Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east (4287 Views)

Jonathan Pledges 2 Million Jobs Annually If Re-Elected / Jonathan Pledges To Improve Nigeria’s Security Capabilities / Jonathan Pledges To Establish Airports In 36 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by HARDDICK(m): 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2011
Is South East different from Nigeria? So they have already divided the country? improving economy on different countries inside nigeria,this is a good one
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by ideylaff: 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2011
Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east

I BET HE ANNOUNCED that even without consulting the Ministry of Finance, Central Bank, Accountant General of The Federation, Budget Office or any of the Red Tape Parastatals we call Polity/Government

Our leaders are a sorry case, 500BN Naira ko, 500 Billion Rupees ni

what a bunch of jokers, parading themselves in ankara with their face all over it,

Animals in Human Skin like Baba70 already said it, shiooooo

I pray very soon one of those Shambolic constructed /Stage/Rostrums/Platform/Soapbox they climb on during their campaign of lies collapses on all of them Money Chopping Fat f or k  ers,

1 by 1 na GOD go judge una
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by ddcmachine: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2011
Was that gej's only promise to the SE? We have an ipp Bye gone are those days that minerals in one zone was transported to another zone to make it a finished product, u can see each zone were promised based on their resources but it doesn't limit to them only
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by eewule(m): 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2011
Jonathan is "loosing-title" majorly - with all these fake promises everywhere.
he should just thank God that all the opposition for april election are non-serious
about dethroning PDP, because he's showing his got nothing to offer.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Feb 14, 2011
movers82:

@kobo,your line of reasoning or will i say arguments leaves alot to be desired. Just answer a straight question puy to u and stop rigmaroling

What is your question?? Please base it on what has actually been said . . . resist the urge to inject your own delusions into it thinking they are mine.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by alphabet43(m): 7:03pm On Feb 14, 2011
What Nollywood needs is for the FG to tackle piracy and not just bribe to top guys
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by owobokiri(m): 8:20pm On Feb 14, 2011
If I may ask, why has it become so difficult for any government at the federal level to finish any project actively and achieve stated goals? Even if they are all sadistic devils, the level of failure is overwhelming. I am talking of projects already budgeted and contracts awarded. Take a look at the power sector, there must be a reason why we have continued to have power supply hovering between 1500 megawatts to 3000 megawatts for the past 15 years or so, in spite of billions of dollars spent. From power to roads to education, it is the same thing. The presidents will promise and promise and promise but at the end, even if their lives and tenure depend on it,(if Obasanjo performed well, people wouldn't be up in arms that much against his third term i guess) the result will be no where to be found. I have always believed that Nigeria will crash one day under the weight of her corrupt ways. But I am starting to think that the whole civil service is massively inefficient to boot and this can fasten the pace of the inevitable implosion.

These presidents maybe inefficient but some of these policies could be effective in improving the lives of the people if a 50% succes rate was achieved at least. Take for example the 500 billion naira loan for businesses or Obasanjos NAPEP. These projects will collapse/collapsed because of the poor/corrupt/inefficient ways of the Nigerian civil service and not because of the presidents unwillingness to formulate good policies or provide funding for same. While moaning about the mess that is Nigeria, the civil service is often overlooked but it has become the big parasite sucking Nigeria pale. Corruption in the service was a big problem right from Okotie Eboh days in the 60s when 10% was the norm. If they still steal 10% and use the remaining 90 to work, the country will be far ahead than where it is today. Today it is 99%. The practice of embezzling every kobo allocated for even multi billion dollar project became a past time for high level public officers after the movement to Abuja in the early 90s when Babangida and co "quota systemed" the civil service to coma. A lot of people who should be herding cattles became permanent secretaries overnight and it has been a big bazzar ever since.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by jude33084(m): 9:56pm On Feb 14, 2011
Igbos don sufer cheesy
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Wadeoye(m): 8:58am On Feb 15, 2011
This man is despirate for S/E votes - this is indirect bribery and corruption.

The same went ahead and created 9 universities and released billions of naira for their take-off even when the existing universities are ill equiped.

This is to say the least poor leadership and shortsightedness on the part of GEJ - and his advisers.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by asorocker: 10:46am On Feb 15, 2011
The 500 billion naira is not a big deal to the south east incase some people here think the south is being bought over for such chicken change.

If the over 5 million igbos in the diaspora are to invest a minimum of $1000 that will yield about $5 billion and almost 1 trillion. Or 760 billion in a year that's enough to build a coal/gas power station, a silicon wafer plant , automobile manufacturing centre , refinery, airport e.t.c

The potentials of the south east is only 1% tapped.

I believe the south east deserves to re articulate their plans and go back to the drawing board to bale out their zone from this planlessness of nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Feb 15, 2011
asorocker:

The 500 billion naira is not a big deal to the south east incase some people here think the south is being bought over for such chicken change.

If the over 5 million igbos in the diaspora are to invest a minimum of $1000 that will yield about $5 billion and almost 1 trillion. Or 760 billion in a year that's enough to build a coal/gas power station, a silicon wafer plant , automobile manufacturing centre , refinery, airport e.t.c

The potentials of the south east is only 1% tapped.

