Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions (6851 Views)

Husband Wants Divorce From Wife Because Of Sexual Starvation / Higher Education And The Female Child / As Parents What Advice Will You Give Your Children In Higher Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by andyanders: 3:11pm On Feb 14, 2011
@poster

IF YOUR DAUGHTER IS TELLING YOU THE TRUTH, GET THE DETAILS OF THE LECTURER, THE SCHOOLSTEPS WILL BE TAKEN TO GET RID OF SUCH LECTURER OUT OF THE SCHOOL SYSTEM. BUT MAKE SURE THAT YOU TAKE EVERY STEPS TO SEE THAT YOUR DAUGHTER IS TELLING YOU THE TRUTH BECAUSE IF SHE IS JUST TRYING TO HIDE UNDER THAT UMBRELA TO JUST MAKE UP THE STORY, WHLE HER ACADEMIC RECORD IS POOR, THEN SHE WILL BE IN FOR IT.
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by segpat(m): 4:55pm On Feb 14, 2011
PLS BE WISE AND WITHDRAW UR DAUGHTER, TRANSFER HER TO ANOTHER SCH, DAT WOULD BE D WISEST MOVE
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by stagger: 5:15pm On Feb 14, 2011
With female nudity on perpetual display in our campuses giving male students and lecturers perpetual hard-ons day in, day out, year in, year out, who is harassing who?
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by JUO(m): 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2011
Anyway, it is news to me as well, I have not heard of a Nigerian female lecturer harassing a male student, not to talk of a female student, but then anything can happen.
guy no talking am o. well for your own info, i have experienced it
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by JUO(m): 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2011
With female nudity on perpetual display in our campuses giving male students and lecturers perpetual hard-ons day in, day out, year in, year out, who is harassing who?
i will tell u. the female
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by narttis12: 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2011
let her go to the lecturer with a hidden recorder.your lawyers will love the evidence.
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by dayokanu(m): 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2011
I might be wrong because it never happened to me, I think victimisation is overplayed by many people

I think most students who give this kind of complaints are just looking for excuses. No lecturer ever victimised me and most of the grades I got in school were what I worked for.

While in school I got every grade from A-F and each was what I deserved. Most ppl would look for people to blame for their faults.

My younger brother gave me a similar story that Lecturers favoured girls etc. I just asked him, the guy who is First class range in your class was he favoured also?

If some ppl can't pass job aptitude tests, its because of discrimination, even if they cant zip their pants its victimisation.

Ask your daughter to bring her Transcripts and see if her performance in this subject is an exception.

E.g if she gets A and B in all subjects and this one F, Then we can assume that she might be victimised,

But if her transcripts already shows D. E and F in large numbers then she should go and face her books.
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by ikposhijnr: 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2011
This girl must be a Scholar to be able to pull such an allegation, Because if she truly is, then there must be some other good lecturers amongst the numerous lecturers in her academic life who wud take note of her academic potentials and come to her defense immediately.

@Poster, First thing first. Go to the Head of Department and request for her Examinations script. U are entitled to it as a parent. This would tell u her true academic capabilities before proceeding with further actions.

And if dat is true go to the VC and make a complain directly to him. Insist on seeing him in person and show him ur evidence. But please make sure she is a scholar oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by Odunnu: 8:16pm On Feb 14, 2011
I so wish the OP would come online again and read these stuff
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by linsa01(m): 8:18pm On Feb 14, 2011
Delta007:

Before you do anything, you need to check your daughter's grades right from 100 level. Has she been doing well or just scraping by? If it's the latter, there's a high probability that your daughter is playing with your intelligence. You may want to investigate your daughter's activities in school. Hopefully you are not suprised but do not put anything past her. What some "angel-sent" daughters do on the campus, you will not believe. You may also want to investigate the said lecturer to see if this is a trend. It's easy to get information in Nigeria if you are serious about it.

If you are absolutely sure that your daughter is on the right, then set the lecturer up. Let your daughter go see him again and record the conversation on her cell phone; that way, you can take it up. This has to be planned properly.
Delta007:

Before you do anything, you need to check your daughter's grades right from 100 level. Has she been doing well or just scraping by? If it's the latter, there's a high probability that your daughter is playing with your intelligence. You may want to investigate your daughter's activities in school. Hopefully you are not suprised but do not put anything past her. What some "angel-sent" daughters do on the campus, you will not believe. You may also want to investigate the said lecturer to see if this is a trend. It's easy to get information in Nigeria if you are serious about it.

If you are absolutely sure that your daughter is on the right, then set the lecturer up. Let your daughter go see him again and record the conversation on her cell phone; that way, you can take it up. This has to be planned properly.
u've said it all.
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by linsa01(m): 8:33pm On Feb 14, 2011
@ Odunnu. U seem 2 believe such case cld be treated in ur schl cos related case of urs was solvd. I want tel u it was because of d big wings around u. If any studnt try 2 cal 4 his/her paper witout havin som ppl by her. I bet his/her degree wld suffer b4 being freed.
Back in schl, a lecturer has once told us in d class dt any student who cals for script only add 2 his problem.
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by hackney(m): 8:41pm On Feb 14, 2011
There was this extremely sexy girl in my Uni days who all my dept lecturers wanted.
(she was shaped like kim kardashian but with a lovelier face and large almond eyes)
I kept seeing her in my lecturers office and one time they were discussing courses she failed when i walked in.
I was like : bingo! !

