Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu (4043 Views)

Obasanjo, Tinubu Clash Over Ministerial Nominees: New telegraph / Vindictive Buhari Replaces Marilyn Ogar With Another Fulani / Like Obasanjo Like Buhari? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by LocalChamp: 9:53am On Feb 17, 2011
Ribadu not vindictive like Obasanjo —Tinubu

By Olusola Fabiyi

Thursday, 17 Feb 2011

A former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Wednesday said the presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, was not a vindictive person like former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

He said it would be wrong for people to think that Ribadu would descend on them if he wins the forthcoming presidential election.

Tinubu, who spoke in Abuja at the unveiling of the party’s manifesto and agenda for Nigeria, said that the toes that Ribadu stepped on while serving as the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission were rotten.

He said because of the desire of the former president to get rid of him and send him to jail after he must have completed his tenure as governor of Lagos State in 2007, he asked Ribadu and the commission to investigate him (Tinubu).

The former governor said he spent about eight hours with the commission’s investigators on the day he was invited, adding that at the end, he was asked to go home.

He said, “People have said Ribadu stepped on many toes. Yes, he did because the toes were rotten and infected.

“If you cannot fight the cancer called corruption, there is no way you can move the country forward.

“I was the most hunted governor by Obasanjo’s government. They were looking for a way to get rid of me. Some even said that I was not going to stay to handover to my successor.

“They said I had several bank accounts, that I have undeclared assets all over the place. Yet, they would not tell you the balance sheets of these accounts.

“Ribadu investigated me for several hours. I was invited and faced investigators between 10am and 7pm. When I was there, my wife was fasting. At the end of the day, I was left to go home.

“Ribadu did not manufacture a case against me as expected by his boss. He is not a vindictive person. If your toe is infected, you will not sleep well. Those who are accusing him of selective justice should ask whether any case he instituted as chairman of the EFCC was thrown out by the court.

“Those he took to court were either jailed, or they entered into a plea bargaining.”

He said the ACN was a different political party from the Peoples Democratic Party, which he christened ‘Poverty Development Party.’

“They (PDP government) would come to you and say ‘come and join us so that we can sweep your case under the carpet.’

“They are blackmailers. We will change that government. It is time to sweep away non-performing government. This (ACN) is a party of ideas. We are different from the PDP.”

Tinubu said it was an irony that the Federal Government was still borrowing money when the price of crude oil was soaring high at the international market.

“When you have the price of oil soaring high and you keep on borrowing, you should pack your load and go,” he added.

Also speaking on the occasion, Ribadu who described the PDP-led administration as an abysmal failure in governance, said his party was poised to lead the mission of change in Nigeria.

He called on the PDP-led Federal Government to be ready to leave, since, according to him, it had not been able to lead Nigeria satisfactorily.

He said, “It has become fashionable for everyone to talk mechanically about change in the country today, even those who have inflicted the worst injury on our treasury, and our best values speak glibly about change.

“But for us, the distinction is clear as daylight; the change we talk about begins with a leadership that is transparent, accountable, competent, experienced, and virile.

On his part, a former National Chairman of the PDP, Chief Audu Ogbeh, said the ACN is the best political party that can lead Nigeria.

Ogbeh, who was the chairman of a five-man committee that re-examined and reenergised the party’s manifesto, said apart from the party, other political parties were mere machines for vote catching.

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201102174331517
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2011
So this dollar-billionaire called Tinubu wants us to believe he is not corrupt?
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by rasputinn(m): 12:26pm On Feb 17, 2011
LocalChamp:

Ribadu not vindictive like Obasanjo —Tinubu

By Olusola Fabiyi

Thursday, 17 Feb 2011

A former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Wednesday said Tinubu said that the toes that Ribadu stepped on while serving as the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission were rotten.

He said because of the desire of the former president to get rid of him and send him to jail after he must have completed his tenure as governor of Lagos State in 2007, he asked Ribadu and the commission to investigate him (Tinubu).

