Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo (5083 Views)

Agatu:Reno Omokri Replies Adesina:U Remind Me Of Malu Who Laugh At Odi Genocide / Wikileaks - USA Wanted Nigerian Army General Victor Malu Dismissed? / Retired General Victor Malu's Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by conscience(m): 1:28pm On Jan 31, 2006
"FORMER Chief of Army Staff, General Victor Malu said, yesterday, he regretted not overthrowing President Olusegun Obasanjo’s government while  he was in service. Malu spoke at the General Assembly of the umbrella organisation of all northern cultural unions, Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), in Kaduna. "

Full story @
http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/2002/headline/f131012006.html

Do you consider Malu's speech as :
1. Treasonable?
2. Freedom of speech?
3. Incitement?
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by ono(m): 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2006
Much as I dislike OBJ and his style of leadership, this Malu's talk is just way too much for me to comprehend. I think he should be arrested and charged for treason, before he throws the country into another round of military misrule.

But, why will such statements not come from Malu? I will not blame the man too much. He's perplexed at the way OBJ is ruling the country. Look at the way OBJ is handling everything that affects the country. From economic to education, infrastructural development to agriculture, all you see is rot, decay and stench. Instead of job opportunities, you see unemployment at it's peak in the history of this country. Our hospitals are actually morgues. The aviation sector is comatose. Road and rail networks - just forget about that one. Electricity, well, need I say more about the decay in the power sector?

So, if one Malu feels he had the opportunity of terminating OBJ and his bunch of goons and numskulls and he did not do so, and he's regretting, then let the man be.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Chxta(m): 2:31pm On Jan 31, 2006
Treason by reason of incitement...
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by rikkyjen(m): 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2006
Malu deservesto answer charges on attempted treason!!!! i can bet my balls that before this week runs out he is gonna be a guest of SSS
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by owo(m): 3:47pm On Jan 31, 2006
He is using his  freedom of speech.

Has he incited any one?......NO. He just voiced out his regret.
Treason??.... Certainly not. He has not been caught planning to remove the president.

In any case, who really put the current Government in power. The people?? Or did they comit a treason against the people by installing themselves in power against our wishes??
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by demmy(m): 4:14pm On Jan 31, 2006
I can't see anything treasonable in that speech as much as I disagree with it. Its the same thing as me saying I regret not stealing books from the library when I was in school. stupid maybe but not treasonable.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Mariory(m): 4:19pm On Jan 31, 2006
It's a good thing idiots like him are no longer in a position of authority. It's because of his kind of ideaology that Nigeria is in the problem we are in today. People like him are just thirsty for power.

He can keep regretting that's his problem. We are moving on wheater he likes it or not. By the way, Nigeria's credit rating has improved and we're now level with countries like Brazil. ---Fitch Rating----

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article07/310606
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by owo(m): 5:28pm On Jan 31, 2006
If General Malu who served Nigeria for donkey years and retired to his own house is an Idiot, then there is no adjective in the dictionary to describe those that retired and came back to ensure that Federal Government houses are sold to members of their family.

Indeed there is no word bad enough to describe those that ejected Federal Government staff from Federal government houses so that they can make money. Some of the evictees even died in the process.

If Malu (as rough as he is) is thirsty for power then those that are behind the  blood-thirsty, arson-commiting god-fathers all over the land (including sitting and dining with them) deserve to be tried for treason.

If having a credit rating equal to Brazil's (maybe because $12bn of the blood money was used to pay some debt) is something to cheer about, then those that stole the loans are saints and will be 'canonised' by 'angel gabriel' himself.

May the wailing women arise and weep for Nigeria - the land that exalts mediocrity.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Mariory(m): 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2006
May people also begin to reliase that it took several years for nigeria to almost become a failed state and that it will also take several years+ for society to return to the standard of living in the 80's.

May people also begin to see that the world doesn't revolve around them despite their religion, ideaologies, ethnicity, or nationality.

May people also begin to realiase that their hate and negativity about Nigeria, and all good news associated with it is something most nigerians could care less about.

May the cheering chariots arise and cheer for Nigeria - for we are destined to be a great country despite those people.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Odeku(m): 6:01pm On Jan 31, 2006
Well the only reason this man is making all this noise now is because he is broke, and not getting any contract from people in power, this man should be arrested and prosecuted. This is the kind of people killing our country.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Seun(m): 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2006
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by otokx(m): 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2006
General Malu is entitled to his opinion.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by ijebuman(m): 7:06pm On Jan 31, 2006
Its treason, he is an ex military guy he should know better than to make irresponsible statements, would he make such a statement if it was a military government.

This statement could be seen by other Northerners in the military as a sign of support for a coup. Regardless of my personal opinion of OBJ's government i still think the 'worst' civilian government is better than the 'best' military dictatorship.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Odeku(m): 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2006
Thank you Ijebuman, this guy should be invited for interrogation, statement like that can destabilize a country
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by dejiolowe: 8:49pm On Jan 31, 2006
they should hang the guy. was he not the one that went to kill ppl at odi?
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Olorididan(m): 12:59am On Feb 01, 2006
As they say .... Silence is the best answer for a FOOL..... lipsrsealed
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Akolawole(m): 1:28am On Feb 01, 2006
ono:

So, if one Malu feels he had the opportunity of terminating OBJ and his bunch of goons and numskulls and he did not do so, and he's regretting, then let the man be.

