Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi (854 Views)

APC Primary Election: ‘I Will Not Withdraw’ - Akpabio / Dimeji Bankole And Aisha Shinkafi Saidu Wedding Pictures / Zamfara: Withdraw Femi Fani-Kayode’s Traditional Title - Emir Of Shinkafi Told (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by Staro: 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
Traditional title: Zamfara emirate insists on Fani-Kayode as five resign

The Shinkafi Emirate of Zamfara State says it will not withdraw the title conferred on a former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, by the Emir, Alhaji Muhammad Makwashe, despite the decision of five titleholders to resign their appointments.

Some of the title holders that resigned include Dr Sulaiman Shinkafi who held the title of Sarkin Shanun Shinkafi and Dr Tijjani Shinkafi who was the Sarkin Marayun Shinkafi.

Fani-Kayode, who is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, was conferred with the traditional title of “Sadaukin Shinkafi” by the emirate over the weekend, a move that was not accepted by some.

However, the Wambai Shinkafi, Dr. Sani Abdullahi, who spoke on behalf of the emirate, told The PUNCH on Wednesday that the move could not be reversed.

Abdullahi said the five titleholders who resigned would soon be replaced even as he alleged that they were all loyalists and relatives of the immediate past Governor of Zamfara State, Abdul’aziz Yari, who is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress.

Incidentally, Fani-Kayode had a few days before receiving the title, lambasted Yari for allegedly flouting Covid-19 protocols at an airport.

Responding to a question, Abdullahi said, “The traditional title given to Chief Fani-Kayode is irreversible and irrevocable. Our emir is someone who has undiluted integrity. Whatever decision he takes, he stands by it. That is his ideology and principle. That was how he was raised.

“The conferment of titles is the prerogative of the emir. We give titles to anyone whether Christian or Muslim or Igbo, Yoruba or Itsekiri. We know where the heat is coming from. It is coming from the immediate past governor of Zamfara State. Those who have resigned their chieftaincy title given to them by emirate are affiliated with the governor.”

When asked why Fani-Kayode was chosen for the title, Abdullahi said the former minister had achieved many things and was from the illustrious family of Chief Remi Fani-Kayode (SAN).

He said several northern traditional rulers had conferred titles on southerners like former Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State; APC leader, Bola Tinubu; former Governor Orji Kalu of Abia State and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo.

“There is no hatred between Muslims and Christians or northerners and southerners but some people who want to ignite hatred are reading political meaning to it. He was chosen so that we can foster unity. He served as a minister and represented the whole of Nigeria,” Abdullahi said.

https://punchng.com/traditional-title-zamfara-emirate-insists-on-fani-kayode-as-five-resign/

Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by Kriss216: 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
Fani-Kayode, who is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, was conferred with the traditional title of “Sadaukin Shinkafi” by the emirate over the weekend, a move that was not accepted by some

If you dont like the title, go and die!

God bless the Shinkafi Emirate
God bless Sadaukin Shinkafi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by micronut(m): 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
Lol... Ok
Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by LaboPolitics: 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
Good one from the Emir.
yoruba muslims can cry their intestines out for all we care. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by Staro: 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
Golan007

fulanimafia

heykims

You may go and die !
The title was not withdrawn
Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by fulanimafia: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2020
Staro:
Golan007

fulanimafia

heykims

You may go and die !
The title was not withdrawn

cheesy

The joke is on you.

FFK has been tamed in Zamfara and has now fallen in line cool

https://dailypost.ng/2020/07/26/femi-fani-kayode-seven-days-in-zamfara-a-message-to-northern-southern-leaders/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by Wigetsolar: 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
cool
Over to you...
Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by fulanimafia: 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
While FFK led his ipob zombies to burn crucial bridges, he smartly is now building bridges with his Muslim Fulani friends in the core North for himself and his region.

Not asking for restructuring or secession, but building bridges.

