Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,960 members, 7,952,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:06 AM

Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures (2829 Views)

Diezani’s 14yr-old ONLY Son Asks: Is My Mum Going To Die? As Husband Breaks Down / Policeman Commits Suicide For Missing Assessment Exam / My Only Son Is A Primary School Teacher - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by pigin: 6:32am On Jul 12, 2014
Friends and family members of
a twenty one year a student of
Maritime Academy Oron ,
Effiong Otu are at a loss why he
took his life by hanging on a
rope in his room on Thursday
morning after he was jilted by
his girl friend.
A family source who gave her
name as Ann told
CrossRiverWatch that Effiong was
found hanging in his room at
Diamond Hill a few minutes
after he collected a rope from
neighbors who became
suspicious soon after he went
inside his room with the rope
wondering what he wanted to
use it for.
According to the source, when
his mother Grace Otu , a nurse
at the University of Calabar
Teaching Hospital left the house
at about 3 pm on the day of the
incident the young man
borrowed a rope and killed
himself.
“The 10th of July was the 10th
year anniversary of his father’s
death in a car accident and after
the anniversary and everyone
had left the house and his
mother also went out, he went
to the neighbors and borrowed a
rope which he took to his room
and hung himself”
Ann said the neighbors became
suspicious what he was doing in
his room with the rope and
decided to rush there but found
the door to the room locked and
before they could force the
door open he had died” Our
source said.
She said before he hung
himself, he called one of his
friends, Adu on phone
requesting him to tell his girl
friend, Blessing who works with
UNICEM that she should now be
happy that he has killed himself
for her.
“Before his friend could rush to
the house, the door had already
been forced open by neighbors
and Effiong’s body was hanging
from the ceiling of the house”.
Our source said Effiong was an
only son of the family and was
given the late father’s name as a
source of succor for the family
but “He has again left us sad and
angry with this thoughtless
action”
Perhaps to give an inkling of his
planned action , Effiong had
posted on his face book page on
the 6th of July the following
message “It’s not about being
engaged, married or in a
relationship. It’s about being
happy, safe, secured, relieved
and feeling good. It’s about
peaceful state of mind, it’s about
sleeping at night without the
fear of losing what you’ve got.
It’s being yourself and not
someone else, it’s about feeling
LOVED, HAPPY, RESPECTED,
UNDERSTOOD, CARED FOR and
APPRECIATED.. !!Goodnight my
beautiful people!!
Efforts to speak with Hogan
Bassey, the Cross River State
Police Public Relations Officer
did not yield any success as his
phone was switched off.
Mr. Obi Bisong the UNICEM
Corporate Relations officer
where Blessing is said to be
working said he is not aware of
any staff by that name “But
sometimes some of these people
may not be directly our staff but
workers of some of our
contractors”.
Effiong’s body has been removed
and deposited at the mortuary
of the General Hospital, Calabar
crossriverwatch
Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by u3fine(m): 6:36am On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by farano(f): 6:39am On Jul 12, 2014
No source no pix

1 Like

Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by mencade5(m): 7:08am On Jul 12, 2014
farano: No source no pix
this is the last time i will ask you.
Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by krazydave(m): 7:37am On Jul 12, 2014
Hmm... See "Romeo" without "Juliet" movie....

Who does this one again in this modern day?

1 Like

Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 12, 2014
This is what happens when children instead of focusing on their books choose to "drink" from the fountains of selfishness coloured as love.
What a pity, what a shame, what a waste, what a silly empty head!
Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by Drphemmy4u: 8:39am On Jul 12, 2014
21yr old who should be focused on his Education and aspiring to become great and useful to his family and the nation in future.foolishness at its peak.what a waste of resources on the id1ot.
Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by Generalkorex(m): 9:05am On Jul 12, 2014
passing by
Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by kokoA(m): 9:15am On Jul 12, 2014
Nonsense! At 21 I was jumping from one pant to another not falling in love.. What's wrong with kids of nowadays?
Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by priscaoge(f): 10:37am On Jul 12, 2014
And U expect me to type RIP 4 him NO WAY! How can a 21yr old boy take his own life in such a useless manner? I was even thinking that I will see where d writer said that he is mentally unstable. I only see this kind of poo in moviesundecided What a Prodigal son!

BTW
"The 10th of July was the 10th
death in a car accident" and he took his life same date Something is wrong somewhereundecided

1 Like

Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by SpaceGoat: 11:06am On Jul 12, 2014
how i caught my girl doing it + picture!! cry https://www.nairaland.com/1809349/how-caught-girl-doing-it
Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by bionicdude(m): 11:17am On Jul 12, 2014
farano: No source no pix
the story is real bro, I stay in calabar so d op isn't lying. I can't feel sorry for him cos his foolishness is too much, I believe he's better off wherever he is now cos his kind on dis earth are just a waste of existence
Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by oluwashola4me(m): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
pigin:
“The 10th of July was the 10th
death in a car accident
'Generational curse'...he was the last of his kind tho
Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by iluvweed(m): 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2014
Davido is just 21yrs old........... lipsrsealed
Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by Hangard: 1:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
kokoA: Nonsense! At 21 I was jumping from one pant to another not falling in love.. What's wrong with kids of nowadays?
Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
I see all the comments here and I just shake my head. I am sure some of you have younger ones who are depressed but can't approach you cos they already know you are going to scold them and tell them to face their books. Most people commit suicide when it seems like no one wants to listen to them. And most suicidal thoughts are aborted when the sufferer gets someone to listen to their problems without telling them rudely to go and read their books.

1 Like

Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by Ahasco(m): 3:44am On Jul 13, 2014
That's him for those who don't believe

Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by Nobody: 3:52am On Jul 13, 2014
See his mumu face. Anumanu undecided
Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by Nobody: 4:58am On Jul 13, 2014
Why did his neighbour give him rope when they became suspicious what he wanted to use it for? They should have asked him what he wanted to do with it. I don't know how some people reason sef. Mtscheeew!

But the guy na fool sha! This kind of people do not deserve my condolence. He should go to hell and burn to ashes for all I care!

Nonsense!!
Re: Calabar: Only Son Commits Suicide For Love: Pictures by englishmart(m): 6:07am On Jul 13, 2014
berem: Why did his neighbour give him rope when they became suspicious what he wanted to use it for? They should have asked him what he wanted to do with it. I don't know how some people reason sef. Mtscheeew!

But the guy na fool sha! This kind of people do not deserve my condolence. He should go to hell and burn to ashes for all I care!

Nonsense!!
so if I came to lend rope from you would ask what I need it for? Ok," I want to use it to remove something from the well" would you refuse giving it to me if I gave you that reason? LOL. But the guy Na confirmed [size=45pt] ANU MPAMA[/size]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yet Another Bomb Blast In Kano / Gay Man Kills Partner In Lagos Hotel Room / This Is The Last Facebook Update Of Ukeoma Favour Before He Was Killed...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.