Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue (14397 Views)

Soldiers, Militants Clash Claims Three In Delta - PUNCH / Ombaste/fulani Clash: Alakio Village Under Attack / 20 Killed In Renewed TIV/Fulani Clash In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Chyz2: 1:38am On Feb 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: Chyz*

Bros Chyz I'm sorry I snapped earlier. This issue is pretty much simple to understand. I'm now convinced that the guy I was arguing has dubious intentions.
Thanks for the post.

It's no prob.Its understandable. We cool yo. cool
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Onlytruth(m): 1:38am On Feb 13, 2011
@ chyz,

So yes, Christianity is not an excuse not to fight for your survival. In fact I would say it is an excuse used by weaklings sometimes.
I believe you must be alive first to go to church.  cool

If I were to encounter Fulani herdmen in my farm, I would first organize a massive statewide campaign against them  before descending on the ones trespassing my farmland.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 1:40am On Feb 13, 2011
Fair enough. I'd like to ask more about Chyz's post, but it appears that my intentions are being questioned. Let's leave the subject then.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Chyz2: 1:48am On Feb 13, 2011
asorocker:

On the other hand igbos are economically subject not really enslaved  to the ijaws on oil wealth basis.
If the igbos don't fathom a way of remaining economically relevant , that could be the end of igbo race.

On the political turf igbos are not a major player . On the military turf because of some envy reasons of some other tribes , igbos are yet to reassert them selves

You know its not good to let palm wine sit for too long then drink it because clearly it effed up your head. Igbos economically subgated to Ijaws because of oil? Is oil the only way we Igbos make money,lol? Please, we will make money out of dirt if we have too. Also, we have oil in our own land so your comment doesn't hold water in the slightest. An increasing area of Ijaw land are rendered useless because of the spoiling from oil fields, so where will they live in a few years. Even if they build a military on their land, it is too small.It would take up too much space. Where will the people that will be pushed out for room for the new military live? We Igbos don't rely on oil for survival, we rely on hard work. wink
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ChinenyeN(m): 1:49am On Feb 13, 2011
eku_bear:

Not going to lie, Germans are my favorite group of white people. Complete badasses.
Them and the Russians, for me.

On the whole Ijo/MEND/Igbo topic, I read a reference to Igbo suppliers as middlemen. Which kind middlemen? Was it not Abala that was manufacturing the weapons MEND and other militant groups are/were armed with? That aside, I'm not so sure how Igbo would fare, in this day and age, in a war against Ijo, especially considering how MEND is a rather cohesive, stable, well-armed and well organized unit, and how such a structure is currently not present among the Igbo (unless there is something I don't know).
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Onlytruth(m): 1:53am On Feb 13, 2011
Posted by: ChinenyeN

On the whole Ijo/MEND/Igbo topic, I read a reference to Igbo suppliers as middlemen. Which kind middlemen? Was it not Abala that was manufacturing the weapons MEND and other militant groups are/were armed with? That aside, I'm not so sure how Igbo would fare, in this day and age, in a war against Ijo, especially considering how MEND is a rather cohesive, stable, well-armed and well organized unit, and how such a structure is currently not present among the Igbo (unless there is something I don't know).

Yes! There is a HELL OF A LOT you don't know. cool For instance, we've dropped the issue and moved on to Fulani cattlemen issue.  wink
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ChinenyeN(m): 2:06am On Feb 13, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: ChinenyeN
Yes! There is a HELL OF A LOT you don't know. cool For instance, we've dropped the issue and moved on to Fulani cattlemen issue.  wink
Forgive me for clicking "reply" late. In the middle of typing down my thoughts 40 minutes ago, I was interrupted and had to go attend to something.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 2:06am On Feb 13, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Them and the Russians, for me.

The 1400-1700s Russians, yeah. From a small kingdom in Eastern Europe to mastery of most of Asia. Pretty damn impressive.

But lately they've sucked @ss. Negative population growth (iirc), rampant alcoholism, AIDs, etc. I'm not too impressed by them.

And they lost most of their talented Jews to Israel and the US  grin

Take a look at this article:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-11/russian-debt-may-reach-585-of-gdp-on-demographic-woes-s-p-says.html

Russia’s debt may surge to 585 percent of gross domestic product by 2050 as the population declines and the government ramps up spending, pushing the credit rating below investment grade, Standard & Poor’s said.

