Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba (15099 Views)

Why DSS Ordered #EndSARS Promoters’ Bank Accounts Frozen - THEWILL / Why DSS Invited Me – Oshiomhole / Why DSS Withdrew Security Attached To Saraki, Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by PMBNG(m): 11:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ghali Na’Abba, a former speaker of the House of Representatives, has made public the discussion he had with the Department of State Services (DSS).

Mr Na’Abba was invited by the DSS over recent criticism of the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari. He had last week Thursday said the country was becoming a failed state under the president.

A day after that remark, he was invited to appear before the secret police today. While the invitation was linked to his comments, the presidency said preliminary findings showed he was not invited over the criticism.

But addressing reporters after honouring the invitation, the former lawmaker said he was asked to explain some of the words he used while criticising the Nigerian leader, adding that his stood by his words.

“I did not disown anything I said. I will never mince my words. Whatever I see as the truth I say it,” he told reporters Monday evening in Abuja.

“And that is what I said in my interview and said during the press conference. And I can never say anything that is not the truth.

“What happened was there were certain words that appeared in my address and interview which needed some clarifications and which clarification, I made.

“We were both satisfied with what happened. We advised one another. The DSS have their own job and their own experience. I too have my own vocation also have my own experience. And we felt highly enriched by our experiences.

“That is how things are supposed to be. It went successfully. I enjoyed my stay there. I had no problems with the way they received me.

“In my address I used the words ‘failed state’ and ‘self determination’. When we say out words, what we mean may be different from what other persons perceive and that was what happened.

“Self-determination simply in our own context means Nigerians must be allowed to live the way they want to live.

“It does not mean the mean dismemberment of the country. A lot of times from security point of view when you say self-determination it is meant that it is the dismemberment of the country, which is not so. This needed clarification.

“Failed state is any state that cannot provide a lot of services. What happened was that in their own opinion I did not use the words appropriately and it is only human to use words not appropriately and I told them that what I meant there is that the indices that characterise a failed state are prevalent with us,” he added.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/todaypoliticsng.com/why-dss-invited-me-naabba/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by Brandstudio01: 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
I remember when I used to discourage people from travelling out. But now reverse is the case.

Argue with your current state of living

Abeg jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by slivertongue: 11:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
“Failed state is any state that . provide a lot of services. What happened was that in their own opinion I did not use the words appropriately and it is only human to use words not appropriately and I told them that what I meant there is that the indices that characterise a failed state are prevalent with us,”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by slivertongue: 11:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
“I did not disown anything I said. I will never mince my words. Whatever I see as the truth I say it,”

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by Racoon(m): 11:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
Meaning the DSS does not know the meaning of a "failed state" or "self determination"? Same DSS that does have not Intel against BH/fulani terrorists? Nothing new because "when tyranny & oppression comes into the land,it will be in the guise of fighting crime."-James Madison(US President 1809-1817)

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by IamWonderful: 11:38pm On Aug 17, 2020
The senile vegetative doppelganger figurehead in Aso rock just want to subjacent freedom of speech

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by ojun50(m): 11:41pm On Aug 17, 2020
Failed state is any state that cannot provide a lot of services.
Example:: Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by illicit(m): 7:10am On Aug 18, 2020
Ur head dey there

1 Like

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by ThatFairGuy: 7:15am On Aug 18, 2020
What was your own antecedent as former speaker of The House of Rep Ghali Na'aba undecided

If ONLY Nigerians aren't just too forgetful

6 Likes

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by thundafire: 7:20am On Aug 18, 2020
If u voted for APC shame

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 18, 2020
True MEN never disown their own words
Nah MEN u be Naaba

When will DSS invite Wikipedia
These are failed states according to Wiki

7 Likes

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by Jimbadly: 8:04am On Aug 18, 2020
The level of intolerance in this administration is sickening.

The DSS has become a willing tool for intimidation of perceived critics of the government.

Just make a single statement deemed to be critical of Buhari's government and have a date with the DSS.

2 Likes

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by Kissiemu(m): 8:12am On Aug 18, 2020
A former head of one of the highest legislative bodies in Nigeria is calling Nigeria a failed state.

Well, he is right but I know that he is one of the people that made it so.

These people should stop playing politics with us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by OneDollarSalary(m): 8:22am On Aug 18, 2020
[s]
ThatFairGuy:
What was your own antecedent as former speaker of The House of Rep Ghali Na'aba undecided

If ONLY Nigerians aren't just too forgetful
[/s]

If it were to be a Yoruba man he could have disown his words

13 Likes

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by Perfecttouchade: 8:23am On Aug 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:23am On Aug 18, 2020
Pollosa1:
Their plan was to arrest you but it won't work because both God and Nigerians are with you sir
Now, this is funny!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by ForeThinker: 8:23am On Aug 18, 2020
They intend to silence you ..we understood

1 Like

Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by hisgrace090: 8:24am On Aug 18, 2020
Hmm!

People should mind what they say in this regime,. Ie saying that...

Bokoharam is killing somewhere.

Fulani herdsmen are slaughtering a town.

Miyetti Allah suggestion is not good.

Blowing whistle on any appointee of fg.

And many more should be wached before DSS descend on you without mercy as they did Mr naa'ba.
Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by jericco1(m): 8:24am On Aug 18, 2020
Buhari and his band of thieves will atone for their sins

Nigeria slowing turning into North Korea undecided
Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by superCleanworks(m): 8:24am On Aug 18, 2020
who asked you?

you are all the same people chasing each other and playing power games.

all the innocent people in SANKO don't get a chance to explain like this.

take three steps back please
Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by techmo(m): 8:25am On Aug 18, 2020
Buhari blood too dey hot
Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by punisha: 8:25am On Aug 18, 2020
angry

Glad you are OK... Or do I say for now.
Speaking up in Nigeria is at the speakers detriment.
Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by jchioma: 8:26am On Aug 18, 2020
Nigeria has every indication of a failed state na!

DSS no get work abeg. They should channel their energy to the terrorists destroying parts of the country.
Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:26am On Aug 18, 2020
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by chukwuibuipob: 8:28am On Aug 18, 2020
sad Dis man really shake pa OBJ.Why invite him?Dumb pipu.Go find Shekau and his brother AKINTOLA Muric.Nonsense
Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by Propsvilla(m): 8:28am On Aug 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Why DSS Invited Me – Na’abba by SmartPolician: 8:28am On Aug 18, 2020
He didn't say any serious thing that will warrant his arrest

A great Nigeria will always be a mirage

Suffering and smiling is a lifestyle here

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video Isaac Fayose Reacted To Was From 2018 / Buhari Will Not Reinstate The 13 Sacked VCs – FG / Osinbajo To Brief Nation On His Visit To Buhari In London - Laolu Akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.