Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,457 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights (5830 Views)

Soludo: This Nonsense Must Stop, Citizens Must Take Power - Aisha Yesufu / Ahmed Mohammed Withdraws From Sowore's Fundamental Rights Enforcement Suit / Osinbajo Must Defend Allegations Against Jonathan, Saraki - Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by freeborn02: 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
V
Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by freeborn02: 12:59pm On Aug 10, 2020
Charleys:
Fundamental human rights is whatever the government say it is.

Punch is stylishly calling for a Revolution.

EFCC and DSS need to pay them a visit.

I hope you can gleefully preach that to your children. They won't think twice before placing a curse on your memory
Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by freeborn02: 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Have there been any time in the history of Nigeria including precolonial, colonial and post colonial time, when the citizens ever enjoyed anything close to fundamental rights?

Fundamental rights only exist in the Nigerian constitution because other countries have it in theirs.

They did under Jonathan to an extent

2 Likes

Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by freeborn02: 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
Charleys:

I'll always be above you.

Your comment actually shows that you are below him in the use of the brain, which is the only thing that matters

1 Like

Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by Jostoman: 1:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
Charleys:

Almighty God will rule your life the way buhari is ruling the life of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by plessis: 1:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
But...but...in 2015, the yorubas said buhari is a repented man.

1 Like

Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by anonimi: 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2020
Charleys:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9510615_1558556145picsay_jpeg5ea43fec7256fea17598f27af3d05509

1 Like

Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by anonimi: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
plessis:
But...but...in 2015, the yorubas said buhari is a repented man.

How is Tinubu and whoever else packaged rotten incompetence of barawo Bubu equal to the Yorubas?
Did you see the result of the 2015 elections for the south west? What percentage total did Barawo Bubu get

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10911542_images93_jpeg_jpega7087b8f78c48e5906d9607ea0752e8d

1 Like

Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by anonimi: 1:22pm On Aug 10, 2020
madridsta007:
Punch that helped bring this regime into power.
Unless Punch start calling out the Tinubus, the Bakares, the Osinbajos, the Sowores etc, that brought this regime into power and transperantly investigate why they helped bring a despot into power, everything they write, beautiful as it is, is beautiful fiction. Major General Buhari didnt fall from the sky.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4222476_screenshot20160911081825_pnga079f323856f9c10f5d1f4a856757173

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4264005_hadiza_jpegfae1d2eb192a7fb01a462348e07c3adc

1 Like

Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by babajero(m): 1:32pm On Aug 10, 2020
Charleys:

Are you sure you're conscious of what you wrote, (Fundamental human rights is whatever the government say it is.). Or you are just exhibiting ignorance?.
Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by TooGod942: 1:32pm On Aug 10, 2020
Majority of Nigerian citizens don't know their fundamental human rights and as such can't defend their rights.

Alot if Nigerians are ignorant of their rights because all they care is to pass that exam, grab that certificate and jump to the next institution and grab more certificate but the knowledge they don't care
Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by bewla(m): 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2020
Charleys:

In FELA voice dash them human right
Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by babajero(m): 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
QuitNotice:
Reading just the first sentence, I already know what this is about-an attack on someone you are full of hate for. Why not just report the brutality, and see the response of the government before making any claims? The mod that moved this to fp deserves a ban
In my opinion I think commenting here should have an age limit at least from 16 or 17 years old, because some comments here shows that children are much on this forum.
Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by babajero(m): 1:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
lincsnuel:
The problem is ethnicity/tribalism has eaten deep into the hearts and minds of Nigerians.

Most of our politicians understand this, reason why they employ divide and rule system of governance.

The RevolutionNow protest was termed a South West protest by some people because it was pioneered by a Yoruba.

