Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt (10419 Views)

Buhari Returns To Nigeria,to Embark On Three-nation Tour Of Egypt, Saudi Arabia / Now That The Gworo Master Has Decided To Wade Into The Syrian War / Channels TV Addresses Dame Patient As President Of Nigeria [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by buzugee(m): 8:34pm On Feb 11, 2011
manny4life:

How?  embarassed embarassed
well he is a pus5y. there are only 2 ways to comport yourself in such a situation if you want to come of smelling like roses. any other way and you are a pus5y. he chose the pus5y way out. these are the only 2 options available to you

1, as soon as an unrest starts, to unseat you from power, you make an announcement to the public that you understand their sentiments and will vanquish the presidency henceforth. you come out looking like a noble and upstanding person (never mind you done stole money)
2, you do what mubarak did. resist, but if you take this stance, you have to take it all the way to the end. like the only way you are leaving office is in a coffin.
you dont resist and then cave in later like a lil beyachhhhhhhhh.  grin
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by toorich: 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2011
There must be something about Feb11: Iranian revolution, 32yrs ago today; Mandela freed,21 yrs ago today; Mubarak resigns,today
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Eziachi: 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2011
silami:

This tells us that change is possible without taking up arms. Human resilience is more powerful than weapons when it comes to change. MEND, Boko haram, MOSSOB and ODUA take note.

Egyptian revolution was possible because the people are just Egyptians an nothing else.  While with Nigeria, they are not just Nigerians but Arewa, Odua, Biafra etc. So when an issue arises, ethnic meaning is immediately read into it and once that is done, call it civil disobedient or revolution is dead at birth.

1966 was immediatly called an Igbo coup and that ends the start of a purge that would have cleaned up the first republic.

June 12 was immediately painted and branded a Yoruba affair even before it start, thereby killing the first chance ever of Nigeria getting an election and foundation of democracy right.
So what happened in Egypt is totally impossible with Nigeria. If it were in Nigeria, Mubarak's tribe would have rather eat their children than to allow their tribes man leave the seat of power.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by manny4life(m): 8:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
buzugee:

well he is a pus5y. there are only 2 ways to comport yourself in such a situation if you want to come of smelling like roses. any other way and you are a pus5y. he chose the pus5y way out. these are the only 2 options available to you

1, as soon as an unrest starts, to unseat you from power, you make an announcement to the public that you understand their sentiments and will vanquish the presidency henceforth. you come out looking like a noble and upstanding person (never mind you done stole money)
2, you do what mubarak did. resist, but if you take this stance, you have to take it all the way to the end. like the only way you are leaving office is in a coffin.
you dont resist and then cave in later like a lil beyachhhhhhhhh. grin

Ok I agree with you 100% on that point. I was surprised to have seen him resign someone whao said yesterday in a news conference that he was not leaving, also read on the Washington Express today he delegated presedential duties to vice but not leaving only for me to see news @abt noon he resigned, yeah I'll say it with you, such a lil B.I.T.CH, that is the name yo.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by silami(m): 8:57pm On Feb 11, 2011
^^^^ This makes sense I agree with you. But I am not talking of tribalism here rather the possibility of change without taking up arms or killing innocent lives all in the name of freedom fight.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2011
manny4life:

Ok I agree with you 100% on that point. I was surprised to have seen him resign someone whao said yesterday in a news conference that he was not leaving, also read on the Washington Express today he delegated presedential duties to vice but not leaving only for me to see news @abt noon he resigned, yeah I'll say it with you, such a lil B.I.T.CH, that is the name yo.

There was probably a sort of military coup of some sort, cause in less than 24 hours, the man went from an obstinate narcissist to a resigning president? Something must have taken place to, for lack of a milder word, FORCE him out. Also, that he did not make the announcement himself hints at some back room arm twisting/power toggle of some sort.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2011
If he hadn't resigned, his life would have been in jeopardy. Remember what happened to Anwar Sadat?
The military threatened him i guess, for someone that gave a public speech yesterday defying the protesters and barely 24 hours later resigned, there's more to that. But i believe his era is gone for good.

