission has “to make haste slowly” about the tariff.
https://thenationonlineng.net/nerc-electricity-tariff-hike-wont-affect-poor/

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by MajesticKris: 7:50am On Jul 14, 2020
grin grin that's because they won't see the light grin

155 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by ikorodureporta: 7:51am On Jul 14, 2020
Story for the gudz.... how do you identify d poor, if at this stage you bill Ikorodu residents up to N8k per household??

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by SarkinYarki: 7:58am On Jul 14, 2020
They have started with their mindless lies ..Till today we don't know the yardstick the Buhari govt uses to identify the poor

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by EngineerBode: 7:58am On Jul 14, 2020
Yes because regular power supply won't get to the poor. Useless government

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Patrioticman007(m): 8:10am On Jul 14, 2020
What
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by textilemania(m): 8:11am On Jul 14, 2020
Una father! angry

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by PureGoldh(m): 8:11am On Jul 14, 2020
Clueless set of people

3 Likes

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Cmexy: 8:11am On Jul 14, 2020
Gawd! When am I leaving this kwantri

20 Likes

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by alfredo4u(m): 8:11am On Jul 14, 2020
Is it for the light we are seeing or the one you guys flash for one minute and take it off for 23hrs 59minutes everyday.

The thunder that will fire you guys is warming up in my village.

In fact, who have seen Magu of recent.........I want to blow my whistle now........

Magu, mind u, my commission this time na times 40 ohhhhh

13 Likes

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:11am On Jul 14, 2020
Dey don start again oooo

1 Like

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by SoftP(m): 8:11am On Jul 14, 2020
The truth is, they forget all men must die some day’

1 Like

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by omoadeleye(m): 8:11am On Jul 14, 2020
Hhhg
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by bolaayenimo: 8:11am On Jul 14, 2020
Nonsense talk. Where is the free electricity you promised during the lockdown?

5 Likes

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Tboysalau(m): 8:11am On Jul 14, 2020
The plan has been suspended, so why is this in the news
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:11am On Jul 14, 2020
please who are these poor ones?

4 Likes

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by EyezofGod120: 8:11am On Jul 14, 2020
smiley na una sabi,,,if una bring 7000 bill come my house I go pay 3000,,simple

1 Like

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Slawormir: 8:12am On Jul 14, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Moda fuckkkers

Astrologyfact:

Yes Boss you are right, HV still not seen your message Boss, Loyalty is what I assure you boss, please give me a chance to prove my self.
Check your email

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by princeade86(m): 8:12am On Jul 14, 2020
U dey cra.... Z....... E
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by GeeMeshin1(m): 8:12am On Jul 14, 2020
Story, what a defense!
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by paulolee(m): 8:12am On Jul 14, 2020
Yea bcoz watin u no know, no fit kill u
the poor wnt get to see the light and i think he is right abt saying it wont affect them because the hike is meant for the rich dt would enjoy the light..
this buhari regime is the best ever and i pray he stays till 2050.. sai baba..

****Yeah wu pour me covid water****

3 Likes

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Dripy(m): 8:12am On Jul 14, 2020
Is that so?

The way officials in Nigeria lie with impunity is disheartening. Currently, electricity tariff has increased across board and man is here telling us lies. How do they want to cushion the effect on poor people? What is the modality in determining who is poor or not.

The time has come for us to rise up and fight against all those who have pilfered our commonwealth.

The dagger that did the damage still drips with blood.

6 Likes

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Bossontop(m): 8:12am On Jul 14, 2020
undecided
Lies

7 Likes

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 14, 2020
Apart from the fact that the poor will not have access to electricity and therefore that the assertion of the government become TECHNICALLY correct and abusive of the poor,,
I have notice overtime, since the Jonathan Administration, and more radically in Buhari's government, policies that are aim to place the poor against the middle class and the rich. Policies that are aimed to induce inorganic class war between the classes l, with narrative controlled by the government therefore with no chance of creating a revolution.
Think about it for a moment if you are rich and therefore affected by this hike, how do you protest this without looking as the enemy to the poo@r in Nigeria which if I may remind you is the REAL silent majority in this country.
The rich and middle class (by and large the professional class) have been hammered into submission.
The poor think the government is acting in their interest, but like the eg of this thread (electricity tariff hike willnot and cannot only affect the rich), the decieved totally into submission to the government.
Peace.

3 Likes

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by lekkan(m): 8:13am On Jul 14, 2020
How do they know the households that are poor?
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by sammysmiles(m): 8:13am On Jul 14, 2020
Weitin I won talk sef
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by dechriscool(m): 8:13am On Jul 14, 2020
Nothing is Said, as to how it is not going to affect the poor.
With the R2 billing system.Every body is going to bear the blunt of your estimated billing.

1 Like

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by sammysmiles(m): 8:14am On Jul 14, 2020
textilemania:
Una father! angry
Are you normal?
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by captainamiedi1: 8:14am On Jul 14, 2020
That means constant electricity is not for the poor. when there is light in the house of the rich, the poor will wallow in darkness. The heart of man is indeed wicked

6 Likes

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Latidoh1: 8:15am On Jul 14, 2020
I supply quality diesel. Incase you want to disconnect from Disco
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by kalvoken(m): 8:15am On Jul 14, 2020
Hahajahjajajaja.

No woman will accept this toasting. E no go affect the poor, how?

You mean they won't see light again, thus won't get billed?

Or you will device a means where their electricity consumption will be shared and added to that of the rich men?

I don't understand o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Arraigned Suspects Of The Fuel Subsidy Scam. / Dikachi Okorie Graduates From University Of Manchester. Photos / Governor Ugwuanyi Trains 5 To Be Helicopter Pilots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.