I believe the south east deserves to re articulate their plans and go back to the drawing board to bale out their zone from this planlessness of nigeria.

Forgive me but the above is just childish rant. Apparently Ibos in Diaspora have yet to invest the claimed in developing the SE so please let's stick to this and not start building up WHAT-IF castles that matter little to this.

An investment amounting to about $3.5 billion in the SE is SIGNIFICANT by all measures. However, this will not be the first time an amount of that magnitude has been injected into that zone( among others). Maybe not directly but over the years, that has been increased investment in most every zone, yet most of those remain largely underdeveloped and overly corrupt. Why is the government, yet again, investing without so much as tackling the underlying issues we have come to discover and know well of over all the decades? Or is the government doing that already? How?
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by excanny: 4:57pm On Feb 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Forgive me but the above is just childish rant. Apparently Ibos in Diaspora have yet to invest the claimed in developing the SE so please let's stick to this and not start building up WHAT-IF castles that matter little to this.

An investment amounting to about $3.5 billion in the SE is SIGNIFICANT by all measures. [b]However, this will not be the first time an amount of that magnitude has been injected into that zone( among others). Maybe not directly but over the years, that has been increased investment in most every zone, yet most of those remain largely underdeveloped and overly corrupt. [/b]Why is the government, yet again, investing without so much as tackling the underlying issues we have come to discover and know well of over all the decades? Or is the government doing that already? How?

You care to provide any proof(s) for the bolded? When and who?
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by asorocker: 5:24pm On Feb 15, 2011
@ poster , I am really clueless as to when and whose regime the $ 3.5 billion dollars was invested in the south east . It defnitely can't be after the civil war.
Prior to the civil war nigeria ran a real federation with federating units remitting to the centre.

The SE is the only zone (oil producing ) without a refinery even with the latest award of contract for new refineries for kogi and bayelsa non for the SE.
The SE is also the only zone without a steel rolling plant ,( I can name the others for you ).
The SE gets the least allocation from the FG . (Least states , local government , senate and fed house seats e.t.c

Yet the SE produces the highest number of graduates , the highest number of privately owned indigenous SMEs.

Is it too much if the federal Governement in the light of these facts invest $ 3.5 B to boost business activities in the zone.

Why the bed belle
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by asorocker: 5:33pm On Feb 15, 2011
As per the diasporans investing in the SE, prof Barth Nnaji has brought in more than $3.5 B investments in the SE. Several other investors too numerous to mention are doing that. ,Dr Ndubuisi Ekekwe, Dr ken Nwabueze, Barthlomew Obi, innocent chukwuma, e.t.c
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Diligence: 9:45am On Feb 16, 2011
I would believe that Joe means well for SE; the orchestrated underdevelopment of the entire SE is the reason Nigeria is still under-developed!

So, the earlier Nigeria appreciates the invaluable contribution of that region to its economy, the better for all!

We give Nigeria one more chance; it it blows this chance away, then comes our dream - Biafra!
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by rhymz(m): 10:53am On Feb 16, 2011
Obviously, a lot of the people here screaming bribery and all that nonsense did not even bother to read the article, am sure they saw GEJ and and ran off to post. That rabble-rouser Labrador, Kobojunkie is always barking up the wrong tree, the said N500billion was not exclusively for SE region, that money was set aside for every Nigerian business person who meets certain criteria to take advantage of, instead of going through the heavy bureaucratic bottlenecks of getting it from our banks with the attendant high interests on them. If by default(due to their enterprising nature) most of the beneficiaries of the funds happens to be Igbo people how does that make it a south east Fund? Kobojunkie is such a noise maker that increasingly is losing every sense of logic in her very idealistic arguements. What exactly is she trying to imply with all that noise about corruption? Is she trying to say the SE politicians are the most corrupt? Or that corruption by leaders is perculiar to the SE region? Is this girl high on some otapiapia capsules, sometimes I wonder if this girl is from mother earth cos she argues with so much detatchment from realities. There is no type of corruption anyone will accuse the SE politicians of that is not reflective of the entire Nigerian politicians so what is the crazy talking kobo trying to argue- that if there happens to be any intervention funds or plan for the SE, we should wait until we subdue all the corrupt politicians in the region? Lol. . . This girl is getting senile by the day.
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2011
excanny:

You care to provide any proof(s) for the bolded? When and who?

Nope . . .You First! DISPROVE MY STATEMENT? Find Proof for us that my statement there is wrong! I am waiting!
Re: Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east by Shanshani: 9:04pm On Feb 17, 2011
See as these mugus attacking each other over a mere promise by GEJ to south east, ebi like say you people no get work. This one resemble foolish person with his dream, so make una keep dreaming.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Contradictions In The Al-mustapha Case / Photos From GEJ's Meeting Wit Market Women And Their Leaders Yesterday In Lagos / BREAKING News:pdp Guber Candidate,others Just Decamped To APC In Ondo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.