Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria (61787 Views)

Real Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria - Verifiable / Onshore Oil Fields They Don't Want You To See / Govt Opens Bid Round For 31 Marginal Oil Fields (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 18, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

Someone may be stealing from you.
We've been told that Igbos want to steal other peoples oil, but nobody blinks when our oil is being stolen indirectly.
Igboland may be the richest part of Nigeria in terms of human and natural resources, but our region host the least federal projects.
Think.
I concur
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by EzeUche2(m): 11:06pm On Feb 18, 2011
The maps don't lie.

Becomrichn, you have been peddling lies about where the oil fields are located.
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 4:46am On Feb 19, 2011
Believe me this is one of the most important posts on nairaland; but notice how eerily quiet this thread has been since it started. Reason is that it is based on TRUTH.

Start another thread now saying that Igbos are planning to steal their neighbors land and watch how it will explode.

My state Anambra has more oil and gas (30 tcf!) than many countries (many countries only have billions of cubic feet of gas), and Igboland has more oil and gas than Cameroon or Ghana.

Very important information.
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by EzeUche2(m): 5:36am On Feb 19, 2011
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by GAR3TH(m): 6:25am On Feb 19, 2011
What about offshore?

"a third (1/3) of Nigerian oil production capacity is offshore, with 36.2 billion barrels of oil reserves as of January 2007, , according to the US Energy Information Administration (EIA). Government has flagged plans to expand that to 40 billion barrels by 2010."*

* http://www.offshore-technology.com/features/feature1975/

Offshore oil is on federal waters and not state. some of Nigeria offshore oil platforms are 200km from land. Now you know 1/3 of the oil belongs to no one. and if we do some more research I bet that 1/3 will increase rapidly

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgevZNnz9c0?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Becomrichn: 7:06am On Feb 19, 2011
what stupid lies are you talking about. what you just posted are oil block. not oil well. i have seen the oil well.

this map you are posting has fake information on it. i know where the oil wells are. ok if you dont believe just let us join benin republic. and go and make money from from the oil well in abia or anambra or ebonyi.

we dash you the oil money in abia, anambra and ebonyi state ok, let us go and you make your invisible oil money.
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Becomrichn: 7:06am On Feb 19, 2011
what silly lies are you talking about. what you just posted are oil block. not oil well. i have seen the oil well.

this map you are posting has fake information on it. i know where the oil wells are. ok if you dont believe just let us join benin republic. and go and make money from from the oil well in abia or anambra or ebonyi.

we dash you the oil money in abia, anambra and ebonyi state ok, let us go and you make your invisible oil money.  delta oil is in ondo state.

You NASA technology is more accurate than even the oil companies. and i have a copy of oil ship manufold. you forgot i said my father use to work for the marcheant navy. I cant make mistake on co ordinate.

i got A1 in geography. when it comes to issue of nigeria geography, i did a research relating to geography with a team in nigeria.

even look at the video you are claiming.  this is from the video.

Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Mobinga: 7:18am On Feb 19, 2011
The off-shore wells belong to Rivers State.

In My village, Shell has a facility there. They drill crude every bleeping day. In turn for constant electricity(I mean constant. No blink. ) <<< Imagine?!! And the villagers are satisfied??!! Illiteracy
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Becomrichn: 7:24am On Feb 19, 2011
what is the name of your villages. telling lies again.

Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by EzeUche2(m): 7:27am On Feb 19, 2011
Becomrichn, my map comes from various sources.

Do you deny the authenticity of the maps from the international organizations, international oil companies and the even the Nigerian federal government's estimates?

[img]http://www.eia.doe.gov/cabs/Nigeria/images/NigerD-map.gif[/img]
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by EzeUche2(m): 7:29am On Feb 19, 2011
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Becomrichn: 7:31am On Feb 19, 2011
your maps are useless to me. they are hand draw. i am using latest technology.

i can tell you location everywhere. better than what you have . more accurate. your map is not accurate. i can see each oil well and tell you which state , they are. i can even tell you how many per state.

it is people from this area that draw this fake map to get oil money in derivation.

look my friend it is more than oil,.

ask any nigerian. why do you think boro haman want to leave nigeria. they dont have oil in the north. it is deep issue that would lead to civil war. i dont think you are nigerian.
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by nduchucks: 7:35am On Feb 19, 2011
ileke bebe-idi:

Well, news flash, no one is leaving until the oil runs dry.

Hear, hear!!   cheesy

The map posted by the OP is more accurate than not, though not 100% accurate. No one can blame the Igbo coup plotters of the past and Ojukwu for attempting to secceed. Imagine a biafra with all that oil!  I venture to say that such a country would rival the Arab oil rich countries on several levels.

