Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift (18124 Views)

Marrying Yoruba Woman Gave Me Political Advantage — Idimogu / Jude Idimogu: Igbo Member Of Lagos State House Of Assembly / Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by bolaayenimo: 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
The Lagos state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has waded into the crisis over who is the authentic apex leaders of Ndigbos in the party, affirming its support for Joe Igbokwe, the former Publicity Secretary of the party in the state and currently the Special Adviser on Drainage and Water Resources to Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Igbokwe had been at loggerheads with Hon. Jude Idimogu, a member of the Lagos state House of Assembly representing Oshodi/Isolo Constituency II over the position.

While Igbokwe who has been a member of the APC since the days of the defunct Alliance for Democracy (AD) said he is the apex leader, Idimogu who joined the APC in February 2017 however, maintained that he is the most senior elected person in Ndigbo Lagos APC to date and such is the apex leader.

Speaking with Daily Independent on Monday, Alhaji Tunde Balogun said in order to maintain peace and harmony in the party, the party leadership led by him invited both men to his office where a meeting was held.

He said it was agreed that Joe Igbokwe should be the apex leader of Igbos in APC while Idimogu should be the deputy apex leader. He also enjoined both men to work together for the interest of Igbos in Lagos and APC.

His words “Of course, we had a meeting last week Friday in my office. With my intervention in the matter, the party has resolved that both of them should work together as brothers and bring their supporters together so that they can work together for Igbos in APC in peace and harmony”.

“With the situation of things, Joe Igbokwe will be the apex leader of Igbos in APC, while Jude Idimogu will be the deputy apex leader. Of course, Idimogu is a young man who has a bright future in our party; he must be ready to work with his brother, Igbokwe who has been in the party for some time” Balogun said.

When contacted, Igbokwe said the party has affirmed him as the party leader and that decision stands.

“Yes, we had a meeting on Friday. The party leadership has settled the issue and I don’t think there will be any crisis again” he said.

However when contacted, Idimogu said the party never recognised Igbokwe as the apex leader. He said the party chairman only said the two of them as leaders of Ndigbos in Lagos should work together as brothers to advance the cause of Igbos in APC.

He also said the party said they recognised his efforts in the party and that he has better prospects than Igbokwe in the party.

According to Idimogu “It is not true that Igbokwe was recognised as apex leader. The party chairman, Alhaji Tunde Balogun called myself and Joe Igbokwe and sat us down, he then said ‘Jude, the party hierarchy has recognised your efforts in Lagos state”.

“You have better opportunity than Joe Igbokwe in the hierarchy of Lagos APC and that the party appreciates me. You are younger than Joe Igbokwe; you have better prospects than him. Both of you are leaders of Ndigbo in Lagos state’. That was what the chairman said and you can quote me”.

“He said both of us are leaders recognised by the party and we should work together. He did not mention anything about Joe Igbokwe being the apex leader. He only said we are both leaders and we should go and handle affairs of Igbos”.

Idimogu who said he is not in any competition with Igbokwe said he was made apex leaders by the Igbo community leaders and he has a certificate to back up his claim.

“If Joe Igbokwe is saying that he has been recognised as apex leader, he is entitled to his opinion. But I’m telling you what the party leader said. However, I told the party chairman that I never gave myself the position of apex leader. It is my Igbo community leaders that gave me”.

“As long as they have given me apex leader, I will answer the title because they not only gave it to me, they even issued me certificate to back it up. Nobody is dragging that with me”.

“If Joe Igbokwe is dragging to become apex leader of Government House, that is his problem. But what the state chairman said was that we are both leaders and we should bring our people together and work for the success of the party” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/apex-leader-crisis-apc-wades-into-igbokwe-idimogu-rift/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by Obamaofusa: 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by FrankBass281(m): 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
power drunk old men.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by waloma(m): 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by hisgrace090: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mr idimogu why?

Can't you guys allow Mr igbokwe some breathing space for once, I hope you do.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by ForeThinker: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
If you look back only at your mistakes, you’d think you were an idiot. If you look back only at your wiser choices, you’d think you were infallible. But if you look back on everything, you realize you’re a human being who has been through a lot, grown a lot, is always still learning, and improving as time goes by.

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by Golden057(m): 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mtcheeeww....
That's where you see politicians! Fighting for selfish interest,later they will claim they are fighting for the people.

1 Like

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by SoftP(m): 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
A sinking party
Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by LegendHero(m): 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
Nawa o!

Apex leader of Igbos in Lagos APC.

What kind of rubbish title is that?

31 Likes

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by Mopolchi: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
Igbokwe go home

1 Like

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by momodub: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hummmm
Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by fredoooooo: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
Won de o .. kini gbogbo radarada yi bayi ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by BOFA2020: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2020
Na wa oh
Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by airminem(f): 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2020
NBC, LIE MOHAMMED #freeNigeriaInfoFM Happy birthday my SMART GENERAL IBB

1 Like

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by buchilino(m): 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
sad useless old men
Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by GODISABOVEDEVIL: 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
Hi
Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by NkemChukwudi: 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mopolchi:
Igbokwe go home

All of them (including these 2 foolish men) should go home.......,.

PrecisionFx lzaa Imhotep Ykc2 SLAP44.......

2 Likes

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by Coldie(m): 4:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
Igbokwe go home, u cant lead anybody, stick to ur appointments. If u were to ever lead igbos in apc be rest assured that the igbos under u would rebel d party, cause no igbo can ever support a man like u, who knows nothing about apc and what politics is about. U were just a psycophant trying to do anything to please ur masters not a politician. U and that boy goziconc will learn the hard way. U try to gather followers by waking up everyday to insult the igbo tribe, now u want to rule those u always insult. U must be very stup!d

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by nairavsdollars(f): 4:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
I hear say Joe Igbokwe stinginess no be here ooo

1 Like

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by zoedew: 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
Pride goeth before a fall! Without loyalty you risk a lull!! Imagine an Idimogu contesting political relevance in Lagos State with Joe Igbokwe!! Idimogu risks political deconstruction.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by chukwuibuipob: 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
sad Land grabbers grin cheesy gringringringrin
Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by Roofingpro(m): 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
Interesting
Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by Piroskeey: 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
bolaayenimo:

https://www.independent.ng/apex-leader-crisis-apc-wades-into-igbokwe-idimogu-rift/
Joe Igbokwe will not speak for the Igbo's again...a man who insult our people... If he thinks he is popular let him go and context an election.. Honorable Jude we stand for. Even the Yoruba's love him. The only Igbo man who won election both in PDP and APC in Lagos... Joe Igbokwe only insult our people just because of money

7 Likes

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by Kulas: 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ndi ara no na ala ndi ofe mmanu na ezezugharia. Igbokwe Idimogu

1 Like

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by Ykc2(m): 4:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
They better choose the young man over joe igbokwe ooo, joe igbokwe is like shekau in igbo land,two apc governors in igbo land won with wayo and jibiti,Rochas okoroawusa he won with Apga then followed by supreme court governor die hope uzodinjo

1 Like

Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by DigitalyYours: 4:16pm On Aug 17, 2020

Rift after rift
Crisis after crisis
Re: APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift by bakobenjamin198: 4:17pm On Aug 17, 2020
So, it is true that Lagos is a no man's land? I can see an Igbo man representing a particular constituency in the state house.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VAT: FIRS’ Exclusive List Push Suffers Setback At NASS / Ireti Kingibe: MKO Abiola Abandoned My Husband - Kingibe’s Wife / Dino Melaye Hires Mike Ozekhome To Stop His Recall In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.