Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,387 members, 7,836,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike (8537 Views)

Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) / Picture Of Gov. Fashola Kissing His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 11:29pm On Feb 14, 2011

Divulging the good news to us recently was Segun Arinze, the current national president, AGN, who is equally spearheading a fund raising team for Dike. He disclosed that Fashola promised to assist Dike during an SOS call with some members to his Alausa, Ikeja, office.

Arinze, on behalf of AGN, equally thanked the governor for assisting to raise part of the N10 million needed for the kidney transplant. Aside Fashola's assistance, Arinze and his team recently embarked on a fund raising drive, starting from their members and some well-meaning Nigerians. And the result, according to him, had been fruitful and encouraging.

In fact, Fashola may have sponsored this with his pocket money and appealing to other politicians etc. I'm not sure about this but I hope so. I hope it wasn't tax payers money that was used.

and clearly, fashola did it for a favor. like I said, he was lobbied.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On Feb 14, 2011
^^^Interesting!!!

Just to ask again, if there is a Goodwill/State miscellaneous account out there, can we at least get information proving it's existence, and maybe how we(other Lagoscians) can access the funds for our own health needs?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 12:14am On Feb 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^Interesting!!!

Just to ask again, if there is a Goodwill/State miscellaneous account out there, can we at least get information proving it's existence, and maybe how we(other Lagoscians) can access the funds for our own health needs?

I want to know too.
also, how were the 300 flown abroad selected?
was the state working with specific NGOs those patients were affiliated with?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 12:23am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

lol. see how you contradict yourself. If you read the news sources, you will see that Fashola financed the treatment. maybe he did it through the ministry of health, I don't know. but HE did it.
You are the one who need to use your common sense and figure out facts and realities here.

besides he is the boss of all the ministers. which is why we credit him for the public transit system rather than commissioner for works etc.

unless you are accusing the OP of providing false information.

So because Fashola is the Governor, the state's money is his money and he's directly in charge of everything within the state government? Is this what you are saying?

You are not making any sense.

lol at unless you are accusing the OP of providing false information. Only fools runs with everything on NL. You really are very naive.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 12:30am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

Divulging the good news to us recently was Segun Arinze, the current national president, AGN, who is equally spearheading a fund raising team for Dike. He disclosed that Fashola promised to assist Dike during an SOS call with some members to his Alausa, Ikeja, office.

Arinze, on behalf of AGN, equally thanked the governor for assisting to raise part of the N10 million needed for the kidney transplant. Aside Fashola's assistance, Arinze and his team recently embarked on a fund raising drive, starting from their members and some well-meaning Nigerians. And the result, according to him, had been fruitful and encouraging.

In fact, Fashola may have sponsored this with his pocket money and appealing to other politicians etc. I'm not sure about this but I hope so. I hope it wasn't tax payers money that was used.

and clearly, fashola did it for a favor. like I said, he was lobbied.

This is your evidence that he received special treatment?

lol. Are you for real?

What about the other 300 people that didn't participate in any health work? Do you mind telling me what they did for the governor to deserve the millions of naira spent on their treatment and what favor the governor is getting back from them?

So matters of life and death is now a favors game? Do you really believe the nonsense you are typing or you are just clueless?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 12:35am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

I want to know too.

The governor said "we". Meaning the state.

“We know that you have the capacity. We also want to bring back as many of our expert doctors, nurses who have left the country as a result of frustration.

“We are spending a considerable amount of money sponsoring people abroad to United States, United Kingdom and India for kidney transplant and replacement.

“We have also noticed that they are going to environments where their families are not immediately around them. They are also taking food after surgery that is not what they may have wanted to eat which contributes substantially to the healing process.

“We also see that it is our economy that is losing and that is why our government has decided that it will locate the kidney and heart transplant facility in Lagos and that is exactly what is going on now at Gbagada”, the Governor said

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/index.php?page=news&nid=769
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 12:38am On Feb 15, 2011
^ keep grasping at straws

What about the other 300 people that didn't participate in any health work?

me and you both already came to a conclusion that fashola didn't spend 7 million each on these 300 individuals. unless you want to provide proof for us that he did.
Dike obviously got wayyyyy more of a preferential treatment. do you agree or not?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 12:40am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

Here is more news to support my assertion:

---
This is definitely cheering news, especially to movie buffs, colleagues and friends of Prince Ifeanyi Dike, the consummate actor, TV presenter and current chairman, Board of Trustees of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), who has been down with a kidney failure.

Information reaching us has it that the amiable and hardworking governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), has agreed to lend a helping hand to Dike's through some financial lifeline.

