Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn (2809 Views)

RSUST Students Protest 300% School Fees Increase For None Indigenes In Rivers / Non-indigenes In Rivers Petition Buhari Over Wike’s Sack Threat / Christmas: Okorocha Provides Free Buses For Imo Indigenes In Lagos & Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by jason123: 9:25pm On Feb 13, 2011
LAGOS — The Action Congress of Nigeria has received a boost as Imo State indigenes in the United Kingdom agreed to forget their party differences and jointly support it in the coming April polls.

This came at a time the party also received defectors from Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and Progressive Peoples Party, PPA, resident in the United Kingdom.

In a statement by Dr. Sam Emokpaire, Secretary, ACN, UK, the defection was aimed at mobilising for the ouster of the incumbent governor, Ikedi Ohakim.

He said the Imo indegenes in the UK believed that the current PDP government in the state lacking in internal democracy and, therefore, resolved to join the ACN in solidarity with their leaders, Chief Ifeanyi Ararume, and Achike Udenwa who had previously left PDP for ACN.

He said: “The action is aimed at liberating Imo State from Ohakim’s lying and fraud-infested administration.”

Leader of the PDP defectors to the gathering where the resolution was made, Asoluka said ‘we have come to take our rightful position in the Nigerian polity and to complete the revolution our indefatigable leaders, Chief Ifeanyi Ararume and Chief Achike Udenwa, started back home in Nigeria in order to actualise our collective dreams and save our state from total collapse.

“For the records, our mission is to take Imo State back from the criminal gangs and reposition it for the betterment of everybody and for future generations.’

Chief Chijioke Onyegbu, who also reacted on behalf of PPA, UK, said his former party was a huge disappointment.

He accused Governor Ohakim and his cronies of damaging the economy and polarising Imo State, adding that they had now decided to leave the PPA for ACN and work with Chief Ifeanyi Ararume to rescue the state from looters.

The former PDP members said they will mobilise all Imo indigenes in the UK and use every available resources at their disposal to support Ifeanyi Ararume to win the governorship election in April 2011.

They also appealed to eligible voters in Imo State to register so that they can use their votes to chase Ikedi Ohakim out of Government House democratically.

Welcoming the new members, a chieftain of the party, Dr Philip Idaewor, praised the former PDP and APGA members for their bold decision to dump their parties and join ACN.

In his speech, Dr Ibrahim Emokpaire, Secretary, ACN UK said ‘we are highly delighted to welcome our brothers and sisters to our great party, ACN. We are all partners in the party, and hopefully we shall work together to entrench real democracy in Nigeria.

Chairman of ACN UK, Dr Ayodele Owoade, assured the new members of a very warm welcome into ACN and urged them to work hard to ensure victory for the party in Imo State in the April 2011 elections”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/imo-indigenes-in-uk-adopt-acn/
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by jason123: 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy wink
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by aljharem(m): 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

again yorubas are librating the igbo just like they tried doing to yorubas in 1960's
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by jason123: 9:38pm On Feb 13, 2011
alj harem:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

again yorubas are librating the igbo just like they tried doing to yorubas in 1960's

Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Feb 13, 2011
@Poster, I don't believe that report grin. You know why? There is no indication that they got written consent from Ohaneze, and the APGA, and MASSOB. You ought to know by now that according to the Nairaland self-made Ibo representatives, No REAL IBO can support any group not endorsed by the above groups. ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by aljharem(m): 10:33pm On Feb 13, 2011
^^^^

kobo, sometimes you can be annoying

sometimes you can be fun,.,. now i love the new kobo smiley
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by spade: 11:06pm On Feb 13, 2011
It's good the PDP is losing in Imo. However, it's isn't exactly too good for the betterment of the state, for Rochas Okorocha is the actual 'white knight' needed for Imo; and he's in APGA. Ah well.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by ekubear1: 11:08pm On Feb 13, 2011
ACN=tribal party

On a serious note though, the comments on the article are interesting.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by fstranger3(m): 11:29pm On Feb 13, 2011
alj harem:

^^^^

kobo, sometimes you can be annoying

sometimes you can be fun,.,. now i love the new kobo smiley

I agree the new Kobo is better, maybe thats because she has agreed to be my new Sugar mummy wink
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by OAM4J: 11:42pm On Feb 13, 2011
Unfortunately most if not all of these UK/overseas base politicians will not be voting, and I wonder how many of them are known in their constituencies.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Feb 13, 2011
OAM4J:

Unfortunately most if not all of these UK/overseas base politicians will not be voting, and I wonder how many of them are known in their constituencies.

