Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. (4415 Views)

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Tuska: 4:55am On Jul 19, 2020
jmoore:
Deuteronomy 14: 23" Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always."

For better clarification on tithing, check this thread >> https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama

You are ignorant. Let me ask you. How many types of tithe do you know?
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 5:01am On Jul 19, 2020
Tuska:
You are ignorant. Let me ask you. How many types of tithe do you know?
There is only one tithing law... nothing more. The definition of the Tithing law is broken down into several pieces but they all form the same law.

Leviticus 27 vs 30-34 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
31. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

This is what God told you to do with the Tithe He commanded of you.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25. The Lord said to Moses,
26. Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27. That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28. In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29. When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22. Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23. Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God. At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops: one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.
24. But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25. sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26. Use the money to buy anything you want: cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food. Then you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.
27. But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you have.
28. At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29. Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God will bless you in everything you do.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 - 15 ERV
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13. You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land: a land filled with many good things."

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command ,"Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you."

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 5:37am On Jul 19, 2020
truespeak:
Mr Liar, False Accuser and Breaker of the Laws of God!
Keep repeating yourself, seeking to change your allegation and raising a fresh allegation and showing off your Foolishness and Wickedness in it all.
Now I see and understand why some one (dekulf) and others have said they do not bother to engage you. I am with them!
Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspect you have obeyed in your years as a tither

Leviticus 27 vs 30-34 ERV
30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
31. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

This is what God told you to do with the Tithe He commanded of you.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
25. The Lord said to Moses,
26. Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27. That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28. In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29. When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.

24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God
will bless you in everything you do.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 - 15 ERV
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13. You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land: a land filled with many good things."

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command ,"Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you."

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by chatinent: 1:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
Tuska:

There is nothing like first-century Christians.
Why do you think so?
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Slurity(m): 4:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
chijokz:

Just curious, what church do you attend?
All Christians Fellowship Ministry. ACFM
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by rottennaija(m): 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
chatinent:
The first century Christians gave as they resolved in their heart, not under compulsion. These pastors are mere business men; them all.

All organised religion are businesses. They are more concerned about the growth and prosperity of the religion than in doing God's will
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
rottennaija:

All organised religion are businesses. They are more concerned about the growth and prosperity of the religion than in doing God's will

Jesus and his followers were well organized and they concerned about the growth and prosperity of the group just like JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are doing today {John 15:8} so what exactly do you mean by the term "doing God's will" which Jesus and his followers did in the first century but you think is missing today? undecided
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by rottennaija(m): 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
Maximus69:

Jesus and his followers were well organized and they concerned about the growth and prosperity of the group just like JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are doing today {John 15:8} so what exactly do you mean by the term "doing God's will" which Jesus and his followers did in the first century but you think is missing today? undecided

These are religious organisations and they are all welled organised.
Catholic
Methodist
Apostolic
Deeper Life
Scientology
Seventh Days Adventist
Baptist
Jehovah's Witnesses
Church of Christ etc

All these are well organised.
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Askme2020(m): 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

"Christians" don't care about what God has to say. They are just looking for power to prosper and for protection against the devil and their enemies (real and imagined). These "men of God" fulfill these needs. Reason why they can kill to defend their moG but are mild when people are blasphemous towards God.
Religion is a scam
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
rottennaija:

Catholic
Methodist
Apostolic
Deeper Life
Scientology
Seventh Days Adventist
Baptist
Jehovah's Witnesses
Church of Christ etc

well organized in what way? undecided

All you have listed are religious businesses, some of the worst businesses in the world because they all function to take from their members but give near nothing tangible back, well, except to the business owners themselves.
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by rottennaija(m): 5:29am On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
well organized in what way? undecided

All you have listed are religious businesses, some of the worst businesses in the world because they all function to take from their members but give near nothing tangible back, well, except to the business owners themselves.

Yes I know they are religious business and the worst form of pyramid scheme. But they are all organisation and to survive in their form and size, they must be well organised.
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 5:34am On Jul 20, 2020
rottennaija:
Yes I know they are religious business and the worst form of pyramid scheme. But they are all organisation and to survive in their form and size, they must be well organised.
You have a point there

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2020
rottennaija:

Catholic
Methodist
Apostolic
Deeper Life
Scientology
Seventh Days Adventist
Baptist
Jehovah's Witnesses
Church of Christ etc

Do you mean all these religions teach their members not to participate in racism in killing members of their own group in other places?

