Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,790 members, 7,844,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (4134 Views)

Ijaw Hoisting The Flag Of APC On Their Land (Photos) / "It's Either The Flag Of Biafra Is Raised Or...."— Nnamdi Kanu Blows Hot In US / Fela Durotoye Receives Certificate Of Return As Official Flag Bearer Of ANN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Ilaumoh(m): 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2020
Blue3k:

If Akwa Ibom and Cross River is one why did they split?
grin slayer spotted
Re: . by Blackking98(m): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ilaumoh:

So you added insult just to reply me... You see your life?
I don't even mind them. You have igbos, hausas etc in cross river but it's Akwa ibomites that's their problem

1 Like

Re: . by Blackking98(m): 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
You seem very unintelligent ,it's frustrating talking to some of you on this forum. Your aim is clearly negative, despite the fact that I've always been positive and well wishing on everyone .
Whether land locked or not , and whether oil revenue or not ,The Calabar deep seaport will eventually be built and will be the deepest seaport in West Africa at a depth of 20 Meters . The current deepest is Lome Port at 16.60 Meters . And that's just the tip of the iceberg, you have no idea what's coming for Calabar . why not think about connecting your state with a freight train to either the Calabar deep seaport or the other Seaports, or build your own seaport or Cargo airport , instead of foolishness.
He's an Igbo man. He's not worth your time.
Re: . by Blackking98(m): 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
That is why it's optional . No one is forcing anyone , but know that there are thousands of people from Akwa ibom living and working peacefully at Crossriver and there's not up to 500 people from Cross river living at Akwa ibom. Also,based on my research , the Obong of Calabar recommended two akwa ibom individuals(Esin- Oron)& (Bassey -Eket) as commissioners . No one from Cross river has been employed or appointed by the Akwa ibom government . In fact ,investigative records reveal numerous past antagonism towards Cross river individuals in positions of Power at Akwa ibom.
And also reveals that Cross river has always been Cordial to Akwa ibom.

Did you know Tokyo is the same size as Cross river & Akwa ibom combined and has three deep seaports? Nothing wrong with having two deep seaports in the same area, but the problem is that the Nigerian leaders are not collaborative , they just do their own thing trying to outsmart one another. that is why Nigeria is a failed state . I think they should collaborate and reason together more. For example , the distance between Calabar and Uyo can be 35 Minutes with a good freeway network , but do the leaders reason that way ? No. they are working with old colonial roads and doing their own thing instead of brand new urban planning and collaborative efforts. They do not understand the fact that you can not be okay if your neighbor isn't okay.
Efik,Ibibio,Oron anang eket and I think including Ejagham and Obolo are one ethnic group but due to disunity and internal squabbles, they have no voice and are viewed as volatile , weak and docile . But Akwa ibom seems to be satisfied with collecting $50 million peanut allocation per month, even though the ethnic group (95 percent offshore oil) generates $14 Billion dollars per year . They lack a united front to demand more. In fact ,there's still internal squabbles and agitations for new states within Akwa ibom.

Reason for unity has nothing to do with oil. You do not need oil revenue to build an organized society,Nigeria just has incompetent administrators.
In fact,the price of oil will keep declining and oil will be 85 % Obsolete by 2030 . And based on my own findings , there are resources that Cross river has that will be in demand within a few years . I think the leaders are not doing a good job and are wasting money on irrelevant white elephant projects ,and such methods will ensure the place remains a shithole for a long time .
I support this your proposal.
But it'll be only Akwa Ibom and efik lands in Cross river so we speak one language. The hate and insecurities haboured by northern and central Cross riverians towards Akwa ibomites is too toxic for the union.

1 Like

Re: . by Blackking98(m): 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Naturally am in support of Akwa Cross. But Uyo should be the capital period, because me I don't trust Northern Cross riverians...
Even if the capital is in calabar, we still outnumber them. I live in calabar and I know what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: . by Ilaumoh(m): 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2020
Blackking98:

I don't even mind them. You have igbos, hausas etc in cross river but it's Akwa ibomites that's their problem
Imagine oo

1 Like

Re: . by Ilaumoh(m): 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2020
Blackking98:

Even if the capital is in calabar, we still outnumber them. I live in calabar and I know what I'm saying.
I honestly love the idea of Akwa Cross but we need to have good policies and naming like the United State of Akwa Cross
Re: . by Ilaumoh(m): 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2020
Blackking98:

But it'll be only Akwa Ibom and efik lands in Cross river so we speak one language. The hate and insecurities haboured by northern and central Cross riverians towards Akwa ibomites is too toxic for the union.
Yeah
Re: . by Blue3k(m): 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ilaumoh:

I honestly love the idea of Akwa Cross but we need to have good policies and naming like the United State of Akwa Cross
Blackking98:

Lol this fantasy very unlikely. Akwa Cross wont happen. One state annexing parts of the other is the only likely scenario. Akwa Ibom clearly the better state to do that. This is just online day dreams unless people put in real work advocating any of this to politicians.

