Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. (4428 Views)

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor: "Eat Your Tithe And Die Quick" / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Obedience of the commandments of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ.

I am glad you found yourself yet another group to belong to. The key to the heart of God and to the Kingdom of God remains Obedience of His commandments and His commandments alone. Doctrines and traditions of men will only serve to rob you of God's promises and power. So stay away from the lies that man tells.

I've heard you jare, so keep obeying as everyone else also claims they're obeying! cheesy

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

I've heard you jare, so keep obeying as everyone else also claims they're obeying! cheesy
what matters is what you do for the good of your own soul
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
what matters is what you do for the good of your own soul

You garrit! grin
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Jul 20, 2020
delkuf:
That guy is all of them. He doesn't quote for he knows that I know all in secret. How is one paying his tithe to the church make him a liar.
Because you have chosen to live a lie told you in the name of God.
And you go about thinking that spreading that lie in the name of God somehow cancels the fact that it was always a lie

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by delkuf(m): 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
And you go about thinking that spreading that lie in the name of God somehow cancels the fact that it was always a lie
let me live a lie. it's my life. I will continue to pay my tithe till I die.
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I thought you said it's OK when people OBEY the commandments! smiley
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

I thought you said it's OK when people OBEY the commandments! smiley
yes, I said that , so?
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
yes, I said that , so?
Commandments included tithing nah and the guy is paying his tithe according to the commandments! Deuteronomy 14:22; Malachi 3:9-12

So there is no way to justify your claim that he is lying nah!

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

Commandments included tithing nah and the guy is paying his tithe according to the commandments! Deuteronomy 14:22; Malachi 3:9-12

No, He is not paying His tithe according to God's own Commandments so yes it is a lie. In fact it would be impossible for him to do that even since he is a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
No, He is not paying His tithe according to God's own Commandments so yes it is a lie.
My guy, once you discard grouping of true Christians there is no way you can distinguish between truth and lie.

There must be a group that's practicing what is true so interested persons can learn how things ought to be done amongst them, in the absence of grouping, you can't stand in isolation and start condemning how others practice their own Christianity! wink

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

My guy, once you discard grouping of true Christians there is no way you can distinguish between truth and lie.

There must be a group that's practicing what is true so interested persons can learn how things ought to be done amongst them, in the absence of grouping, you can't stand in isolation and start condemning how others practice their own Christianity! wink
What the heck has this to do with the response I posted?

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What the heck has this to do with the response I posted?

You can't say "this is lie" "that is lie" when you can not present, point, show or direct people to where the truth is practiced!

So it means you're also a liar!

There must be a group practicing the truth where you can direct interested persons to see how the truth operates. Remember everyone will quote the Bible to support whatever they practice, but it is by observing the result in the midst of adherents that truth can be justified! smiley

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maximus69:

You can't say "this is lie" "that is lie" when you can not present, point, show or direct people to where the truth is practiced!

So it means you're also a liar!

There must be a group practicing the truth where you can direct interested persons to see how the truth operates. Remember everyone will quote the Bible to support whatever they practice, but it is by observing the result in the midst of adherents that truth can be justified! smiley

I can call a lie a lie! No commandment of God is against doing just that!.

So, if you have nothing intelligent to add, i suggest you simply accept you are never going to sell me on your "group" deal there that you keep thinking you can push on me.

1 Like

Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by 22brains(m): 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
rottennaija:

These are religious organisations and they are all welled organised.
Catholic
Methodist
Apostolic
Deeper Life
Scientology
Seventh Days Adventist
Baptist
Jehovah's Witnesses
Church of Christ etc

All these are well organised.
most practices of today's churches are shameful. The Catholic precisely. They bow to images. Am not judging though
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:

So, if you have nothing intelligent to add, i suggest you simply accept you are never going to sell me on your "group" deal there that you keep thinking you can push on me.

Well that's why others will also call you a liar and there's nothing you can say because you can't point to any group practicing the truth that's working out what is expected of God's people! James 2:18-26

Good morning! smiley
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by somehow: 9:26am On Jul 21, 2020
Maximus69:

Well that's why others will also call you a liar and there's nothing you can say because you can't point to any group practicing the truth that's working out what is expected of God's people! James 2:18-26

Good morning! smiley

Salvation is personal, why do you need a group to make heaven or discern lies from truth in this jet age?
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 21, 2020
somehow:

Salvation is personal, why do you need a group to make heaven or discern lies from truth in this jet age?

You need a group for the following reasons.

(1)To worship with as separate from the world that is influenced by bad associations claiming worshipers of God! Psalms 1:1
(2)To be well organized in doing the work Jesus assigned to his faithful followers. Matthew 28:19-10; Act 1:8
(3)To continue getting needed timely spiritual nourishment for your family. Hebrew 10:24-24
(4)To help your children know the type of close associates they need. 1Corinthians 15:33
(5)To measure the spiritual growth of your family. 1Timothy 4:11-16

Without any specific group in mind, there is no way you can distinguish between those serving God rightly and those not serving him {Malachi 3:16-18} and every religion will become appealing to you because you'll find both good and bad people practicing it, so you can't explain what is wrong in any religion if there is no unique group to present as the one doing things right! smiley
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by somehow: 11:19am On Jul 21, 2020
Maximus69:

You need a group for the following reasons.