The former governor said he spent about eight hours with the commission’s investigators on the day he was invited, adding that at the end, he was asked to go home.

He said, “People have said Ribadu stepped on many toes. Yes, he did because the toes were rotten and infected.

“If you cannot fight the cancer called corruption, there is no way you can move the country forward.

“I was the most http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201102174331517

This is the height of hypocrisy,absolutely unbelievable,Tinubu,the chief corrupt politician in the land today,sermonizing on the need to fight corruption shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by rasputinn(m): 12:28pm On Feb 17, 2011
^^^

Talking baout corrupt toes,does saint Tinubu's list of people with rotten toes not include "smart"thieves and certificate forgers like himself who kept hiding their toes and moving their feet anytime Ribadu sought to step on them
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 17, 2011
so so sickening a comment,
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by anonimi: 12:49pm On Feb 17, 2011
Ogbeni ojuyobo is a master story spinner to the delight of his gullible crowd of Area Boys and beneficiary godsons.
This pseudo-progressive leader of the geriatric elders club otherwise known as Autocrats Congress of Nigeria (ACN) that wants to pass itself off as reformed Action Group should not have stopped at Obasanjo.  He should have been asked to include himself.
The journalists should have asked him about his vindictiveness against Fashola for trying to reduce the milk in ojuyobo's feeding bottle- the review of the parasitic contracts BAT set up to siphon Lagosians' taxes and federal allocation.
Did he not plan the impeachment of Fashola last year until we the people said NO WAY?
Was he not planning to install Muiz Banire as next governor until he saw that he will be shooting himself in the leg due to Fashola's performance and popularity??
Tinubu should spare us with his tombo bar gists. We know better.
Btw, have you verified your details in the voters' register on display till tomorrow 18th?
By now you should be identifying, scrutinising, selecting and supporting candidates in your constituency asking for your votes to become your representatives in the state and national assemblies.
Let's reduce the number of legisLOOTERs and replace them with legislators. Only we can do it.
Ojuyobo & co are only proposing their wives, children, in-laws and maybe even househelps. There must be better (or less bad) alternatives.
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by Meldrick(m): 1:12pm On Feb 17, 2011
Just imagine what Ribadu's thinking. Oh Tinubu, you are the greatest thief. T[b]hief[/b]nubu. When i get to power, i'll kick you out.
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by omo9ja1(m): 1:13pm On Feb 17, 2011
Gbammm!!! I dey laugh 0o0o0o0o00
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by Joe50(m): 1:15pm On Feb 17, 2011
who is this Ribadu man self angry, abeg make him let person hear word, person way be like sickler wan rule naija angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by Beaf: 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2011
Its a funny World where ethnically bigoted drug barons compare and recommend "good" men to the population. Tinubu belongs in jail.
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by Beaf: 1:17pm On Feb 17, 2011
Joe50:

who is this Ribadu man self angry, abeg make him let person hear word, person way be like sickler wan rule naija angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Ask me o!
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by Genbuhari3: 1:36pm On Feb 17, 2011
Tinubu has finally achieved his aim.

To promote Ribadu's candidature so that all issues of corruptions on him will be wiped out.

Can you imagine Satan standing beside Jesus and saying to the world 'It is God that is vindictive, not Jesus. Jesus has tried me and has found me clean'

And Jesus is there beside Satan smiling.

and i am sure a whole lot of peope will start going to Church of Satan

What a shame!
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by tlops(m): 1:39pm On Feb 17, 2011
^^haha, grin
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by pinkrex(m): 1:47pm On Feb 17, 2011
I dey provoke for this kind rebellion, why will he be rebelling against his fellow thiefs with such ridiclous attention seeking statement, so now there are public speech-educated but enhancing criminals inside,
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by bisiaet: 1:48pm On Feb 17, 2011
This is the height of hypocrisy,absolutely unbelievable,Tinubu,the chief corrupt politician in the land today,sermonizing on the need to fight corruption    

You are very correct.