Has INEC confirmed that RIbadu is even in the race?
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by fstranger3(m): 11:47pm On Feb 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Has INEC confirmed that RIbadu is even in the race?

Yes, darling.

His name is on the final list published by INEC a few days ago.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by EzeUche2(m): 12:20am On Feb 14, 2011
Imo State people are so unhappy with Ohakim, that they are running into the arms of Yorubas. That speaks volumes about Ohakim as a person. However, I would of thought Abia State would be to first to run to a party like ACN.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Obiagu1(m): 12:29am On Feb 14, 2011
EzeUche_:

Imo State people are so unhappy with Ohakim, that they are running into the arms of Yorubas. That speaks volumes about Ohakim as a person. However, I would of though Abia State would be to first to run to a party like ACN.

The state will most likely go to Rochas Okorocha, APGA, unless he is not who we (non-Imo natives) think he is.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by jason123: 12:32am On Feb 14, 2011
EzeUche_:

Imo State people are so unhappy with Ohakim, that they are running into the arms of Yorubas. That speaks volumes about Ohakim as a person. However, I would of though Abia State would be to first to run to a party like ACN.

Would the ruler of Imo be Yoruba?? It is the indegenes that rule not yoruba. ACN is not a yoruba party. It is a national party. Chris Ngige is in ACN.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by ASL33: 12:38am On Feb 14, 2011
Rochas will win Imo any time any day. A real philantropic man. He has a school in Owerri for more than ten yrs now that is free. When i mean free i mean accomodation(all student leaves in the school), food, books name it its free. Moreover PDP brought him to unseat The fool call Ohakiha.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Obiagu1(m): 12:40am On Feb 14, 2011
ASL33:

Rochas will win Imo any time any day. A real philantropic man. He has a school in Owerri for more than ten yrs now that is free. When i mean free i mean accomodation(all student leaves in the school), food, books name it its free. Moreover PDP brought him to unseat The fool call Ohakiha.

So you mean he will go back to PDP after winning with APGA?
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by ASL33: 12:43am On Feb 14, 2011
^ I can't say for now but it looks likely or he might remain in APGA as they have given their support to GEJ . Remember he is too close to GJ. He will make a good Gov for sure.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by fstranger3(m): 12:44am On Feb 14, 2011
jason123:

Would the ruler of Imo be Yoruba?? It is the indegenes that rule not yoruba. ACN is not a yoruba party. It is a national party. Chris Ngige is in ACN.

The person you are replying is way younger than you, not to talk of him being very naive and out of touch. You leave people like that to wallow in their stupidity, hoping they suffocate themselves in their ignorance, that way, we have a more sane and a more contributive citizenry. Instead of the all comers affair that we presently have.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by EzeUche2(m): 12:45am On Feb 14, 2011
Obiagu1:

The state will most likely go to Rochas Okorocha, APGA, unless he is not who we (non-Imo natives) think he is.

Do you think the APGA candidate of Abia has a chance of winning? Abia seems to be in a state of political chaos at this moment.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by alex101(m): 3:43am On Feb 14, 2011
Any Igbo man or Igbo politician that associates with ACN is nothing but a first class EFULEFU! The Igbo political fortune cannot and will never be attained in a

yoruba tribal party. Igbo should look to APGA for any sort of "political repreive". Those Igbo who don't want to go to a tribal party (ACN, CPC, APGA) should

ride along with PDP! cool PDP is more likely to have an Igbo presidential candidate than ACN. Even if Jesus Christ descend from the heavens and say to

the ACN leadership- "I'm an Igbo man, field me in as your presidential candidate" ACN will reject him!
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by jason123: 3:48am On Feb 14, 2011
alex101:

Any Igbo man or Igbo politician that associates with ACN is nothing but a first class EFULEFU! The Igbo political fortune  cannot and will never be attained in a

yoruba tribal party. Igbo should look to APGA for any sort of "political repreive". Those Igbo who don't want to go to a tribal party (ACN, CPC, APGA) should

ride along with PDP! cool PDP is more likely to have an Igbo presidential candidate than ACN. Even if Jesus Christ descend from the heavens and say to

the ACN leadership- "I'm an Igbo man, field me in as your presidential candidate"  ACN will reject him!

