Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart (7838 Views)

Nigeria Unemployment Rate Surges To 9.9 Percent / A Pie Chart Showing The Pattern Of Buhari's Appointments / Lagos Tops Nigeria's Most Indepted States (see Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by oludashmi(f): 12:36pm On Feb 10, 2011
The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) disclosed, on Wednesday, that Bayelsa State topped Nigeria’s unemployment chart, adding that the statistics made available by the Federal Office of Statistics showed that the state had the highest number of unemployed skilled and unskilled labourers across the country.

This is just as over 5,000 students of Bayelsa State origin and members of the National Association of Niger Delta Students (NANDS) adopted the ACN gubernatorial candidate in the forthcoming election.

Speaking, while receiving the visiting members of the NANDS, a retired permanent secretary and the gubernatorial candidate of the ACN, in the state, Mr Imoro Kubor expressed concern over the geometric increase in unemployment rate and what he described as acute poverty.

Attributing it to leadership problem, Mr Kubor, said the state had all it took to make life more meaningful to its entire citizenry, saying, “I decided to venture into politics in order to change the tide of events in the state.”

Governance, according to him, was all about service delivery, saying that it was saddening to note that government in Bayelsa State, only exists on the pages of newspapers.

His submission, “Bayelsa State is made up of eight local governments, but government exists only in Yenagoa city, while other local government areas were being margina-lised.

“Rather than embarking on meaningful development projects, the leadership of the state are busy globe-trotting at the detriment of down-trodden masses.”

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/17382-bayelsa-tops-nigerias-unemployment-chart-acn
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by oludashmi(f): 12:38pm On Feb 10, 2011
If this is true, isn't it high time GEJ supports some rascals into the system or what will be his excuse for his village
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by excanny: 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2011
oludashmi:

If this is true, isn't it I time GEJ supports some rascals into the system or what will be his excuse for his village
You really didn't post this because you cared for bayelsans. I can give you the quickest direction to the Aso villa so you can lay your beef before GJ.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by oludashmi(f): 1:50pm On Feb 10, 2011
excanny:

You really didn't post this because you cared for bayelsans. I can give you the quickest direction to the Aso villa so you can lay your beef before GJ.
And when did you and I ever talked about bayelsans
Remind me
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On Feb 10, 2011
a big shame!
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by oludashmi(f): 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2011
Governance, according to him, was all about service delivery, saying that it was saddening to note that government in Bayelsa State, only exists on the pages of newspapers.

Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by ZUBBYNWA(m): 3:26pm On Feb 10, 2011
, hiss, political seeking ambitious
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by HamidO1(m): 3:30pm On Feb 10, 2011
Just wondering what GEJ will call politicians in Bayelsa, Rascals reloaded
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by spade: 3:32pm On Feb 10, 2011
What a big shame! Coming directly from the homestate of our sitting president.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2011
Hamid O:

Just wondering what GEJ will call politicians in Bayelsa, [size=13pt]Rascals reloaded[/size]

ROFLMAO!!
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by oludashmi(f): 3:33pm On Feb 10, 2011
Hamid O:

Just wondering what GEJ will call politicians in Bayelsa,  Rascals reloaded
No! Anti-rascals cheesy
The definition of rascals have changed in the Nigerian-English dico just as kaita changed the other day
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by spade: 3:35pm On Feb 10, 2011
Hamid O:

Just wondering what GEJ will call politicians in Bayelsa,  Rascals reloaded

Rascals 2: Electric Boogaloo
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by MMM2(m): 4:02pm On Feb 10, 2011
it is not Goodluck J fault, he is try his best.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by amicdan(m): 4:16pm On Feb 10, 2011
Why are u guyz putting d blame on GEJ?, If the content of dis topic is true it simply shows the level of under-development in bayelsa, so if u don't no what to say shot d Bleep up,
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by biggtonny: 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2011
u guys should not waste ur time here waving the acn or pdp flag, they r the same. the only difference is in the name. just take a look at the last acn conventions in the states where they control, u would see that acn is a party of imposition, corruption godfatherism et al. if acn gets more states, it would do worst than pdp. so, they are what they are, the way they are.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by ciscostaz: 4:34pm On Feb 10, 2011
Hamid O:

Just wondering what GEJ will call politicians in Bayelsa, Rascals reloaded

grin grin grin Mathematically, Its[b] Rascals^10[/b] (Rascals raised to the power of ten)
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Intrepid1(m): 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2011
I went to Bayelsa in 2007. That place is 'deader' than a brothel on a Monday morning! A director in one of the State-owned ministries came to a cyber cafe I was in to browse the Net and print out some documents. Meanwhile, former Governor Alams owns the biggest motherfucker hotel in the State. SMH!
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Lagosboy: 4:48pm On Feb 10, 2011
GEJ governed the state for 2 years with nothing to show for it, he has governed Nigeria for going to two years with nothing to show for it, another four years of GEJ will mean retrogession for Nigeria.

Let us all support Buhari who ruled Nigeria for 2 years with something to show for it.

