Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

In Lagos you are either rich or poor,no middle man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Lagos you are either rich or poor,no middle man (1070 Views)

Igbo Legible Voters In Lagos, You Must Vote On April 11, 2015 / When You Are In Lagos, You Are Almost In Nigeria.... Goodluck Jonathan / Why Do The HAUSA/FULANI Have No Middle Class? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Lagos you are either rich or poor,no middle man by hollandis(f): 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2011
There is a widening and maddening gap between the rich and poor in lagos,the lacuna is so wide and broad and annoying.No light ,no public water yet its so wide(the gap),sometimes I wonder what fashola has done apart from the security issue(which for him is a plus).I really don't know why but there are many poor people in lagos like 80percent of the populace.Tell me why someone will leave his house in the morning(5am and return 8pm) because he wants to earn a salary of 200k,is that not stupidity ,you end up spending the money on housing,transport and some beer if you are lucky to be single.
If the govt is not ready to give basic necessities ,then they should be ashamed of themselves.
Re: In Lagos you are either rich or poor,no middle man by Afam4eva(m): 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2011
Pls go and sit down. The situation is not peculiar to Lagos.
Re: In Lagos you are either rich or poor,no middle man by Afam4eva(m): 9:52pm On Feb 07, 2011
It's middle class not middle man. This is not the chain of distribution ok?
Re: In Lagos you are either rich or poor,no middle man by EzeUche2(m): 9:55pm On Feb 07, 2011
The middle class is nonexistent in Nigeria. It can be barely be seen. You either you rich or you poor. It is as simple as that.
Re: In Lagos you are either rich or poor,no middle man by ShangoThor(m): 10:00pm On Feb 07, 2011
hollandis:

There is a widening and maddening gap between the rich and poor in lagos,the lacuna is so wide and broad and annoying.No light ,no public water yet its so wide(the gap),sometimes I wonder what fashola has done apart from the security issue(which for him is a plus).I really don't know why but there are many poor people in lagos like 80percent of the populace.Tell me why someone will leave his house in the morning(5am and return 8pm) because he wants to earn a salary of 200k,is that not stupidity ,you end up spending the money on housing,transport and some beer if you are lucky to be single.
If the govt is not ready to give basic necessities ,then they should be ashamed of themselves.

Apparently things will get better one day, we complain too much, there are
no hungry mouths in Nigeria, and citizens have never had it so good. wink
Re: In Lagos you are either rich or poor,no middle man by Kobojunkie: 10:05pm On Feb 07, 2011
^^^ Are you high?
Re: In Lagos you are either rich or poor,no middle man by hollandis(f): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2011
@afam4va -you wey dey look for money for website design,shey u be poor abi rich person?
Re: In Lagos you are either rich or poor,no middle man by ShangoThor(m): 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Are you high?

I'm just repeating the bull*s*h*i*t that I have been arguing against on this Forum for weeks.
Re: In Lagos you are either rich or poor,no middle man by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Feb 07, 2011
^^^ I fear ooo!! grin

I remember reading that same crap 10 years ago, 8 years ago, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. In that time, more people have fallen below the poverty gap, than we started with. Just wondering if we are not tired yet ooo!!!
Re: In Lagos you are either rich or poor,no middle man by Afam4eva(m): 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2011
hollandis:

@afam4va -you wey dey look for money for website design,shey u be poor abi rich person?

I no dey fry akara. What does that tell you.
Re: In Lagos you are either rich or poor,no middle man by ShangoThor(m): 10:26pm On Feb 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ I fear ooo!! grin

I remember reading that same crap 10 years ago, 8 years ago, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. In that time, more people have fallen below the poverty gap, than we started with. Just wondering if we are not tired yet ooo!!!

It is so embarassing, you can sense the poverty from when you arrive at the Airport, where Staff start begging you for handouts,
something I have never experienced anywhere else in the world.

But you instinctively know something is wrong when poor workers can only afford a 'one way' journey to work. Then they stay on
location for days because they cannot afford to commute daily to work, damn wretched life, I weep for Nigeria, I weep

But apparently things will get better one day, we complain too much, there are
no hungry mouths in Nigeria, and citizens have never had it so good.

(1) (Reply)

Princewill Rescinds Move To Sue Dr. Abiye Sekibo, Mobilizes Group For Amaechi / Buhari Dares Akala On Use Of Mapo Hall / Nigerian Scientist Named In Mit Technology Review List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.