Without the neutrality of the military, this would have been impossible. The military never intervened in Tunisia uprising too, that was what made the protest to the fruitful
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Eziachi: 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2011
I think Mubarak's first mistake goes back to allowing that Obama's long awaited speech at the Cairo University earlier in his presidency.
Then the Tunisians nailed in his coffin as EGYPTIANS watched their smaller brothers chased their own dictator away.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by buzugee(m): 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2011
manny4life:

right. B. I . T . C. H. A . S . S battybwoy mubarak grin
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by buzugee(m): 9:11pm On Feb 11, 2011
enitan2002:

If he hadn't resigned, his life would have been in jeopardy. Remember what happened to Anwar Sadat?
The military threatened him i guess, for someone that gave a public speech yesterday defying the protesters and barely 24 hours later resigned, there's more to that. But i believe his era is gone for good.

Without the neutrality of the military, this would have been impossible. The military never intervened in Tunisia uprising too, that was what made the protest to the fruitful
so he was not ready to give his life and yet he was resisting ? what a nincompo0p
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by maga1: 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2011
Oyinbo na oyinbo (chi.nese, arabs, americans, europeans or whatever u call it). If it were my fellow black. He would have simply gave the army the order to SHOOT AT SIGHT after the imposition of curfew. Just imagine after 18 days of pressure, even though he has been in power for 30something years he finally stepped down. On the contrary our black brodas will neva relinquish power no matter the pressure.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Dsense(m): 9:15pm On Feb 11, 2011
Wow, , , . . , Thank God cheesy
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by manny4life(m): 9:15pm On Feb 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

There was probably a sort of military coup of some sort, cause in less than 24 hours, the man went from an obstinate narcissist to a resigning president? Something must have taken place to, for lack of a milder word, FORCE him out. Also, that he did not make the announcement himself hints at some back room arm twisting/power toggle of some sort.

@Kobo, there was no “some sort of military coup”, the man had pressure from other Arab leaders. He just addressed the nation on Thursday that he wasn’t leaving; a crowd of less than 10,000 turned into hundreds of thousands like the Washington Post reported it. His speech really turned heads and people were angry. From the last I understood, the military were standing by him and had his full support and at least, I know the Arabs/Muslims, when they owe allegiance to their leaders, they stand by it. They are unlike a group of people who easily quit. My best bet is he received mounting pressure from different heads of state; the Washington Post reported this morning in the papers that he “delegated presidential duties to his vice” within 4hrs he quit? It shows he made up his mind from last night after the speech.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by mbulela: 9:17pm On Feb 11, 2011
this revolt was made possible by the armed forces.
if they had the kind of law enforcement agencies that we have in Nigeria, the entire crowd would have been shot dead in 3 days and afterwards the IG and COAS given CFR and MFR awards.
The Egyptian army knew there role and knew that allegiance belonged to the state and not an individual.

Much respect to the Egyptian people.
Whatever you get next at least your voice will be respected.

I think the muslim brotherhood is over rated.
the group makes up only a small fraction of Egypt’s populace, with no more than 100,000 or so followers in a nation of more than 80 million.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Jazzuozo: 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
Hosed in[Hosni], hosed out. Prize for Egyptians' pricey persistence. Glad for them! Food for Naijans' thought. Who shall bell the cat?
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by buzugee(m): 9:19pm On Feb 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

he should have gone out with a bang not with a whimper. he got 'forced' out ?  punk was all mouth, no action. kinda like sadam.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Amhatu(m): 9:23pm On Feb 11, 2011
A real shame on Mubarak. He should have learned the lessons from Mobutu's fall. This is what happens when Empires like the USA die, they let go of thier proxy strong men  because they can nolonger afford it.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Feb 11, 2011
manny4life:

@Kobo, there was no “some sort of military coup”, the man had pressure from other Arab leaders. He just addressed the nation on Thursday that he wasn’t leaving; a crowd of less than 10,000 turned into hundreds of thousands like the Washington Post reported it. His speech really turned heads and people were angry. From the last I understood, the military were standing by him and had his full support and at least, I know the Arabs/Muslims, when they owe allegiance to their leaders, they stand by it. They are unlike a group of people who easily quit. My best bet is he received mounting pressure from different heads of state; the Washington Post reported this morning in the papers that he “delegated presidential duties to his vice” within 4hrs he quit? It shows he made up his mind from last night after the speech.