2 Likes

Re: . by jUeLiZ: 4:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
na flag we want chop.. undecided
Re: . by Ilaumoh(m): 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol this fantasy very unlikely. Akwa Cross wont happen. One state annexing parts of the other is the only likely scenario. Akwa Ibom clearly the better state to do that. This is just online day dreams unless people put in real work advocating any of this to politicians.
Spot on tho
Re: . by Blackking98(m): 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Akwa cross is the best way
Re: . by Blackking98(m): 4:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
Blue3k:

grin we can surely work it out
Re: . by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sammy07:
I thought cross river and Akwaibom Ibom are one.
Why the disunity here?

Lol

One ke....u are far..just keep quiet coz u know nothing.

Wait until we the custodian over here briefs u..
Re: . by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
Re: . by Blue3k(m): 8:49pm On Jul 30, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
You are a fatherless dumpster baby because Your mother is a prostitute and you're a product of rape .You had no father figure ,that's why you're so dumb and loser always on nairaland 24/7. Your mother is disappointed at your foolishness .

Lol what a loser. Cross river breeds double digit iq mumus. Its no wonder your daughters are sold for goats.

Re: . by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: . by Hunchogee: 10:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:

The squabbles you mentioned are probably a result of scramble for scarce resources . If other areas in the Cross river state are developed, there would be less pressure on Calabar.
Also, Akwa Ibom should focus on their state for now ,since they do not want to unite ,and demanded for a state of their own ? It is unfair to usurp your own state's resources and usurp other state's . Calabar which is basically the southern senatorial district is larger than Akwa ibom and can survive alone. There are plans for private developments even without oil revenue . There's a new Calabar master plan . Even if Calabar and akwa ibom merge which is now realized to be unlikely, it is preferred that Calabar remains autonomous .
We think Abi local government and parts of Obubra local government should be merged with Ebony state . Cross river north senatorial district should be given a state or merged with Benue State.
The rest of Central Cross river and southern senatorial will remain because the central is easily integrated with Efik . Even without central Cross river, South senatorial district is still very large at over 10,000km2 . New towns or city will be built on empty land which merges with Ikom ,and relocate some people from the south there for efficient integration.
Resources which will be in demand in the coming years are abundant in the south district & some in central senatorial district, that is why it should remain one, plus easy integration.
No one is forcing Aka ibom to be part of Calabar . Calabar has greater long term potential . I was only being nice and unbiased by including Akwa ibom on the map and plan , there was no ulterior motives . I wish Akwa ibom all the best, but there'll be no going back at a later time .

We think that the process of efficient security will require that everyone should go back to their states of origin . There should be ID database and border security and toll booth entry into states . Nigeria is currently a failed state , that's why you see comments on this forum like "Lagos is no man's land ", "We will take over Onitsha" , "Port Harcourt is no man's land" etc.
After reading all your comments, I just realised you are very emotional and is really affecting your lay down or set plans..
Just because of our brother @blue3k you've been insulting Akwa Ibom calling her alot of names instead of focusing on Blue3k.
In all the idea of AkwaCross is lovely as an autonomous entity is ok
Re: . by Blue3k(m): 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2020
Hunchogee:

After reading all your comments, I just realised you are very emotional and is really affecting your lay down or set plans..
Just because of our brother @blue3k you've been insulting Akwa Ibom calling her alot of names instead of focusing on Blue3k.
In all the idea of AkwaCross is lovely as an autonomous entity is ok

Lol he's a deranged mumu like I aptly stated. One minute he's declaring war the next he's claiming all the best.

B3ACHSIDE:

I wish Akwa ibom all the best, but there'll be no going back at a later time . 
B3ACHSIDE:
Would you like me to focus my attention on total destruction your shithole Akwa ibom? you don't have to answer because i'm already considering that route . You need to be totally destroyed .
B3ACHSIDE:

Your shithole Awka ibum will be destroyed since ou want to make enemies . you are a dvmb slav3 and will always be a slav3 . I will teach you a bitter lesson you would never forget . the entire aka ibum will pay for your foolishness .