This man called Tinubu is really making me sick. So his new name is now Saint Tinubu? because so called Tinubu of all politician calling someone corrupt? Wonder shall never end.

This is absolute hypocracy infact it was because of this Tinubu / Ribadu stuffs that made me to vow not to cast my vote for ACN because I can see a kind of curtain hide game here. "Cat is hunting and rat is eating". Was this not this same Ribadu that was after Tinubu when he was EFCC Chairman? Was it not same Tinubu who called Ribadu and Obj all sort of name when he was to stand trial for corruption? Was is it not this same Ribadu that was to face court for non declaration of his assets? Now look at these people now they are the Mr Saint in the ACN caucus I will not and never vote for them despite belong to that party I will rather vote other party because I can not trust all these guys for a second, this is just absolute jargons

And by the way who a H E L L is this Ribadu of a thing??
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by youngmonie: 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2011
Beaf:

Ask me o!
lol!!!, so its jonathan that doesnt look like a sickler or a drukn fisher man, i dy laugh ohh, THIS IS NOT ABOUT TINUBU, ITS ABOUT RIBADU AND KICKING PDP AWAY FROM GOVERNMENT, nobody holy pass
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by anonimi: 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2011
youngmonie:

lol!!!, so its jonathan that doesnt look like a sickler or a drukn fisher man, i dy laugh ohh, THIS IS NOT ABOUT TINUBU, ITS ABOUT RIBADU AND KICKING PDP AWAY FROM GOVERNMENT, nobody holy pass

To be replaced with Autocrats Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and their original family affair of wives, children, in-laws, concubines and maybe even househelps ruling over us. shocked shocked shocked
Tufiakwa!!! God forbid!!!
I would prefer to deal with a non-pretentious hooligan than an Ashiwaju of Area Boys gang pretending to be democrats and progressives. NEVER.
Our mumu don do!!!
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by globatop: 2:37pm On Feb 17, 2011
Anything is posible in polithieves.

But in comparism, you can not compare ojuyobo administration with even the best PDP state, there are achievements, OBJ and Ojuyobo are both Yoruba leader/elder, both has played their role, we suppose to be their judge but none of them can score 100%. But out of two evils, definitely you choose the lesser one. PDP has failed the nation, lets try others, irrespective of their personalities.
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by debosky(m): 2:51pm On Feb 17, 2011
Beaf:

Its a funny World where ethnically bigoted drug barons compare and recommend "good" men to the population. Tinubu belongs in jail.

Why does Tinubu belong in jail? Don't go posting the same forfeiture image here, because that is a settled case. If after all these years the so called accusations have still not been brought to court, that implies that there isn't a solid case against him.

anonimi:

To be replaced with Autocrats Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and their original family affair of wives, children, in-laws, concubines and maybe even househelps ruling over us. shocked shocked shocked
I would prefer to deal with a non-pretentious hooligan than an Ashiwaju of Area Boys gang pretending to be democrats and progressives. NEVER.
Our mumu don do!!!

In PDP don't we have Anenih's wife as a minister? Weren't people getting married to Yar'adua's daughters to gain political favour for re-election? Wasn't Yar'adua's wife the one controlling the presidency?

At least the so called 'family members' of Tinubu will go and face the electorate for votes, something GEJ has NEVER done in his life (apart from being a spare tire grin) and something that the likes of Turai and Jennifer Anenih never did, only gaining power because they were wives of power brokers.

If his family members are deemed suitable by the electorate, it is none of your business. The so called autocrats have produced the best governor Nigeria has seen since the return of democracy. BRF's performance in ONE YEAR exceeds that of GEJ's entire political career so what is the comparison?