“I'm using this medium to call on other kindhearted Nigerians to donate generously towards saving the life of Dike, who has done so much for the growth of Nollywood and African entertainment. Our aim is to raise the N10 million on time, so that he can go for the transplant before more damage is done to his body, we are very optimistic that more Nigerians will come to our aid over this unfortunate issue.

We thank and are very grateful to governor Fashola for leading by example.”
In a related development, foremost filmmaker and creator of Nite of a Thousand Laughs, Opa Williams, who was touched by Dike's ailment, said he would be organizing a fund raising walk for him soon. He stated that the aim of the celebrity walk for Dike would be to raise funds and create awareness that would help sustain the fight against kidney failures in the society. “Sincerely, nothing is too big for us to do to help save the life of Ifeanyi Dike now.

All hands must be on deck to help him stay alive by raising the needed funds for his transplant, because it could happen to anybody. Dike is one of our own and he must not be left alone to carry this heavy cross. We will soon make public the date for this walk.”

In the moving words of the Arondizuogu, Imo State-born presenter of defunct Igbo Kwenu and several others on TV, the ailment, which was diagnosed last year, was seriously affecting his physique, finance and psyche. Meanwhile, several of his colleagues and well wishers that spoke with us, said they had already started praying and fasting for a successful transplant, so that Dike can bounce back to his work in no distant time.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvmovie/45031/3/fashola-nollywood-others-rally-round-ifeanyi-dike.html

This is very laughable.  Feels like I'm debating a child.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 12:42am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

^ keep grasping at straws

This is what people say when they get cornered.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 12:48am On Feb 15, 2011
yea keep grasping at straws with comments like "The governor said "we". Meaning the state." lol 

^
we voted fashola to represent the state. so of course he's going to say "we"
besides that link has nothing to do with Dike's 7 million "donation"
keep grasping at straws ok?

you've already been provided the links that show clearly that dike's money came from fashola himself and his political friends. nothing to do with a ministry of health program AT ALL (unless you provide concrete prove for which I will certainly commend you. but I doubt you even know what you are talking about talk less of knowing what the state agenda is when it is clearly apparent!!)
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Kobojunkie: 12:52am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

I want to know too.

[b]DETAILS [/b]are hard to obtain, I have come to learn.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 12:55am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

yea keep grasping at straws with comments like "The governor said "we". Meaning the state." lol 

^
we voted fashola to represent the state. so of course he's going to say "we"
besides that link has nothing to do with Dike's 7 million "donation"
keep grasping at straws ok?

you've already been provided the links that show clearly that dike's money came from fashola himself and his political friends. nothing to do with a ministry of health program AT ALL.

So the statement below = The money came from Fashola's pocket?

The link you posted said "for assisting to raise part" Are you capable of rational and adult reasoning at all?

Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 12:58am On Feb 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

So the statement below = The money came from Fashola's pocket?
The link you posted said "for assisting to raise part" Are you capable of rational and adult reasoning at all?

schedule an appointment with your optometrist asap because
you clearly need extra prescription strength glasses. I don't see how my comment below equal what you just mentioned above:

if you are smart, you will realize that I actually doubt that he used his pocket money although I was trying to give him a benefit of doubt.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 1:00am On Feb 15, 2011
And if what you are assuming is the fact that Fashola reached into his personal pocket to assist Mr Dike, where is the problem?

Is helping people now a bad thing? Or the Governor is not allowed to spend his own money to help other people?

Which is which?

Either way you cut it, you are not making any sense, People like you make the world a very hard place.

What a shame.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 1:01am On Feb 15, 2011
^ i am assuming that he used tax money. but hoping the money came from his pocket due to segun arinze's wording.

now ask me a question that actually makes sense. ok?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Mobinga: 1:02am On Feb 15, 2011
yes it does. make sense
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 1:05am On Feb 15, 2011
@ eko-ile
if he used his pocket money then I have less of a problem with his personal "donation"
but how are we sure of that?

from my first post on this forum i think i've made it clear that taxation is different from voluntary donation.

you are just here blabbering. taking about fashola in one minute. talking about minister of health in the next. you clearly do not know who is running government in lagos. you need to change your username asap. you're not giving lagos a good image at all. but i'm sure you're not doing it on purpose. i'll excuse you for that.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 1:05am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

schedule an appointment with your optometrist asap because
you clearly need extra prescription strength glasses. I don't see how my comment below equal what you just mentioned above:

if you are smart, you will realize that I actually doubt that he used his pocket money although I was trying to give him a benefit of doubt.

Of what use is your silly post after spending so much time running your mouth about what you finally have to admit that it's a case of may be or might?

