Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,436 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car (31065 Views)

Overheating: Car Still Not Working After Gasket Replacement / You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. / Is There A Permanent Solution To This Shock Absorber Linkage Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Kibonko: 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
the radiator is definitely smaller than the engine....get a bigger radiator
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by hacops: 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
Good afternoon, were do you stay.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Bullet01(f): 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ofemmanu1:
If the previous owner in America see it now, he go just die.

1. Check for leakages on the radiator.
I suggest you remove it and take it for a wash.

2. Is you fan working?! Get electrician to check the fan or change to double fan.

3. You must change that gasket too.

OP pls go with this advice and you will be fine. Pls remove thermostat too if you have any in there.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Lagos1991: 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
Does your gasket burn?
Was the top cylinder filled after cut?
Do you always cover the white plastic radiator mouth?
Overheats are usually from cooling system.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by LordFaraday(m): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
Things that might cause overheating in cars
1 Bad radiator or blocked radiator
2 water leakage. I had this problem with my Toyota and honda.the hose was leaking I had to repair it myself. I changed one of the water hose and refixed it myself.
3 thermostat
4 faulty water pump.there was a time I had this overheating with my toyota.the mechanic was just doing trail by error. I just told him to check and change the water pump and the problem was solved.
5 faulty or bad radiator fans

Any other thing apart from this you might need to check your village people grin shocked

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by perryy(m): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
Change fans and radiator, problem solved.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
oluwaseunamos33:
Sell d car and use the money buy new engine keep.
gringrin
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by danilmo: 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
Praxtech:

Change the thermostat. Ensure there's a thermostat there. Reconnect the fans back to factory settings.

7pages

change ke or to remove it completely, my mechanic removed mine completely, he said if not my car will overtheat wen the thermostat develop fault..
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by ennecco: 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
Check if thére is a themoster .then remove it and check your fan properlly .if is not ok lose thé top cillender and check if thére is any broken Line take it to thé machine then change a New gasket it we bé fine.but if thére is know broken Line changé only thé gasket.hope you understand.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by unclemaths(m): 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
The number 1 problem of overheating engines is Leakey radiators.
The second is fan.

When the radiator leaks, the engine overheats and you have to be topping the water frequently.

It is not the overheating that makes the radiator take extra water. Rather, it is the leakage in the radiator that led to other things.

Try to flush your radiator and check its connecting pipes.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by 7pages(m): 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:

Couple of things can make a vehicle overheat such as ;
Low or No Coolant Bad Thermostat Air in the Line Bad radiator Old coolant
Possible Solutions ;
Top off your coolant level to max . Find and replace your thermostat. Bleed the air out of the coolant pressure hose line. Replace a faulty Radiator. Drain and Flush old coolant from the car .
Look into any of these and see if it helps .
Goodluck

Thanks Boss, I will look into that
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by igwedubai2(m): 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
Bro ur location. is it ajah axis? I had a similar experience but today I am moving like a jet. Tell ur mech to check whether if your fan belt stop on motion, or he should double the gasket to two. It has to be original gasket please
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by vertueptime: 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
First buy 1 gallon of petrol and wash you engine, iv never seen a horn screwed to the engine, before we find u solution

7pages:
Nairaland Car Gurus please help me find permanent solution to my golf 3 car(America spec) doing overheating barely every day

I started experiencing this over heating after the change of fuel pump and speedometer censor was changed by a recommended Rewire

I'm using this golf for commercial business, nothing give me any issue in the car than this over heating, is becoming embarrassing when I carry passengers and it started. the car is clean and engine is working fine

it's relay today, it's the water in the radiator boiling tomorrow, I'm becoming sick of this. my mechanic told me when it started this night that my gasket is damaged in the process. I put water in the radiator everyday because of this over heating

please what do you guys suggest as the permanent solution to this over heating gazzuzz Sienna royallord1 and others and I wouldn't mind a recommendation of good Rewire. I reside in Lagos.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by 7pages(m): 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Esseite:
7pages

I advise you change the fan to a double blower(double fan), connect the fan directly... do away with a thermostat if you have any.. it's too old and busy to use one anyways..

