Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana (32088 Views)

FG Reacts To Killing Of Nigerian Pastor By Chinese Government / New Minimum Wage: FG Reacts To Labour’s December 31 Deadline / FG Reacts To Saraki Exit From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by ajailer(m): 9:32am On Aug 18, 2020
Ghana is indirectly telling Nigerian citizens to leave their country otherwise why will you put a fee of $1mil to operate even a small shop there, even to own a business in America is around $400,000 or thereabout.

There is the option of reciprocity for us but with no data or whatever, how do we know a business that is owned by a Ghanaian man operating in Nigeria?

The conclusion of the matter is that, no matter the steps Nigerian govt. takes, Ghana will always win as more Nigerians in Ghana will be hurt by any policy that comes up than Ghanaian in Nigeria. Naija na past glory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by InvertedHammer: 9:33am On Aug 18, 2020
/
I will never live in a place that I am not wanted. Simple. Nigerians' response to any unfavourable condition is flight. If everyone keeps running away from Nigeria, they will never gain respect. When was the last time you heard of massive protest in Nigeria against bad governance? That's how other countries attained greatness. The citizens did not run away but stayed back to fight their battles.

/

5 Likes

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Brushstrokes20: 9:34am On Aug 18, 2020
Pathetic!... Just imagine what the once giant of Africa has been reduced to....

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by EnuguUkwu1stSon: 9:34am On Aug 18, 2020
Geoffrey Onyeama is a disgrace in the league of foreign ministers.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by StrikeBack(m): 9:34am On Aug 18, 2020
Strongbest:
I feel really sorry for Nigerians.

I don't know how all these little little countries suddenly have the guts to treat my country men with disrepect.

So much disrepects for a "Giant of Africa".

I found out the way we respect other country men in our country, we are most time not so respected in other countries we visit.

Take for instance, the Chinese, they are very respected here, and some Nigerians working in their companies here in Nigeria are even treated as slaves but over there in their own country; we've heard many stories of how they matreat and have even thrown our country men into prisons.

To me, I think our government needs to adjust, they need to sit up and do things right to redeem our image.

Seriously, this is embarrassing.

As long as you keep borrowing from China. They will treat us like Shit home and away plus neutral ground
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Jaqenhghar: 9:35am On Aug 18, 2020
Blue3k:
Notice he said it's painful. He didn't claim what they did was illegal or violates ECOWAS protocols. What exactly is the peaceful resolution that he wants. If Traders violated law then Ghana did nothing wrong. Nigeria has similar laws on their books they enforce.

Lol it would be interesting to see if Ghana really want to fold on this issue during an election year. The ruling party would handing easy cannon fooder for their opposition. They would look weak violating their laws to appease foreigners.
Abeg make we hear word. When you blocked your borders was that not a breach of ECOWAS protocol?
When you deported them in the 80s was that not a breach of ECOWAS protocol?
Same way you are a sovereign country who can do and undo with no apologies they too can do it.

2 Likes

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by deltateam: 9:35am On Aug 18, 2020
Blue3k:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-reacts-to-closure-of-nigerian-traders-shops-in-ghana

Ghanaians are wicked. How many of them have seen $1million?

Most of those traders are trying to find their feet and you task them with providing $1 million equity.

From where exactly?
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Jaqenhghar: 9:37am On Aug 18, 2020
IkwerrePikin:
Ghana what you’re doing to your fellow African-Nigerian brothers is really unfair!

Tomorrow is pregnant oh!

Nigeria will be great!!!
Now its unfair. When your border closure affected them you were jubilating now. Leave them please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Joemetry(m): 9:37am On Aug 18, 2020
Y'all forget too soon...

Sins of the inept kakistocrats since 1960 are hunting the innocent now.

How y'all still call this bag?

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by proeast(m): 9:37am On Aug 18, 2020
stonemasonn:
Nigerian traders in Ghana should come together to form a conglomerate. Get a massive plaza near the market to sell the various goods, register it with a name, bank account and directors.

You're smart! Nigerians in Ghana should come together, contribute money and float a huge company or mall like ShopRite and sell its shares to members. Afterwards, they can open branches under the corporate name they registered the company and thus disperse their members accordingly to all these branches.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Roofingpro(m): 9:37am On Aug 18, 2020
smiley
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Jaqenhghar: 9:38am On Aug 18, 2020
Tit for tat. How easily we forget things
The way some of you antagonize the Ghanaians here una think say everybidy mumu like una. Una never see

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by dederocs(m): 9:39am On Aug 18, 2020
Ghana treat America and Europeans like gods, but hate their own kin, its quite sad...i know this, cos i have been to Ghana.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by kurlz(f): 9:39am On Aug 18, 2020
stonemasonn:
Nigerian traders in Ghana should come together to form a conglomerate. Get a massive plaza near the market to sell the various goods, register it with a name, bank account and directors.