Didn't I asserted to you to stop running your mouth about what you don't know anything about?

And didn't you post here saying you have proof to back up you assertion? in this same article you posted and I later quoted to spell out your baseless and pointless rubbish?

Quote from: Jenifa_ on Yesterday at 11:28:23 PM

Here is more news to support my assertion:

---
This is definitely cheering news, especially to movie buffs, colleagues and friends of Prince Ifeanyi Dike, the consummate actor, TV presenter and current chairman, Board of Trustees of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), who has been down with a kidney failure.

Information reaching us has it that the amiable and hardworking governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), has agreed to lend a helping hand to Dike's through some financial lifeline.

“I'm using this medium to call on other kindhearted Nigerians to donate generously towards saving the life of Dike, who has done so much for the growth of Nollywood and African entertainment. Our aim is to raise the N10 million on time, so that he can go for the transplant before more damage is done to his body, we are very optimistic that more Nigerians will come to our aid over this unfortunate issue.

We thank and are very grateful to governor Fashola for leading by example.”
In a related development, foremost filmmaker and creator of Nite of a Thousand Laughs, Opa Williams, who was touched by Dike's ailment, said he would be organizing a fund raising walk for him soon. He stated that the aim of the celebrity walk for Dike would be to raise funds and create awareness that would help sustain the fight against kidney failures in the society. “Sincerely, nothing is too big for us to do to help save the life of Ifeanyi Dike now.

All hands must be on deck to help him stay alive by raising the needed funds for his transplant, because it could happen to anybody. Dike is one of our own and he must not be left alone to carry this heavy cross. We will soon make public the date for this walk.”

In the moving words of the Arondizuogu, Imo State-born presenter of defunct Igbo Kwenu and several others on TV, the ailment, which was diagnosed last year, was seriously affecting his physique, finance and psyche. Meanwhile, several of his colleagues and well wishers that spoke with us, said they had already started praying and fasting for a successful transplant, so that Dike can bounce back to his work in no distant time.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvmovie/45031/3/fashola-nollywood-others-rally-round-ifeanyi-dike.html  
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 1:07am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

@ eko-ile
if he used his pocket money then I have less of a problem with his personal "donation"
but how are we sure of that?

from my first post on this forum i think i've made it clear that taxation is different from voluntary donation.

keep in mind I figured all this out from my own research.
you are just here blabbering. taking about fashola in one minute. talking about minister of health in the next. you clearly do not know who is running government in lagos. you need to change your username asap. you're not giving lagos a good image at all. but i'm sure you're not doing it on purpose. i'll excuse you for that.

Like I said, either way you cut it, you are not making any sense.

Btw, you really are a waste of time,
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 1:09am On Feb 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

Of what use is your silly post after spending so much time running your mouth about what you finally have to admit that it's a case of may be or might?

Didn't I asserted to you to stop running your mouth about what you don't know anything about?

And didn't you post here saying you have proof to back up you assertion? in this same article you posted and I later quoted to spell out your baseless and pointless rubbish?

keep talking. You clearly have no clue what your position in this argument is because you NEVER had one.
weren't you arguing that the money came from a discretionary fund? what fact did you use to support this?

at least I did my research and tried to come up with information to help us understand the motive for this "state sponsored charity" work

as far as i'm concerned, the money may be tax money. but we lack a transparent govt so we may never know for sure.

Kobojunkie:

[b]DETAILS [/b]are hard to obtain, I have come to learn.

true. especially for all things in a heavily corrupt country like nigeria
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 1:31am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

keep talking. You clearly have no clue what your position in this argument is because you NEVER had one.
weren't you arguing that the money came from a discretionary fund? what fact did you use to support this?

at least I did my research and tried to come up with information to help us understand the motive for this "state sponsored charity" work

as far as i'm concerned, the money may be tax money. but we lack a transparent govt so we may never know for sure.

true. especially for all things in a heavily corrupt country like nigeria

What of it's tax money?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 1:33am On Feb 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

What of it's tax money?

then it testifies to the corrupt nature of our govt.

i'm guessing you mean "if" instead of "of"?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by kcjazz(m): 1:46am On Feb 15, 2011
@Jenifa

Are you concerned about using tax payers money to save people? Or what? If so write and report to the Lagos government.

Not everyone will get 7 million, and as a matter of fact not everyone goes abroad for treatments, some need money to be treated in Nigeria.
This is not the first time Fashola or any other governor gets to do things like this. I don't know the intention of the OP of this thread whether to praise Fash, for me its all about saving a life.