Which means what
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Akolawole(m): 1:30am On Feb 01, 2006
Odeku
Good comments,keep it up
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Akolawole(m): 1:32am On Feb 01, 2006
otokx:

General Malu is entitled to his opinion.

This is pure treason.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by ono(m): 7:45am On Feb 01, 2006
Did you guys read this?

''Malu disclosed that the N17 billion that the former Inspector-General of Police stole was actually given to the then police boss to rig the 2003 general elections.

He asid, "this was the money that Tafa Balogun got to rig the elections for Gen. Obasanjo. He [Balogun] did the job but in the process he was very selfish, he did notshare this money with his commanders. They were the ones who reported this case, not to Obasanjo but to the EFCC. By the time the facts came out it was too late for Obasanjo to stop the investigation."

This man seems to be opening[b] cans of worm[/b]!!
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by dejiolowe: 7:53am On Feb 01, 2006
he's not opening any can. unless he wants to be canned. why is he talking about it now? when it was money to rig, how come he didnt talk then. man, malu is a spineless soldier. a disgrace to the military. a whiner.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by ababoy1(m): 8:12am On Feb 01, 2006
Once again most of us are letting our bias get the better of us. The man simply said he regretted not overthrowing OBJ. What is so complex to understand in that statement? Can a man not say what he feels without being run down? Does anyone here frankly think that Gen. Malu is the only one that actually holds such feelings?

Calling him names just doesn’t cut it!
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by ono(m): 8:12am On Feb 01, 2006
Oya, make them go arrest the man now. Me, I dey kampe. And I dey wait.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Chxta(m): 9:36am On Feb 01, 2006
Someone here said that Malu's statement was not inciting...

Incite: To provoke and urge on

A respected ex-general talking about how he should have overthrown the government of the day, if that is not putting ideas in the heads of younger soldiers, I wonder what is...
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by TITUSYEKE(m): 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2006
Nigerians wouldn't have believed malu then.Such an idea will be better if OBJ refuse to in 2007.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by Jossef(m): 1:53pm On Feb 01, 2006
I have always wondered what some people think about Nigeria?  Though Victor Malu have every right  to say his mind but  he has a question to answer to Nigeria people. Why are you regretting now? Is it because you were  edged out of the government? were you not part of the game were supremacy,  Godfatherism,  thugeries  rains?  When you choose to dine with the devil your spoon must be long enough at all times.  May be you will still regrets later not overthrowing the  new group  you are dining with now. My friend stops regretting because regret is a sin. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by TITUSYEKE(m): 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2006
Malu should also chant the cause of rotational presidency to favour the minorities.the north/south rotational dichotomy is an attempted plan by the hausa/fulani to cage the minorities in the north so i wish to advise the general that in as much as the core north is planning to use him and others they should be concious of this fact.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by yemstrad(f): 2:05pm On Feb 01, 2006
This is annoying. Seriously annoying at this time that we believe the worst civilian regime is better than the best military regime we have ever seen in this country.

This is pure incitement in its most crude form. The message he is passing simply is that, the guys presently in the military should overthrow OBJ now so that they will not regret like him later.

I mean, the message is clear enough for even a lunatic on the street to comprehend. The man should be arrested now and made to explain the objective of that statement to Nigerians.

This is not a solidarity to any one person, not at all. It is a solidarity to Nigeria as our one and only beloved country. We are tired of nonentities like this Malu who will never see beyond their personal gains and interests.

The moment they lost out of any power equation, they will start doing everything to bring Nigeria down  angry angry angry angry angry.

Nigeria is greater than any one person.

Long live the Ibos
Long live the Yorubas
Long live the Hausas
Long live other ethnic groups
Long live one Nigeria.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by kenflavor(m): 3:51pm On Feb 01, 2006
yemstrad, deji, Jossef, olorididan, odeku, ijebuman and Chxta, may the Lord always be with you all for making sensible comments.
You have all said what I had in mind. I wonder what on earth will make that MALU of a man to think or make such a destructive statement? May be, he doesn't understand the gravity of such statement in a country like Nigeria.

Nairalanders don't be surprised if these young military boys start arranging on how to topple the goverment of Obasanjo.

That man deserves 100 strokes of Bilala
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by REDRABBIT: 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2006
That MALU of a guy is such a looser. Why is he crying out so loud now? His speech in the 'ACF' simply depicts him as a cowardice.
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by kenflavor(m): 5:00pm On Feb 01, 2006
yeah Rabbit, u are right
Re: General Malu Regrets Not Overthrowing Obasanjo by dejiolowe: 5:04pm On Feb 01, 2006
kenflavor:

That man deserves 100 strokes of Bilala

he should be made to knee down, close his eyes and raise hands for 100 days at eagle square...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Like How Nigeria Is Being Run - Ibori / Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus / Results From Gombe State as at 10pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.