1 Like

Re: . by Blackking98(m): 11:47am On Jul 31, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:

The squabbles you mentioned are probably a result of scramble for scarce resources . If other areas in the Cross river state are developed, there would be less pressure on Calabar.
Also, Akwa Ibom should focus on their state for now ,since they do not want to unite ,and demanded for a state of their own ? It is unfair to usurp your own state's resources and usurp other state's . Calabar which is basically the southern senatorial district is larger than Akwa ibom and can survive alone. There are plans for private developments even without oil revenue . There's a new Calabar master plan . Even if Calabar and akwa ibom merge which is now realized to be unlikely, it is preferred that Calabar remains autonomous .
We think Abi local government and parts of Obubra local government should be merged with Ebony state . Cross river north senatorial district should be given a state or merged with Benue State.
The rest of Central Cross river and southern senatorial will remain because the central is easily integrated with Efik . Even without central Cross river, South senatorial district is still very large at over 10,000km2 . New towns or city will be built on empty land which merges with Ikom ,and relocate some people from the south there for efficient integration.
Resources which will be in demand in the coming years are abundant in the south district & some in central senatorial district, that is why it should remain one, plus easy integration.
No one is forcing Aka ibom to be part of Calabar . Calabar has greater long term potential . I was only being nice and unbiased by including Akwa ibom on the map and plan , there was no ulterior motives . I wish Akwa ibom all the best, but there'll be no going back at a later time .

We think that the process of efficient security will require that everyone should go back to their states of origin . There should be ID database and border security and toll booth entry into states . Nigeria is currently a failed state , that's why you see comments on this forum like "Lagos is no man's land ", "We will take over Onitsha" , "Port Harcourt is no man's land" etc.
Lol leave blue3k oo
Akwa Ibom and Efiks are brothers and are on good terms,it's just bants. An Akwa Cross of Akwa Ibom and Efiks would be marvelous. The other ethnic groups in cross river aren't needed, if they want to join no problem.

1 Like

Re: . by Hunchogee: 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2020
Blackking98:

Lol leave blue3k oo
Akwa Ibom and Efiks are brothers and are on good terms,it's just bants. An Akwa Cross of Akwa Ibom and Efiks would be marvelous. The other ethnic groups in cross river aren't needed, if they want to join no problem.
Period, we don't need others only Efik is ok
Re: . by Dedetwo(m): 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
Blue3k:

Was Akwa not carved out of Cross River state? What spurred the fantasy of Akwa Cross when every Akpabio, Umoh and Okon spat fire when they were in Cross River State?
Re: . by Hunchogee: 12:56pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dedetwo:

Was Akwa not carved out of Cross River state? What spurred the fantasy of Akwa Cross when every Akpabio, Umoh and Okon spat fire when they were in Cross River State?
Don't try to ignite back the fire we are trying to extinguished
Re: . by Dedetwo(m): 1:03pm On Jul 31, 2020
Hunchogee:

Don't try to ignite back the fire we are trying to extinguished

Look bro Akwa is my adopted state. I do not wish to reignite any fire but to uncover underline basic fact.
Re: . by Blue3k(m): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dedetwo:

The fantasy happened because the beggar from cross river keeps pushing the idea out. It wont happen because not every ethnic group wants to be in the same state.The state split before that for this reason decades ago. Integrating people who culturally, demographically and politically similar much easier (e.g efiks). Thats why reunification of Akwa Ibom and cross river wont happen because not everyone is similar enough or willing.

The politicians wont vote to further eroad their power in cross river. When the demographics change politics change obviously. Akwa Ibom has the larger population overall. Why would Akwa Ibom take on headaches of merging with debt riddled state like cross river? It's better to incorporate only the best parts. Lastly we dont need to introduce new problems like clown politics of imaginary budgets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Blue3k(m): 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dedetwo:

Look bro Akwa is my adopted state. I do not wish to reignite any fire but to uncover underline basic fact.

Nothing wrong with seeking knowledge. There's no reason to placate mumus. If you're interested in the history of why Akwa Ibom split it's on the Akwa Ibom website. Most these guys don't actually think out their positions on anything. That's why they cant give anything but emotional arguements like little girls.

Akwa Ibom State was created on the 23rd of September 1987 by the then Military Administration of General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida.  The creation of the State brought to fruition years of prolonged struggle by the people that occupied the mainland part of the former Cross River State.

For many, the creation of the State was a mark of justice, having been left out in earlier state creation exercises despite leading in the struggle for state creation in Nigeria, through the Ibibio Union, – a foremost Socio-Cultural organization that served as a unifying platform for the people of this part of Nigeria.  In 1948, Ibibio Union, formed in 1928, transformed from a mere cultural association to a goal driven institution which promoted and championed the cause of state creation in Nigeria.

https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng/about-akwa-ibom/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Behold Buhari’s Anointed Candidate / NNPC Pump Price In Port-harcourt today / Nigrian Muslim Should Learn From This Woman(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.