And then in case of a disaster such as fire outbreak that can even be man made due to envy what will happen.

You know our naija people always draw envy from all other nations due to the rate at which they progress rapidly anywhere they are.

See this policy is to shut them up for ever. Note.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by GlobalWay: 9:41am On Aug 18, 2020
Truth be told, Ghana is very peaceful and places great value on Human Life. Unlike Nigeria that life of cow is more important than Nigerians. If you have money to migrate and do business or farm in Ghana, contact me while there is still chance now.

1 Share

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Lexusgs430: 9:41am On Aug 18, 2020
Is buhari not shocked.......... grin
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by RTSC: 9:42am On Aug 18, 2020
They don't want you there.

And this is an election year and their president will pander to populism.

Nigerian govt should just cut their loss, and help the Nigerian traders to move on and settle in Nigeria.

Then the govt back home should ensure that no Ghanaian earn a single naira in Nigeria without paying through their nose.

There are Ghanaians everywhere, from petty trading to teaching.
I know a few. I doubt if they even pay tax.

There are also many of them in the entertainment industry nowadays too making a living in Nigeria.

We need to identify all of them, send most of them back and tax the hell out of the few that remains in Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by RTSC: 9:46am On Aug 18, 2020
Also Nigerian celebrities have the habit of bringing Ghana "into the fold" out of a misguided sense of brotherhood.
It has helped those ungrateful pricks immeasurable.

We need to start cutting back on that shit.

They are not our people. They hate us.

You need to go to ghana and see the hate.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:47am On Aug 18, 2020
Black man wickedness and meanness to fellow Blackman, even in China you don't need 2/10 of such amount before you could open a business... And some cowards who have never leave beyond their villages justified the actions... Shame on AFONJAS

2 Likes

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by excel4us: 9:49am On Aug 18, 2020
Na reaction we go dey chop? We need action to stop this mess around Nigerians all over the world.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:51am On Aug 18, 2020
NetCash01:
$1m before you can open shop in Ghana?

1m ?? what is wrong with Africans. I meant black men in particularly

how many Ghanaian have 1m dollars including their president

Elon musk is a south African for God sake, but he is doing wonders in America

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by authority2006(m): 9:53am On Aug 18, 2020
Blue3k:
Notice he said it's painful. He didn't claim what they did was illegal or violates ECOWAS protocols. What exactly is the peaceful resolution that he wants. If Traders violated law then Ghana did nothing wrong. Nigeria has similar laws on their books they enforce.

Lol it would be interesting to see if Ghana really want to fold on this issue during an election year. The ruling party would handing easy cannon fooder for their opposition. They would look weak violating their laws to appease foreigners.

That shouldn't qualify as law, that was meant to be an insurmountable obstacle my friend, 1 million dollars for registration! That's like 400 million naira! I hope you're Ghanaian and not a Nigerian because I will be disappointed if you are a Nigerian
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by proeast(m): 9:54am On Aug 18, 2020
ajailer:
Ghana is indirectly telling Nigerian citizens to leave their country otherwise why will you put a fee of $1mil to operate even a small shop there, even to own a business in America is around $400,000 or thereabout.

There is the option of reciprocity for us but with no data or whatever, how do we know a business that is owned by a Ghanaian man operating in Nigeria?

The conclusion of the matter is that, no matter the steps Nigerian govt. takes, Ghana will always win as more Nigerians in Ghana will be hurt by any policy that comes up than Ghanaian in Nigeria. Naija na past glory.

Believe me, Nigeria can actually hit Ghana hard if only we can put our acts together. The problem is that we have leaders that are neither smart nor intelligent.

Are you aware that Nigeria's economy is bigger than the rest of West Africa put together? How big is Ghana's economy??

Our population is about half of West Africa's population!

If Nigeria should cut all ties with Ghana and place total embargo on trade with them, they will go into recession.

If Nigerians should pull out of Ghana en mass, their economy will be devastated. Forget all the hype, Ghana is still a very poor country, it's just that they have better leaders than the apologies we have in Nigeria.

Ghana has been owing Nigeria perennially for gas supplies to date!

Nigeria can easily do without Ghana but Ghana will suffer if cut ties with them. Nigerian traders and business men could decide to divest from there and go elsewhere in the Subregion and in return, we stop all Ghana products from accessing Nigeria's large market. Stop our gas supplies to them and force them to pay the millions of dollars they're owing us.

