Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. (2441 Views)

Southwest Not Biafra: Gani Adams Warns Ekpa Against Sit-At-Home Protest In Lagos / Presidency Not A Retirement Home, Some People Can't Point Their Classmates - Obi / 'Ndigbo Republic, Not Biafra May Emerge If South-East Fail To Produce President' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2020
The Apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation Ohanaeze Ndigbo has stated it is only interested in the 2023 presidency and pursuit of sovereign State by any group in the zone.

The group maintained that it is a right to the Southeast zone, not a privilege to get the presidency in 2023.

Ohaneze spoke Tuesday in Awka, Anambra State through its President in Anambra State, Chief Damian Okeke -Ogene, while briefing reporters after the group’s meeting

He said the leadership of Ohaneze has not mandated anyone or group to pursue actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra but Presidency of Igbo extraction.

He said that some youths within the territory that make up the defunct Biafra Republic were restive and had made case for Biafra’s restoration because of the gross marginalisation of the zone.

According to Okeke –Ogene: “We are pursuing Igbo president because the executive of Ohanaeze led by Nnia Nwodo has the mandate of Ndigbo to negotiate the Igbo position in Nigeria.

“He wasn’t given a mandate for the Sovereign State of Biafra. That’s why we are saying, give us what is due for us and Nigeria’s president of Igbo extraction is what we are looking for.

“The other aspect of IPOB is because our children seem to find out that Nigerians are not ready to give us what we want; we the elders.

“They are now saying that if you’re not going to answer my father, I am going to tell my father that I am going to be myself.

“They are two different things. Let me tell you, it is coming to a point that Igbo presidency is becoming a right; no more privilege because it is only the South East that has never tasted the presidency and we have been voting for everybody.

“So, the younger ones are agitating that Nigerians are not ready to answer us.

“If they are sure that Nigerians are going to answer us, I believe that they will calm down. Nigeria is for all of us.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/igbos-want-presidency-not-biafra-ohaneze/

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Simplyleo: 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
Pls wetin these people really want? angry

Referendum
Restructuring
Biafra
Atiku presidency
Elzakzaki freedom
Now, presidency.

Okay, now, based on this their new want, I suggest they demand for the ticket from their darling pdp. undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by gnykelly(m): 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
what of ebele azikwe. is he not Ibo. it's Yoruba turn now

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by IamWonderful: 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
Sorry it is risky giving you Nigeria presidency

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by ERockson: 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
Oya take it like Bambiala. Take it like a lazy idiott

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2020
Nigeria voters will determine who becomes Nigeria President.

Wike will determine who becomes PDP flag bearer

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Amotolongbo(f): 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2020
gnykelly:
what of ebele azikwe. is he not Ibo. it's Yoruba turn now
grin

This table you are shaking

I’m not there o grin

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Dedetwo(m): 7:00pm On Aug 11, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

The Apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation Ohanaeze Ndigbo has stated it is only interested in the 2023 presidency and pursuit of sovereign State by any group in the zone.

The group maintained that it is a right to the Southeast zone, not a privilege to get the presidency in 2023.

Ohaneze spoke Tuesday in Awka, Anambra State through its President in Anambra State, Chief Damian Okeke -Ogene, while briefing reporters after the group’s meeting

He said the leadership of Ohaneze has not mandated anyone or group to pursue actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra but Presidency of Igbo extraction.

He said that some youths within the territory that make up the defunct Biafra Republic were restive and had made case for Biafra’s restoration because of the gross marginalisation of the zone.

According to Okeke –Ogene: “We are pursuing Igbo president because the executive of Ohanaeze led by Nnia Nwodo has the mandate of Ndigbo to negotiate the Igbo position in Nigeria.

“He wasn’t given a mandate for the Sovereign State of Biafra. That’s why we are saying, give us what is due for us and Nigeria’s president of Igbo extraction is what we are looking for.

“The other aspect of IPOB is because our children seem to find out that Nigerians are not ready to give us what we want; we the elders.