The day we understand that the problems of bad governance, banditry, terrorism etc. in this country is a general problem and unite to fight them, is the day Nigeria will start working.
Just like the way Ipob's opinion was taken out of context by some people and its media to make them tagged terrorist group. Just imagine Ipob was agitating in the South and East and revolutionNow in the west, southern kaduna in the north and Fulani herdsmen victims in the middle belt, how many people do you think the despotic government and its security forces will kill before being remanded for war crimes. The government knows that most of the people are more after their stomach and selfish interest than they care about the country, so it will always be easy to pit one section against the other.
Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by babajero(m): 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
Ekpeitut:
The revolution will not be televised. You won't see it coming.

“A person’s right to air grievances without fear of retribution or censorship is fundamental to democracy.”

APC calls this hate speech.
Who in Nigeria dished out lies and hate speech than the same lai Mohammed, if Goodluck Jonathan wanted to follow their foot step many of them would still be in prison today, most especially Lai Mohammed. well no problem because they say what goes around comes around, they will one day leave the seat and their policies of today will come back to hunt them
Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by ofuonyebi: 2:35pm On Aug 10, 2020
What fundamental human right are you people talking about when ...i published the truth in this " NAIRALAND FORUM" ...that #PMBuhari robbed me of my "COPYRIGHT"..on the fact that i was the..REAL AUTHOR of.."IF YOU DON'T KILL CORRUPTION, CORRUPTION WILL KILL NIGERIA"...and none of you here saw the need to RISE AGAINST THE INJUSTICE...The full copy of my features article published in the ...TELL Magazine....dated JUNE 3, 2013. was attached....Is this truly a country where truth is trampled upon?

if it was published by a senator, governor,or minister either serving or retired, Nairaland will make it a trending topic.....

Hence, if you believe in human right...then, help fight this injustice.....#buharirobbedme of my copywright
Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by BigBizzy(m): 2:35pm On Aug 10, 2020
Do the citizens of Nigeria even know what fundamental rights are?

You're talking to people that love suffering more than anything
Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2020
[s]
Charleys:

[/s]

See this creature

Poverty has twisted your senses
Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by tosinet(m): 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
The current set of youths we have now are weaklings that can't be trusted with anything responsibility. I'm talking about the majority the youths in their late 20s to 30s.

At the height of military rule, the generation of youths before us i.e those that are now btw 45-55years, who were mostly students then, stood against any form of oppression.

I can still remember the impasse between University of Ibadan students with the military boys. What of OAU students that said a military administrator or someone like that will not enter their campus and they stood their ground.

These are the same set of people that are presently taking action against oppression today and are challenging institutions that are abusing their authority...saving our a**es by getting us Justice. When these institutions now use force to shut them down, what do we have? Youths laughing with glee at their misfortune.

SARS will stop a bus that is carrying students and start harassing one of them, and the others will leave him/her there without knowing the fate of the individual. Other commuters will be passing by averting their eyes.
Don't think it can't be worse than this, cos it actually will if nothing is done.

It's in human nature to want to put others under oppression, but it is the people that will resist such acts in it's whatever form.

NB: Ethnicity, Religious intolerance are all tools and tactics of divide and rule that have been perfected over the years to keep the masses in perpetual bondage.

The idea is if you can't see eye to eye with your fellow citizen because of their ethnicity and religious beliefs, definitely you can't agree on any meaningful issue that'll change the lives of the citizenry.

1 Like

Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by earnit3: 4:10pm On Aug 10, 2020
ok
Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by prophetfire: 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
Charleys:

This one well so?
Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2020
babajero:
In my opinion I think commenting here should have an age limit at least from 16 or 17 years old, because some comments here shows that children are much on this forum.
Dis wan wan follow bash persin, smh. All I have for you is pity
Re: Citizens Must Defend Fundamental Rights by babajero(m): 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2020
QuitNotice:
Dis wan wan follow bash persin, smh. All I have for you is pity
This is one of the reasons they should verify age.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Go to war If Southerners Want 2use this End SARS Protest 2Remove Buhari / A Closer Look At Ogbunigwe The Weapon That Wiped Off 4,000 Soldiers In 1 Strike / Female Presidents In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.