Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela (44360 Views)

Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. / Lockdown: FG Agrees To Pay Salaries Of Private School Teachers - Association / School Teachers Shocked At What They Found Under Student's Cardigan (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by emmaella: 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2020
SolutionAndGist:
JUST IN: Private School Teachers salary to be paid by FG – Association

The President of the National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools in Nigeria, Yomi Otubela has revealed to the general public on Monday, 13th July 2020 that the Federal government has agreed upon dialogue to pay the salaries of Private School Teachers that are being owed by their school management and are in big distress since the lockdown started in March amidst the Covid19 pandemic.

As some school management insists they cannot pay salaries since they have also not made money by way of school fees since there is nothing being done so far in school, their employees have been on the receiving end of all the bankruptcy being faced as a result of the shut down of schools.

Otubela made this statement known while speaking on TVC News on the early hours of Monday, July 13, 2020. Otubela said the Association forwarded a proposal to the Economic Sustainability Committee headed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, for the government to assist them by going out of their way and obligations to pay the salaries of some private school teachers in the country, and they are glad to announce that approval has been granted to the proposal by the Federal Executive Council for the implementation.

”We have written to the Federal government to understand that these teachers are teaching Nigerian children and that they need to keep them and their families together during the lockdown.

So the Federal government has listened to our request. We requested that the teachers salaries in private schools should be taken over by the government during the months of the lockdown. We also requested for a single digit loan for private schools to cushion the effect of the COVID19.

We requested for support for schools that have existing loans, that they (FG) should liase on our behalf with the Central Bank of Nigeria CBN and CBN will liase with commercial banks and other financial institutions to ensure that they give them soft landing in terms of moratorium to repay and deduction in the interest loan.

The Federal government has approved that they will take over the payment of teachers salaries.

The proposal was sent to the Economic Sustainability Committee headed by the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and it was approved by the Federal Executive Council.

We are already talking to them to know the modalities for the disbursement”.

He however pointed out that it is only private schools registered under its Association that will benefit from the Federal government’s bailout.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/7/fg-has-agreed-to-pay-salaries-of-private-school-teachers-owed-during-the-lockdown-private-school-owners-association-president-yomi-otubela-says-2.html
the proprietors will hijack the money. FG should not pay because this greedy proprietors will come up with fake list of staff to swindle the FG and the money will not get to the teachers.
It's all means to enrich themselves

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by israelmao(m): 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2020
Why creating more confusion?
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2020
only Magu looted founds can take care of all the private school teachers, as long as luckdown lasts.

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by franugo(m): 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2020
Gforce2015:
See as FG dey scam person-baba....common road dem neva tarr am finish dem dey promise say dem wan pay private teacher salary. Most of the FG promises end up a myriad.....

Tar
Mirage

Thank me now
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by franugo(m): 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2020
emmaella:
the proprietors will hijack the money. FG should not pay because this greedy proprietors will come up with fake list of staff to swindle the FG and the money will not get to the teachers.
It's all means to enrich themselves

Impossible... Unless the school pays taxes on ghost workers

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by Addme: 7:49pm On Jul 14, 2020
Hope this is not audio.. Calling my Director right away...
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by UNICALKING: 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2020
GodPunishBiafra:
angry

Believe this adminstration at your own peril.

FOOLISH leaders that couldn't give us palliative during lockdown... They even used IPPIS to reduce our salaries.

The two months free electricity tariffs, have they fulfilled it?

Unless they want to use this to loot more money sha...
Even till date federal universities have not been paid mminimum wage...
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by Mrshape: 7:57pm On Jul 14, 2020
Eulalia:
Saw this earlier today in Facebook.

Who knows how possible this is especially with the "some" they have put in the matter now. undecided

Let me begin to call my schools one by one to add me to the list. Cos I nor commit crime to be a partime teacher. angry.
Me done already they inform my schools too.
Make them know say I day aware.

I teach mathematics in five schools I believe I will get all my salaries

Which subject do you teach?
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by badman007(m): 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2020
Close down those private schools any take our education seriously...
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by 1759ademola(m): 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2020
Nigeria govt want to impress me for the first time.
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by tunary(m): 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2020
So the remaining some who will pay them?
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2020
Iffa hear
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by OhBiafra: 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2020
Anybody that believes this is a fool. Where will they get the database of private school teachers from? This is just another avenue to loot funds by that animal called Buhari
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by juniorstar(m): 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2020
na so then talk with palliative for covid ...till today no alert ...now this abegi

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by Verasgist: 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by stevups(m): 8:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
Your NEPA BILLS too will be paid.
Oh sorry, your house rent too
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by tunary(m): 8:03pm On Jul 14, 2020
franugo:

Tar Mirage
Thank me now
So you people still have faith in this government eh
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by r4roty(m): 8:03pm On Jul 14, 2020
Nice palliative measure to cushion the devastating effect of covid 19 on the teachers of private schools nationally. Kudos to FG
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by Emma1Oj(m): 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2020
Audio promise.. anyone who put hope on this will die waiting..wait and c how lai Mohammed will come out tomoro n say they were misunderstood.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2020
Mrshape:

Me done already they inform my schools too.
Make them know say I day aware.

I teach mathematics in five schools I believe I will get all my salaries

Which subject do you teach?

Lol... Yes o! Very important. Before they act like they didn't see or hear it.

I teach phonetics/diction and phonics.

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by messenger4891: 8:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
I can't figure out why people don't understand that the problem here is that Nigeria ideology of politics along party affiliations were built on wrong footage as a nation..no nationality....

what has ever come through the years of regimes,both military and civilians cum democracy..

sustainability as a country should be above personal interest ....promise upon promise till when....

ok until then.

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by samwash(m): 8:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
Which category of private schools ?
Does it include those mushroom private schools?
FG better state their terms & conditions
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by Mrshape: 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2020
Eulalia:

Lol... Yes o! Very important. Before they act like they didn't see or hear it.

I teach phonetics/diction and phonics.

My guess was correct, because when a school accept female part time teachers
They are usually phonetics is like men don't know phonetics. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by HDT13(m): 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
A region will enjoy the most
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by Mrshape: 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
samwash:
Which category of private schools ?
Does it include those mushroom private schools?
FG better state their terms & conditions
As far they pay tax.
That should not be a problem to locate the teachers.

Many of does schools you call mushroom pay taxes too for the proprietor and the teachers
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by Ezmans: 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
ugohdignity111:
Alright!!!!!

Nice move if it is going to be implemented without the looters diverting the funds to their personal accounts
� percent fake news
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by tunary(m): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2020
NegroAcheiver:

Pls help me.Im hungry and I didn't see site work today.Pls have mercy O242O11694 gtb.Pls
So you depend on daily income for survival? reach me through my email
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by MT: 8:12pm On Jul 14, 2020
You cant build something on Nothing. Without credible data, we are still fooling around. This President of Private schhol and his cohort will be the big beneficiaries.
Re: FG Agrees To Pay Some Private School Teachers Salary - Yomi Otubela by Sheriman(m): 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2020
You go wait untill da kingdom come

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Right Response To "How Do You Do? / Protest: UNIBEN Students Seize CBN Bullion Van, Army Vehicle (Video) / Lagos School Principal Becomes A Student For One Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.