The population will probably shrink to 116 million by 2050 from 140 million last year, forcing the government’s age-related expenditures to rise to 25.5 percent of GDP from 13 percent in 2010 in the rating agency’s “base-case scenario,” S&P credit analysts led by Frank Gill in London said in a research note e- mailed today and dated Feb. 8.

The demographic decline will lead to “prolonged fiscal imbalances,” putting Russia’s credit rating under “rising pressure” after 2015, according to S&P. Russian government debt is rated BBB at Standard & Poor’s, two notches above junk. The country’s state debt made up 9.5 percent of GDP, Finance Minister Alexei Kudrin said on Feb. 2.

I dunno what happened to the Russians, really fallen off.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by 9javoice1(m): 2:07am On Feb 13, 2011
Pls my igbo brother's let's becareful how we talk.  They all know what we can do but let's be logical to discuss any topic without allowing ourself's been used in tribal bashing here. igbo's should defend ijaws anyday anytime,because we are brother's not just neighbours ok. 35% of mend are igbos i knew that with prove,so we are fighting the same course.

my brother's i have not seen anywhere here on NL hausa's talk against fulani's the answer is 'NO'. pls don't allow an hausa/fulani man that change his username just to turn us into bashing our lovely brothers. i believe this topic is all about fulani and their evil intention in nigeria, lets talk about that. look at how alj harem talks and his brother abu maryam spit fire without any sense of reasoning. this word's from this people proves to us what fulani's take nigeria for. we are nothing but a bounch of nothing to them.

Let put it clear 'HAUSA/FULANI REMAINS VIRUS TO NIGERIA AS A NATION' But they are afraid there time is up. all their allies is turnig against them because of their evil agenda's. we can see that clearly and soonest they will fall totaly. if great empire's of old falls hausa/fulani dominance which british put to hold just in a year is nothing.  

Yoruba's hate them, Ijaws hate them, middle beltan's hate them, we igbo's are their worst nightmare infact we are lion targeting a prey to stricke. and oneday they will regret ever fighting igbo's in the history of time. Let all southern nigeria unite and together we shall liberate ourself. lets learn from 1966 - 1970 event and unite for our own good.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ChinenyeN(m): 2:09am On Feb 13, 2011
eku_bear:

The 1400-1700s Russians, yeah. From a small kingdom in Eastern Europe to mastery of most of Asia. Pretty damn impressive.

But lately they've sucked @ss. Negative population growth (iirc), rampant alcoholism, AIDs, etc. I'm not too impressed by them.

And they lost most of their talented Jews to Israel and the US  grin

Take a look at this article:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-11/russian-debt-may-reach-585-of-gdp-on-demographic-woes-s-p-says.html

I dunno what happened to the Russians, really fallen off.

Yeah, I know. They haven't been performing like before, but their vibe still kind of echoes, in my opinion.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 2:11am On Feb 13, 2011
eku_bear:

More like 1721-1991 would be a more accurate account of Russia's rise. Russia was still backwards until Peter the Great in 1721 turned a backwards Rus Kingdom into a true world power. I think the end of the Soviet Union was when Russia start to regress.

We cannot forget about Napoleonic France. Napoleon was a true tactician, but he should never have invaded Russia during the Winter. Hitler would later make that same mistake.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 2:13am On Feb 13, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Yeah, I know. They haven't been performing like before, but their vibe still kind of echoes, in my opinion.

GDP/capita rankings:
48 Libya 12,062
49 Chile 11,587
50 Poland 11,521
51 Equatorial Guinea[6] 11,081
52 Lithuania 10,765
53 Seychelles 10,714
54 Russia 10,521
55 Brazil 10,471
56 Latvia 10,377
57 Turkey 10,206

Just a fading power, overall.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by jason123: 2:13am On Feb 13, 2011
9ja voice:

Pls my igbo brother's let's becareful how we talk.  They all know what we can do but let's be logical to discuss any topic without allowing ourself's been used in tribal bashing here. igbo's should defend ijaws anyday anytime,because we are brother's not just neighbours ok. 35% of mend are igbos i knew that with prove,so we are fighting the same course.

my brother's i have not seen anywhere here on NL hausa's talk against fulani's the answer is 'NO'. pls don't allow an hausa/fulani man that change his username just to turn us into bashing our lovely brothers. i believe this topic is all about fulani and their evil intention in nigeria, lets talk about that. look at how alj harem talks and his brother abu maryam spit fire without any sense of reasoning. this word's from this people proves to us what fulani's take nigeria for. we are nothing but a bounch of nothing to them.

