Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,733 members, 7,851,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:19 PM

Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu (24258 Views)

PEPT: Peter Obi Supporters Continue To Roll Out More Billboards Across States / Sanwo-Olu Laser Display On Third Mainland Bridge & Lagos Lagoon / ESN/IPOB Attacked Passengers, Burnt Buses In Imo Over Sit-At-Home - Man (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by ForeThinker: 4:22am On Jul 26, 2020
undecided
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by DAVE5(m): 4:25am On Jul 26, 2020
IamDavid:
I don't think this will solve the problem. More buses, more traffic on the existing roads.

But that's not the problem. The problem is Buhari who released Boko Haram members back into the communities of defenceless powerless citizens. I'm shocked by the news. It's worse than you think. He's not even pretending anymore. This is not even nepotism or tribalism, this is TERRORISM!

I couldn't agree more with your last paragraph

We are now forced to live with the same devils that devoured our lands without reason
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by DAVE5(m): 4:30am On Jul 26, 2020
walkwithgod:
This has to be a deadass move mr governor.

You ought to seek other alternative means of transportation not increasing the pressure on the roads with 600 buses.

This is not rocket science dumbo, your coconut head and pointing fingers won't let you think.

Look into water transportation with functioning gear, mono rails...etc.

I have come to realize that the governors and president know exactly what to do to make this country a safe haven but they purposely refused to do so because it doesn't serve their selfish interests, in fact it negates their selfish interests
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by akigbemaru: 4:39am On Jul 26, 2020
whytediamond:
It will take a miracle of monumental proportion for Nigeria to become good.

For Pete's sake, this is the most populous black nation on earth, why is it then hard for our leaders to get the basic things right? I mean, how can a mega city with over 20million people not have a function railway system? This is year 2020 for the love of God.

You started a railway and road project of less than 40km for over a decade and after two givernoes had served, we are still no where near having the most efficient system of transportation in a densely populated city like Lagos.

LASG rolling out 600 buses into an over saturated road transport system should be one of the jokes of the century.

Why can't these evil men borrow and implement the same template from cities like New York or countries from Europe where commuting from point A to point B is seamless, efficient and less time consuming?

I dey vex for my spirit. How can you leave your business place by 4pm only to get home by 9pm when the journey is less than 5km? How can one explain that? How can one explain containers and trailers literally taking over the motorway leaving commuters with untold hardship to and fro work every blessed day?

If I pour out my mind about the failings of our leaders, both past and present, I'll spent 3months in detention. Make we just leave matter for Mathias. I don't want to say Nigeria is irredeemable but....

I dey vex walahi. Tuehh.

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Aimhyer(m): 4:48am On Jul 26, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

600 buses! on which roads ?
Help me ask them o!, Which road or is it Air bus?

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by sisisioge: 5:17am On Jul 26, 2020
Shouldn't you have rolled the buses before closing the bridge? Whew!

For those asking on which road, maybe he is thinking at least 1000 people will leave their cars at home if there are 600 efficient busses on the road. Sanwo just dey do anyhow without thinking about the people...this reminds me of how he threw us into hardship when he took off keke and bikes without alternatives. It took awhile before people themselves started investing in the mini buses to alleviate the suffering. We are on our own o.

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by fredylee: 5:18am On Jul 26, 2020
That bridge has been repaired and "maintained" with billions over the last couple of years. Another repairs in 2022.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by dangoteinlaw: 5:37am On Jul 26, 2020
Its really easy to spot comments from ppl who are actually not in Lagos. Lagos has gotten to that point where development is definitely a must. It can only get better unlike shithole states. That bridge has to be made whole again or it risks collapsing.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Royalfurnitures: 5:42am On Jul 26, 2020
Please they should do something about their fares,it's getting too high and in some routes almost at par with commercial bus drivers

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture,that's why we are here for you
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by ikorodureporta: 5:47am On Jul 26, 2020
na flying buses

Afta hiking fares for no good reason....The buses don't even use their AC, & it's still dsame precovid loading..

Wicked government. when others are giving out palliatives, una own na to cause more trauma...
Some people for Ikorodu no dey even go anywhere again because d tfare

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by onegb(m): 5:49am On Jul 26, 2020
Good
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Parrot173(m): 5:51am On Jul 26, 2020
My brother as a borno indigene i fail to see the reason behind his decision hmmm
=IamDavid post=92113141]I don't think this will solve the problem. More buses, more traffic on the existing roads.