Because the real meaning of organize is when people are trained to maintain protocols, so that there is no disruption amongst them! undecided
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You have a point there

That's why you need more enlightenment my guy, the word ORGANIZED could be used for business ventures thus when talking about sacred service members should see themselves as brothers.

There are three types of brotherhood, brothers by

Blood~ You're related by birth, you can't rightly say they are organized when members of the same family can be instigated to start killing one another by external forces.

Business~ You're related by trade, you're not organized if some external forces can influence you to turn against the business that's benefitting all of you as a family.

Faith~ You agreed on the same code of conduct, you can't say you're organized when none members of the family influenced you to take up weapons against your fellow believer living in other places.

Only Jehovah's Witnesses understands this, the rest will quickly trash their so called Jesus when racism demands they do so, but JWs will never i repeat never take up weapons against their fellowman because Jesus commanded them never to take up weapons against anyone. Matthew 26:52

That's what rottennaija is mixing up to confuse you! smiley
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by rottennaija(m): 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

Do you mean all these religions teach their members not to participate in racism in killing members of their own group in other places?

Because the real meaning of organize is when people are trained to maintain protocols, so that there is no disruption amongst them! undecided

First of all Maximus69, I will ask you to shut up about this racism. Racism is an intricate part of JWs history and is still in play today. Take a look at the leadership of your religion, how many black do you see? How many Asians, Africans among others?

Also, take a look at your history. Do you see evidence of racism against blacks and others?

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2020
rottennaija:

First of all Maximus69, I will ask you to shut up about this racism. Racism is an intricate part of JWs history and is still in play today. Take a look at the leadership of your religion, how many black do you see? How many Asians, Africans among others?

Also, take a look at your history. Do you see evidence of racism against blacks and others?

You don't understand what racism means my guy, nobody cares who or where those taking the lead in God's Organization comes from or how they're been selected. What matters is the peace permeating their gathering.
Are the members unitedly working together as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers?
Learn from experience my guy, if it's an ibo man that's able to rule Nigeria so that the country could have what we really need to continue progressing, there is no need changing him that is where racism is hurting you people! wink
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by rottennaija(m): 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

You don't understand what racism means my guy, nobody cares who or where those taking the lead in God's Organization comes from or how they're been selected. What matters is the peace permeating their gathering.
Are the members unitedly working together as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers?
Learn from experience my guy, if it's an ibo man that's able to rule Nigeria so that the country could have what we really need to continue progressing, there is no need changing him that is where racism is hurting you people! wink

Bros, abeg, go and rest.
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
rottennaija:

Bros, abeg, go and rest.

You can see that you've got no point, the word "organized" you don't know the meaning, now "racism" again you missed the import! cheesy
So you can't even phantom flimsy and cheap gimmicks politicians often use to influence gullible people to start kicking against well organized setting!
Why don't you kick against God's selection of all his prophets from Israel?

Endeavour to learn boy, try to learn! wink
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by rottennaija(m): 1:51pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

You can see that you've got no point, the word "organized" you don't know the meaning, now "racism" again you missed the import! cheesy
So you can't even phantom flimsy and cheap gimmicks politicians often use to influence gullible people to start kicking against well organized setting!
Why don't you kick against God's selection of all his prophets from Israel?

Endeavour to learn boy, try to learn! wink

Ok
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 2:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

That's why you need more enlightenment my guy, the word ORGANIZED could be used for business ventures thus when talking about sacred service members should see themselves as brothers.

There are three types of brotherhood, brothers by

Blood~ You're related by birth, you can't rightly say they are organized when members of the same family can be instigated to start killing one another by external forces.

Business~ You're related by trade, you're not organized if some external forces can influence you to turn against the business that's benefitting all of you as a family.

Faith~ You agreed on the same code of conduct, you can't say you're organized when none members of the family influenced you to take up weapons against your fellow believer living in other places.