Let put it clear 'HAUSA/FULANI REMAINS VIRUS TO NIGERIA AS A NATION' But they are afraid there time is up. all their allies is turnig against them because of their evil agenda's. we can see that clearly and soonest they will fall totaly. if great empire's of old falls hausa/fulani dominance which british put to hold just in a year is nothing.  

Yoruba's hate them, Ijaws hate them, middle beltan's hate them, we igbo's are their worst nightmare infact we are lion targeting a prey to stricke. and oneday they will regret ever fighting igbo's in the history of time. Let all southern nigeria unite and together we shall liberate ourself. lets learn from 1966 - 1970 event and unite for our own good.

With GEJ calling people rascals, do not think that unity is a little jeopardised?
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Chyz2: 2:16am On Feb 13, 2011
jason123:

With GEJ calling people rascals, do not think that unity is a little jeopardised?

Look, do not bring your nonsense to this thread.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by jason123: 2:17am On Feb 13, 2011
Chyz*:

Look, do not bring your nonsense to this thread.

It's like you are crazy. Go hang! Abi, did I reply you?
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 2:20am On Feb 13, 2011
EzeUche_:

More like 1721-1991 would be a more accurate account of Russia's rise. Russia was still backwards until Peter the Great in 1721 turned a backwards Rus Kingdom into a true world power. I think the end of the Soviet Union was when Russia start to regress.

We cannot forget about Napoleonic France. Napoleon was a true tactician, but he should never have invaded Russia during the Winter. Hitler would later make that same mistake.

They were backwards, but conquered a LOT of land. And not from scrubs, but from very warlike tribes and peoples. It is hard to be very advanced when you are gobbling lots of land. . . it takes time to digest it.

Yeah, definitely agree about Napoleon. Tremendous badass. And I agree. . . I dunno why people always want to invade Russia. First master your backyard (Europe) before you go adventuring off into Russia, imo.

Though I guess we are better off that he didn't focus on defeating England first. Two front wars are just stupid. Has anyone successfully pulled a major two front war off?
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by 9javoice1(m): 2:29am On Feb 13, 2011
Mr.Jason the rascal GEJ call yoruba's are not to equate with what edwin clark calls igbo's and what obasanjo calls igbo's. you see! 'a friend that talks ill of me is still better than an enemy that butcher's my family with cutlas an guns' ok.  

if southern nigeria can unite then we can save NC if they ask for it. And after if we don't want to continue moving along togetger then we can still part our seperate ways. which do you prefare 'an igbo man that goes to church where yoruba's are pastor's or an hausa man that can never pray in a musque(in northern) a yoruba is an iman.   the evil i see in yoruba's,igbo's,ijaws etc are not to compare what hausa/fulani is doing to other tribe's in daily bases.

The truth that is undisputable is that the unity of igbo's and roruba's is simply the libration of nigeria and alsodownfall of hausa/fulani's.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by jason123: 2:32am On Feb 13, 2011
9ja voice:

Mr.Jason the rascal GEJ call yoruba's are not to equate with what edwin clark calls igbo's and what obasanjo calls igbo's. you see! 'a friend that talks ill of me is still better than an enemy that butcher's my family with cutlas an guns' ok.  

if southern nigeria can unite then we can save NC if they ask for it. And after if we don't want to continue moving along togetger then we can still part our seperate ways. which do you prefare 'an igbo man that goes to church where yoruba's are pastor's or an hausa man that can never pray in a musque(in northern) a yoruba is an iman.   the evil i see in yoruba's,igbo's,ijaws etc are not to compare what hausa/fulani is doing to other tribe's in daily bases.

The truth that is undisputable is that the unity of igbo's and roruba's is simply the libration of nigeria and alsodownfall of hausa/fulani's.

Good. smiley
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ShangoThor(m): 2:37am On Feb 13, 2011
9ja voice:

Hey Bro I've been screaming on this forum for weeks about this, it is so straight forward too!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 2:39am On Feb 13, 2011
eku_bear:

They were backwards, but conquered a LOT of land. And not from scrubs, but from very warlike tribes and peoples. It is hard to be very advanced when you are gobbling lots of land. . . it takes time to digest it.

Yeah, definitely agree about Napoleon. Tremendous badass. And I agree. . . I dunno why people always want to invade Russia. First master your backyard (Europe) before you go adventuring off into Russia, imo.