The sad truth is that the biafrans lost the war and will never form that nation without first killing off the rest of Nigeria - an impossibility at best. Best option for biafrans is to learn to live and let live, learn to be nationalists and patriotic.  

As Ileke posited, y'all ain't going nowhere as long as the oil fields are not yet dry (i.e. unless massive reserves are found in Sakwato, Kaduna, or the Chad basin).

@Becomerich, go on soun. cheesy Hand drawn maps can be used to distort facts. let the OP produce satellite images to justify his claims
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by EzeUche2(m): 7:36am On Feb 19, 2011
Becomrichn:

your maps are useless to me. they are hand draw. i am using latest technology.

i can tell you location everywhere. better than what you have . more accurate. your map is not accurate. i can see each oil well and tell you which state , they are. i can even tell you how many per state.

it is people from this area that draw this fake map to get oil money in derivation.

look my friend it is more than oil,.

ask any nigerian. why do you think boro haman want to leave nigeria. they dont have oil in the north. it is deep issue that would lead to civil war. i dont think you are nigerian.

^^^

How can you tell someone who was raised in the Niger Delta? I am from Port Harcourt. I have been throughout the Niger Delta. You cannot tell me that these maps are not accurate.

Actually visit the Niger Delta then report back to me. The maps you have been creating are a figment of your imagination.

My maps are fact. Your maps are frauds.
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by ekubear1: 7:50am On Feb 19, 2011
As I said earlier in this thread, those maps I guess are evidence that Biafra will never come to be.
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Becomrichn: 7:55am On Feb 19, 2011
i can tell those who are from the niger delta because they are all telling lies. everybody from niger delta claim he has oil in his villages,. that is not true.  even akwa ibom and cross river state citizen claim that in thier villages they have oil. that is not true.

most of this people are telling lies.

oil pollution is most cause by people from niger delta stealing oil and they break up the pipeline which transport the oil to the coast or depot . that why there is pollution. that you cant blame on oil companies but the people.

it is the people fault.  the issue is not about oil money but getting jobs for this people.

you see nation without oil are doing well.
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Becomrichn: 8:00am On Feb 19, 2011
look you, i can show you this area on satellite picture , some of the places in your map, which you claim oil well. all they have there is human houses,
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by EzeUche2(m): 8:03am On Feb 19, 2011
eku_bear:

As I said earlier in this thread, those maps I guess are evidence that Biafra will never come to be.

And I hope you realize that Biafra was over oil. The North after they had finished their pogroms wanted to secede, but the British talked some "sense" into Gowon and told him that Ojukwu and the Igbos would become a wealthy nation, because of all the oil.

The East remains conquered territory. However, if there is another war, which may likely happen, do not think it will be the same dynamics. The world has changed.

1 Like

Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by ekubear1: 8:12am On Feb 19, 2011
EzeUche_:

And I hope you realize that Biafra was over oil. The North after they had finished their pogroms wanted to secede, but the British talked some "sense" into Gowon and told him that Ojukwu and the Igbos would become a wealthy nation, because of all the oil.
Yep., starting to look like oil was a big reason. I wouldn't let those oilfields go myself, if I were in charge. I don't think anyone would.

The East remains conquered territory.
Starting to look that way, yep.

However, if there is another war, which may likely happen, do not think it will be the same dynamics. The world has changed.

Eh, probably a long discussion appropriate for another thread. . . but I'm not sure the dynamics has changed in your favor, personally. I'd much rather try to win a war with the resources of the Eastern Region behind me, rather than a land that has been divvied up.

Do you know that as little as 5 months ago, I thought the SE zone included Cross River and Akwa Ibom?

Looks like the region has been purposefully balkanized: http://insidenigeria.org/images/bigmap_of_nigeria.gif

1 Like

Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by EzeUche2(m): 8:15am On Feb 19, 2011
eku_bear:

Yep., starting to look like oil was a big reason. I wouldn't let those oilfields go myself, if I were in charge. I don't think anyone would.

An interesting aspect of this conflict, is that some of areas where the oil was present, the people who lived within those areas fought against Biafra.

Adaka Boro fought in the creeks of what is now Bayelsa State and now look what has happened to his region and his people.

