Stats: 3,194,959 members, 7,956,607 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:04 PM

We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King (18265 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS / Evander Holyfield Visits Badagry To Trace His Roots / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by EzeUche2(m): 1:07am On Feb 16, 2011
By average, Igbos are fairer than most Nigerian ethnic groups except for the ones up North and our immediate neighbors like Ibibio/Efik/Annang. But makes us more interesting, is that we are Africans and not mixed with foreigners like Arabs or Europeans and yet we are still fair.

I am a caramel complexion and I love it.

Everyone wants to be "Igbo lite" that they will bleach their own skins. This is common amongst the Yorubas, sorry to say.
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by henry101(m): 1:10am On Feb 16, 2011
sbeezy8:

it would be better if some igbo just said yea igbo people range in color instead of the ezeuches of igboland saying all igbos are light.

I have igbo fam and I kno that being all light skinned is far from the truth.

Did he say that?

Though the reason is simple.
You find more light-skinned people from than zone in southern Nigeria.
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by jason123: 1:11am On Feb 16, 2011
EzeUche_:

By average, Igbos are fairer than most Nigerian ethnic groups except for the ones up North and our immediate neighbors like Ibibio/Efik/Annang. But makes us more interesting, is that we are Africans and not mixed with foreigners like Arabs or Europeans and yet we are still fair.

Everyone wants to be "Igbo lite" that they will bleach their own skins. [b]This is common amongst the Yorubas, sorry to say

lol!!! You do not know what you are talking about!
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by sbeezy8: 1:16am On Feb 16, 2011
EzeUche_:

Everyone wants to be "Igbo lite" that they will bleach their own skins. This is common amongst the Yorubas, sorry to say.

I never heard of igbo lite only "Bonny light"sorry to say.

if anyone wanted to look like anyone in Nigeria I hear more about fulani . . . . not really igbo. sorry

henry101:

If this will make you happy, then continue with your senseless judgement.
Do you need to go this way?

Did he say that?

Though the reason is simple.
You find more light-skinned people from than zone in southern Nigeria.

yea I dont doubt that but he was riding off the back of uduezes comment . of igbos in sierre leone are known to be light skinned,

Blyden Roye who is said to be igbo not very light tho
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by Obiagu1(m): 1:52am On Feb 16, 2011
The problem with Igbo descendants in Sierre Leone is that they bear English names and one can hardly know they were once Igbo.
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by Nobody: 4:09am On Feb 16, 2011
Everyone wants to be "Igbo lite" that they will bleach their own skins. [b]This is common amongst the Yorubas, sorry to say.

okie dokie!!
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by sbeezy8: 1:34pm On Feb 16, 2011
ezeagu:

[size=5pt](Is this the same guy that constantly brags about his imaginary future Igbo wife?)[/size]

Do you know what weaveon is? And what did this thread turn into self?

hahaha since when did I ever brag about having a future igbo  wife non jokingly? yea Ive had igbo GFs but certainly not wifey material. at the end of the day

chineke look at her roots! Nightmare!
[img]http://2.bp..com/_NzZ4l3ohP3I/SzCEG2UoB1I/AAAAAAAAA3k/D72LUT0NCys/s400/adaeze-igwe-199x300.jpg[/img]
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by sbeezy8: 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2011
aint nothing worse than a light skin girl with terribly nappy roots.

mods do you wanna clean up the thread.
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by mukina2: 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2011
Please lets leave out the personal insults.
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by EzeUche2(m): 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2011
tpiah!:

okie dokie!!

Don't take it personal, it was just an observation. Either way, I like the new tpiah. Keep up the good work with your responses.

mukina2:

Please lets leave out the personal insults.

Yes MASTER.
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by mukina2: 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2011
If only you'll stop tribal fights and obey forum rules you may be unbanned  grin cheesy
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by EzeUche2(m): 3:44pm On Feb 16, 2011
mukina2:

If only you'll stop tribal fights and obey forum rules you may be unbanned  grin cheesy

Ok, I shall stop if you keep your end of the bargain.   cool
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by mukina2: 3:45pm On Feb 16, 2011
You'll be observed first wink
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by fstranger3(m): 4:01pm On Feb 16, 2011
mukina2:

You'll be observed first wink

If you are willing to even consider the King of Bigots, its only fair you unban my first moniker, No?

I am not even anywhere as bigoted as that clueless mofo. I find your dialogue with him as somewhat of a tacit acceptance of his bigoted, uncouth, uncultured and belligerent attitude on this forum. And, if that is the case, it is only fair you unban all my screen names, especially the first, with immediate alacrity, with no questions asked.
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by mukina2: 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2011
as for you, your wahala too much.

You fight everywhere ,well i haven't seen you fighting on sports/epl section.

if you could tone it down and be nice, you first username would be unbanned too. smiley
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by EzeUche2(m): 8:04pm On Feb 16, 2011
fstranger3:

If you are willing to even consider the King of Bigots, its only fair you unban my first moniker, No?

I am not even anywhere as bigoted as that clueless mofo. I find your dialogue with him as somewhat of a tacit acceptance of his bigoted, uncouth, uncultured and belligerent attitude on this forum. And, if that is the case, it is only fair you unban all my screen names, especially the first, with immediate alacrity, with no questions asked.

Frankly, you are guilty of far worse than I have said about another group of people. You and your cohorts continue to label the Igbo as cannibals, kidnappers, thieves etc. Such inflammatory terms that you use against a people is quite unbelievable I must say.

People can tolerate me, because they know I will not go that far. However, with you, people see you as very annoying and intolerable. And your new habit of stalking women on Nairaland is quite appalling as well. As the Americans say, "people who live in glass houses should not throw stones."
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by ezeagu(m): 3:53pm On Feb 18, 2011
sbeezy8:

hahaha since when did I ever brag about having a future igbo  wife non jokingly? yea Ive had igbo GFs but certainly not wifey material. at the end of the day

Sometimes I can't tell when some of you people are joking or not. It seems when you want to back out of something then you were "joking".

sbeezy8:

chineke look at her roots! Nightmare!
[img]http://2.bp..com/_NzZ4l3ohP3I/SzCEG2UoB1I/AAAAAAAAA3k/D72LUT0NCys/s400/adaeze-igwe-199x300.jpg[/img]

I don't have any self hatred, so this doesn't have anything to do with me. Carry on posting all the light skin women with the "pretty" hair that you don't have.
Re: We Have No Roots In Nigeria- Obi Metzeger, Ayo King by MansaPiye: 10:31am On Jun 14, 2016
There were many freed Igbo slaves who were resettled in Sierra Leone & Liberia. There children clearly identified as Igbo and had an Igbo Union as Igbos everywhere around the world do till date.
Ofcourse they as this document shows, thrived and gained wealth in both countries.
Those who are in the business of resenting Ndi Igbo must understand that we are unstoppable as a race.
The Yorubas can claim Brazil if they want and no Igbo would be bothered. But as soon as an Igbo claim anything then that Igbo is questioned, insulted, mocked etc, we will keep claiming while you keep crying. Currently, Igbos contribute 50% of Lagos state GDP, they drive the local economy and have amassed enough wealth and population, in the near future, we will demand Taxation with representation, when we do, you'll cry that we are claiming Lagos, why shouldn't we claim it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Carnival Pictures 2012 / 'I Belong To Every Race' - Oluwo Of Iwo Says As He Rocks Traditional Igbo Attire / Hausa Fulani Women Are The Most Faithful Women In Nigeria