Though I guess we are better off that he didn't focus on defeating England first. Two front wars are just silly. Has anyone successfully pulled a major two front war off?

I can think of one person who was successful in fighting a two front war. The Roman Emperor Aurelian had to defeat both the Gallic Empire in the Western half of the Roman Empire and the Palmyrene Empire in the Eastern half of the Empire at the same time. A two front war, in which he crushed both his opponents.

The Russians ascendancy started after they threw off the yoke of oppression by the Tatars who were a Mongolian people who were once part of the Golden Khanate, which was part of Ghenghis Khan empire.

That leads me to another people who I admire for their strength, ruthlessness and sheer tenacity. That was the Mongols, who had the largest empire the world has ever known. That stretched from the Atlantic Sea to the Pacific Sea, and included most of modern day Russia, Iran, Afghanistan, Northern India, China and the Korean peninsula. The Mongols did not play around.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 2:42am On Feb 13, 2011
The warlike Igbo clans are:

Abam (Terrible reputation for head hunting)
Ohafia
Abiriba
Mbaise (Well I am not going to say what they are known for lipsrsealed)
Ngwa
Aro

This is my own personal opinion, but the Eastern Igbo clans were highly militaristic.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by namfav(m): 7:38am On Feb 13, 2011
uche igbos are very weak, don't show us oversized igbos because that is irrelivant we can take igboland with relative ease, the toughest africans are the beja, somalis, fulanis, berbers and the hausa
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 13, 2011
masai.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by udezue(m): 7:43am On Feb 13, 2011
Hausa-Fulani only understand violence and when you reply them with violence they will respect you. I do not admire any shyt about them.

TRUE STORY

Back in very early 90s, an Igbo man was killed by Hausa people in Kano and in response the father who owned the largest gun store in Kano opened up his store wide open and Igbo men rushed into the whole store and took all the guns for free. The Igbos of Kano turned on the Hausa population and slaughtered many. They unleashed mayhem on the Hausa-Fulani who were so surprised at the viciousness of the usually peaceful Christian They sacked the Hausa in their own domain and it took the pleading of Hausa leaders for peace for the Igbo to stop attacking Hausa-Fulani people in Kano.

Across the country a law passed making it mandatory for any gun  owner to submit their guns at the police station for registration coz the govt was shocked at the level of destruction and loss lives caused by the Igbos. They did not know that the owner of the gun shop was responsible for such a large influx of weapons in the state of Kano. The man died later but ppl suspect that he was killed by the Hausa quietly.
From 1990s to 2000 there was not 1 incident of attack or planned attacks on the Igbo in Kano and to a very large extent the whole North until Kaduna Sharia riots started.
So guys Hausa-Fulani are not supernatural beings. All you have to do is arm yourselves to the teeth and be ready to kill them more than they have killed your own people.

One Igbo man killed, thousands of Hausa-Fulani people and their properties destroyed.  THUMBS UP!!!!

I so remember that incident like yesterday. People in Enugu were rejoicing. Older people like my parents and other people were cautioning people and telling them that civil war was too costly and terrible and they are not sure if they are ready for another one but the younger population seemed ready for it.

My own father had to register his gun too.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 13, 2011
Older people like my parents and other people were cautioning people and telling them that civil war was too costly and terrible and they are not sure if they are ready for another one but the younger population seemed ready for it

they'll also say the same thing after they've seen war.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 7:45am On Feb 13, 2011
namfav:

uche igbos are very weak, don't show us oversized igbos because that is irrelivant we can take igboland with relative ease, the toughest africans are the beja, somalis, fulanis, berbers and the hausa

You would not dare to say to a real Igbo man's face. That would be first class ticket to your maker. Just, because you follow the tenets of Islam, does not mean you all are stronger than other groups. Christianity may have pacified some of the Igbos, but the warrior tradition still lives. on.

And do not get upset at me for posting a picture of you "girly men."  grin Igbo men such as myself possess bodies that can break you people in half. Let the fight be one on one, and you will see the Igbo man carry the day. Why do you think people say we have high testosterone?

Do not make us return to the tradition of head hunting.

Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by namfav(m): 9:29am On Feb 13, 2011
udezue:

Hausa-Fulani only understand violence and when you reply them with violence they will respect you. I do not admire any shyt about them.