Only Jehovah's Witnesses understands this, the rest will quickly trash their so called Jesus when racism demands they do so, but JWs will never i repeat never take up weapons against their fellowman because Jesus commanded them never to take up weapons against anyone. Matthew 26:52

That's what rottennaija is mixing up to confuse you! smiley
rubbish! All you mentioned are business entities organized in their ways.
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by rottennaija(m): 2:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

At times I marvel if he understands what he writes
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Thanks you're right, only JWs are ORGANIZED for the Prince of Peace! smiley
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

Thanks you're right, only JWs are ORGANIZED for the Prince of Peace! smiley
keep telling yourself that ..
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
keep telling yourself that ..

Over 9,000,000 globally have found out the truth about that, and they're seriously working together to help others IDENTIFY the one and only ORGANIZED group belonging to the Prince of Peace! Micah 4:1-3 wink
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

Over 9,000,000 globally have found out the truth about that, and they're seriously working together to help others IDENTIFY the one and only ORGANIZED group belonging to the Prince of Peace! Micah 4:1-3 wink
Identify what now? Na wetin God send you be that? undecided
Jesus Christ never sent His followers out to do such. That was and has always been man's agenda, to create and grow his own group and kingdom thinking he can do so on behalf of God.

Shows you how foolish men, especially many so-called men of God, really think God to be.
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Identify what now?

For your information Sir i practiced Islam before i began developing interest in Jesus because of the love i have for PEACE. The Bible referred to Jesus as the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} so i knew that the group where Jesus will be working with must have certain qualities {Matthew 18:20} So Jesus organized a group in the first century and they were RECOGNIZED as a group due to certain things he taught his followers {Act 11:26} therefore if someone is claiming Christian but can't grasp the qualities of Christianity, such a person can't work with Jesus who taught his followers to work as a team! Luke 11:23

Na wetin God send you be that?

I wasn't a Christian from the start, it's the mark of true Christianity which Jesus specified {John 13:34-35} helped me to distinguish his real followers out of the fake religious groups claiming Christians! John 13:34-35

Jesus Christ never sent His followers out to do such. That was and has always been man's agenda, to create and grow his own group and kingdom thinking he can do so on behalf of God.

Shows you how foolish men, especially many so-called men of God, really think God to be.

Jesus surely sent out his followers to make sure they're no part of the world {John 17:14-16} to continue upholding a high standard that all can see {Matthew 5:13-16} to work together for the peace that's permeating their midst to show clearly that they're truly followers of the Prince of Peace! John 14:27

God bless you! smiley

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

For your information Sir i practiced Islam before i began developing interest in Jesus because of the love i have for PEACE. The Bible referred to Jesus as the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} so i knew that the group where Jesus will be working with must have certain qualities {Matthew 18:20} So Jesus organized a group in the first century and they were RECOGNIZED as a group due to certain things he taught his followers {Act 11:26} therefore if someone is claiming Christian but can't grasp the qualities of Christianity, such a person can't work with Jesus who taught his followers to work as a team! Luke 11:23

I wasn't a Christian from the start, it's the mark of true Christianity which Jesus specified {John 13:34-35} helped me to distinguish his real followers out of the fake religious groups claiming Christians! John 13:34-35

Jesus surely sent out his followers to make sure they're no part of the world {John 17:14-16} to continue upholding a high standard that all can see {Matthew 5:13-16} to work together for the peace that's permeating their midst to show clearly that they're truly followers of the Prince of Peace! John 14:27
God bless you! smiley
I didn't become a follower of Jesus Christ until sometime in 2017 myself but that does not change or take anything away from the Truth of God.

Your "prince of peace" also told you that He has not come to bring peace but to bring a sword. Did you also consider that when you were making your decision?

You really think the group you belong to, a group organized with doctrines and traditions of men, and instructed by men, has something to do with the first Christians? undecided
Yet another structure built up by the hands of men to house God belongs to God? undecided

Like I said, keep telling yourself that...
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I didn't become a follower of Jesus Christ until sometime in 2017 myself but that does not change or take anything away from the Truth of God.
Jehovah's Witnesses preached and taught me the things Jesus commanded {Matthew 28:20} remember the Jews Jesus sent his followers to already had the scriptures before you, so where did you learn about Jesus? Who taught you? Hebrew 13:7

Your "prince of peace" also told you that He has not come to bring peace but to bring a sword. Did you also consider that when you were making your decision?