Sophisticated? You tell me wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by Ojiofor: 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2020
fulanimafia:
While FFK led his ipob zombies to burn crucial bridges, he smartly is now building bridges with his Muslim Fulani friends in the core North for himself and his region.

Not asking for restructuring or secession, but building bridges.

Sophisticated? You tell me wink

He came late as a bridge builder because Okorocha,Orji Uzo Kalu and Arthur Eze etc...has been building bridges in the North since they were born.
Didn't you see the names of those who has been honoured for building bridges in the North in that list? grin grin
Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by fulanimafia: 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ojiofor:

He came late as a bridge builder because Okorocha,Orji Uzo Kalu and Arthur Eze etc...has been building bridges in the North since they were born.
Didn't you see the names of those who has been honoured for building bridges in the North in that list? grin grin

Exactly, and that's why we didn't have problems until IPOB reared their ugly heads.

Isn't bridge building what we've been preaching you do, instead of choosing insults, grandstanding & blackmail? Luckily FFK has received a brain reset and hopefully can navigate you in the right direction.

Build those bridges, and maybe you'll be able to find your way out of political wilderness.

Good morning.
Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by Ojiofor: 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
fulanimafia:

Exactly, and that's why we didn't have problems until IPOB reared their ugly heads.

Isn't bridge building what we've been preaching you do, instead of choosing insults, grandstanding & blackmail? Luckily FFK has received a brain reset and hopefully can navigate you in the right direction.

Build those bridges, and maybe, just maybe, 2023 could be yours for the taking.

Good morning.

The Igbo nation are bridge builders and has been building bridges since the amalgamation of Nigeria but unfortunately IPOB felt the bridges hasn't yielded any desired result for the Igbos or their efforts adequately receprocated by other stake holders.Give ndi Igbo their due place in Niigeria and watch groups like IPOB lose relevance.
Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by fulanimafia: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ojiofor:

The Igbo nation are bridge builders and has been building bridges since the amalgamation of Nigeria but unfortunately IPOB felt the bridges hasn't yielded any desired result for the Igbos or their efforts adequately receprocated by other stake holders.Give ndi Igbo their due place in Niigeria and watch groups like IPOB lose relevance.

Unfortunately by destroying those crucial bridges that you've been building since amalgamation, the ipob Zoo chanters set the Igbo nation back politically by over 20 years, with the last 5 years of unmitigated hate mongering, blackmail, insults against Nigeria and her people especially the North; and rebuilding those burnt bridges will require hard work & won't be overnight.
Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by Ojiofor: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
fulanimafia:

Unfortunately by destroying those crucial bridges that you've been building since amalgamation, the ipob Zoo chanters set the Igbo nation back politically by over 20 years, with the last 5 years of unmitigated hate mongering, blackmail, insults against Nigeria and her people especially the North; and rebuilding those burnt bridges will require hard work & won't be overnight.

Many groups has burnt bridges and some are still burning bridges till today,groups like Boko Haram,Fulani bandits,Fulani herdsmen etc... but we must move the nation forward not withstanding.The demage those groups has cost Nigeria and Nigerians can never be valuated.
Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by ThatFairGuy1: 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
It's Left to them. Not my concern
Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by FlordFlorez(m): 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
Who no want make e go die.
Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by BigSarah(f): 5:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
Balls of steel
Re: I Will Not Withdraw Title Conferred On Femi Fani-kayode - Emir of Shinkafi by FlordFlorez(m): 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
Staro:

“There is no hatred between Muslims and Christians or northerners and southerners but some people who want to ignite hatred are reading political meaning to it. He was chosen so that we can foster unity. He served as a minister and represented the whole of Nigeria,” Abdullahi said.

May God bless all peace makers and keepers in this Nation, Amen!!

(1) (Reply)

Their Gods Want Them To Rule Africa And Nigeria / Bayelsa: Diri Files Appeal Against Sacking By Tribunal / Exclusive : Why Fani-kayode's Wife Took The Right Decision Of Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.