Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue (14398 Views)

Soldiers, Militants Clash Claims Three In Delta - PUNCH / Ombaste/fulani Clash: Alakio Village Under Attack / 20 Killed In Renewed TIV/Fulani Clash In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Onlytruth(m): 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2011
I also notice that the Fulani cattle men always return FAR MORE violence than was actually meted out to them.

You kill a few of their cows, they come back to raze down hundreds of houses and kill hundreds of people.
So, you see! These are not the type of people to accommodate in a civilized discourse, or restrained response.
So, before asserting your property rights by killing trespassing cows, better be ready to kill any Fulani in the entire state.

By the time you do this, I assure you they would NEVER repeat it. cool
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by sbeezy8: 5:56pm On Feb 12, 2011
that igbo guy is funny the way he was like the women who were violated were the fulani herdmen died of one disease or another LOL

not funny that they died but he somewhat insinuated that fulani are carrying AIDS or some STDS. lol
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by naijaking1: 6:01pm On Feb 12, 2011
Onlytruth:

I also notice that the Fulani cattle men always return FAR MORE violence than was actually meted out to them.

You kill a few of their cows, they come back to raze down hundreds of houses and kill hundreds of people.
So, you see! These are not the type of people to accommodate in a civilized discourse, or restrained response.
So, before asserting your property rights by killing trespassing cows, better be ready to kill any Fulani in the entire state.

By the time you do this, I assure you they would NEVER repeat it. cool

I have said that we all work and labor for Fulanis!
Is it true that there is a law granting them right to graze their cows anywhere in Nigeria? If so, then you'll understand why they act as if Benue, Plateau, Imo, Oyo, and Cross River states belong to them.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Onlytruth(m): 6:11pm On Feb 12, 2011
Posted by: naijaking1

I have said that we all work and labor for Fulanis!
Is it true that there is a law granting them right to graze their cows anywhere in Nigeria? If so, then you'll understand why they act as if Benue, Plateau, Imo, Oyo, and Cross River states belong to them.

I am not aware of any such law. Most laws follow some form of logic. Does it make any sense to grant a cattle herder unfettered access to all lands in Nigeria? NO.

Let them go to Obasanjo farms and graze there, lets see how they fare!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by cheikh: 6:49pm On Feb 12, 2011
eku bear
I'm by no means the best of Christians, but these particular verses I will always follow

@eku bear
Wao, so you've picked particular verses to follow instead of the essence [/b]and [b]spirit of your faith wink? so a cow for Pepper soup will never make you turn the other cheek grin or forgive those who trespass tongue I am in sympathy with the local farmers whose crops have been destroyed by mindless marauding herds men. No excuses [/b]for [b]deliberate bad behaviour!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Abagworo(m): 6:57pm On Feb 12, 2011
http://www.africaguide.com/culture/tribes/fulani.htm

The most important  object in Fulani society is a cattle. There are many names,  traditions, and  taboos concerning cattle. The number of cows a person owns is a  sign of his  wealth. This has caused significant conflict in recent months between  the  Fulani and other ethnic groups. The reason for this conflict is that the cows will many times go into the fields and eat the grains of local farmers.

The Foulah Tong Mosque What is now the heartland of the Eastend stretching off from main Kissy  Road overlooking the Queen Elizabeth II quay and dreaded for its nerve  racking - jostling traffic of vehicles, motor bikes and people was in the  early 1700 s a lush green hilly slope on which densely populated pastoral Foulah traders grazed their cows – hence the name Fullah Tong. They did not occupy the land for long. “Freed slaves, recaptives and business people mostly Yoruba’s from  Lagos and Abeokuta in Nigeria came into Sierra Leone during the 1700 s  and from the mouth of the Quay – since the most popular form of  transport those days was by sea – they moved into Foulah tong and later spread into Fourah bay and Aberdeen,” Alhaji Abu Bakarr Hamid a  revered son of the early Yoruba settlers who has spent the whole of his  58  years in the Foulah tong community recalled. As the new group of settlers started building houses and cutting down  the trees to expand the community, the Foulahs gradually left because  the land was no longer suitable for rearing cows.  “They went further east to Kissy which was then still bushy” said Alhaji  Hamid. The Yorubas had founded a home, and Foulah tong became aYoruba  hegemony with the culture and everything -Yoruba except the name. These early Yoruba settlers were mainly Muslims probably that is why  the Foulah Tong mosque became the epicenter of the community.  There are very many streets like tree branches shooting out from the  main street (Mountain cut) named - First Street, Second Street, Third  Street… and it seemed when
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 7:09pm On Feb 12, 2011
To be fair, cows are seen as a sign of status amongst many of Africa's nomadic tribes, from the Fulani to the Maasai, Samburu, Turkana etc. Many of these ethnic groups would kill someone over their cows, if they are not given money for their loss.

