Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor (14063 Views)

Kanu’s Arrest Won't Affect Biafra Agitation, Referendum Needed – Northern Group / How Will The New Petrol Price & Electricity Tariff Hike By FG Affect You? / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by COMPAQ(m): 9:05am On Jul 14, 2020
ikorodureporta:
https://thenationonlineng.net/nerc-electricity-tariff-hike-wont-affect-poor/

Its a very simple thing to do, to increase the tariff and still protect the poor.

Just stagger the tariff:

0-199 units per month = old rate
200-499 units per month = old rate *1.4
500+ per month = whatever rate NERC wants to charge

This way, the 'rich' will actually be subsidizing the poor by paying the difference to keep the first 199 units of the month low. If anyone has appliances that causes him to use over 200 units a month, then perhaps he's not poor.

Not saying it has to be 199 units, but whatever research suggests is a good level to peg it in order to protect the poor who use very little electricity. it might be 99 units or it might be 299 units.

However, among the people we call 'poor' are those doing welding job and hairdresser etc that use quite a lot of electricity, in many cases stolen electricity.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Astrologyfact: 9:09am On Jul 14, 2020
Maple51:
The light is not even available for many Nigerians. There are 90 million Nigerians off the grid. Which way Nigeria? embarassed

In other news,
Learn web development with WP for less than your subscription money (#999) and start building websites in 2 days!

You don't want to miss this! Click my username/profile to register.
I'm interested.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Jeffyblaq(m): 9:11am On Jul 14, 2020
A failed country whereby even today's kids no longer take serious.

This name Nigeria I carried in my international passport is really dealing badly with me.

If I could I would change my nationality.

No time!
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Astrologyfact: 9:14am On Jul 14, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Moda fuckkkers
Yes Boss you are right, HV still not seen your message Boss, Loyalty is what I assure you boss, please give me a chance to prove my self.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by ehinja: 9:26am On Jul 14, 2020
Power though a necessity is globally also a commodity.

The lack of sincerity and political will by consecutive governments have made it almost impossible to make what should be considered a vital part of our economy growth stagnate to a point of hopelessness.

Provide the infrastructure or the enabling environment for private participation in power provision.

Let people choose their power providers/sources based on service/pricing like any normal commodity.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by dederocs(m): 9:42am On Jul 14, 2020
I have a question, all the crude being sold, taxes, both direct and indirect being paid by citizenry and companies, revenues from land, air and sea ports, all these trillions...what benefit does the citizenry enjoy?

Are we cursed to utilise all our revenue to foot the bill and lifestyle of these polithiefcians, they do not even provide infrastructure...the least government can do is subsidize electricity/food for the people.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Bellotelli: 9:44am On Jul 14, 2020
MajesticKris:
grin grin that's because they won't see the light grin
grin grin grin The useless man didn't even conceal the fact.

1 Like

Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by backnbeta(f): 9:48am On Jul 14, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
please who are these poor ones?
Beautiful question! Who are the poor really? How will they separate the poor from the rich? What's the unit of measure? If you earn 300k and you have dependent relatives (which most people do), you are poor! They should just increase for the polithiefcians and leave the rest of us alone undecided
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Mayng01(m): 9:51am On Jul 14, 2020
It’s all a lie, they should not be allowed to implement it.. how will they recognize the poor. Nonsense. Once done... it can’t be reversed.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Thetruthalways: 9:54am On Jul 14, 2020
Maple51:
The light is not even available for many Nigerians. There are 90 million Nigerians off the grid. Which way Nigeria? embarassed

In other news,
Learn web development with WP for less than your subscription money (#999) and start building websites in 2 days!

You don't want to miss this! Click my username/profile to register.
Where did you get your statistics sir?
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:57am On Jul 14, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Story for the gudz.... how do you identify d poor, if at this stage you bill Ikorodu residents up to N8k per household??

It's very easy. By electricity consumption.

This is why we need prepaid meters, so the whole thing is automated.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Hopson3000: 10:04am On Jul 14, 2020
Na wah o
See wetin person open mouth talk, I no know weda e funny or dem b foolish cuntlickers angry grin grin undecided
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by andyzoga: 10:44am On Jul 14, 2020
This Prof has also been settled.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by xynerise: 11:46am On Jul 14, 2020
They mean it won't affect the Northerners
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by amakadlite(f): 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2020
I thought this tarrif increment has been suspended but to my greatest surprise, this Monday Morning they brought a bill of 15k instead of 7k we were paying. am really disappointed in this sensless government to be honest. where did we go wrong? people lost jobs, most are trying to survive, business is moving at a snail speed and all we could get is tarrif increase amids this time. smh
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by neonly: 12:46pm On Jul 14, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Story for the gudz.... how do you identify d poor, if at this stage you bill Ikorodu residents up to N8k per household??

When me they pay 25k per flat oooo if them give the 8k bill na dance I go dey do straight
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Fuckgovt: 1:52pm On Jul 14, 2020
Arrant nonsense and a blatant lie. APC is demonic
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by sterlingD(m): 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2020
Abracadabra!What a government. The more you see the less you understand.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Salako01(m): 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2020
Oh, so it is we, the rich that u guys target grin
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by authority2006(m): 9:07am On Jul 15, 2020
EyezofGod120:
,,, cool so mean say 3k still much??we no get fridge o,,only TV and home theater

It could be, that's why I asked about the home appliances. I'm waiting for the marketer sha.
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by Gokoyer0(m): 9:13am On Jul 17, 2020
But why you just opened your account?
EkOlatunde:

I have done everything you have said my brother but most of the parents here are either not willing to accept a lesson teacher because they can't afford it or they offer ridiculously low amount of money.
I'm in a very tight corner as of now I haven't eaten since last night

I'm slowly crippling towards depression
Re: NERC: Electricity Tariff Hike Won't Affect The Poor by figment0: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun 2018: Senator Adeleke, Extends Hand OF FELLOWSHIP TO ALL CONTESTANTS / Reps Probe NPA Over Whistleblower’s $1bn Secret Account Claim / Abubakar Maigandi: Fuel Scarcity May Last For Two Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.