“They are now saying that if you’re not going to answer my father, I am going to tell my father that I am going to be myself.

“They are two different things. Let me tell you, it is coming to a point that Igbo presidency is becoming a right; no more privilege because it is only the South East that has never tasted the presidency and we have been voting for everybody.

“So, the younger ones are agitating that Nigerians are not ready to answer us.

“If they are sure that Nigerians are going to answer us, I believe that they will calm down. Nigeria is for all of us.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/igbos-want-presidency-not-biafra-ohaneze/

May Amadioha destroy the mouth and thought process of Chief Damian Okeke -Ogene for vomiting the crap posted above.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by SLAP44: 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
If the words don't come from Nnia Nwodo, it's fake news.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Franzinni: 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
But wait

Why are we practicing democrazy? When we block a certain tribe from a fair chance at presiding over the national affair in a country who's motto talks about peace and UNITY

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Simplyleo: 7:02pm On Aug 11, 2020
[s]
Franzinni:
But wait

Why are we practicing democrazy? When we block a certain tribe from a fair chance at presiding over the national affair in a country who's motto talks about peace and UNITY
[/s]
Democracy is not synonymous to rotational govt.

In democracy, the people choose their leaders.

Last time I checked, the constitution has not stopped any tribe from contesting. undecided

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by laiperi: 7:08pm On Aug 11, 2020
If you really want Presidency that bad learn how to attract votes with honey instead of vinegar. You may now be willing to listen to the smart ones within your people.

After gaining Presidency, then what?

We saw what you did with it under Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan.

Which ethnic group has Presidency Epp?

Time for Minority President from anywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Sammy07: 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2020
Franzinni:
But wait

Hear this, there is nothing like fairness and equality in politics.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2020
laiperi:
If you really want Presidency that bad learn how to attract votes with honey instead of vinegar. You may now be willing to listen to the smart ones within your people.

After gaining Presidency, then what?

[s]We saw what you did with it under Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan.[/s]

Which ethnic group has Presidency Epp?

Time for Minority President from anywhere.
You should ask the Ijaws what they did with GEJ Presidency? Not the Igbo man.
It is the same way we can ask you what you did with Obasanjo presidency, since a Yoruba man ruled between 1999-2007. And mind you, GEJ didn’t do quarter of what chief bigot Buhari is doing in Aso rock. Yet, you didn’t see that one.

First remove the log from your eye, before you remove the spike from your neighbor.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by amuwo1980: 7:38pm On Aug 11, 2020
Simplyleo:

Referendum
Restructuring
Biafra
Atiku presidency
Elzakzaki freedom
Now, presidency.

Okay, now, based on this their new want, I suggest they demand for the ticket from their darling pdp. undecided
Crap talking aboki
Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by BigSarah(f): 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2020
IPOB WANTS BIAFRA
Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
Every southerner should be giving the chance to contest in 2023
Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by laiperi: 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2020
I do not have to ask Ijaw what they did with Presidency because Ndi-Igbo waylay dem well, well, that they are Igbo and Biafran with a name like Ebele Azikiwe.

If Ijaw have to do it all over from being elected from North to South to losing Election to a well known fanatic. They will do it differently.

Nigeria O, Jonathan O, Buhari O! We will continue to throw them out until we get it right.

As for Obasanjo, have you ever heard or witness Ndi-Igbo voted for a Yoruba candidate? You and your midnight lovers and daylight masters voted against Falaye.

Do not forget you called OBJ the most detribalized Nigerian. He brought you back from curfew since the War and handed you powerful positions Yoruba had.

No be so? You still hate him anyway, after. Chop and clean mouth!

UdechiHD:
You should ask the Ijaws what they did with GEJ Presidency? Not the Igbo man.
It is the same way we can ask you what you did with Obasanjo presidency, since a Yoruba man ruled between 1999-2007. And mind you, GEJ didn’t do quarter of what chief bigot Buhari is doing in Aso rock. Yet, you didn’t see that one.