Let us just put that in perspective.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Abagworo(m): 7:30pm On Feb 12, 2011
The problem is that those tribes have refused to modernize and embrace advanced farming method which will allow them settle down at one place as home.The other tribes also value their crops like cow and hence their reactions when their crops are destroyed.What I think will solve this problem is education and reorientation of the Nomads.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by cheikh: 7:34pm On Feb 12, 2011
Chyz*
When i say fulani, im not just talking about the ones in nigeria.

@Chyz*
It's only in Nigeria that the Fulani wield/have such overarching Political power relative to their size. In other places they do not enjoy such unfettered influence. Some of them are good businessmen no doubt in other west African countries but that's as far as it goes. The ethnic nationalities in Mali, Guninea-Conakry, Cote d'Ivoire, Niger, SeneGambia, Cameroons, Burkina Faso and Sierra-Leone are far more self conscious of their history. They'll not allow or tolerate such overbearing behaviour as they exhibit in the north of Nigeria. Conquest/defeat confers psychological advantage and disadvantage on the defeated/victims of their aggression(Nigeria). They've practically unseated all the traditional rulers in the north-Ilorin(Kwara) and imposed Fulani rulers.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by cheikh: 8:02pm On Feb 12, 2011
EzeUche
To be fair, cows are seen as a sign of status amongst many of Africa's nomadic tribes, from the Fulani to the Maasai, Samburu, Turkana etc. Many of these ethnic groups would kill someone over their cows, if they are not given money for their loss.

@EzeUche
The bolded^^ in your post is not unique nor peculiar only to nomads but humanity as a whole where-ever property or wealth is involved. Will you not defend/protect your valuable [/b]property? As a matter of fact one is most likely to go to jail/long prison sentence in many countries for crimes against property or economic system than manslaughter or reckless driving. Nomads do not have monopoly of [b]sense of value for property wink. That in some places they settle disputes pertaining to loss of property(cows) by killing is because the laws of the land or 'modern' legal systems have not been effective in such remote places far away from the 'city'. In much of Southern Africa they traditionally assess their wealth by the number of Cows etc but times have changed due to 'foreign' sense of value and conquest/incursion in those places too. We cannot encourage or tolerate trespass and abuse/contempt for local farmers. Old habits die hard.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by cheikh: 8:10pm On Feb 12, 2011
Abagworo
What I think will solve this problem is[b] education[/b] and reorientation of the Nomads.

@Abagworo
Gbam wink^^ Effective laws and 'compensation' for losses, nothing less will do.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Chyz2: 8:54pm On Feb 12, 2011
EzeUche_:

Uche you tend to give these people too much credit.They kill your people but you hold them up in such high regards. It's attitudes like that which make people like me become clannish and not want to be associated with Igbos like you from the East. You forgive the people who are killing and raping you women yet you insult those who are not.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by sbeezy8: 8:58pm On Feb 12, 2011
Chyz*:

Uche you tend to give these people too much credit.They kill your people but you hold them up in such high regards. It's attitudes like that which make people like me become clannish and not want to be associated with Igbos like you from the East. You forgive the people who are killing and despoiling you women yet you insult those who are not.

haha if not biafra there would be fulani-igbo-hausa-calabar.

infact it can still happen very well
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Chyz2: 9:03pm On Feb 12, 2011
sbeezy8:

infact it can still happen very well

So are u thanking the Igbos?
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by cheikh: 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2011
EzeUche
The Fulani are an interesting case study. I'll be lying if I said, I am not amazed in how the rule over a people who are the majority in a region. While there Fulani brethren in other countries are not given this much power.
I wonder if it is, because the other ethnicities located in the Sene-gambia region were Muslims just as long as the Fulbe. The Mandinka, Wolof and Serer are just as zealous as them. Especially the Malinke who are the descendants of the Mali empire.