I listened to the speech and that speech was not from a man who was even contemplating resignation. He was quite simply still full of himself as he made himself out to be the only "messiah" for the people even as they want democracy. He essentially felt it could only be delivered with him in power. And this was just last night. Please try to see the speech for yourself. He [b]REFUSED [/b]to step down.

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2011/02/10/opinion/1248069628243/mubaraks-speech.html

I know he delegated SOME POWER to his deputy, he still retained, for himself, the major control. That again, did not seem the likely actions of a man willing to consider resignation. I did not read the Washington post today but I remain suspicious of what really happened. I believe it is likely the army generals had to force him out in the end.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by manny4life(m): 9:30pm On Feb 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I listened to the speech and that speech was not from a man who was even contemplating resignation. He was quite simply still full of himself as he made himself out to be the only "messiah" for the people even as they want democracy. He essentially felt it could only be delivered with him in power. And this was just last night. I know he delegated SOME POWER to his deputy, he still retained, for himself, the major control. That again, did not seem the likely actions of a man willing to consider resignation. I did not read the Washington post today but I remain suspicious of what really happened. I believe it is likely the army generals had to force him out in the end.

I wouldn't know if he was forced out or not, but I do know, when 10,000 became 100,000, he would have recieved 100's of calls last night from different head's of states and also there is a possibilty that because of protesters and their unrest, leaders gathered to salvage the situation. You can control 10k of people but when it reaches 200k, 300k or even 500k, that's a lot of angry people to control and many leaders wouldn't want this to topple their governments. Goa nd mark it, Saudi Arabia had a role to play because they gave him terms.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Obiagu1(m): 9:30pm On Feb 11, 2011
Eziachi:

Egyptian revolution was possible because the people are just Egyptians an nothing else.  While with Nigeria, they are not just Nigerians but Arewa, Odua, Biafra etc. So when an issue arises, ethnic meaning is immediately read into it and once that is done, call it civil disobedient or revolution is dead at birth.

1966 was immediatly called an Igbo coup and that ends the start of a purge that would have cleaned up the first republic.

June 12 was immediately painted and branded a Yoruba affair even before it start, thereby killing the first chance ever of Nigeria getting an election and foundation of democracy right.
So what happened in Egypt is totally impossible with Nigeria. If it were in Nigeria, Mubarak's tribe would have rather eat their children than to allow their tribes man leave the seat of power.

You're very correct. This can not happen in Nigeria or other sub saharan African countries because we are an amalgam of nations, so no nation within the country would want to lose the seat because one of their own is a dictator, bad, corrupt, inept,  etc.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by semid4lyfe(m): 9:32pm On Feb 11, 2011
And I thought Mubarak was a strong man. . . .Ole oshi!

Congrats to the people of Egypt
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2011
manny4life:

I wouldn't know if he was forced out or not, but I do know, when 10,000 became 100,000, he would have recieved 100's of calls last night from different head's of states and also there is a possibilty that because of protesters and their unrest, leaders gathered to salvage the situation. You can control 10k of people but when it reaches 200k, 300k or even 500k, that's a lot of angry people to control and many leaders wouldn't want this to topple their governments. Goa nd mark it, Saudi Arabia had a role to play because they gave him terms.