First remove the log from your eye, before you remove the spike from your neighbor.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Miracle1991: 9:29pm On Aug 11, 2020
Franzinni:
But wait

who stopped them? Ojukwu,Ekwueme, Ngozi etc contested. Did the igbo people voted for them?
Last year how many igbo people contested? But their people prefer to vote for Atiku who is a fulani man.
Igbos have the right to contest but also Nigerians have the right to vote who they want.
We have 6 zones in Nigeria, 2 from the southern part of the country already held that position while only one zone in the North ever have that position.
Igbos are full of greed, they play politics with emotions, they believe they can decide for Nigeria, they have the mindset that everybody hate them. Those are the qualities that will make them impossible to rule this country. If they want to rule this country they must change their ways.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by flokii: 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2020
While it's ok to "WANT" something, getting it is the issue.

Who will vote for you at the polls? same Nigerians you hate and curse daily? You lots will learn and have sense las las

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2020
Miracle1991:
who stopped them? Ojukwu,Ekwueme, Ngozi etc contested. Did the igbo people voted for them?
Last year how many igbo people contested? But their people prefer to vote for Atiku who is a fulani man.
Igbos have the right to contest but also Nigerians have the right to vote who they want.
We have 6 zones in Nigeria, 2 from the southern part of the country already held that position while only one zone in the North ever have that position.
Igbos are full of greed, they play politics with emotions, they believe they can decide for Nigeria, they have the mindset that everybody hate them. Those are the qualities that will make them impossible to rule this country. If they want to rule this country they must change their ways.

They are senseless... They only want sumtin at the expense of others... They don't care abt other. They just want it..

Rubbish.....

Pdp igbo

APC yoruba

Let's go to the poll

1 Like

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by goodnessme1(f): 10:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
Ohaneze should keep on deceiving themselves.

You think with the level of hatred yorubas and hausafulanis have for Igbos they will vote you for president.

People that will rather vote shekau of boko haram than voting for a well qualified Igbo candidate.

As for me,i stand for total freedom from the zoo called nigeria.
Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Bonesking(m): 10:59pm On Aug 11, 2020
goodnessme1:
[s]Ohaneze should keep on deceiving themselves.

You think with the level of hatred yorubas and hausafulanis have for Igbos they will vote you for president.

People that will rather vote shekau of boko haram than voting for a well qualified Igbo candidate.

As for me,i stand for total freedom from the zoo called nigeria[/s].
Big Goat!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Sagay212: 11:00pm On Aug 11, 2020
Today I want biafr.aud. tomorrow I want others to dash me presidency.

Biafr.aud....dash me presidency
Dash me presidency or I must want biafr.aud
We don't need presidency ...we want biafr.aud
Biafr.aud or death

This na heavy akpu induced confusion cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Bonesking(m): 11:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
Sagay212:
[s]Today I want biafr.aud. tomorrow I want others to dash me presidency.

Biafr.aud....dash me presidency
Dash me presidency or I must want biafr.aud
We don't need presidency ...we want biafr.aud
Biafr.aud or death

This na heavy akpu induced confusion[/s] cheesy
Another Goat!
Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by nairalandankrah: 11:14pm On Aug 11, 2020
Speak for yourselves and your belly.. By the way,You elected yourselves..
Re: Igbos Want Presidency, Not Biafra – Ohaneze. by Tkester: 11:21pm On Aug 11, 2020
Simplyleo:

[s]Referendum
Restructuring
Biafra
Atiku presidency
Elzakzaki freedom
Now, presidency.

Okay, now, based on this their new want, I suggest they demand for the ticket from their darling pdp. undecided[/s]

Shut up! And your fried Brain doesn't let you know that it is only the Igbo people that can salvage Nigeria from this mess she's gotten her self into. Sometimes the way you Yoruba people think sickens me. Gosh!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Dot In The Circle: South-South Leaders Deny Any Deal With Buhari / Tinubu Should Stop Crying Foul Over Buhari Consensus Candidate / GEJ Joins The SE/SS Bigwigs Who Are Opposed To Obi's Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.