Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,914 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi (22020 Views)

Ganduje’s N300bn Chinese Loan Slavery, Kano Elders Tell Buhari / FG To Apply For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi / China Loan: Amaechi Says "No Need To Panic, Nigeria Is Already Paying Back" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 05, 2020
It is finished in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by bigwig071(m): 8:04am On Aug 05, 2020
I think we need more than that from china
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by faoogoke(m): 8:05am On Aug 05, 2020
Nigerians seem not to understand what role debt such as these Chinese loans play in the life of a nation.

This is not the kind of loan someone pockets.

Railway is a critical infrastructure we need asap.

America that many of you so admire is enmeshed in serious debt. Infact there's no way the United States government would pay its debt and yet

its still pilling up more debt. And its not just the U.S. alone. Many nations of the developed world are in serious debt.

But for Saraki this project (Lagos to Kano would have been completed), and Port Harcourt to Maiduguri would have commenced.

Now these useless law makers are scuttling the project again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by SmartPolician: 8:05am On Aug 05, 2020
Does it mean that Nigeria cannot fix her infrastructure without borrowing?

How about money from crude oil sales, FIRS taxes, Custom duties, VAT, etc?

Those who imposed APC on us have wrecked this country.
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by bigpicture001: 8:06am On Aug 05, 2020
kikero:

Noi was borrowing to pay salaries because at the time the oil price was way below the level we needed it just to make ends meet.

The Buhari government, in fairness to them, has never met oil at a high enough price that would prevent them from borrowing.

The problem is Nigeria's oil dependency.

So why are they creating money embezelling schemes like Npower, family support program, Boko Haram support program, school feeding programs, ND mny fictitious schemes when they had no money..?

If they haven't, by now the aggressive taxing system of this govt. Would hv made up for shortfall in the oil sector

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by Skepticus: 8:06am On Aug 05, 2020
helinues:

I have been saying it... 2023 should be focused on our representives not president or state governors.

Senators, House of Rep members and state assembly are those who can make quick effect of changes only if credible are elected.

Even if the governor or president is a dumbo, active assembly should put things in order..

Make una dey deceive una sef.

Country and Democracy wey don cast tey tey.

The Nigerian system was designed to fail in all ways.
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by DannieTouch: 8:07am On Aug 05, 2020
I weep for this country,
Please don't borrow again !
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 05, 2020
helinues:

I have been saying it... 2023 should be focused on our representives not president or state governors.

Senators, House of Rep members and state assembly are those who can make quick effect of changes only if credible are elected.

Even if the governor or president is a dumbo, active assembly should put things in order..
The president has the power to declare a totalitarian government or to even suspend the house of reps, I hope you know this.
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 05, 2020
bigpicture001:

So why are they creating money embezelling schemes like Npower, family support program, Boko Haram support program, school feeding programs, ND mny fictitious schemes when they had no money..?

If they haven't, by now the aggressive taxing system of this govt. Would hv made up for shortfall in the oil sector

Because of Nigerians...

The truth is, Nigerians prefer government goodies to actual economic development.

Like people, like government

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by bigwig071(m): 8:08am On Aug 05, 2020
*"Corruption in the west (And China) is a big abomination, but in Africa, it's so huge that it is slowly becoming an acceptable way of life!!!.*(Shame, isn't it?)
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by erayo2GCA(m): 8:09am On Aug 05, 2020
Drabeey:
Borrowing for capital project is better than borrowing for looting.

You guys have my consent to sell the country, Nigeria can be rẹ-colonized by China, no big deal as we no wan get sense undecided

Dra was Here

What is the Infrastructural importance of backbone phase 1, now they have borrowed for backbone phase 2..Scam project from Lai Mohammed’s ministry
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by helinues: 8:09am On Aug 05, 2020
SegFault:

The president has the power to declare a totalitarian government or to even suspend the house of reps, I hope you know this.

Active assembly would have impeached the President before declaring totalitarian government...
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by robosky02(m): 8:10am On Aug 05, 2020
Nigeria for sale

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by uuzba(m): 8:10am On Aug 05, 2020
EJanni:
Today is my birthday guys. Please say a prayer for me thanks.
Happy Birthday "Ejanni" user on Nairaland.
May your days be long. May you live well and prosperous in the sight of God.
May heaven be you reward at he end of your life here on earth.

Enjoy your day.
Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by InvertedHammer: 8:10am On Aug 05, 2020
/
What's the big deal?
Keep the morons entertained with BBN while their lives are mortgaged away. By the time the show is over, they will understand that their lives and that of their unborn children will remain servitude to the unyielding and unforgiving Chinese. Nigeria is rich in minerals but nobody wants to get their hands dirty. The locals that venture into mining are met with stiff resistance who bow down in the presence of anything without black skin colour.
Nigeria has the most aloof youths in the whole world. I promised myself never to blink anymore when they wail. They deserve it.
/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by Talkingoil(m): 8:10am On Aug 05, 2020
fastseo:

I thought you are solidly behind buhari and one of the praise singers?or am I mistaken?

This current legislature are nothing but joke.
I love Saraki, he stood his ground and made them understand that they could not just be borrowing any how

And they hated him for it
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by IboWolf: 8:10am On Aug 05, 2020
Drabeey:
Borrowing for capital project is better than borrowing for looting.

You guys have my consent to sell the country, Nigeria can be rẹ-colonized by China, no big deal as we no wan get sense undecided

Dra was Here

Not quite a good idea bro. Zambia is in shit due to their sellout to the Chinese, Tanzania saw the handwriting on the wall and bailed out Chinese offers. I agree that it is nice to see money go into projects but the end does not justify the means. The nation is screwed either ways. The Chinese do not play nice, this is a global invasion/domination - Europe, certain middle eastern countries and Africa, they tried America but America has a mad man on seat who does not play nice as well.