But that's not the problem. The problem is Buhari who released Boko Haram members back into the communities of defenceless powerless citizens. I'm shocked by the news. It's worse than you think. He's not even pretending anymore. This is not even nepotism or tribalism, this is TERRORISM! [/quote]
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Swingate(m): 5:53am On Jul 26, 2020
The buses will be a welcome development, meanwhile the national stadium and Teslin Balogun stadium should be converted to a temporal car park and bus terminal during this third mainland bridge maintenance period.
Since those stadiums are not in use these days , people heading to the island should be encouraged to park their cars at those designated car parks and then board buses to cross them to and from the island. This will reduce the congestion on the remaining routes to the island during peak periods .
Those buses should be given crossing priority to encourage people to use it more .

4 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Ategberoson(m): 5:56am On Jul 26, 2020
@jidesanwoolu I don't know if you're here or your aides but you're one of the useless Governor Lagos would ever elect

I think you redress your antihuman policies most especially the commercial aspect. what alternative do you've for okada and maruwa that you told them to stop working? do you know many of these people have wife and kids? where do you want them to start? how would you feel if as a man you can't feed your woman and your kids?

if you don't want to spend much on security, you better redress all this your doom law before it consume your govt and I know you can do anything you like since anyone that win APC primary election in Lagos win gubernatorial election but people will claimed what belong to them soon

@jidesanwoolu think out of the box, your govt is clueless and at the verge of capitalism in a mixed economy country

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Obynopositive: 6:11am On Jul 26, 2020
Since the ban on okada and keke... he's still rolling out buses he promised.... grin may God help us in this zoo of a nation..
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Sambjnewspaper(m): 6:41am On Jul 26, 2020
Okay ooo.

Kindly check my signature for ur NGOs Newspapers Publicaton, CAC CONSENT , Name Change, IT Reg. e.t.c.

https://www.nairaland.com/2848768/cos

Fast and reliable.
Sam.
WhatsApp me or Call.
+234806272
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Macphenson: 6:47am On Jul 26, 2020
jawalis:
Even those who have never been to Lagos not to talk of plying 3rd mainland bridge are here claiming too know. If you really know the weight that bridge carries everyday and how important that bridge is to Lagosians, most of you will keep quite and let the government perform her duty. One thing i have lived to realize is the fact fact that Human can not and will never be satisfy. Am not defending Gov. Sanwo Olu neither am I trying to justify our government mismanagement and embezzlement through project but there’s this •Pull him down• trait that should be eliminated among us in Nigeria.
Everyone are here putting mouth to the matter as if we don’t know the bridge needs to be examine for real. Now if the bridge fall and atrocities follow, same silly people condemning the government here will still be the ones to castigate the government for not been responsible and careless. Some people who stays in their villages are there shouting “audio bus” too like they really know what’s going on in Lagos outside what media brings to them. I have seen buses by LASG as promised when the Okada issue arose and if you want to see, come to Awolowo and you’ll see for yourself but false expectations won’t let some silly mofos see beyond their nose. Like some are expecting the government to give each street a bus right? Keep dreaming. We should encourage such act cos it’s fir the safety of Lagos residents.
Btw:our government officials should grow up and think like sensitive human beings. There should be more development like opting for railways instead of increasing the number in the city.

Oga nobody is condemning the governor for the repair works, the only issue here is the rolling out of 600 buses on an already over saturated Lagos roads. Did you simply stop for a second to ask which road the the 600 buses will use?

This is 2020 and Lagos should start thinking about trains and light rails. What happens to the one on going from mile 2? The only solution to the terrible traffic challenge of Lagos is train and water transportation.

I was even telling somebody the last time I wonder why Lagos is yet to fully harness the potentials of water transportation.

When I did a project in Anambra, there's a ferry that can carry cars across water in Omambala River. You just drive into the "PONTI" as it's called it crosses you to the other side and you drive out and continue your joruney that was over seven years ago, am surprised till date am not seeing it in Lagos, it will help a lot.

Sanwolu and his team should leave up to the 21st century leadership demands.

3 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by presidentMZ: 6:48am On Jul 26, 2020
Copy the link and register then start watching those videos to be paid any amount on the videos.

The more you watch, the more money in your account.

When it gets to a certain amount, you can withdraw.

You can view the videos with your data or any free data anywhere

It is a win-win

You lose nothing, but you gain everything.

It is only someone that loves you who can give you this info

Take it from me and run with it
https://aosvideon.pw/47344877850265/

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 26, 2020
Nyamiri people will not like this oh.....
Everything about Yoruba Region is a shit win their eyes..and they don't want to keep making money, live, build houses, and even bury their dead corpse in Yoruba Region.....