The defeat of Biafra paved the way for the exploitation of the Niger Delta. Igbo interest in oil were taken out of the region and now the minorities that fought against us are suffering so many horrors. It is a very vicious cycle.
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by alex101(m): 8:47am On Feb 19, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Hear, hear!! cheesy

The map posted by the OP is more accurate than not, though not 100% accurate. No one can blame the Igbo coup plotters of the past and Ojukwu for attempting to secceed. Imagine a biafra with all that oil! I venture to say that such a country would rival the Arab oil rich countries on several levels. The sad truth is that the biafrans lost the war and will never form that nation without first killing off the rest of Nigeria - an impossibility at best. Best option for biafrans is to learn to live and let live, learn to be nationalists and patriotic.

As Ileke posited, y'all ain't going nowhere as long as the oil fields are not yet dry (i.e. unless massive reserves are found in Sakwato, Kaduna, or the Chad basin).

@Becomerich, go on soun. cheesy Hand drawn maps can be used to distort facts. let the OP produce satellite images to justify his claims

@ 1st bolded, I'm happy you agree that a biafra nation would rival oil rich arab countries. cool Infact, I would even go further to say that a biafra nation will outpace any oil rich arab world- it will be more like competing with the asian countries like china, Japan etc. as far as biafra is concerned.
BTW, my friend, why didn't your leaders (from the 1970's to date) develop nigeria, with all these oil to rival the oil rich arab countries?

@ the 2nd bolded, becareful what you wish for, dreams/wishes have a way of coming to past! grin
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 9:10am On Feb 19, 2011
Quote from: ndu_chucks

The sad truth is that the biafrans lost the war and will never form that nation without first killing off the rest of Nigeria - an impossibility at best.

Don't worry about that; we would devise an ingenious way of getting the job done this time if necessary. cool

What you should really spend your time thinking about is how to find that oil in sakwato and Nguru. cool
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by houvest: 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2011
I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW. IT WAS ALL ABOUT OIL, STU.PID.

The propaganda machine of the federal government has  had phenomenal success  making us believe that the war was fought to keep Nigeria one. I have come to realize  that the  main reason for the civil war executed against Biafra was the  discovery of  OIL in commercial qauntity in eastern Nigeria, pure and simple.
I now understand why Gowon's words of the basis of Nigerian unity no longer existing changed dramatically a few days later to ' To keep Nigeria one is a task that must be done' and the cries of 'araba'  suddenly changed to 'one nigeria.'
I now understand why the North and West that had wanted to go it alone few years before were now the supervisors of a ferocious war against the Easterners in the guise of One nigeria and why the Aburi accord was betrayed.
I now understand  that why Gowon created states the way he did was to remove the areas with the oil out of the control of Biafra. Good divide and conquer tactic and it worked.
I now understand why the Nasir boundary adjustment panel excised most of the oil-producing communities out of East central state and why even communities still left for them had their oil wells put under rivers state eg Owaza. It is only about 3 years ago that some wells were handed back to Abia state but I do not know whether the resources accruing from those wells over the years were reparated to Abia.

I can now understand why every government wants to loot as much as possible instead of embarking on Nation building.Loot as much as you can before the oil dries up and everybody now goes his way. Probably they put its life span to say 10 or 20 years so chop as much as you can.

I  now understand why oil blocks have been divided up among themselves as well as top positions in oil companies.
I  now understand  why the FG has underdeveloped the SS and SE , where mosts of the oil and gas is found, THEY WERE IN A HURRY TO LOOT AND GO.
If they had been smart, they would have done to them what US did to Germany and Japan, develop to control and there would never have been a MASSOB, MOSOP or MEND.
I  now understand why the SE and SS has been excluded from power so that they do not know what is happenning
I  now understand why the cabal resisted GEJ's acting presidency and his impending full tenured presidency.
Many things will be exposed by GEJ's presidency not to talk of an Igbo presidency.I need to get a shock absorber.

When I was a child I behaved like a child but now I am a grown-up so I have put childish things behind me and so can reason like a grown up.
I once was lost but now I am found
I was blind but now I can see.

1 Like

Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by nduchucks: 2:19pm On Feb 19, 2011
alex101:

BTW, my friend, why didn't your leaders (from the 1970's to date) develop nigeria, with all these oil to rival the oil rich arab countries?

My brother, our leaders in Nigeria have failed us woefully. My admonition to you is to remove tribal and ethnic sentiments out of your analysis in order to see that those leaders hail from South, West, East, and North. These leaders do not have the best interest of ordinary citizens in their hearts. They feel just as comfortable with marginalizing the common people of the oil producing regions, as they do the poor masses in the North.  Just look at the composition of PDP and you'll get a picture of what I mean.

@houvest, you like most other Nigerians, particularly from the East, have been sold the notion that the civil war was not about oil. Only a fool will continue to believe that Ojukwu's main goal was not to control the oil rich region. Ojukwu's plans ultimately failed due to poor planning and abbysmal strategies coupled by naivity. Quite sad.