Even if their processes are not ideal, the CHARACTER and PERFORMANCE of their candidates far exceed anything PDP can ever bring up.
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by phantom23: 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2011
Ribadu worked for the PDP, so did Audu Ogbeh. These idiots are just bunch of criminals branding other criminals criminal because they have changed from a political party to another.
Nigerians are wiser than all that now. We are aiming for a revolution in Nigeria soon, FINGERS CROSSED.
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by Beaf: 3:00pm On Feb 17, 2011
youngmonie:

[size=14pt] grin grin grin
Lolz! Vote ACN!!
Cast your vote for an ethnically bigoted drug baron, vote in the ACN candidates; Tinubu's wife, Tinubu's kids, Tinubu's inlaws, Tinubu's girlfriends and Tinubu's family friends!!![/size]

Unu go wound pesin o! grin grin grin
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by hbrednic: 3:05pm On Feb 17, 2011
Tinubu you had better stay behind the frontline line before all the shits will start to surface,
we know you and all your dirty games,you cant fool nigerians.
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by mrofficial(m): 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2011
anonimi:

Our mumu don do!!!

I used to think you were fighting for Nigeria with your 'one man one vote' posts. Now I know you're also a corrupt someone.

globatop:

Anything is posible in polithieves.

But in comparism, you can not compare ojuyobo administration with even the best PDP state, there are achievements, OBJ and Ojuyobo are both Yoruba leader/elder, both has played their role, we suppose to be their judge but none of them can score 100%. But out of two evils, definitely you choose the lesser one. PDP has failed the nation, lets try others, irrespective of their personalities.

Thank you my brother. 12 years of nothing and uptil now, they cannot boast of anything. Let's try others, PDP has failed Nigeria to the brim.

Again, they'll expect OBJ to come to the public and tell everyone that he looted the country during his tenure.

By the way, you can't compare Tinubu to OBJ. Tinubu gave Lagos state fashola, which we all can see what he's turning Lagos state into. OBJ gave Nigeria to another corrupt minds when he was leaving power. He's a plague to Nigeria.

See them supporting PDP, while OBJ is jumping up and down with Goodluck Gridluck to campaign. Tell me, what more can you expect from that devilish party?

Nobody holy pass. Tinubu is better than OBJ. If you do not agree, I'll say let's try other parties. Shikena.
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by tunyus(m): 3:30pm On Feb 17, 2011
anonimi:

Ogbeni ojuyobo is a master story spinner to the delight of his gullible crowd of Area Boys and beneficiary godsons.
This pseudo-progressive leader of the geriatric elders club otherwise known as Autocrats Congress of Nigeria (ACN) that wants to pass itself off as reformed Action Group should not have stopped at Obasanjo.  He should have been asked to include himself.
The journalists should have asked him about his vindictiveness against Fashola for trying to reduce the milk in ojuyobo's feeding bottle- the review of the parasitic contracts BAT set up to siphon Lagosians' taxes and federal allocation.
Did he not plan the impeachment of Fashola last year until we the people said NO WAY?
Was he not planning to install Muiz Banire as next governor until he saw that he will be shooting himself in the leg due to Fashola's performance and popularity??
Tinubu should spare us with his tombo bar gists. We know better.
Btw, have you verified your details in the voters' register on display till tomorrow 18th?
By now you should be identifying, scrutinising, selecting and supporting candidates in your constituency asking for your votes to become your representatives in the state and national assemblies.
Let's reduce the number of legisLOOTERs and replace them with legislators. Only we can do it.
Ojuyobo & co are only proposing their wives, children, in-laws and maybe even househelps. There must be better (or less bad) alternatives.
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by debosky(m): 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2011
phantom23:

Ribadu worked for the PDP, so did Audu Ogbeh. These idiots are just bunch of criminals branding other criminals criminal because they have changed from a political party to another.
Nigerians are wiser than all that now. We are aiming for a revolution in Nigeria soon, FINGERS CROSSED.

A lot of people in politics have had some involvement with the PDP, but we know the REASONS why some people left so don't go calling people criminals glibly.