If Nigeria has a smart and intelligent leader, Ghana will have their president coming to Aso rock to beg.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by limitless777(m): 9:55am On Aug 18, 2020
The Hushpuppic aftermath. SAD that Nigeria has sank this low.
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by authority2006(m): 9:56am On Aug 18, 2020
Queenlovely:
Ghana Must Go, was a popular name given to the migration of illegal Migrants ( mostly Ghanaians) from Nigeria following a Presidential executive order. In 1983, the President of Nigeria, Shehu Shagari issued an executive order

an eye for an eye

The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross and which to burn.
David Russell

Something happened before that, something caused Ghana Must Go. Don't paint Nigeria as d!ck
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by SaintBishop: 9:59am On Aug 18, 2020
Queenlovely:
Ghana Must Go, was a popular name given to the migration of illegal Migrants ( mostly Ghanaians) from Nigeria following a Presidential executive order. In 1983, the President of Nigeria, Shehu Shagari issued an executive order

an eye for an eye

The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross and which to burn.
David Russell
What are you saying are there no Ghanaians living and doing their business in Nigeria? anyway, thank God my people hardly Migrate, it is Igbos and Yorubas that are in your country, deal with them as you please, he no concern me.

3 Likes

Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 18, 2020
echelonfashion:

Most of the traders are igbos... igbo has no leader
This might not work
God bless you for this statement! Igbos are competitive in nature. They can be very arrogant (sorry to say). They always want to lead themselves so even where they choose to elect a leader, it is uncommon to find one of them (some now) that will STRONGLY OPPOSE the leadership. Now the opposition won't be because of inadequacies but because of the feeling that he (the opposer) should be the one ruling. They have NO COOPERATION amongst themselves. They don't even like giving themselves a helping hand at all at all. They always talk about Biafra but truth be told should they succeed in that Biafra, they'll suffer cos there'll be too much opposition in the government. They are too ambitious and of course for the wrong reasons. Imagine someone buying a car just because a cousin in the village did same AND NOT BECAUSE YOU NEED IT. They envy themselves too much so leadership would be difficult amongst them. Other tribes do it but that of igbos is DAMN TOO MUCH. If you are an Igbo man and you love the truth, you'll attest to this. Things ought to change mehhn
They love to dominate. Nothing wrong in domination but do it THE RIGHT WAY (Especially when it's not your land). They always like giving the impression that THEY ARE WISER THAN EVERYONE AND CAN MANIPULATE ANYONE but cry fowl and injustice where manipulated. I have nothing against an Igbo man but I must say the truth. The Yorubas and hausas too have their own shortcomings but as regards business (Especially in a foreign land where sanity is the order of the day) an Igbo man would disgrace Nigeria by throwing etiquettes away ALL IN A BID TO COME BACK HOME TO "OPPRESS HIS COUSINS". There are some good Igbo people Sha who have chosen not to be like the rest and they are often called weaklings but I call them WISE
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by slowice(m): 10:03am On Aug 18, 2020
Lorenzop:
Let's do the math,

$1,000,000 x #470

#470,000,000

And I ask...how much will now be the trading capital if these traders should pay this...it doesn't even make sense...The message is simple, Ghana is simply telling Nigerian traders, park and go we don't want you anymore.

fellow Nigerians, please leave that country and move on, when the house owner doesn't want you anymore, you have no business fighting him in his own house...It's foolish...the only sorry situation is the spineless attitude of Nigerian govt to protect it's citizens, It's a disaster to be a Nigerian coz even Somalia will treat you like a piece of shit...
The truth if I ve that kind of money what will I be looking for Ghana when I can easily become a billionaire from investing in Nigeria
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by iezeiyida(m): 10:04am On Aug 18, 2020
Why must almost every economic policy they implement, possess negative effect on only Nigerians..

This is why I never liked Ghana, even when I had no good reason.. Something been dey tell me say 90 per cent of Ghanaians strongly hate Nigerians. I can never own a business in SA and Ghana weather I'm trying to build a business or I'm a billionaire
Re: FG Reacts To Closure Of Nigerian Traders' Shops In Ghana by kollygu: 10:05am On Aug 18, 2020
Most of them took Nigeria money to invest Ghana, that what happen... At the end of the day.. Only if you think those shops are small... Most of the countries are battling with economy issue due to pandemic, Ghana government just feel... Like... Let take advantage of Nigeria... Tell them to bring 1 million dollar.... Don't you get it... Is it only Nigerians that have shop over there? ....they should bring back those business to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dogara, Lasun, Leo Ogor Padded The 2016 Budget - Sahara Reporters / Buhari ‘Favours’ Lawan, Gbaja To Lead 9th National Assembly / Gunmen Kill Two Police Officers In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.