He was not moved by over 2 weeks of hundreds of protests, riots, and yes, hundreds of thousands across the country protesting that he go, before today? I suspect the army finally told him to leave or something. That he did not, himself announce his resignation leads me, even more to believe, something must have taken place to move him. We are speaking of a man, whose speech shocked the white house  . . .  lol
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by member479760: 9:41pm On Feb 11, 2011
The next place is China. chineses deserve freedom, oneday oneday the communist regime must fall. A regime that enslaves its on people.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by DeeJay20: 9:43pm On Feb 11, 2011
nakedall:

The next place is China. chineses deserve freedom, oneday oneday the communist regime must fall. A regime that enslaves its on people.

ROLMAO!, Gosh just reading through the posts of people makes me wonder,
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by DeeJay20: 9:47pm On Feb 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

He was not moved by over 2 weeks of hundreds of protests, riots, and yes, hundreds of thousands across the country protesting that he go, before today? I suspect the army finally told him to leave or something. That he did not, himself announce his resignation leads me, even more to believe, something must have taken place to move him. We are speaking of a man, whose speech shocked the white house  . . .  lol

U seriously need a Crash-Course in Geo-Politics 101 Girl-Friend,

How can a Country that gives a Man 3 billion dollars a year in Military Assistance and Aid not know
that he was going to step down, *Shaking my Head in dis-belief" 

When you finish drinking your coffee please watch this

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBuMuzhvYeA[/flash]
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by DeeJay20: 9:51pm On Feb 11, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Kobojunkie: 9:52pm On Feb 11, 2011
^^^Believe me when I tell you that much of what you say [b]NEVER [/b]make sense to me.

We are [b]NEVER [/b]on the same wavelength so go offer your gobble-de-gook to someone else!  Stop bothering me with your nonsense . . . or pretending it has anything to do with much of what I type or express undecided undecided
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by naijasing(f): 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2011
this serves as a lesson to other Africa leader
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by DeeJay20: 9:55pm On Feb 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Believe me when I tell you that much of what you say EVER make sense to me. We are NEVER on the same wavelength so go offer your gobble-de-gook to someone else! undecided undecided

Yeah cant even understand it myself, "scratching head",
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Feb 11, 2011
naijasing:

this serves as a lesson to other Africa leader

in what way?
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by viclee009: 9:59pm On Feb 11, 2011
Soldier GO Soldier Come. Egyptian and the West are in for a big surprise in time to come.
What a prophecy fuitfill.
soon islamic extremists will take over these countries paving the way for their Mahdi ( their promised messiah ).
Remember people that every revolution carries within itself the seen of either extremism and distruction.
Christians and the West need to read the signs of time. Islam have no moderates, i the end its going to be
our belief against their belief as evident in northern Nigeria.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Mubarak Has Decided To Step Down As President Of Egypt by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 11, 2011
maga1 said:

Oyinbo na oyinbo (chi.nese, arabs, americans, europeans or whatever u call it). If it were my fellow black. He would have simply gave the army the order to SHOOT AT SIGHT after the imposition of curfew.

You're a complete idiott and epitome of stuppidity. Dumb, self-hating slave. ''If it were a black''. Did you not read about over 500 Egyptians killed by their security forces in the last week? What about the thousands reported arrested and tortured? Do you know how many Egyptians have been tortured and killed in the last 3 years alone, never mind the last 30 years? What about the 12,000 political prisoners? What about the lack of freedom of speech and association for the last 30 years?

Was any of this commited by blacks or was it your oyibo/Arab masters responsible?

Was this done by blacks or was it done by ''oyibo''?

Hopeless, dumb slave.

Just imagine after 18 days of pressure, even though he has been in power for 30something years he finally stepped down. On the contrary our black brodas will neva relinquish power no matter the pressure.

You have no working brain in your tiny dumb head. You're actually PRAISING Mubarak for 'stepping down' (ie getting forced out by the army) after 30 years' dictatorship and using that to insult blacks?

That goes to show a slave will always find ANYWAY to turn around even the atrocities of his white masters and use same to belittle his own self, whether or not he makes any sense.

Dumb cotton-picking SLAVE with no brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Three Policemen Feared Killed In Lagos / Top 5 Largest States In Nigeria By Land Mass / Gov. Fintiri Appoints Maxwell Gidado Chief Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.