There's no way she could have paid cash out of that one.
I sat with her one time in the canteen one evening and i thought : so would i ! !
the things she wore as well ; see hard-on everywhere.
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by Odunnu: 8:54pm On Feb 14, 2011
I've never been involved in any form of harrassment as a student. None of my friends either. But i've witnessed cases where scripts are called back for remark.
Your lecturer was only threatening you and you guys fell for it.
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by Amalaaba: 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2011
I have a problem with the poster who is not coming back to give additional information to enable NAIRALANDERS dig their brain deeper for more insightful suggestions. Some parents are horrible in Nigeria; they allow their children behave badly at home and when they attract negative side of the society, they blame the society. A friend's daughter was rusticated a year ago and the whole family started blaming it on Lecturers. When i was called into the matter because i know a few people, i asked for her performance and found out she was carrying about 7 courses in her third year. I managed to dodge away.

I have told my Children seeking admission that in spite of knowing at least 4 VC's i will not intervene in your admission. I will however be ready to kill, if you are cheated. Chikena!
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by jude33084(m): 10:07pm On Feb 14, 2011
I have cut to size if you actually want to down the lecturer cool
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by dozymars(m): 11:09pm On Feb 14, 2011
Tell your daughter to avoid wearing sexually attractive clothes.

She should buy and use a Voice Recorder during her interaction with the lecturer, this can be used as evidence to expose the lecturer.
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by toyemz(f): 3:45am On Feb 15, 2011
@poster
I wouldn't advise you to report the matter to anyone outside the university,i mean by naming and shaming the school and lecturer.Remember most lecturers stick together, so even if that first one is dealt with,another would arise and make life even more difficult for your daughter
what i would advise,is that you get a someone of substance in society to have a word with the faculty dean or head of department.That way the word will go out that the girl is untouchable and there would be any repercussion made on to your daughter.
I wish there were someother way to deal with this but unfortunately many Nigerian lecturers are unscrupulous and have no shame,and basically see situations like this as perks in their jobs.
short of you taking your daughter out and sending her abroad for school find a way of dealing with jungle monkeys in jungle style
good luck!
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 15, 2011
Knowing "fully well" you danced to his tunes. Nigerian graduates! Haha
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 15, 2011
Delta007 comments make sense.
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by MMM2(m): 10:43am On Feb 15, 2011
just send some cult boy 2 kill de bastard.
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by snazzykate: 3:07pm On Feb 15, 2011
if really u ar been given a gun can u really kill?is true wat u just made mention off,it exist bt u av to know that is evrywhere nt only ur daughter school.i believe ur daughter is nt the dull type that seek for lecturers and wen they ar tired they lok for excuses,anyway if u so much believe in her and u no she is clever y nt walk to the lecturer direct or talk to the head,at least u can put a full stop to evry madness than thinking of killing,
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by toyemz(f): 6:15pm On Feb 15, 2011
@ ferdii

Knowing "fully well" you danced to his tunes. Nigerian graduates! Haha

who are you referring to here plz?
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by Odunharry(m): 12:58am On Feb 16, 2011
naija wetin we no go hear
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by Imagineers: 11:04am On Feb 16, 2011
Is Abaniwonda one of these group? I learnt he is more powerful than the Vice Chancellor in LASU
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by turbo47: 12:26pm On Feb 16, 2011
Unserious lecturers and students=messed up system. No wonder it's hard to find many who can operate a simple DDC machine/ software, even after training!
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by marabout(m): 1:11pm On Feb 16, 2011
Dear Parent,
The lecturer needs to be shamed. Equip your child with a secret recording device to record all the indecent proposals of the lecturer and  confront him with it after making a copy of it somewhere. That's the best way to ensure it's a true story. Give it to the media if possible. But do so after he has stopped harassing your daughter and she has graduated. Such lurid activities should not go unpunished.
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by rhamzus(m): 1:53pm On Feb 16, 2011
An incident like this happened while i was in sch.
First try to locate a daring and hated female lecturer in your school.
who students lecturers and even the VC hate crossing pathways with.
Then get evidence to backup your claim. Like d event d happened in my sch, d lady took her mobile phone and recorded every conversation and a small video coverage. Which was enough for the lecturer to get d boot.
Once u get d evidence, tender it to the mean female lecturer, trust me she would help.
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by damselbk: 1:57pm On Feb 16, 2011
embarassed cool :oam very sorry about this situation but my own advise for you is that you should pray on this matter that God should intervene cos i was once in this type of mess but God did it and am now a graduate and does your daugther dress decently to school?
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by alldone(m): 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2011
it you can get some kind of evidence against this guy, you will not only help your daughter but several other girls.
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by dharmie(f): 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2011
Hmm, sexual harassment in universities is real and honestly does not happen only because a student dresses provocatively. Ways to deal with it depend largely on the name of the university and how mean the lecturer is.
If it is a private university or an institution that is 'sane'. then please follow the books, call for your scripts,invite the disciplinary committee[pls be sure to have concrete evidence. from the posts here you can deduce that efforts will be made to discredit your claims and of course blame you. stand firm and avoid garnishing your truths wink eventually you will be vindicated or at least maybe the lecturer will be on the watch list.
However,if the institution is notorious. PRAY believe me you need a special kind of wisdom to know who to trust and speak to.
Re: Sexual Harasment In Higher Institutions by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 16, 2011
This is why people in naija need to be even the slightest bit tech savvy.

Gone are the days when justice could only happen with human witnesses. Take a tape recorder with you whenever you go to any lecturer's office or any small gadget that allows you to record sound. With that irrefutable proof, you pretty much own the pervert by the balls/ovaries in [b]any [/b]court.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is The Paternal Family So Disliked? / I Am In Serious Trouble,what Should I Do / Five Signs Your Husband Is Having An Affair With Your Maid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.