Check your oil, if its turned milky or exhaust emits white smoke with irregular acceleration, then your top gasket may be blown and needs to be worked on.. if the water pump is bad, the sound of the vehicle would change aswell and very obvious.. you can check that aswell.

I think the double fan and a direct connection should solve your problem.., your car is too busy for a single fan.

I have double fan Sir
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Bornfool(m): 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
AmiciLord:
Sell it and use the money to buy okada and the balance to drink beer

You must be mad indeed funny guy
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by AutoshalomUSA: 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Philipxxxx0:
This car is old bro, buy a new car and have peace of mind.
As long as the engine cranks , he can fix it and drive it just fine . Cars look beat up and rundown in Nigeria mostly due to harsh weather and environment, substandard petroleum products .
Any old car can be restored back to life !

See a sample of transformation we do !

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
7pages:
And
don't reconnect the fan back to any factory setting o.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by wfjimmytobby(m): 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
bro sell this car and buy a bike
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Alexbrandy28(m): 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Change the radiator cover( The cover on the radiator reservoir),that is if you are sure that the top gasket and the two fans are in good condition.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Tensteel412: 4:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
This is a simple problem usually with German cars.

Change/Service your water pump [size=8pt][/size]

Common sense is not common
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by kingreign(m): 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Tango123:

How is he to keep the engine clean? Is he the state and federal government that are to maintain roads

Or do u want him to be washing his engine daily or what. Anytime u wash engine, u run risk of water going into the wrong place, and ur car will develop massive fault

Engines are not built to be washed
@bolded, not true.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by ezef2k4(m): 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
I don't know who GAZZUZZ is but I have read so much about him to wish he is my personal mechanic.

Please is there any trusted auto mechanic (of Gazzuzz rank) residing in Benin city Edo state?

Cc: Gazzuzz.

UDUJ:

Please just contact gazzuzz directly and ignore the insults here cheesy

Sienna is no more active in the auto section. Gazzuzz is the only one I trust to take care of my cars in Lagos. Good luck
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by 7pages(m): 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ofemmanu1:
If the previous owner in America see it now, he go just die.

1. Check for leakages on the radiator.
I suggest you remove it and take it for a wash.

2. Is you fan working?! Get electrician to check the fan or change to double fan.

3. You must change that gasket too.

thanks bro
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Dbarrzx: 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
Electrical issues associates with golf cars...sorry bro
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by nBag(m): 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
grin
wetin Opel zafira do me and big brother for almost a way on Abuja road ehnnn. WizKid said and I quote " I can't explain eeee yaaa" if I upload my pic maybe some of you Abuja nairalanders go Don see me dey pour water for engine more than once that year. bros I no get solutions for you. all I know is overheating be like witchcraft

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by gabbasin: 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
take the radiator for steam wash and flushing if you haven't done so, and the water pump might be defective
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by vabok(m): 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
You can start by first giving that engine a good wash...
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Microwhy: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
3 things is involve..
Take your radiator for thorough washing and tell them to clean and through the cells.

Check your thermostat, radiator cover and direction of rotation of your cooling fan(if the wire is interchanged, it won't cool your water instead it will add to heating it).

Check your top cylinder gasket, engine top for crack, cylinder wall for scratch and tell them to check your combustion chamber clearance before putting another gasket.

Also, engine oil is not just lubricating the engine, it also takes away some considerable amount of heat from the engine.

Use coolant ...
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Ekebest: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
Although the wiring does not look encouraging, from the look of things but have you taken the car to an authorized Golf auto mechanic? Your road - side mechanic must have run out of options. If you don't really feel OK with this, save yourself the embarrassments by selling the car, add money to buy another. In this pandemic times, you may even find a better car and at affordable price.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Martinez39s(m): 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
Buy a new car.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Tensteel412: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
CHANGE/SERVICE YOUR WATER PUMP. THE WATER PUMP HARDLY SPOILS. IT JUST GETS STIFF AND STOPS TURNING. SO EITHER IT IS SERVICED OR CHANGED.
Re: Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
7pages:

I have double fan Sir

Checks...
- radiator for leakages
- water pump check
- top gasket check..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Effect Of Raising The Base Of A Car / Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? / Let's Talk Brainbox Aka ECU.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.