Regarding any discretionary account, I doubt any government publishes accounts online. There is no "sick people" fund account to apply to. My assertion on an account is purely based on the fact that he can't use his money all the time to save lives plus this is common accounting practice. If you have someone sick, help them by joining a group that has a voice and meet people by forming relationships. You can't do that on the web either emails or phone. At the end, there is no guarantee that the guy will come out alive, but this is a start and a relief for his family.

@Ekoile
You have made your point, you don't even need to add more
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 1:48am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

then it testifies to the corrupt nature of our govt.

i'm guessing you mean "if" instead of "of"?

What if it's tax money?

So it's corrupt to save people's lives with tax payers money? Yes or No?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Kobojunkie: 1:49am On Feb 15, 2011
kcjazz:

@Jenifa

Are you concerned about using tax payers money to save people? Or what? If so write and report to the Lagos government.

Not everyone will get 7 million, and as a matter of fact not everyone goes abroad for treatments, some need money to be treated in Nigeria.
This is not the first time Fashola or any other governor gets to do things like this. I don't know the intention of the OP of this thread whether to praise Fash, for me its all about saving a life.

Regarding any discretionary account, I doubt any government publishes accounts online. There is no "sick people" fund account to apply to. My assertion on an account is purely based on the fact that he can't use his money all the time to save lives plus this is common accounting practice. If you have someone sick, help them by joining a group that has a voice and meet people by forming relationships. You can't do that on the web either emails or phone. At the end, there is no guarantee that the guy will come out alive, but this is a start and a relief for his family.

@Ekoile

Sigh!!!  

Do you really need to jump in here to ruin what could potentially yield something promising? Why do you feel you need to do that? You have from the start admitted you have no details on what this is about and what really happened, yet you feel you should interject when someone else tries to dig for answers and FACTS(something you admit you have NONE OF)? Come on!
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 2:43am On Feb 15, 2011
kcjazz:

@Jenifa

@Ekoile

Like I said before, I have zero tolerance for mindless, ignorant and pointless rants, but against my best judgment, I  toned it down, listened to and engaged this Jenifa person in good faith, but it looks like I wasted my time going back and forth with a 2 year old with no commons sense and  logic reasoning.

I really should have backed out when he/she spewed the consent rubbish,
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 6:06am On Feb 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

What if it's tax money?

So it's corrupt to save people's lives with tax payers money? Yes or No?

is it the most efficient way to save lives?
if 7 million can save 100 peoples' lives but they can't afford to bribe you would instead choose to save just one man?
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 6:09am On Feb 15, 2011
kcjazz:

@Jenifa

@Ekoile

that's why our government is so corrupt in Nigeria because we allow the state to do whatever it wants with our money without us questioning how it is being used.
this kind of passive citizenry is not the best. we should learn to be critical of our govt.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 6:20am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

that's why our government is so corrupt in Nigeria because we allow the state to do whatever it wants with our money without us questioning how it is being used.
this kind of passive citizenry is not the best. we should learn to be critical of our govt.

Only a mad and insane fool equates saving lives with corruption.

Your comments are not only unfortunate, they are irrational and irresponsible, even utterly st/upid and r/etarded.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by Jenifa1: 7:27am On Feb 15, 2011
and your comments are sweeter than chrisian dior perfume mixed with strawberry flavored ice-cream cake.

Jenifa_:

is it the most efficient way to save lives?
if 7 million can save 100 peoples' lives but they can't afford to bribe you would instead choose to save just one man who can afford to bribe you?

why didn't you respond to this comment above?
corruption = absolute inefficiency i tell ya
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by EkoIle1: 7:44am On Feb 15, 2011
Jenifa_:

and your comments are sweeter than chrisian dior perfume mixed with strawberry flavored ice-cream cake.

why didn't you respond to this comment above?
corruption = absolute inefficiency i tell ya

Was that a question? Ask a direct and legible question.
Re: Gov. Fashola Finances treatment of Ailing Nollywood Actor, Ifeanyi Dike by fstranger3(m): 7:48am On Feb 15, 2011
^^^

Oyinbo ni chica to n ba argue latoro.

O kan waste time e ni.

Se o ri pe k'omo nkan to n so ni

O ni sokuso ni girl yen. Ode paraku si tuni pelu.

PS: Eni a ba ta k'ara tupa, o ni oun gan gan ni aji t'ana wo loru.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abdulfatai Emetumah: The Igbo Muslim King (Photo) / Akwa Ibom Police Command Releases Statement, Says No Attempt On Akpabio / Buhari Will Award Contract For Eastern Corridor Railways Before December, VON DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.