The sword Jesus talked about wasn't a physical weapon {Ephesians 6:17} otherwise he could have used physical weapons himself or at least train his followers how to kill with it {Matthew 26:52} Jesus was referring to the division that will occur in relationships if a member chose to be his follower! Matthew 10:34-39

You really think the group you belong to, a group organized with doctrines and traditions of men, and instructed by men, has something to do with the first Christians? undecided
Yet another structure built up by the hands of men to house God belongs to God? undecided

Like I said, keep telling yourself that...

Jesus did established a group in the first century so any honest hearted and sincere person must be aware of the attributes of that first century group! Act 1:8

You may not like this but that's the bitter truth, if you want to worship in isolation without being a member of any RECOGNIZED group it's OK. But the Jesus of the Bible taught his followers must be RECOGNIZED as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers! 1Corinthians 1:10, 14:33 compare to John 17:21-23 smiley
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

Jehovah's Witnesses preached and taught me the things Jesus commanded {Matthew 28:20} remember the Jews Jesus sent his followers to already had the scriptures before you, so where did you learn about Jesus? Who taught you? Hebrew 13:7
The sword Jesus talked about wasn't a physical weapon {Ephesians 6:17} otherwise he could have used physical weapons himself or at least train his followers how to kill with it {Matthew 26:52} Jesus was referring to the division that will occur in relationships if a member chose to be his follower! Matthew 10:34-39
Jesus did established a group in the first century so any honest hearted and sincere person must be aware of the attributes of that first century group! Act 1:8
You may not like this but that's the bitter truth, if you want to worship in isolation without being a member of any RECOGNIZED group it's OK. But the Jesus of the Bible taught his followers must be RECOGNIZED as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers! 1Corinthians 1:10, 14:33 compare to John 17:21-23 smiley

Um.. the sword Jesus Christ spoke of was explained in the next verses that followed His statement. Going all the way to Ephesians for answers to that.. undecided

I don't worship/serve God in isolation. That is impossible to do.

Anyways, when it comes to Jesus Christ, and becoming His follower, know that there is no group/team plan. Like Jesus Christ said, if you dont deny yourself and carry your own cross, you are not worthy of being his follower.
Your group won't get you anywhere beyond the kingdom of men. What will get you in the Kingdom of God though is recognizing that God demands your obedience and will accept nothing less.
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Um.. the sword Jesus Christ spoke of was explained in the next verses that followed His statement. Going all the way to Ephesians for answers to that.. undecided

I don't worship/serve God in isolation. That is impossible to do.

Anyways, when it comes to Jesus Christ, and becoming His follower, know that there is no group/team plan. Like Jesus Christ said, if you dont deny yourself and carry your own cross, you are not worthy of being his follower.
Your group won't get you anywhere beyond the kingdom of men. What will get you in the Kingdom of God though is recognizing that God demands your obedience and will accept nothing less.

Obedience to what?

My friend the group is inevitable, because in the absence of group you can't know who are your fellow worshipers with whom you're to continue encouraging one another to remain in the rules to which you must be obedient! Hebrew 10:24-25

You'll notice that each point comes with scriptural backings! wink
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

Obedience to what?

My friend the group is inevitable, because in the absence of group you can't know who are your fellow worshipers with whom you're to continue encouraging one another to remain in the rules to which you must be obedient! Hebrew 10:24-25

You'll notice that each point comes with scriptural backings! wink

Obedience of the commandments of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ.

I am glad you found yourself yet another group to belong to. The key to the heart of God and to the Kingdom of God remains Obedience of His commandments and His commandments alone. Doctrines and traditions of men will only serve to rob you of God's promises and power. So stay away from the lies that man tells.

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
Tuska:
There is nothing like first-century Christians.
Actually there is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy / What Does It Mean To Be A "Neither Cold Nor Hot" Christian? - Olamide Obire / God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.