@EzeUche
You correctly identified the other ethnic nationalities in those places and of course the Manding/Malinke and their history. Well, as you must've recognised, a sense of history/culture [/b]and your place in it goes a long way in [b]shaping your world view and perception of people around you. It's only in Guinea-Conakry and Mali, that they have a fairly sizeable/noticeable population but that in itself cannot over ride the inherent sense of history/self of the other groups despite their shared religious(Islamic) affiliation. After all Islam was also 'foreign'/imported to the whole of Africa anyway. The history of the Peoples of imperial ancient Mali, Songhai and Ghana in many places predates the arrival of Islam; It certainly did not undertake the kind of aggressive messianic(jihadist), conquering actions of Uthman Dan Fodio against peaceful sedentary Hausa speaking natives of Nigeria. Like I pointed out earlier in my posts, [b]Conquest [/b]confers unfair/undue influence Political, Religious, Economic and most importantly [b]Psychological sense of superiority over the 'subjects'.[/b] It's akin to the effect of colonialism/slavery and Apartheid on the victims. The effects of such encounter lingers almost forever. It's insidious and disabling indeed. Only a small number of bright zealots can rule over a large number of timid/peaceful and ignorant majority wink, hence the north of Nigeria is unique from other places. You can also notice that the Kanuri of imperial kanemBornu are different and will not tolerate/accept such aggressive,  behaviour in their midst despite their shared religious affiliation, because they have a strong sense of history/self too, like the peoples of Mali etc. The Fulani did not conquer them hence they have mutual respect for each other and contempt for the majority Hausa sad.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 10:16pm On Feb 12, 2011
Chyz*:

Uche you tend to give these people too much credit.They kill your people but you hold them up in such high regards. It's attitudes like that which make people like me become clannish and not want to be associated with Igbos like you from the East. You forgive the people who are killing and despoiling you women yet you insult those who are not.

EzeUche is one of many Fulani-worshiping Nigerians. Sadly, Fulani-worship is a disease which afflicts not only Igbo, but Yoruba and of course especially Hausa.

Dude deserves to be smacked silly.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by jason123: 10:30pm On Feb 12, 2011
Chyz*:

I thought it was only me undecided ! Ezuche respects the people that kill his people but he hates the yorubas that have NEVER touch his people. They even gave igbos the[b] Eze Ndigbo[/b] of Lagos and OYO (the spiritual home of the yorubas). Somethings I keep wondering to myself, DOES EZEUCHE RESPECT THE FULANIS BECAUSE THEY KILL HIS PEOPLE?
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Abagworo(m): 10:47pm On Feb 12, 2011
jason123:

I thought it was only me undecided ! Ezuche respects the people that kill his people but he hates the yorubas that have NEVER touch his people. They even gave igbos the[b] Eze Ndigbo[/b] of Lagos and OYO (the spiritual home of the yorubas). Somethings I keep wondering to myself, DOES EZEUCHE RESPECT THE FULANIS BECAUSE THEY KILL HIS PEOPLE?

O boy you dey yarn crap.Ezeuche gave you insight into an African nomadic culture and you turned it into tribalistic bull5hit.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by jason123: 10:52pm On Feb 12, 2011
Abagworo:

O boy you dey yarn crap.Ezeuche gave you insight into an African nomadic culture and you turned it into tribalistic bull5hit.

There is nothing tribal about what I said. It is simply an observation.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 11:04pm On Feb 12, 2011
jason123:

The only way to gain respect in Nigeria is to kill liberally. If you are gentle and non-violent, you will not be respected.

Nigerians respect armed robbers, policemen, military, Fulani marauders, rampaging almajiris, and Niger Delta militants. The OPC is respected as well, since they are not afraid of violence and will kill if necessary.

I'm not saying that Yoruba people should necessarily become more violent, but they need to study how Nigeria works a bit better and learn from it.

EDIT: I don't mean "respect" necessarily in the sense, "Hey, I want to become like you." But more like, "This is a force that I'd better not fck around with."
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by aljharem(m): 11:10pm On Feb 12, 2011
the only language southerners understand is violence and it will be given to them well

whether middle-belt, igbo, ijaws, yorubas, etc just leave the fulani cattles alone, that's all undecided
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2011
Chyz*:

Where the hell did that come from?  angry I consider these people my enemies, but I am just trying to put things into perspective. I have been to many nations in West Africa and it is all the same with pastoral people everywhere. You mess with their cows, you get hurt. Would you hurt someone who destroys your house? I know I would. That is way I view this situation. Either way, I feel that these herders belong up North. I do not forgive anyone who targets my people. And you better not forgive that. They are nkita ara and they deserve that name.