ODE!!! Did Buhari not pick a yoruba man Is Iwela or Ngige yoruba SUCH DAFTNESS, ITS UNBELIEVABLE shocked
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by alex101(m): 4:07am On Feb 14, 2011
jason123:

ODE!!! Did Buhari not pick a yoruba man Is Iwela or Ngige yoruba SUCH DAFTNESS, ITS UNBELIEVABLE shocked

grin grin grin Chei! NL is full of frustrated nigerians. Must you throw insults? Can't you just state your case as civil as possible? I suspect that some people just

wake up in the morning and plan on how they are going to rain abuses/insults on fellow posters. angry

BTW, neither Iwela nor Ngige is ACN's presidential flag bearer/candidate lipsrsealed
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by houvest: 6:46am On Feb 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, I don't believe that report grin. You know why? There is no indication that they got written consent from Ohaneze, and the APGA, and MASSOB. You ought to know by now that according to the Nairaland self-made Ibo representatives, No REAL IBO can support any group not endorsed by the above groups. ROFLMAO!!!

And can you substantiate the bolded or have you fallen into the malady of many NLanders of making spurious claims?

@ OP

If the elections are free and fair, Rochas will dust all. It does not however stop anyone in supporting whomever he wishes even if he claims that he represents all Imo people both dead and alive, born and yet to be born. It is a free world.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Abagworo(m): 7:47am On Feb 14, 2011
What most people have failed to understand is that APGA is an Anambra party not the entire Igbo.They have zero influence in any other SE state.

As for Rochas,he is definitely going to loose because he is from Orlu.Orlu has to wait for 12 years to produce another Governor.Any Governor for 2011 must be from Okigwe zone and 2015-2023 from Owerri zone.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by asha2: 8:17am On Feb 14, 2011
Abagworo:

What most people have failed to understand is that APGA is an Anambra party not the entire Igbo.They have zero influence in any other SE state.

As for Rochas,he is definitely going to loose because he is from Orlu.Orlu has to wait for 12 years to produce another Governor.Any Governor for 2011 must be from Okigwe zone and 2015-2023 from Owerri zone.

that means those from imo state should say goodbye to good governance for another 4 years since we are stuck with araraume and ohakim.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Abagworo(m): 8:43am On Feb 14, 2011
asha 2:

that means those from imo state should say goodbye to good governance for another 4 years since we are stuck with araraume and ohakim.

I personally would have loved to see Rochas there but we Igbos say "Uka akparakpa Isi ka eji ekwe ya".So the rotation agreement deserves to be honored for the good of us all.

If elected Ararume will out-perform Ohakim though.
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 14, 2011
wow. . . .this is good development atleast they didn't support APGA that is more or less a pdp party. grin
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 14, 2011
Yoruba this, Yoruba that, oh dear! grin

And here I was planning my own Odua secession. . . .(Movie will be in the stores come 12/24/2011. Main Nemesis; MASSOB, Arewa Rep) grin

Oh dear! This is getting a bit mess!
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 14, 2011
i hope you are not dreaming ? grin
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 14, 2011
~Bluetooth:

i hope you are not dreaming ? grin

emi ke? Se o ro pe ere ni mo n se ni?
Lai pe lai jina, eyin omo Yoruba maa b'ara yin ninu Benin Republic . cheesy
Re: Imo Indigenes In Uk Adopt Acn by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 14, 2011
Elo ni becomrich fun e lati polongo fun migration to beni republic ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Second Boro / Prophecy. Atiku to win election in 2019 / Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.