TRUE STORY

Back in very early 90s, an Igbo man was killed by Hausa people in Kano and in response the father who owned the largest gun store in Kano opened up his store wide open and Igbo men rushed into the whole store and took all the guns for free. The Igbos of Kano turned on the Hausa population and slaughtered many. They unleashed mayhem on the Hausa-Fulani who were so surprised at the viciousness of the usually peaceful Christian They sacked the Hausa in their own domain and it took the pleading of Hausa leaders for peace for the Igbo to stop attacking Hausa-Fulani people in Kano.

Across the country a law passed making it mandatory for any gun  owner to submit their guns at the police station for registration coz the govt was shocked at the level of destruction and loss lives caused by the Igbos. They did not know that the owner of the gun shop was responsible for such a large influx of weapons in the state of Kano. The man died later but ppl suspect that he was killed by the Hausa quietly.
From 1990s to 2000 there was not 1 incident of attack or planned attacks on the Igbo in Kano and to a very large extent the whole North until Kaduna Sharia riots started.
So guys Hausa-Fulani are not supernatural beings. All you have to do is arm yourselves to the teeth and be ready to kill them more than they have killed your own people.

One Igbo man killed, thousands of Hausa-Fulani people and their properties destroyed.  THUMBS UP!!!!

I so remember that incident like yesterday. People in Enugu were rejoicing. Older people like my parents and other people were cautioning people and telling them that civil war was too costly and terrible and they are not sure if they are ready for another one but the younger population seemed ready for it.

My own father had to register his gun too.

so the igbos are warriors because one of them took a gun and went crazy shooting at people at random? is that the igbo definition of a warrior? more like typical igbo cowardness
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 9:35am On Feb 13, 2011
namfav:

so the igbos are warriors because one of them took a gun and went crazy shooting at people at random? is that the igbo definition of a warrior? more like typical igbo cowardness

Better to meet you all with guns, than to be slaughtered like lambs by your fanatical people. That was a very good day in my eyes. It shows that you Northerners do not have a monopoly on violence. And we did it in your own turf.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by namfav(m): 9:36am On Feb 13, 2011
EzeUche_:

You would not dare to say to a real Igbo man's face. That would be first class ticket to your maker. Just, because you follow the tenets of Islam, does not mean you all are stronger than other groups. Christianity may have pacified some of the Igbos, but the warrior tradition still lives. on.

And do not get upset at me for posting a picture of you "girly men."  grin Igbo men such as myself possess bodies that can break you people in half. Let the fight be one on one, and you will see the Igbo man carry the day. Why do you think people say we have high testosterone?

Do not make us return to the tradition of head hunting.

who cares about your head hunting tradition the igbos are still pretty much weak and i've said it straight to many igbo men and women, your tradition of cowardness is well known you can go thinking that chopping the heads of your enemies and eating their livers is a sign of warrioship its not, its a sign of cowards that your ancestors amde you to be
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ladoma(m): 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2011
the most annoying thing is that some of this people are not even Nigerians.walahi.We should all be prepare for war with this Fulani.i mean it.they are the people used to kill millions in Sudan.they call them supporter of APC(check Google).now they are here.every one should arm themselves.A word is enough.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Decryptor(m): 8:37pm On Feb 13, 2011
I can clearly recall an incident that took place sometime in 2005 or so, during the Kaduna riots which sparked up reprisal attacks on hausas/fulanis in Aba, Onitsha and Awka. I was in Awka then when some youths who were angered by the rate of killings of igbos in the north ambushed some fulani herdsmen in an isolated area and slaugtered their cattle while the fulani b.a.s.t.a.r.d.s ran for their 4ucking lives. MENNNNN! come see as meat boku for market and was sold at a very cheap rate.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by aljharem(m): 8:52pm On Feb 13, 2011
Decryptor:

I can clearly recall an incident that took place sometime in 2005 or so, during the Kaduna riots which sparked up reprisal attacks on hausas/fulanis in Aba, Onitsha and Awka. I was in Awka then when some youths who were angered by the rate of killings of igbos in the north ambushed some fulani herdsmen in an isolated area and slaugtered their cattle while the fulani b.a.s.t.a.r.d.s ran for their 4ucking lives. MENNNNN! come see as meat boku for market and was sold at a very cheap rate.

you are one sick person

sick i tell ya

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

See What PDP Has Caused Nigerian Girls (with Pictures) / Okowa Inspects Multi-billion Naira Effurun-otor/ovwor Bridge / Ruling Party Chieftains, Opposition Align To Scuttle Tinubu’s 2023 Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.