However, I do value strength and I will recognize strength in my enemies. I enjoy learning about the martial (warlike) ethnicities in Africa. From the warrior Zulus to the power of the Asante people over their neighbors. The Fulani fall into this martial prowess as well through their faith. We Igbos used to be like that.

Our ancestors would not allow any of our clan members to be killed without retribution. Remember we discussed this issue, by coming to the conclusion that Christianity has pacified our people. We used to be a martial race and this is something that I miss.

My people destroyed entire villages, when they refused to pay tribute to us.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 11:42pm On Feb 12, 2011
jason123:

As someone said, you dey yarn crap. What kind of nonsense does that make? Why would I respect those who maim my people? I give instances of pastoral people who value their cows throughout Africa and you say this crap.

Go phuck yourself you little GOAT.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Onlytruth(m): 11:50pm On Feb 12, 2011
Posted by: sbeezy8

infact it can still happen very wel

My friend you must really be going crazy because your posts are making less and less sense. Abi Becomerich bite you?
lmao.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 11:52pm On Feb 12, 2011
cheikh:

EzeUche

@EzeUche
The bolded^^ in your post is not unique nor peculiar only to nomads but humanity as a whole where-ever property or wealth is involved. Will you not defend/protect your valuable [/b]property? As a matter of fact one is most likely to go to jail/long prison sentence in many countries for crimes against property or economic system than manslaughter or reckless driving. Nomads do not have monopoly of [b]sense of value for property wink. That in some places they settle disputes pertaining to loss of property(cows) by killing is because the laws of the land or 'modern' legal systems have not been effective in such remote places far away from the 'city'. In much of Southern Africa they traditionally assess their wealth by the number of Cows etc but times have changed due to 'foreign' sense of value and conquest/incursion in those places too. We cannot encourage or tolerate trespass and abuse/contempt for local farmers. Old habits die hard.

Conflict between pastoralist and agricultural societies is as old as civilizations itself. This is not only relates to Africa, but for most of the world. The Mongols used to raid the more agrarian societies found in China during the 1400s. The Huns as they entered Europe during 300 CE raided the barbaric agrarian societies in Germania, which forced the people who suffered from the raids to enter Europe.

In Africa, pastoralist have always posed a problem for agrarian societies. The Tutsi/Hutu conflict can be traced to this dimension. Maasai pastoralist would sometimes come into conflict with Kikuyu farmers. Pastoralist have brought down civilizations in order to find grazing land for their animals. One day, these African pastoralist will learn to settle in areas and learn proper herding techniques.

That should put it in perspective for some people.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Onlytruth(m): 11:58pm On Feb 12, 2011
Posted by: eku_bear

The only way to gain respect in Nigeria is to kill liberally. If you are gentle and non-violent, you will not be respected.

Nigerians respect armed robbers, policemen, military, Fulani marauders, rampaging almajiris, and Niger Delta militants. The OPC is respected as well, since they are not afraid of violence and will kill if necessary.

I'm not saying that Yoruba people should necessarily become more violent, but they need to study how Nigeria works a bit better and learn from it.

EDIT: I don't mean "respect" necessarily in the sense, "Hey, I want to become like you." But more like, "This is a force that I'd better not fck around with."

I have to accept you are 100% correct. To illustrate further, I've seen some Ijaw on this forum boasting about how they "dealt with Igbo" or how they enslaved some Igbo clans in the past.  When I read those things I started wondering whether our good nature and respect for minorities has been misunderstood for weakness. I had to ask one of them whether he believed that his people can defeat Igbo in a war, he didn't respond.

But attitudes like that proves your point. He obviously thought that because of MEND, the Ijaw is now invincible. I reminded him that MEND lasted at all because aboki was concerned about possible Igbo involvement. Then I warned him that if Ijaw EVER picks a fight with Igbo, we would do so much killing among them that they will effectively cease to exist in Eastern Nigeria.  cool cool cool

So yes, being peaceful in Nigeria doesn't make sense. It lionizes otherwise ordinary ants.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 12:03am On Feb 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

I have to accept you are 100% correct. To illustrate further, I've seen some Ijaw on this forum boasting about how they "dealt with Igbo" or how they enslaved some Igbo clans in the past.  When I read those things I started wondering whether our good nature and respect for minorities has been misunderstood for weakness. I had to ask one of them whether he believed that his people can defeat Igbo in a war, he didn't respond.