Africa is their biggest target and Nigeria is entrapping itself.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 05, 2020
I ask once again, why? I was born African but that was not enough I was now born Nigerian and still not enough I was born into a stupid and poor family. Chai this life, the wire no just connect I swear.
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by frubben(m): 8:11am On Aug 05, 2020
Evergreen4:
In case we wake up one day and APC government says that we've been sold to China, please call me Chung Li, what will I call you ?
wang fe huh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by bigwig071(m): 8:11am On Aug 05, 2020
If nigeria stop borrowing money yoruba and hausa Fulani will fall.
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by Angelfrost(m): 8:11am On Aug 05, 2020
Doilooklikeicare:
These ppl will wreck this country

Will??! Really??! Take a good look around you! What exactly is left standing??!

Jobs: Zero
Infrastructure: Laughable
Tourism: Nonexistent
Security: Biggest joke in our history
Economy: Does that even still exist??!
Debt Profile: Beyond Ridiculous!

These people have wrecked your country! The Nigeria of today is a pathetic ghost of what the military handed over to OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by Benbellamor: 8:12am On Aug 05, 2020
Borrow jare
They are booking for 2021 prado and range rover in it already

Where I will curse some people is when China Will strike to take over the assets like they did in Zambia, taking over their airports and electricity plus media telecoms and put installed china police, Army and banks
You have to learn Chinese to operate in Zambia airport now because signboards are mainly written in Chinese

If you join any protest against China then you you're cursed

Me I want China to take over once and for all
Nonsense
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by SmartPolician: 8:12am On Aug 05, 2020
faoogoke:

Nigerians seem not to understand what role debt such as these Chinese loans play in the life of a nation.

This is not the kind of loan someone pockets.

Railway is a critical infrastructure we need asap.

America that many of you so admire is enmeshed in serious debt. Infact there's no way the United States government would pay its debt and yet

its still pilling up more debt. And its not just the U.S. alone. Many nations of the developed world are in serious debt.

But for Saraki this project (Lagos to Kano would have been completed), and Port Harcourt to Maiduguri would have commenced.

Now these useless law makers are scuttling the project again.

Really?

You are comparing yourself to almighty America?

What global role does Nigeria play?

The US gives aids to all the developing countries through USAID. They give aids worth billions of dollars to assist countries around the world, including the advanced countries when they have difficulties.

The US is the biggest financier of World Bank, WHO, United Nations, etc.

The US has the biggest economy in the world

Some idiots are wrecking the future of your unborn kids, and you are busy defending them.

What do they do with the money they realize from crude oil sales, VAT, customs duties, FIRS taxes, etc.?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by bigpicture001: 8:12am On Aug 05, 2020
kikero:

Because of Nigerians...

The truth is, Nigerians prefer government goodies to actual economic development.

Don't say it cuz of Nigerians it's cuz of the bad and deceitful govt. In power.... OBJ took all the insults of Nigerians, ignored it but focused on Only wot will mk the country great......

If these schemes are hurting the economy ND your still doing more of it just for popularity, den you are a selfish ND a very bad leader.........

If you study sociology and psychology . You would understand human behaviour, ND know how to handle the people
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 05, 2020
helinues:

Active assembly would have impeached the President before declaring totalitarian government...
Impeach the GCFR gringringringrin reread Hitler's story again.
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by tuzle(m): 8:13am On Aug 05, 2020
Evergreen4:
In case we wake up one day and APC government says that we've been sold to China, please call me Chung Li, what will I call you ?
is it not better, at least china will run our country properly
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by stangely: 8:13am On Aug 05, 2020
That is why de Covid Chinese rubbish Nigerians anyhow here and in deir country.
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by kayusely70(m): 8:14am On Aug 05, 2020
EJanni:
Today is my birthday guys. Please say a prayer for me thanks.
Happy Birthday To U. God Shall Keep U, Bless U And Make U Great In Life.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 05, 2020
Benbellamor:
Borrow jare
They are booking for 2021 prado and range rover in it already

Where I will curse some people is when China Will strike to take over the assets

If you join any protest against China then you you're cursed

Me I want China to take once and for all
Nonsense
Laugh wan kill me.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by jericco1(m): 8:14am On Aug 05, 2020
The same government that accused the previous government of leaving empty treasury. Now they want to leave the country on negative balance. Well let's see how it pans out
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by uuzba(m): 8:15am On Aug 05, 2020
kikero:

Because of Nigerians...

Na Im. The Government is made up of individuals from the people.
APC = PDP = the same thing.
We either need recolonization or to begin training another set of individuals outside Nigeria who will lead us out of this mess.
We can use all the graduates who studied overseas
Or go and carry all those Black Americans from USA to come and lead us and teach us what they learn in the America.
Their own don do for USA. Instead of them complaining "Black Lives Matter" to white men in US, they should come here and come and
be important.
But all those Snoop-Dog and 50 Cent should not come here and teach our kids bad things.
Re: Nigeria Applying For Another $3b Chinese Loan – Amaechi by Dalby(m): 8:15am On Aug 05, 2020
sylve11:

Something to be worried about.... sad cool

The waiver only applies to assets related to the loan!

He who pays the piper dictates the tune!!! The moral of the story is have your own money and do with it as you please!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Check Out Your Street Postcode (nigeria) / Melaye Tears PDP Constitution At APC Rally / Keyamo Battles Galadima On Dementia Allegation Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.