Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,768 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me (2088 Views)

How Jumia Exposed My Girlfriend / Men Need To Realise That Having Money Doesn't Make Them A Catch. / I Hope This Doesn't Count As Cheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by Premiumwriter: 7:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
This is my first time of trying to buy something from jumia.

I picked two items roughly N2,500 for both items and jumia is asking me to pay N9000+ for shipping.

I'm confused.. Because when I buy things from nairaland sellers here, I've never paid more than N3000 for shipping to the same location.

And that is mostly for 2 days delivery. And jumia is asking for this amount for almost a week delivery.

Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by Ladylite: 7:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
Premiumwriter:

I picked two items roughly N2,500 for both items and jumia is asking me to pay N9000+ for shipping.

I'm confused..

Your location matters. Are you in the north or some rare region? Why not find the same products on jiji.... Then u can pay for waybill to get it
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by Premiumwriter: 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ladylite:

Your location matters. Are you in the north or some rare region? Why not find the same products on jiji.... Then u can pay for waybill to get it
I don't think it'll be available on jiji.

I'm in Benue State.
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by lilachiever(m): 7:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
Premiumwriter:

I'm confused.. Because when I buy things from nairaland sellers here, I've never paid more than N3000 for shipping to the same location.

And that is mostly for 2 days delivery. And jumia is asking for this amount for almost a week delivery.

The item you're buying is definitely to be shipped from overseas
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by oloriooko(m): 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
Cuz of this global shutdown Jumia's shipping fee skyrocketed which is not a fault of theirs.
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by hisgrace090: 7:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
Why not forget that 2500 naira and move on?
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by spiralwedge(m): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
Oil dey their head lately and they easily blame it on covid19

Use google. Type the product then add Price Benue.

Konga should have it. But searching through google is the best.

if Benue does work, replace with Abuja.
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by prof2007: 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
Had a similar experience and was stunned, till I found out why: The items I ordered were to be shipped from abroad.

Try using the "FILTERS" to select "Shipped from" then select "Nigeria". Cheers!

Premiumwriter:

1 Like

Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
not necessarily jumias fault, the seller is oversea. Since the global lockdown shipping fees generally sky rocketed.
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by LosC: 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
lilachiever:

The item you're buying is definitely to be shipped from overseas

No, it's not. It's always indicated "shipped from abroad"
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by LosC: 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
veeshock:
not necessarily jumias fault, the seller is oversea. Since the global lockdown shipping fees generally sky rocketed.
It's not. It's jumia express and shouldn't even cost up to that and the delivery duration is always longer than what you're seeing there.
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by LosC: 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
prof2007:
Had a similar experience and was stunned, till I found out why: The items I ordered were to be shipped from abroad.

Try using the "FILTERS" to select "Shipped from" then select "Nigeria". Cheers!

Anything abroad will be clearly stated. That is jumia express
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by LosC: 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
oloriooko:
Cuz of this global shutdown Jumia's shipping fee skyrocketed which is not a fault of theirs.

Any item you're shipping abroad will have a longer delivery duration and it's always stated and has a [/color]coloured lettering.
*Anytime you see "jumia express" , it's believed to be a faster process depending on your location.
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by Gosj01(m): 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
Try another site.

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.

Details on my signature
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by IARASORGANIC: 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
Premiumwriter:
I don't think it'll be available on jiji.

I'm in Benue State.
Where in Benue?

I can help you do a waybill through DB straight to Gboko or Makurdi.
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by paulolee(m): 11:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
its ur location..
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by Onyenna(m): 11:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
Delivery fee of N9,000!? Owoicho!!

1 Like

Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 06, 2020
Same thing I noticed some Sundays ago
When I want to help a bro buy phone from them the phone is cheap but the amount of the shipping and delivery fee is over 10k I don't know why they're doing it that way sad
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by lilachiever(m): 11:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
LosC:

No, it's not. It's always indicated "shipped from abroad"
Then the shipping fee is too much... call their cc
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by IchbinAB: 12:02am On Aug 07, 2020
What?
Shipping cost more than the main cost for the goods?
9ja I hail ooo
Re: Is This How Jumia Is? This Doesn't Make Sense To Me by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2020
LosC:

It's not. It's jumia express and shouldn't even cost up to that and the delivery duration is always longer than what you're seeing there.
It doesnt really matter, the price of most goods shipped from abroad has gone up cos of the lockdown, you could check for same product on alibaba or ebay(if the seller can ship to nigeria), maybe you would find it cheaper, you can as well buy through a trusted 3rd party.

(1) (Reply)

DJ Cuppy: I Wish I Have Someone To Cuddle With At 2:29am - See What A Man Said / Ex-boyfriend Shares Pr!v@te Video Of A Nurse F!nger!ng Herself Inside Hospital / I Am Ekaette, Here’s My Confession…(18+)…part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.