But attitudes like that proves your point. He obviously thought that because of MEND, the Ijaw is now invincible. I reminded him that MEND lasted at all because aboki was concerned about possible Igbo involvement. Then I warned him that if Ijaw EVER picks a fight with Igbo, we would do so much killing among them that they will effectively cease to exist in Eastern Nigeria.  cool cool cool

So yes, being peaceful in Nigeria doesn't make sense. It lionizes otherwise ordinary ants.

This is not new to the world. People respect strength.

One nation that I have respect for is Germany. Let me be clear, I do not support none of the heinous actions that they have done in the past. I am actually appalled, especially with the genocide committed against the Herero people. But, I do respect the Germans in how they were able to fight most of the world not only in one World War, but TWO World Wars.

If you look at the history of both world wars, Germany did not get much help from any its allies, except in WWII, in which the Japanese were able to distract the allies in Pacific. However, the German war machine has always amazed me. The martial prowess of the Germans cannot be understated.

The same goes for the Japanese, but that is another story. In this world, people respect strength.

Only the STRONG will SURVIVE. That should be the motto of the Igbos. We all know how weak Igbos were treated. Igbos who were not fit to be called Igbos were discarded. Those were the glory days of Igbo civlization. Such a Spartan lifestyle. Now we have been made weak. Igbos always crying about being marginalized, or our people being targeted in the North. We need to stand up for our rights. If someone meets us with machetes, we should meet them with AK-47s.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Onlytruth(m): 12:07am On Feb 13, 2011
@Chyz

I am a Christian - a JUDEO-CHRISTIAN; i.e, the type Americans practice. If you want to be secure and live in peace, you must be better armed than your enemies. Simple.

Humans are animals with pretenses of decorum.
Remove the facade, and all you are left with is an ordinary animal. So, how can you expect an animal to understand that you are being peaceful because of God? He can't understand that. EVER.

So, be armed and be prepared to fight to death ALWAYS, else, humans would turn you into a subhuman.

So, there is no need to attack the whole Christian religion because some animals are running around killing women and children and demanding respect in return. All you need is make sure they never escaped. That's all.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by udezue(m): 12:07am On Feb 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

WORD!!!!!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 12:08am On Feb 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

That is just not how warfare works, man. Check the income of those ND states. Bayelsa for example earned sh1tloads of money. Absolutely none of it was spent on the ground. Instead it was carted off overseas and/or spent it on arming the militants.

The Ijaw man probably has the 2nd best military force in Nigeria right now, after the Northerners. Warfare is not about which group has the largest number. That Igbo outnumber the Ijaw does not mean they cannot make you their slaves, if it ever comes down to warfare.

If things were just about #s, then Israel wouldn't be the dominant military force in the middle east, Rwanda wouldn't be dominating its neighbors, the white SAs wouldn't have dominated the black SAs, etc, Pizarro wouldn't have conquered the entire Inca empire with 200 men, the Mongols wouldn't have conquered China and most of Asia  undecided

2+ million barrels a day of oil, $200 million in street value per day. No force in Nigeria can defeat them militarily if they are able to use this resource fully to prosecute a war. Not even Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa combined. With that much money, 1 million people can defeat and enslave 100 million.

EDIT: typos
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 12:09am On Feb 13, 2011
On a side note, why would anyone be scared of these men?  grin

They do not even look intimidating. I have seen some bush Igbo people who would mistake these "men" for women.

Now compare that with Igbo warriors, dressed in traditional regalia.

Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by udezue(m): 12:10am On Feb 13, 2011
EzeUche_:

This is not new to the world. People respect strength.

One nation that I have respect for is Germany. Let me be clear, I do not support none of the heinous actions that they have done in the past. I am actually appalled, especially with the genocide committed against the Herero people. But, I do respect the Germans in how they were able to fight most of the world not only in one World War, but TWO World Wars.

If you look at the history of both world wars, Germany did not get much help from any its allies, except in WWII, in which the Japanese were able to distract the allies in Pacific. However, the German war machine has always amazed me. The martial prowess of the Germans cannot be understated.

The same goes for the Japanese, but that is another story. In this world, people respect strength.

[b]Only the STRONG will SURVIVE. That should be the motto of the Igbos. We all know how weak Igbos were treated. Igbos who were not fit to be called Igbos were discarded. Those were the glory days of Igbo civlization. Such a Spartan lifestyle. Now we have been made weak. Igbos always crying about being marginalized, or our people being targeted in the North. We need to stand up for our rights. If someone meets us with machetes, we should meet them with AK-47s.
[/b]

CASE CLOSED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Dasuki's Brother May Succeed Tambuwal / Ambode Receives Certificate Of Return / Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.