Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,270 members, 7,826,042 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car (31060 Views)

Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement / You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. / Is There A Permanent Solution To This Shock Absorber Linkage Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by greggng: 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
I see a lot of entanglement in your engine....this might sound hard but love facing reality ...sell that car add money buy better car

1 Like

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by kalvoken(m): 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
See those may never have owned a car dish advise as if they are autou tech or dealer. grin grin grin
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by cyborg123(m): 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Does your fan come on when the engine is on or when the engine gets hot?

If yes, perform a bleed on cooling system and check water pump.
If no, you already know the problem.

And please, I need to know the rewire that installed horns on engine block. shocked shocked cheesy
Plastic horns for that matter.

7 Likes

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Simplyleo: 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Anytime I observe unusual rise in the temperature gauge, my first port of call is the cooling fan.

And I believe such has been checked, but anything beyond this, I dunno.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Ofemmanu1: 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
If the previous owner in America see it now, he go just die.

1. Check for leakages on the radiator.
I suggest you remove it and take it for a wash.

2. Is you fan working?! Get electrician to check the fan or change to double fan.

3. You must change that gasket too.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by jerrybakermillz(m): 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
7pages:
Nairaland Car Gurus please help me find permanent solution to my golf 3 car(America spec) doing overheating barely every day

I started experiencing this over heating after the change of fuel pump and speedometer censor was changed by a recommended Rewire

I'm using this golf for commercial business, nothing give me any issue in the car than this over heating, is becoming embarrassing when I carry passengers and it started. the car is clean and engine is working fine

it's relay today, it's the water in the radiator boiling tomorrow, I'm becoming sick of this. my mechanic told me when it started this night that my gasket is damaged in the process. I put water in the radiator everyday because of this over heating

please what do you guys suggest as the permanent solution to this over heating gazzuzz Sienna royallord1 and others and I wouldn't mind a recommendation of good Rewire. I reside in Lagos.

Guy sell the car its looking unhealthy, make uno dey stress ur self dey waste money
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by WilliamsDeGreat: 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
grin
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Sholaco: 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
U killed this golf yourself bro...look how dirty the engine is . Why wouldn't it be overheating undecided
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by SmartPolician: 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
ForeThinker:
Buy a new car = problems solved init ...

If you buy am for am, na crime?

1 Like

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by UDUJ(m): 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
7pages:
Nairaland Car Gurus please help me find permanent solution to my golf 3 car(America spec) doing overheating barely every day

I started experiencing this over heating after the change of fuel pump and speedometer censor was changed by a recommended Rewire

I'm using this golf for commercial business, nothing give me any issue in the car than this over heating, is becoming embarrassing when I carry passengers and it started. the car is clean and engine is working fine

it's relay today, it's the water in the radiator boiling tomorrow, I'm becoming sick of this. my mechanic told me when it started this night that my gasket is damaged in the process. I put water in the radiator everyday because of this over heating

please what do you guys suggest as the permanent solution to this over heating gazzuzz Sienna royallord1 and others and I wouldn't mind a recommendation of good Rewire. I reside in Lagos.

Please just contact gazzuzz directly and ignore the insults here cheesy

Sienna is no more active in the auto section. Gazzuzz is the only one I trust to take care of my cars in Lagos. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Papauwem: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
I ll suggest you check the water pump.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by IjebuWarrior: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
But ur car still dey use caburator ni? cheesy
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by SmartPolician: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
AmiciLord:
Sell it and use the money to buy okada and the balance to drink beer

This is the Nairaland I love

Not those tribalistic comments

This got me lmao grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Philipxxxx0: 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
This car is old bro, buy a new car and have peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by kingreign(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
Praxtech:

Change the thermostat. Ensure there's a thermostat there. Reconnect the fans back to factory settings.

E go kuku finally burn down the car if e try this you advice him to do.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by IFNOTGOD(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
things dat make car to overheat.
faulty water pump faulty radiator gasket bad thermostat
so check for those

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by sam1919: 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
Oga change your motor na! He don try
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by bigcee(m): 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr Isoright
grin

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by CheedyJ(m): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Is your mechanic not capable or he’s been billing u without doing d work?
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by bigcee(m): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Lashist:
No too reason am...naija babes go still trip for you cus of your car engine cheesy
grin

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by adonainana: 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
Its probably your radiator

When did the problem start

Perhaps the fans in the radiator is not keeping the engine cool enough to help it nor overheat

Its 90 percent a radiator problem most likely

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by AutoshalomUSA: 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
7pages:

Couple of things can make a vehicle overheat such as ;

Low or No Coolant
Bad Thermostat
Air in the Line
Bad radiator
Old coolant

Possible Solutions ;

Top off your coolant level to max .
Find and replace your thermostat.
Bleed the air out of the coolant pressure hose line.
Replace a faulty Radiator.
Drain and Flush old coolant from the car .

Look into any of these and see if it helps .

Goodluck

5 Likes

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by EbenMayor(m): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
Though I do not have a car yet, a driver shared his experience on Thursday of how overheating problem almost made him sell his sienna car. He spent a whole lot changing parts without any improvement until he met someone who advised him to remove that silencer( hope I got the spelling right?) and check for blockage. I can not recollect the name of the silencer part that blocked but ever since he fixed that the car had been ok. According to him, the blockage would return the heat back to the engine and dry up water.You can try that

5 Likes

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by packagerz: 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
It once happen to me..se its two things..your radiator is dirty..itis blocked with dust and sand.u will take it to mechanic..they will remove the radiator.n take it to car wash..the car wash will use that spraying gun to blow the inside with hard pressure spray of water..u will see sands n dirts there after fix it back.let d mechanic fix it back n u will pray for me..second..if u change ur fan.i mean if the fan stop working .then expect over heating..but if the fan is working..go n wash your radiator with that spraying gun pressure.

5 Likes

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by NairalandNurse(m): 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
T
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Tango123: 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
Sholaco:
U killed this golf yourself bro...look how dirty the engine is . Why wouldn't it be overheating undecided

How is he to keep the engine clean? Is he the state and federal government that are to maintain roads

Or do u want him to be washing his engine daily or what. Anytime u wash engine, u run risk of water going into the wrong place, and ur car will develop massive fault

Engines are not built to be washed

8 Likes

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
7pages:

the chances that your head gasket is gone is very high, you need a mechanic who is good at investigating a blown head gasket and also check for leaks within the cooling system

1 Like

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Kenbuzzy: 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
Bro, sorry for ur troubles. First, start by cleaning ur engine. Dirt on the engine and the radiator causes overheating. Bring out the radiator and do a proper steam cleaning of the radiator. Get a 65 degrees or less thermostat. Once the temperature raises to 65 degrees, the thermostat opens and the water pump sends water from the radiator to cool ur engine down. Check ur water pump and if possible replace it. Also confirm that ur radiator fan is working effectively. Do all this and I don't see a reason why ur car engine should be overheating.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by babajero(m): 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
The car has come to the end of the road, just sell it off put some money and buy a more sound car.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by freemi(m): 3:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Its a common problem with golf n e sabi catch fire cuz of that. Just be careful else it goes in flames. Start diagnosing everything that causes overheating, from water pump, radiator leaks or blocked, weak fan etc. Also check if ders some water mixed in d oil, that means the top gasket has burnt
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by earnit1: 3:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Get another car

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Where The Phrase The Car Is Just "Turninoninown" Came From! / Effect Of Raising The Base Of A Car / Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.