@Onlytruth, shatap dia! Biafra is as d.ead as the Otu of a 110 year old woman, move on. olodo
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Dede1(m): 2:36pm On Feb 19, 2011
Anybody who believed the unwanted war precipitated on Biafra was an endeavor geared towards keeping Nigeria as one entity could be a fool for ever. I say unequivocally the war was about crude oil. As a matter of fact, I am not upset with northern or western regions with their active roles in the war. However, I could not say the same on the participation of most southern minorities in war against Biafra.

It is very funny the so-called “Ijo youths” and nonsensical Niger Delta groups had audacious pedigree to shout marginalization. The loot of the war has been choreographically divided between the northern and western regions. The deceitful federal government of Nigeria developed Lagos as a mega city and left it for Yoruba then developed Abuja as another mega city for Fulani.

The same ethnically biased federal had to build refinery in Kaduna and spent resources that could be used to erect two refineries in the south just to lay pipe line from the south to fed Kaduna refinery. These actions are worse then colonialism. There was a time when Port Harcourt Wharf made easterners forget that Apapa Wharf ever existed. Is it a cause if federal government of Nigeria situated an airport in the level of MM and NAA in eastern region?  I am ashamed of behaviors of most of the peeps from southern Nigeria who seemed to be under the influence of a poison administered by northerners and yet feel happy about it.
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Becomrichn: 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2011
houvent, when in the picture do you see oil in the south east, the south east has no oil. only 1 oil well, even if you had the ones in ndoniin rivers .it make 6 well in igboland.
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Dede1(m): 3:21pm On Feb 19, 2011
Becomrichn:

houvent, when in the picture do you see oil in the south east, the south east has no oil. only 1 oil well, even if you had the ones in ndoniin rivers .it make 6 well in igboland.

Please read up on the cradle of crude oil exploration in southern protectorate of the British colony by Shell D’arcy.
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 8:14pm On Feb 19, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@houvest, you like most other Nigerians, particularly from the East, have been sold the notion that the civil war was not about oil. Only a fool will continue to believe that Ojukwu's main goal was not to control the oil rich region. Ojukwu's plans ultimately failed due to poor planning and abbysmal strategies coupled by naivity. Quite sad.

@Onlytruth, shatap dia! Biafra is as d.ead as the Otu of a 110 year old woman, move on. olodo

You are the fool because you believe that theft can be allowed to stand for ever. No my friend it won't.

Believe me, all it would take is a brilliant idea (which can come up at any time), and you would wake up to see that you are facing a war you cannot win.

Your constant mistake is to assume that every future eastern move must resemble 1967.

Truth is that we may even use your previous allies against you next time.
One of these day,we will pursue, overtake and recover all our stolen assets. cool
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 21, 2011
Onlytruth:

You are the fool because you believe that theft can be allowed to stand for ever. No my friend it won't.

Believe me, all it would take is a brilliant idea (which can come up at any time), and you would wake up to see that you are facing a war you cannot win.

Your constant mistake is to assume that every future eastern move must resemble 1967.

Truth is that we may even use your previous allies against you next time.
One of these day,we will pursue, overtake and recover all our stolen assets. cool
What are you jabbing about?
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by matazzmagi(m): 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2011
The idea of Igbo oppressing their neighbors is a phantom propaganda backed up with no facts, figures or evidence. Just empty bluster of perjury. Historical facts rather confirm that Igbo and their neighbors have generally lived in peace and harmony for centuries, interacted and intermarried. Divisive propaganda is Nigeria's intriguing creation and open secret scheme and policy of divide-and-conquer,
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by tyrant11: 3:43pm On Mar 30, 2011
nobody ever said that igbo land has no oil , but is bayelsa state igbo land is akwa ibom igbo land ?? is cross river igbo land ? . who gave u the right to declare them biafra.

did they give u that right

and for your info . south west got oil as well.
Re: Maps Of Oil Fields In Nigeria by bashr4: 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2011
tyrant11:

nobody ever said that igbo land has no oil , but is bayelsa state igbo land is akwa ibom igbo land ?? is cross river igbo land ? . who gave u the right to declare them biafra.

did they give u that right

and for your info . south west got oil as well.

yeah lots of ijebu palm oil ,i agree

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Tambuwal Survives, Narrowly Defeats APC In Sokoto / Omenuwoma Josiah Rejects Appointment From Governor Okowa, Supports Peter Obi / President Jammeh Gets His Plane Ready As Nigerian Warship Heads To Gambia.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.