Audu Ogbeh was forced out of PDP for being critical of OBJ's actions and missteps and had the courage to speak out. He was shoved aside for a yes man like Gemade to take over.

Ditto for Ribadu - he was forced out of office and humiliated because Yar'adua's (and by extension GEJ's) candidature was sponsored from the corrupt proceeds of Ibori's looting of Delta state.

You need to be more intelligent when making political commentary - no one is fooled by blanket statements not based on fact.
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by vislabraye(m): 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2011
What is the basis of comparison? Tinubu must have something up his sleaves
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2011
LMAO @ Topic Re:
Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu

He could have fooled me the way he went about hounding suspects in the OBJ days grin I am surprised with all the friction between OBJ and Tinubu EFCC never crashed Tinubu's party.
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by jacobs123(m): 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2011
Ribadu has just allowed his ambition to destroy him, TINUBU has only succeded in laundering his image using RIBADU (the corruption fighter). Once Ribadu loses the election, he can't accuse Tinubu of corruption again!!!
I think Ribadu should humble himself and give up on the race and endorse Buhari, just my thought anyway!!!
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 17, 2011
debosky:

Why does Tinubu belong in jail? Don't go posting the same forfeiture image here, because that is a settled case. If after all these years the so called accusations have still not been brought to court, that implies that there isn't a solid case against him.

In PDP don't we have Anenih's wife as a minister? Weren't people getting married to Yar'adua's daughters to gain political favour for re-election? Wasn't Yar'adua's wife the one controlling the presidency?

At least the so called 'family members' of Tinubu will go and face the electorate for votes, something GEJ has NEVER done in his life (apart from being a spare tire grin) and something that the likes of Turai and Jennifer Anenih never did, only gaining power because they were wives of power brokers.

If his family members are deemed suitable by the electorate, it is none of your business. The so called autocrats have produced the best governor Nigeria has seen since the return of democracy. BRF's performance in ONE YEAR exceeds that of GEJ's entire political career so what is the comparison?

Even if their processes are not ideal, the CHARACTER and PERFORMANCE of their candidates far exceed anything PDP can ever bring up.

You can be too sure about that, his hope is that he will rig them into office by all means. How can you be so confident when Tinubu did not allow them to go thru proper primaries? They were simply imposed on the party members.

How come saint Tinubu wanted a performing BRF out of the Alausa if he was such a saviour? Tinubu is just in for what he can get and as for Ribadu I pity him because he has just been used by tinubu for image laundering. angry
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by vocalist(f): 5:57pm On Feb 17, 2011
please i am tired of this thing call tinubu of a thing, y does he like complaining, n wonder my father told me that a loose always complain, rubbish thing, abeg make i hear word
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by bisiaet: 6:00pm On Feb 17, 2011
I knew it before hand that the sudden die hard support of Tinubu toward Ribadu is very malicious and a cover up game. It was to my surprise that the same " Saint Tinubu" who was saying someone has no political experience and blablabla could now turn around and beleif Ribuda who has never be a street concilor ever is now the most experience and suitable candidate for ACN? I knew Tinubu is up to something. Now  Mr Ribadu has allowed himself again to fall to the hand of the rotten ONES AGAIN to the extend he now rub shoulder with them and parley with them it's very unfortunate I seriously sorry for him Ribadu never understand anything yet his eyes will open later and understand that politicians in Nigeria are very very cunning when they want to clip you they patley you and when your wings are clip they throw you out like a waste material.
Re: Ribadu Not Vindictive Like Obasanjo —tinubu by alanbolo(m): 6:39pm On Feb 17, 2011
^^^^^ well said

(1) (2) (Reply)

If The Price Of Petrol Is Returned To 65, What Will Be The Effects? / Pension Cartel ‘rakes In N3.3b Monthly’ / Strength And Weaknesses Of APC Presidential Aspirants: Who Wins, Who Loses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.