Tueh! I spit on their head
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 26, 2020
Swingate:
The buses will be a welcome development, meanwhile, the national stadium and Teslin Balogun stadium should be converted to a temporal car park and bus terminal during this third mainland bridge maintenance period.
Since those stadiums are not in use these days, people heading to the island should be encouraged to park their cars at those designated car parks and then board buses to cross them to and from the island. This will reduce the congestion on the remaining routes to the island during peak periods.
Those buses should be given crossing priority to encourage people to use it more.

How many rich people want to board the bus with poor people? Because they know that their lives and belongings are not safe when poor people sit beside them...
Some of them don't mind if they drive the traffic for 4 hours than to sit with poor people on BRT buses...
Let's see how it will work tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Torie8(f): 6:57am On Jul 26, 2020
jawalis:
Even those who have never been to Lagos not to talk of plying 3rd mainland bridge are here claiming too know. If you really know the weight that bridge carries everyday and how important that bridge is to Lagosians, most of you will keep quite and let the government perform her duty. One thing i have lived to realize is the fact fact that Human can not and will never be satisfy. Am not defending Gov. Sanwo Olu neither am I trying to justify our government mismanagement and embezzlement through project but there’s this •Pull him down• trait that should be eliminated among us in Nigeria.
Everyone are here putting mouth to the matter as if we don’t know the bridge needs to be examine for real. Now if the bridge fall and atrocities follow, same silly people condemning the government here will still be the ones to castigate the government for not been responsible and careless. Some people who stays in their villages are there shouting “audio bus” too like they really know what’s going on in Lagos outside what media brings to them. I have seen buses by LASG as promised when the Okada issue arose and if you want to see, come to Awolowo and you’ll see for yourself but false expectations won’t let some silly mofos see beyond their nose. Like some are expecting the government to give each street a bus right? Keep dreaming. We should encourage such act cos it’s fir the safety of Lagos residents.
Btw:our government officials should grow up and think like sensitive human beings. There should be more development like opting for railways instead of increasing the number in the city.
That bridge is already weak with the number of cars and this big trailer moving in and out every day. The bridge has to close down for the mean time.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Kakamorufu(m): 7:07am On Jul 26, 2020
...........and if its a country where everything is working well. Water and rail transport would have been the best option

2 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Arafatola: 7:08am On Jul 26, 2020
My name is Olamilekan I teach in a private secondary school. Survival has been difficult since school closure.
I need online private coaching opportunities or any job. I observe all NCDC rules
I stay in Ogun state State.
Please I need help, I'm dying of hunger and at the verge of giving up.

Help me.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by GregJames(m): 7:13am On Jul 26, 2020
We have enough cars on the road already
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by Swingate(m): 7:16am On Jul 26, 2020
Gforce2015:

How many rich people want to board the bus with poor people? Because they know that their lives and belongings are not safe when poor people sit beside them...
Some of them don't mind if they drive the traffic for 4 hours than to sit with poor people on BRT buses...
Let's see how it will work tomorrow

This is not about rich or poor ,if you spend four hours from Adeniran Ogunsanya to Eko bridge then you will understand .
Because some Nigerians like class , they can roll out more expensive executive buses for those that value class . we just need to get to work without the gridlock.

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by RexTramadol1: 7:18am On Jul 26, 2020
jawalis:

Although I like your view, but the buses on Awolowo way are not the promised buses, they are the normal BRT buses plying that route even before the okada ban

The buses promised are mini buses not as big as the blue ones in Ikeja.

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by free2ryhme: 7:32am On Jul 26, 2020
rodeo0070:

https://brandspurng.com/2020/07/25/third-mainland-bridge-lagos-to-roll-out-600-commuter-buses-in-august-sanwo-olu-photos/

Why should you wait to make 600 buses available in august when the you should have deployed them immediately the closure took effect?

Leadership in this part of the world keeps retrogressing daily

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by EPO246: 7:38am On Jul 26, 2020
I dont know if you guys notice this. Whenever i am reading news, they will be repeating what is already said. They spin and revolve in one position.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by jayautos: 7:39am On Jul 26, 2020
Which road will the buses ply? No be to roll out be the problem angry
Re: Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu by segebase(m): 7:47am On Jul 26, 2020
why not roll out the bus first b4 closure ..mumu people

start earning today with zero investment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mary Nkeke: Army Rescues Another Chibok Girl / Sen Nywoye Hands Over A Tech Innovation And Computer Hub Building To Community / INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.