(1)To worship with as separate from the world that is influenced by bad associations claiming worshipers of God! Psalms 1:1
(2)To be well organized in doing the work Jesus assigned to his faithful followers. Matthew 28:19-10; Act 1:8
(3)To continue getting needed timely spiritual nourishment for your family. Hebrew 10:24-24
(4)To help your children know the type of close associates they need. 1Corinthians 15:33
(5)To measure the spiritual growth of your family. 1Timothy 4:11-16

Without any specific group in mind, there is no way you can distinguish between those serving God rightly and those not serving him {Malachi 3:16-18} and every religion will become appealing to you because you'll find both good and bad people practicing it, so you can't explain what is wrong in any religion if there is no unique group to present as the one doing things right! smiley

You do not need a group

You only need 1 or 2 persons and a sincere heart.
The holy spirit will then come into your midst and teach you in all truths.

Your job is not to know who is serving God or not, your job is to preach to others using your behavior and to keep your eyes on the priZe =Heaven

I repeat again, you do not need a group to serve God or make heaven.
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 21, 2020
somehow:

You do not need a group

You only need 1 or 2 persons and a sincere heart.

Your job is not to know who is serving God or not, your job is to preach to others using your behavior and to keep your eyes on the priZe =Heaven

You've spoken the minds of men not God's mind, note that throughout your comment you can't even quote one single portion from God's word.
Instead you insist on arguing using man-made traditions.

Nevertheless worshiping God acceptably is the aim of his sheep that's why they're always looking for where, how, what the group is doing so that they can join in worshiping the true God.

But it's clear you're not of that sort so go and do whatever pleases you, Jesus sheep know that it's important they IDENTIFY fellow believers in order for timely interchange of counsel and encouragement to continue flowing amongst them.

So stick to your opinion, we know those we were asked to search thoroughly for {Matthew 10:6} definitely you're not one of such! Luke 11:23 smiley
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by somehow: 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
Maximus69:

You've spoken the minds of men not God's mind, note that throughout your comment you can't even quote one single portion from God's word.
Instead you insist on arguing using man-made traditions.

Nevertheless worshiping God acceptably is the aim of his sheep that's why they're always looking for where, how, what the group is doing so that they can join in worshiping the true God.

But it's clear you're not of that sort so go and do whatever pleases you, Jesus sheep know that it's important they IDENTIFY fellow believers in order for timely interchange of counsel and encouragement to continue flowing amongst them.

So stick to your opinion, we know those we were asked to search thoroughly for {Matthew 10:6} definitely you're not one of such! Luke 11:23 smiley

So men wrote "wherever two or three are gathered in his name, he is there in their midst"?

Did I write that?
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:

No you can not. Once you say a person lies, you must give Proof and Direct Particulars of the lie, WHICH YOU DID NOT!

Especially when Asked to Present your Proof, you started chewing your mouth, laying nothing concrete to shift the burden of proof, which you know very well since you are a lawyer, and yet you did not do it.

A person who calls another person a liar with no Proof is himself a liar and a perjurer and a False Witnesss!
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:
No, He is not paying His tithe according to God's own Commandments so yes it is a lie. In fact it would be impossible for him to do that even since he is a Nigerian.

You really must be insane of some sorts or variety.

How does a person paying tithe, transcend to being a liar?

It is either that you Possess Special knowledge that the person pays his tithe or does not pay his tithe, which you do not possess.

Neither are your the employer or the bank or the tithe or the church or pastor who receives it, so it is a shame to you to call him a liar when you can not possess the specific knowledge to Prove the alleged lie.

And of course as I said before that you must suffer some form of mental disability for surely You Would Have Known That No One can be liar for Attempting to Abide with the Law, but only an insane person will say so.
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2020
somehow:
You do not need a group. You only need 1 or 2 persons and a sincere heart.
Heaven most definitely does not offer a 'group plan' because each and every person will answer for His deeds.

I believe that if and when the Spirit is ready to have one work with others, He will lead one to the other(s) in His own time. Until then, one is not to assume that others must be involved in order for God's Will to be done through self.
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2020
somehow:

So men wrote "wherever two or three are gathered in his name, he is there in their midst"?

Did I write that?

Jesus said wherever two or three and it means the least number that you can use to evaluate the group belonging to him.

According to God's word, only one person can't bear witness in any case, it must be at least three or two persons, but that doesn't mean witness born by the two or three will be taken against millions of Witnesses! smiley

So get the cleaner understanding of God's word, he cherishes millions of Witnesses as long as they're in harmony, but at least if they're two or three that's in harmony, God values their union.

That's the import of what Jesus said, not that you now discard the witness born by millions of people who are peacefully, doing things in order! smiley
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2020
somehow:
Did I write that?

John 14 vs 23-24 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
23. Jesus answered, “All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them.
24. But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me.
Each individual already has the full load of the power of God inside of 'em too
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by desiredhome: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2020
Maximus69:

Tithe is not a commandment, paying of tithe is not among the ten commandments neither did Christ teaches you to pay tithe, Christianity is Christ like (working/living like) according to the teaching of Christ.........