SAI BUHARI
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Beaf: 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2011
^
He barely governed for a year. Why una de like lie sef? shocked

Ain't Buhari people stone throwing thugs anyway? No respect for the law like their boss who got people shot extra-judicially as well as introduced the dreaded decree 4 that made telling the truth a crime if it embarrassed govt. Dude, Buhari is a Neanderthal.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by jigawatts(m): 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2011
Dumb guy dat can't take care his own backyard, calling responsible people "rascals", fkin retard,
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by naso2(m): 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2011

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) disclosed, on Wednesday, that Bayelsa State topped Nigeria’s unemployment chart, adding that the statistics made available by the Federal Office of Statistics showed that the state had the highest number of unemployed skilled and unskilled labourers across the country.

Why not show us the actual figures from FOS? Another propaganda from ASIWAJU PARTY OF NIGERIA(ACN).
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by 10cirenoh: 5:22pm On Feb 10, 2011
Beaf:

^
He barely governed for a year. Why una de like lie sef? shocked

Ain't Buhari people stone throwing thugs anyway? No respect for the law like their boss who got people shot extra-judicially as well as introduced the dreaded decree 4 that made telling the truth a crime if it embarrassed govt. Dude, Buhari is a Neanderthal.

The state GEJ governed for 2 years and how many years was he the Deputy?

For that 2 years, what did he do? connived with his wife to steal $13 million right?
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by OWOLAYEMO: 6:36pm On Feb 10, 2011
GEJ+ HOPS=HUR     , equation1                 Where GEJ=?
HUR + GEJ=HOPs       , equation2               HOPS=Highest Oil producing State & HUR=Highest unemplyment rate

Using elimination method
HOPS=HUR
HUR= HOP

Substituting GEJ with K in equation I

Therefore=k+HOPs/GEJ, Equation III

Therefore Solving for K in equation III

HOPS=I+GEJ

Interpretation: GEJ has not impacted employment in the Highest Oil Producing State

QED
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Obiagu1(m): 9:06pm On Feb 10, 2011
Where is Adaka Boro?
I still dey laf oo!
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Beaf: 9:39pm On Feb 10, 2011
10cirenoh:

The state GEJ governed for 2 years and how many years was he the Deputy?

For that 2 years, what did he do? connived with his wife to steal $13 million right?

First of all Jonathan was governor for 14 months, but those who wish to be deliberately stupeed somehow lose the abilty to count.

As for the good stuff GEJ did for Bayelsa, read articles like this one, they are specially suited to dimwits: http://www.modernghana.com/news/315823/1/why-tourism-is-bayelsas-next-gold-mine.html
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by dayokanu(m): 9:49pm On Feb 10, 2011
Big shame.

I guess Charity begins at Aso Rock
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by jogotai: 9:59pm On Feb 10, 2011
biggtonny:

u guys should not waste your time here waving the acn or pdp flag, they r the same. the only difference is in the name. just take a look at the last acn conventions in the states where they control, u would see that acn is a party of imposition, corruption godfatherism et al. if acn gets more states, it would do worst than pdp. so, they are what they are, the way they are.

Bros, u are the only person that understands the system in Nigeria. Leave all those that put blame on GEJ
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by hbrednic: 11:49pm On Feb 10, 2011
All you jonathan haters will be put to SHAME come april
when the real nigerians will choose their leader.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Ibime(m): 12:20am On Feb 11, 2011
Nobody will be put to SHAME Horse-Bred-Nigga!

We already know PDP will win as always. Only a doofus like yourself thinks the battle is to win the election, then subsequently send the Nation on the road to Mogadishu.

@ Na So,

Must you be so daft? Y(our) people dey suffer and all you can see is to point fingers at opposition for making up figures. More rational argument would be to state that insecurity and degradation of traditional fishing grounds coupled with decades of neglect from PH under the former Rivers State and the Fed Govt are to blame for high unemployment in Bayelsa. If you ask any slowpoke off the top of his head, he would tell you that the likes of Bayelsa would have some of the highest unemployment in Naija.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Kobojunkie: 12:32am On Feb 11, 2011
dayokanu:

Big shame.

I guess Charity begins at Aso Rock

Lets not even look at Jonathan here. What about the billions in Allocations the state gets ?? This same gets gets more money than more than 85%. Why are the state and local leaders still robbing the people and not much being done about it?
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by 10cirenoh: 1:33am On Feb 11, 2011
Beaf:

First of all Jonathan was governor for 14 months, but those who wish to be deliberately stupeed somehow lose the abilty to count.

As for the good stuff GEJ did for Bayelsa, read articles like this one, they are specially suited to dimwits: http://www.modernghana.com/news/315823/1/why-tourism-is-bayelsas-next-gold-mine.html

YOU ARE A GOAT, wetin concern me with "news paper government" as the article clearly puts it? show me the real work in the states and not the ones on the newspaper you this rotten molue engine.
Re: Bayelsa Tops Nigeria’s Unemployment Chart by Becomrichn: 1:50am On Feb 11, 2011
see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EXPOSED: Toughest Question Buhari Asks That The Service Chiefs Could Not Answer / Samon Akanni Oladiti: Governors, Politicians Hijacked NNPC’s ₦621Bn Road Fund / Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.