Father Abraham that is always referred to did not pay tithe to a church neither did he pay monthly salaries, it was once and it was not from his own earnings...

The greatest among the commandments is Love but they have forsaken that to greed and selfishness (Mathew 23:23b)

Just like it is in normal/civilised/developed society, the tax they pay provide them with basic things of live and the citizens enjoys life and live long.....
In the same manner the church is to care for one another (members) in love .....

But in Nigeria (uncivilized,....) the reverse is the case.....they threaten their members with curses if they don't bring their money to them....bla bla bla.....
The same money they used to build estates, expensive schools,, etc that over 80% of the members cannot afford......

This is wickedness of the highest order and the reason Nigeria is backward and poor......
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
desiredhome:

Tithe is not a commandment, paying of tithe is not among the ten commandments neither did Christ teaches you to pay tithe, Christianity is Christ like (working according to the teaching of Christ)...........

Father Abraham that is always referred to did not pay tithe to a church neither did he pay monthly salaries, it was once and it was not from his own earnings...

The greatest among the commandments is Love but they have forsake that to greed and selfishness

Just like it is in normal/civilised/developed society, the tax they pay provide them with basic things of live and the citizens enjoys life and have long.....
In the same manner the church is to care for one another (members) in love.....

But in Nigeria (uncivilized,....) the reverse is the case.....they threaten their members with curses if they don't bring their money to them......
The same money they used to build estates, expensive schools,, etc that over 80% of the members cannot afford......

This is wickedness of the highest order......

There are over 600 commandments God gave the Israelites! cheesy

It was Moses who asked God saying "all these laws? I've never heard of a nation with such countless laws! So how do you expect them to believe me?"

That's why God told Moses " OK it's true, they'll find it difficult to agree so i'll right TEN on stones, so when they see the ones written on stones, they will believe i gave all the rules"

That's why Jesus said "whoever omits a single one is guilty of the rest".
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by desiredhome: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2020
Maximus69:

There are over 600 commandments God gave the Israelites! cheesy

It was Moses who asked God saying "all these laws? I've never heard of a nation with such countless laws! So how do you expect them to believe me?"

That's why God told Moses " OK it's true, they'll find it difficult to agree so i'll right TEN on stones, so when they see the ones written on stones, they will believe i gave all the rules"

That's why Jesus said "whoever omits a single one is guilty of the rest".

The controversial topic is the tithe, and the tithe is not among the ten commandments or even among the 600 law so to say.....

So why laying so much emphasis on tithe.....
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2020
desiredhome:

The controversial topic is the tithe, and the tithe is not among the ten commandments or even among the 600 law so to say.....
So why laying so much emphasis on tithe.....

The tithe is amongst the law because it had valid reasons to be kept, it's the money used in taking care of the Priests, Levites, Singers as well as foreign residents, widows and orphans in Israel! Deuteronomy 14:26-28

After the nation has divided into two and many have began worshiping other gods, most Israelites stopped bringing their tithes! Nehemiah 13:10

That's why God caused them saying they will not be blessed for ignoring the covenant he had with their forefathers when he gave them the laws! Malachi 3:9-12

But Christianity is another covenant entirely that's different from the one God made with the nation of Israel in the wilderness! Jeremiah 31:31-34

That's why Christians had nothing to do with any of those laws that served as the seal of the covenant between God and the nation of Israel, the new covenant now is CHRIST and Jesus told his own followers that their services must be rendered FREE {Matthew 10:8} so there shouldn't be any minister of Christ to be paid for his ministry because it was given freely and it must be rendered freely!

The Priests, Levites and Singers didn't receive their services freely, they were deprived certain inheritance in exchange for their services to God! Deuteronomy 14:29

That's why the tithe is no more operational amongst true followers of Christ! Hebrew 7:11-12 smiley
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
Slurity:
FOR PAYING TITHE ALONE, YOU ARE NOT FOLLOWING JESUS AS YOUR EXAMPLE. JESUS NEVER PAY TITHE AND HE PREACHED GRACE AND NOT LAW. TITHING IS A LAW. PAYING IT MAKE YOU NOT A CHRISTIAN. WE DON'T PAY TITHE IN MY CHURCH AND WE VIGOROUSLY EXPLAIN WHY TO ANYBODY THAT CARE TO LEARN WHAT THE SPIRIT IS TEACHING
tell them oo!
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:
tell them oo!

The person you're quoting said "we don't pay tithe in my church, and we vigorously explain why to anybody that care to know what the spirit is teaching"

This means a group taught him what he's saying!

That's the importance of recognizing the group that God's Spirit is working with! smiley
Re: Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. by somehow: 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Heaven most definitely does not offer a 'group plan' because each and every person will answer for His deeds.

I believe that if and when the Spirit is ready to have one work with others, He will lead one to the other(s) in His own time. Until then, one is not to assume that others must be involved in order for God's Will to be done through self.

Simple!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Helping The Thinkers Believe, And Helping The Believers Think. / God, Death And Our Belief. / Why Are There No Igbo Muslims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.